|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(b) To ignore its history.
(c) Study creationists theories.
(d) To negate human nature.
2. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
(a) Similar emotions and behaviors.
(b) No similarities in emotions.
(c) Extreme emotions and rational behaviors.
(d) Psychopathic behavior.
3. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(b) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(c) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
4. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Killing genes that are not yours.
(b) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(c) Outcrossing genes.
(d) Combining all genes.
5. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Same-sex Reproduction.
(b) Sexual Reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
2. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
3. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
4. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
5. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)