|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) How organisms become better over generations.
(b) Competition between friends.
(c) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
(d) A slow process.
2. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) The origin of emotions.
(b) The origin of attraction between humans.
(c) Differences in humans.
(d) The origin of human nature.
3. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
(a) An attempt.
(b) An inefficient means.
(c) Not able.
(d) Not an easy way.
4. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Yes, always.
(b) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(d) No, never.
5. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
(a) The author has always enjoyed the character from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) It is symbolic of higher level genetics.
(c) The landscape around the Queen moves as she moves. Evolutionary progress is relative to ones surroundings.
(d) The author thinks that the title is ironic.
Short Answer Questions
1. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
2. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
3. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
5. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)