|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(b) Death and destruction.
(c) Parasites and diseases.
(d) Killing ones own organisms.
2. In a person's youth, what happens to them to thwart off incest?
(a) They are not told about incest.
(b) They are imprinted with an aversion toward incest.
(c) They are told that it is evil.
(d) They are punished if they attempt it.
3. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) Information about the author.
(b) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(c) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(d) With diagrams.
4. What is clear about what women want in a mate?
(a) Men who are smart but have no chance of rising in status.
(b) High status men that have the ability to rise in the status hierarchy.
(c) Men who are thin.
(d) Middle class men.
5. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
2. What do humans living in groups need to be able to tell about individuals in the group?
3. How do organisms compete during evolution?
4. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
5. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)