|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do species outwit killer viruses?
(a) With their brains.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual reproduction.
(d) Splitting cells.
2. What is negative about having many females?
(a) They do not get along with each other.
(b) It is very expensive.
(c) Too many children are born.
(d) It is too time consuming.
3. What is lekking?
(a) A courtship dance among mammals.
(b) A time of mating for birds.
(c) A way for birds to mate.
(d) A sexual market where male birds congregate.
4. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a story of Martians.
(b) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(c) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) With a discussion of human nature.
5. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(b) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(c) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(d) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main focus of the novel?
2. What is the lottery theory?
3. How does evolution work?
4. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
5. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)