|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
2. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) Information about the author.
(b) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(c) With diagrams.
(d) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
3. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
(a) Completely different offspring.
(b) Non functional offspring.
(d) Smart offspring.
4. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) The origin of emotions.
(b) Differences in humans.
(c) The origin of human nature.
(d) The origin of attraction between humans.
5. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) Competition between friends.
(b) How organisms become better over generations.
(c) A slow process.
(d) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
2. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
3. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
4. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
5. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)