|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(a) Death and destruction.
(c) Parasites and diseases.
(d) Killing ones own organisms.
2. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(b) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(c) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(d) Sexual reproduction is easier.
3. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) To ignore its history.
(b) Study creationists theories.
(c) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(d) To negate human nature.
4. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Same-sex Reproduction.
(b) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual Reproduction.
5. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
2. How do organisms compete during evolution?
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
4. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
5. What is the tangled bank theory?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)