Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are female chimps extremely promiscuous in large social groups?
(a) It is part of choosing the most ideal mate.
(b) Males will not know which child is his, so he will protect all of them.
(c) They want to have many father options.
(d) They enjoy sex.
2. Who cannot compete with males?
(a) Masculine females.
(c) Other males.
3. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) It is able to always kill its prey.
(b) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(c) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
(d) The gazelle gets caught.
4. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
(a) Their descendants.
(b) No one.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their spouses.
5. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(a) Asexual reproduction.
(b) Sexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to create more female babies in Chinese and Indian societies?
2. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
3. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
4. What is the "good genes" theory?
5. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)