|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
(a) Males and females want to focus on one set of children.
(b) It is easier to be in a relationship with one person.
(c) It is much less expensive.
(d) Man's competitor in the sexual arms race (women) want it.
2. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
(a) More boys will be born, because it is what people want.
(b) There will be more births overall.
(c) Virgin births will happen to adjust and make more female babies.
(d) There will be less births overall.
3. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Leigh Van Valen.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Graham Bell.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
4. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) A slow process.
(b) Competition between friends.
(c) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
(d) How organisms become better over generations.
5. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
(c) Males and Females.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
2. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
3. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
4. How does Chapter 5 begin?
5. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)