|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
2. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
(a) All the time, no matter what the relationship.
(b) In monogamous relationships.
(c) In homosexual relationships.
(d) In polygamous groups, such as monkeys.
3. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) To negate human nature.
(b) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(c) Study creationists theories.
(d) To ignore its history.
4. Of the following options, what do humans do best?
(a) Perform the same logical task in a non-social context.
(b) Gossip about friends and neighbors.
(c) Pick out faithful people.
(d) Pick out cheaters in a social context.
5. What do women fantasize about?
(a) A smaller number of men.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Having children.
(d) A large number of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, why did humans develop intelligence?
2. What is clear about what women want in a mate?
3. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
4. What is the tangled bank theory?
5. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)