|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
(b) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(c) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(d) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
2. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Killing Catholics.
(b) His sermons.
(c) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(d) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
3. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(b) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(c) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
(d) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
4. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(c) Same-sex Reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
5. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Slowness of evolution.
(b) Speed of evolution.
(c) Meeting a soul mate.
(d) Making many children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sexual selection?
2. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
3. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
4. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
5. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)