|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
(a) Subjects that behave well.
(b) More ability to bring in food.
(c) More women to mate with.
(d) More land.
2. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
(b) All the clones will be healthy.
(c) There will be no one competing.
(d) It is not less risky.
3. Most modern societies are _________.
4. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(b) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(c) With diagrams.
(d) Information about the author.
5. Of the following options, what do humans do best?
(a) Perform the same logical task in a non-social context.
(b) Gossip about friends and neighbors.
(c) Pick out faithful people.
(d) Pick out cheaters in a social context.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues that the mind is made up of many different "modules" that have evolved over time such as "fear snakes" and various cheater detection mechanisms?
2. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
3. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
4. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
5. How do species outwit killer viruses?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)