|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
(b) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(c) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(d) To study asexual reproduction.
2. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
(a) Extreme emotions and rational behaviors.
(b) Psychopathic behavior.
(c) No similarities in emotions.
(d) Similar emotions and behaviors.
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(b) With a story of Martians.
(c) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) With a discussion of human nature.
4. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(a) Democratic governments.
(d) Hunter gatherers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
2. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
3. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
4. How does Chapter 2 begin?
5. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)