|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Doctors and scientists.
(c) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
2. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(b) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(c) With diagrams.
(d) Information about the author.
3. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
(a) How to make genetic mixing more reliable.
(b) Why cloning is more successful than genetic mixing.
(c) How to make genetic mixing affordable.
(d) Why genetic mixing is better than cloning oneself.
4. What is sexual selection?
(a) Irrational mating between humans.
(b) Random mating between humans.
(c) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(d) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
5. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(b) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(c) It is able to always kill its prey.
(d) The gazelle gets caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
2. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
3. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
4. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
5. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)