|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) The origin of attraction between humans.
(b) The origin of human nature.
(c) Differences in humans.
(d) The origin of emotions.
2. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Outcrossing genes.
(b) Killing genes that are not yours.
(c) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(d) Combining all genes.
3. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(b) Yes, always.
(c) No, never.
(d) Only when they are genetically engineered.
4. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(b) His sermons.
(c) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(d) Killing Catholics.
5. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(b) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(c) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
(d) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
2. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
3. How do organisms compete during evolution?
4. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
5. What is the main focus of the novel?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)