|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(b) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
(c) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
(d) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
2. How does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) With an explanation of courtship.
(b) With observations about pine moles.
(c) With mating behavior of Australian brush turkeys.
(d) With the story of a fisherman.
3. Why does the male pine mole visit many different tunnels?
(a) To escape the females.
(b) To increase the chance of survival.
(c) To see his many wives.
(d) To eat all of the stored food.
4. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Russel Wallace.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. What have mound building skills become?
(a) A coveted skill.
(c) A survival technique.
(d) A reproductive skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do species outwit killer viruses?
2. Thinking that male and female brains are different is often thought to be_______.
3. Men seem to have an insatiable desire for this.
4. Is attractiveness always the only criteria for mate selection?
5. What gender contains all cytoplasmic genes?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)