|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(b) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(c) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(d) Sexual reproduction is easier.
2. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(a) Asexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual Reproduction.
(d) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
3. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) Only humans, not other organisms.
(c) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(d) No one.
4. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(a) Hunter gatherers.
(d) Democratic governments.
5. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
(a) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
3. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
4. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
5. How do organisms compete during evolution?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)