|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(b) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(c) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
(d) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
2. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
(a) Abstractly; generalities.
(b) Particulars; the abstract.
(c) Generalities; particulars.
(d) Abstractly; particulars.
3. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) It is able to always kill its prey.
(b) The gazelle gets caught.
(c) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(d) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
4. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
(b) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
(c) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
(d) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak genes.
(b) Genes too similar to their parents.
(c) Weak and strong genes.
(d) A different bag of genes from their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
2. What is lekking?
3. What do women fantasize about?
4. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
5. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)