|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
(a) More boys will be born, because it is what people want.
(b) There will be more births overall.
(c) There will be less births overall.
(d) Virgin births will happen to adjust and make more female babies.
2. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
(a) It is much less expensive.
(b) It is easier to be in a relationship with one person.
(c) Males and females want to focus on one set of children.
(d) Man's competitor in the sexual arms race (women) want it.
3. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
(a) Society; culture.
(b) Culture; society.
(c) Culture; country.
(d) Country; culture.
4. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
5. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(b) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
(c) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(d) To study asexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
2. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
3. Unlike other primates, humans do not publicly display their __________.
4. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
5. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)