|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) To negate human nature.
(b) To ignore its history.
(c) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(d) Study creationists theories.
2. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of human nature.
(b) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(c) With a story of Martians.
(d) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
3. Are individuals involved in evolution aware of the choices they are making?
(a) Ten per cent of the time.
(b) Fifty per cent of the time.
4. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
(a) Women from taking on important rules in society.
(b) Rulers from creating illegitimate heirs.
(c) Rulers from creating too many subbordinates.
(d) Rulers from creating legitimate heirs.
5. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To increase the chance of survival.
(b) To see his many wives.
(c) To eat all of the stored food.
(d) To escape the females.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a male misses the change of his brain in the womb, what happens to him?
2. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
3. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
4. Differences hold ___________, regardless of race, ethnicity, or culture.
5. From this, what seems clear?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)