|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
(a) No, only when selection is plentiful.
(b) Yes, females don't like ugly people.
(c) No, females like important mates.
(d) Yes, females are shallow.
2. The gender ratio is ___________ as an evolutionary pressure in humans.
3. What combination do people find mostly attractive?
(a) Youth, fertility, and facial symmetry.
(d) Facial symmetry.
4. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(a) Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
5. What type of success does evolution care about?
(a) Survival success.
(b) Biological evolution.
(c) Sexual rather than survival success.
(d) Natural selection.
Short Answer Questions
1. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
2. Why do women like taller men?
3. What is a powerful force that is influenced by and influences evolution?
4. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)