|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
(a) Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual and asexual reproduction.
2. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) No, never.
(b) Yes, always.
(d) Only when they are genetically engineered.
3. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
(b) How babies are made.
(c) Why there are men and women.
(d) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
4. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) World War II.
(b) No one can catch up.
(c) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(d) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
5. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
(c) Doctors and scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
2. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
3. What is sexual selection?
4. What is the lottery theory?
5. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)