|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of course, both males and females have a (an) ________ to deceive the other sex to promote their own attractiveness.
2. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) No one.
(b) Only humans, not other organisms.
(c) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
3. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
(b) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
(c) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
4. What tends to stay private between humans?
5. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
(a) All the time, no matter what the relationship.
(b) In polygamous groups, such as monkeys.
(c) In homosexual relationships.
(d) In monogamous relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of study does evolution become?
2. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
3. Females are ______ more likely to have the right kind of orgasm and to become impregnated when unfaithful.
4. What is sexual selection?
5. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)