|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sexual selection?
(a) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(b) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
(c) Random mating between humans.
(d) Irrational mating between humans.
2. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(b) To study asexual reproduction.
(c) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(d) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
3. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(b) Doctors and scientists.
(d) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
4. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
(b) Sex drives.
5. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(b) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(d) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a landscape, what will boys pick out as being important?
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
3. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
4. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
5. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)