|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
(a) Meeting a soul mate.
(b) Speed of evolution.
(c) Making many children.
(d) Slowness of evolution.
2. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
3. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(c) Democratic governments.
(d) Hunter gatherers.
4. What is sexual selection?
(a) Irrational mating between humans.
(b) Random mating between humans.
(c) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
(d) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
5. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
(a) Slow genetics of men.
(b) High pregnancy rate.
(c) Low pregnancy rate.
(d) Evolutionary arms race.
Short Answer Questions
1. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
2. What do organisms that reproduce end up with for offspring?
3. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
4. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
5. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)