|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(d) To be upgraded.
2. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) With diagrams.
(b) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(c) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(d) Information about the author.
3. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) Differences in humans.
(b) The origin of human nature.
(c) The origin of emotions.
(d) The origin of attraction between humans.
4. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(c) Only humans, not other organisms.
(d) No one.
5. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
(a) How they got to be the way they are.
(b) A way to study humans without them knowing.
(c) Where humans live.
(d) Why humans are the way they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
2. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
3. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
4. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
5. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)