|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Same-sex Reproduction.
(c) Sexual Reproduction.
(d) Asexual reproduction.
2. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(b) His sermons.
(c) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(d) Killing Catholics.
3. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(b) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(c) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(d) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
4. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(c) To be upgraded.
5. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) A slow process.
(b) Competition between friends.
(c) How organisms become better over generations.
(d) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
2. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
3. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
4. What is the main focus of the novel?
5. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)