|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
(b) The Red Queen Theory.
(c) The King's Theory.
(d) The Blue Book Theory.
2. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
(c) A dose of progesterone.
(d) A dose of testosterone.
3. In different times, when was marriage through cousins not appropriate?
(a) When large amounts of land were involved.
(b) When the marriage was between unequal partners.
(c) It was never appropriate.
(d) Whenever the parents did not want them to marry.
4. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
(c) Chinese and Indian.
5. Human minds easily acquire new _____________, which is an advantage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
2. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
3. According to some arguments, why did larger brains evolve?
4. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
5. Who argues that the mind is made up of many different "modules" that have evolved over time such as "fear snakes" and various cheater detection mechanisms?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)