|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(b) Weak and strong genes.
(c) Genes too similar to their parents.
(d) Weak genes.
2. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
(b) It is not less risky.
(c) There will be no one competing.
(d) All the clones will be healthy.
3. What tends to stay private between humans?
4. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) An attempt.
(b) Not able.
(c) An inefficient means.
(d) Not an easy way.
5. In Chapter 4, what story of tragedy does the author tell?
(a) The story of the fisherman.
(b) The story of the salesman.
(c) The story of the gazelle.
(d) The kangeroo story.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 begin?
2. Men excrete far more sperm when they ________________.
3. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
4. What kind of study does evolution become?
5. When is maleness a reproductive advantage?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)