|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(b) The gazelle gets caught.
(c) It is able to always kill its prey.
(d) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
2. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Same-sex Reproduction.
(c) Sexual Reproduction.
(d) Asexual reproduction.
3. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Meeting a soul mate.
(b) Speed of evolution.
(c) Making many children.
(d) Slowness of evolution.
4. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(c) Yes, always.
(d) No, never.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
2. What is the main focus of the novel?
3. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
4. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
5. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)