|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(b) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(d) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
2. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) Study creationists theories.
(b) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(c) To ignore its history.
(d) To negate human nature.
3. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
(b) There will be no one competing.
(c) All the clones will be healthy.
(d) It is not less risky.
4. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(c) Same-sex Reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
5. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
(a) Where humans live.
(b) Why humans are the way they are.
(c) A way to study humans without them knowing.
(d) How they got to be the way they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
2. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
3. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
4. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)