|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(b) No, never.
(d) Yes, always.
2. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(b) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(d) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
3. How do species outwit killer viruses?
(a) Splitting cells.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(c) With their brains.
(d) Sexual reproduction.
4. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
(a) One half.
(b) Two thirds.
(c) One third.
(d) Three fourths.
5. What animals are only interested in exclusive fidelity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of success does evolution care about?
2. When was polygamy stamped out?
3. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
4. In a landscape, what will boys pick out as being important?
5. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)