|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
(b) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
(c) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(d) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
2. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(d) To be upgraded.
3. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Slowness of evolution.
(b) Speed of evolution.
(c) Making many children.
(d) Meeting a soul mate.
4. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
(b) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
(c) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(d) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(b) Genes too similar to their parents.
(c) Weak and strong genes.
(d) Weak genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
2. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
3. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
4. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
5. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)