|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
(c) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
(d) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
2. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(a) Asexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual Reproduction.
(d) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Genes too similar to their parents.
(b) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(c) Weak genes.
(d) Weak and strong genes.
4. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) No one.
(c) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(d) Only humans, not other organisms.
5. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
3. What is the main focus of the novel?
4. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
5. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)