|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) There will be no one competing.
(b) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
(c) It is not less risky.
(d) All the clones will be healthy.
2. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(b) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(c) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(d) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
3. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
(b) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
(c) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(d) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
4. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) To negate human nature.
(b) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(c) Study creationists theories.
(d) To ignore its history.
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(b) Weak and strong genes.
(c) Weak genes.
(d) Genes too similar to their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 begin?
2. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
3. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
4. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)