|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do apes and humans both prefer over being bored?
(b) Providing for their mates.
2. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
(a) Neighbors and fellow humans are always against you.
(b) Humans need greater and greater intelligence to scheme better than their neighbors and rivals.
(c) Protect yourself at all costs, even if you must kill your neighbor.
(d) Humans will never scheme against one another.
3. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) The origin of human nature.
(b) The origin of emotions.
(c) The origin of attraction between humans.
(d) Differences in humans.
4. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
(a) The ability to support her and future children.
(b) Infidelity in the relationship.
(c) Good genes.
(d) Excessive amounts of sperm.
5. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Doctors and scientists.
(c) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a man's brain to change in the womb?
2. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
3. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
4. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
5. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)