|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do males want in sexual partners?
(a) A good mother.
(b) An attractive female.
(c) A spontaneous female.
(d) A very young female.
2. Why do genes exist?
(a) They pass viruses down.
(b) They are the descendants of previous genes.
(c) They are used to carry DNA mappings.
(d) They insure that the species survives.
3. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
(a) Heterosexual; homosexual.
(b) Homosexual; Homosexual.
(c) Homosexual; heterosexual.
(d) Heterosexual; heterosexual.
4. To women, attractiveness in a male signifies _____________.
(a) Infidelity in the relationship.
(b) The ability to support her and future children.
(c) Excessive amounts of sperm.
(d) Good genes.
5. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(b) To study asexual reproduction.
(c) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(d) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
2. What, in the author's opinion, supports his assertions concerning a female's desires for reproduction?
3. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
4. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
5. What is negative about having many females?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)