|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Making many children.
(b) Slowness of evolution.
(c) Meeting a soul mate.
(d) Speed of evolution.
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
(b) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
(c) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(d) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
3. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) Differences in humans.
(b) The origin of emotions.
(c) The origin of human nature.
(d) The origin of attraction between humans.
4. What is sexual selection?
(a) Random mating between humans.
(b) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(c) Irrational mating between humans.
(d) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
5. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(b) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(d) Sexual reproduction is easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of study does evolution become?
2. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
3. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
4. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
5. How does Chapter 2 begin?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)