|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(b) Sexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
2. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
3. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(c) No one.
(d) Only humans, not other organisms.
4. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Yes, always.
(b) No, never.
(c) Only when they are genetically engineered.
5. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
(a) The reason for asexual reproduction.
(b) A reason for an individual organism to prefer sexual over asexual reproduction.
(c) Why people are attracted to one another.
(d) A new way for humans to mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does evolution work?
2. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
3. What is the lottery theory?
4. What kind of study does evolution become?
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)