|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
(a) Homosexual; Homosexual.
(b) Homosexual; heterosexual.
(c) Heterosexual; heterosexual.
(d) Heterosexual; homosexual.
2. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(b) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(c) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(d) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
3. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(b) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(c) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(d) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
4. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
(a) The male with the nicest wing span.
(b) Based on ornamentation.
(c) Based on having the most food.
(d) The prettiest beak.
5. Men and women behave and perform certain roles in every _______ and _____.
(a) Society; culture.
(b) Culture; country.
(c) Culture; society.
(d) Country; culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a landscape, what will boys pick out as being important?
2. What are the human female's interest concerning reproduction and mating?
3. What is the solution of the individually rational genes?
4. How do species outwit killer viruses?
5. Most modern societies are _________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)