|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
(b) They are told that it is evil.
(c) They are punished if they attempt it.
(d) They are not told about incest.
2. What are transposons?
(b) Out law genes.
(c) Weaker genes.
3. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(b) Killing Catholics.
(c) His sermons.
(d) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
4. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(b) World War II.
(c) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
(d) No one can catch up.
5. How does evolution work?
(a) Change is continuous.
(b) Without competition between organisms.
(c) Very slowly, over thousands of years.
(d) Different adaptations of an individual which give a reproductive edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the interests of most males?
2. What kind of study does evolution become?
3. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
4. From this, what seems clear?
5. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)