|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) A slow process.
(b) Competition between friends.
(c) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
(d) How organisms become better over generations.
2. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak and strong genes.
(b) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(c) Genes too similar to their parents.
(d) Weak genes.
3. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
(a) High pregnancy rate.
(b) Slow genetics of men.
(c) Evolutionary arms race.
(d) Low pregnancy rate.
4. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) Differences in humans.
(b) The origin of attraction between humans.
(c) The origin of emotions.
(d) The origin of human nature.
5. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Russel Wallace.
(d) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
2. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
3. What is sexual selection?
4. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
5. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)