|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "good genes" theory?
(a) Smart people are attracted to other smart people.
(b) More attractive males will produce beautiful children.
(c) More attractive people make smart people.
(d) Beautiful children are evil.
2. How do species outwit killer viruses?
(a) With their brains.
(b) Sexual reproduction.
(c) Splitting cells.
(d) Asexual reproduction.
3. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
(c) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
(d) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
4. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
(a) The ability to keep her safe.
(c) A male that promises to stay around.
(d) External factors, like male attractiveness.
5. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The Blue Book Theory.
(b) The Red Queen Theory.
(c) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
(d) The King's Theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modern day society sometime practices polygamy?
2. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
3. From this, what seems clear?
4. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
5. What seems to be partially the result of genetics?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)