|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
(b) Natural selection.
(c) Biological selection.
2. In which cultures are male babies especially prized?
(c) Chinese and Indian.
3. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(b) With a discussion of human nature.
(c) With a story of Martians.
(d) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
4. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
(b) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(c) Information about the author.
(d) With diagrams.
5. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
(b) Competition between friends.
(c) A slow process.
(d) How organisms become better over generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did males evolve?
2. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
3. Homosexual men tend to be like __________ men and lesbians tend to be more like _______ women.
4. What is the tangled bank theory?
5. What are the interests of most males?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)