|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Meeting a soul mate.
(b) Slowness of evolution.
(c) Speed of evolution.
(d) Making many children.
2. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(b) Killing one another.
3. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(b) Hunter gatherers.
(c) Democratic governments.
4. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(b) Information about the author.
(c) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(d) With diagrams.
5. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) It is able to always kill its prey.
(b) The gazelle gets caught.
(c) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(d) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
2. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
4. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
5. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)