|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Russel Wallace.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
2. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(b) It is able to always kill its prey.
(c) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(d) The gazelle gets caught.
3. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
(a) Decreases randomness of the genome.
(b) Causes too much risk in the genes.
(c) Makes stronger genes.
(d) Increases randomness of the genome.
4. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
(a) Evolutionary arms race.
(b) Low pregnancy rate.
(c) Slow genetics of men.
(d) High pregnancy rate.
5. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Outcrossing genes.
(b) Killing genes that are not yours.
(c) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(d) Combining all genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
2. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
3. How does Chapter 2 begin?
4. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
5. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)