|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
(a) Why people are attracted to one another.
(b) The reason for asexual reproduction.
(c) A new way for humans to mate.
(d) A reason for an individual organism to prefer sexual over asexual reproduction.
2. Who cannot compete with males?
(a) Masculine females.
(d) Other males.
3. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
(a) The story of the salesman.
(b) The story of the fisherman.
(c) The kangeroo story.
(d) The story of the gazelle.
4. What do the females of this same group prefer?
(a) Well-built mounds, instead of poorly constructed mounds.
(b) Males that will take care of them.
(c) Males who are attractive.
(d) Intelligent males.
5. What are transposons?
(c) Out law genes.
(d) Weaker genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
2. Natural selection is a prerequisite of __________.
3. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
4. Of course, both males and females have a (an) ________ to deceive the other sex to promote their own attractiveness.
5. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)