|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In many tribes, __________ of the population have lost family members to murder.
(a) One third.
(b) One half.
(c) Three fourths.
(d) Two thirds.
2. In most species, what do many females mostly prefer in males?
(b) External factors, like male attractiveness.
(c) The ability to keep her safe.
(d) A male that promises to stay around.
3. What was a natural human situation in many early societies?
(a) Natural selection.
(b) Biological selection.
4. What is one way of good gene replication that the author mentions?
(b) Asexual reproduction.
5. What are the interests of most males?
(a) Being a good father.
(b) Taking care of their mate and offspring.
(c) Impregnating as many women as possible.
(d) Being faithful to one female.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
2. Throughout history, what has been a great reward for a leader?
3. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
4. Specifically, what did these rules mandate?
5. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)