|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was polygamy stamped out?
(a) As governments solidified the institution of marriage.
(b) The people demanded it.
(c) Religion decided it wanted exclusive marriage.
(d) When women protested it.
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(b) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
(c) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(d) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
3. How do males fantasize?
(a) They think of several women.
(b) They do not fantasize.
(c) They only think about one woman.
(d) They concentrate on the sexual act itself.
4. How do species outwit killer viruses?
(a) Sexual reproduction.
(b) With their brains.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Splitting cells.
5. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
(a) One third.
(b) One half.
(c) Two thirds.
(d) Three fourths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
2. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
3. Thinking that male and female brains are different is often thought to be_______.
4. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
5. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)