|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) All the clones will be healthy.
(b) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
(c) There will be no one competing.
(d) It is not less risky.
2. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Biological evolution.
(b) Natural selection.
(c) Sexual rather than survival success.
(d) Survival success.
3. How does evolution work?
(a) Very slowly, over thousands of years.
(b) Different adaptations of an individual which give a reproductive edge.
(c) Change is continuous.
(d) Without competition between organisms.
4. How do women prefer to live with men?
(a) In adultery .
(b) In polygamy.
(c) In celibacy.
(d) In monogamy.
5. Of course, both males and females have a (an) ________ to deceive the other sex to promote their own attractiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
2. According to the author, what is a female version of pornography?
3. How does Chapter 5 begin?
4. What is in the true interest of a female in reproduction?
5. Why does the author think that there is now so much monogamy in humans?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)