|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was polygamy stamped out?
(a) As governments solidified the institution of marriage.
(b) When women protested it.
(c) Religion decided it wanted exclusive marriage.
(d) The people demanded it.
2. What are the human female's interest concerning reproduction and mating?
(a) They want an ideal husband.
(b) Females do not want to have babies.
(c) Women only want many partners to make the best babies.
(d) Ideal husband for reproduction and reproductive partners on the sly.
3. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
(a) The clone population will effectively kill the virus.
(b) The clones attack one another in order to survive.
(c) The virus will kill only the weakest clones.
(d) The clone population will be wiped out.
4. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) With a discussion of human nature.
(c) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(d) With a story of Martians.
5. If there are too many males, it will eventually be better to be a ____________.
(c) Female or male.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
2. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
3. What is the "sexy-sons" theory?
4. How do species outwit killer viruses?
5. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)