|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church created many rules to prevent __________.
(a) Rulers from creating illegitimate heirs.
(b) Women from taking on important rules in society.
(c) Rulers from creating legitimate heirs.
(d) Rulers from creating too many subbordinates.
2. What age group do men find the most attractive?
(a) Women in their late teens.
(b) Women in their twenties.
(c) Women in their Thirties.
(d) Women in their forties.
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Genes too similar to their parents.
(b) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(c) Weak genes.
(d) Weak and strong genes.
4. What did Zahavi, a scientist, theorize about reproduction mating?
(a) Female attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
(b) Male attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(c) Female attractiveness signals the male's ability to survive.
(d) Male attractiveness hurts a male's ability to survive.
5. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(c) Democratic governments.
(d) Hunter gatherers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main focus of the novel?
2. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
3. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
4. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
5. In Chapter 5, the animals are unsure of _____________.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)