|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) His sermons.
(b) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(c) Killing Catholics.
(d) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
2. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(a) To be upgraded.
3. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(d) Charles Darwin.
4. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
(a) High pregnancy rate.
(b) Evolutionary arms race.
(c) Low pregnancy rate.
(d) Slow genetics of men.
5. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
(b) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(c) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(d) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
2. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
4. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
5. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)