|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
(b) A genetically engineered organism.
(c) A type of animal that produces asexually.
(d) An organism that lacks certain genes.
2. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(b) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(d) Sexual reproduction is easier.
3. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(b) Killing ones own organisms.
(c) Parasites and diseases.
(d) Death and destruction.
4. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Leigh Van Valen.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Graham Bell.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
(a) The reason for asexual reproduction.
(b) Why people are attracted to one another.
(c) A reason for an individual organism to prefer sexual over asexual reproduction.
(d) A new way for humans to mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
2. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
4. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
5. What is the tangled bank theory?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)