|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did males evolve?
(b) Waiting for females.
(c) With much difficulty.
(d) Simultaneously with females.
2. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The Blue Book Theory.
(b) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
(c) The Red Queen Theory.
(d) The King's Theory.
3. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With mating behavior of Australian brush turkeys.
(b) With observations about pine moles.
(c) With the story of a fisherman.
(d) With an explanation of courtship.
4. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(b) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(c) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(d) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
5. What have mound building skills become?
(a) A reproductive skill.
(b) A coveted skill.
(d) A survival technique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
2. What do women fantasize about?
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
4. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
5. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)