|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(b) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(c) To study asexual reproduction.
(d) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
2. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
(a) Where humans live.
(b) Why humans are the way they are.
(c) How they got to be the way they are.
(d) A way to study humans without them knowing.
3. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
(a) Slow genetics of men.
(b) Evolutionary arms race.
(c) Low pregnancy rate.
(d) High pregnancy rate.
4. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak genes.
(b) Genes too similar to their parents.
(c) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(d) Weak and strong genes.
5. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
2. How does Chapter 2 begin?
3. How do organisms compete during evolution?
4. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
5. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)