|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the human female's interest concerning reproduction and mating?
(a) Females do not want to have babies.
(b) They want an ideal husband.
(c) Ideal husband for reproduction and reproductive partners on the sly.
(d) Women only want many partners to make the best babies.
2. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) An inefficient means.
(b) Not an easy way.
(c) An attempt.
(d) Not able.
3. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To eat all of the stored food.
(b) To increase the chance of survival.
(c) To see his many wives.
(d) To escape the females.
4. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(b) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(c) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(d) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
5. Chapter 9 begins with __________.
(a) A mistaken identity.
(b) A discussion between morals.
(c) The potential genetic basis of homosexuality.
(d) A dissertation concerning new ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Machiavellian" hypothesis?
2. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
3. Why do genes exist?
4. Who suggested the idea that language acquisition is partly the result of an innate or genetically acquired ability to learn grammar?
5. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)