|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(b) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(c) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
(d) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
2. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(c) With a story of Martians.
(d) With a discussion of human nature.
3. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(a) Democratic governments.
(b) Hunter gatherers.
4. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
(b) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
(c) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(d) The organism decided to self replicate.
5. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
2. Why might cousins be attracted to each other?
3. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
4. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
5. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)