|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(b) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(c) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(d) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
2. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(b) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
(c) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(d) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
3. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Meeting a soul mate.
(b) Speed of evolution.
(c) Making many children.
(d) Slowness of evolution.
4. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(b) No one.
(c) Only humans, not other organisms.
(d) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Genes too similar to their parents.
(b) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(c) Weak and strong genes.
(d) Weak genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
2. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
3. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
4. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
5. How does Chapter 2 begin?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)