|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do organisms compete during evolution?
(a) They kill their prey to ensure their survivors.
(b) They kill their prey and one another to be the last person standing.
(c) They compete with each other to pass down more genes to the next generation.
(d) They try to kill one another so that they might live.
2. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
(a) Causes too much risk in the genes.
(b) Decreases randomness of the genome.
(c) Makes stronger genes.
(d) Increases randomness of the genome.
3. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) The organism decided to self replicate.
(b) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(c) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
(d) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
4. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
(a) Why sex works the way it does.
(b) Why people enjoy sex.
(c) How sex works.
(d) Whether or not sex is the best way to reproduce.
5. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(b) Hunter gatherers.
(d) Democratic governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 begin?
2. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
3. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
4. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
5. How does evolution work?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)