|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Same-sex Reproduction.
2. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Meeting a soul mate.
(b) Slowness of evolution.
(c) Making many children.
(d) Speed of evolution.
3. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
(b) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(c) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(d) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
4. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(b) His sermons.
(c) Killing Catholics.
(d) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
5. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Combining all genes.
(b) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(c) Killing genes that are not yours.
(d) Outcrossing genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boys tend to be better at reasoning ______, whereas women excel in reasoning in terms of _______.
2. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
3. Males are interested in increasing the _________ of sexual partners whereas women are interested in increasing the ________ of sexual partners.
4. Male human beings expect to have their _______ compete with the ________ of other males.
5. When it is difficult or costly for female birds to choose males, females will choose ___________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)