|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
(a) No one.
(b) One member of the same organism versus another member of that same organisim.
(c) Only humans, not other organisms.
2. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(c) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(d) Same-sex Reproduction.
3. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
(a) Low pregnancy rate.
(b) Evolutionary arms race.
(c) Slow genetics of men.
(d) High pregnancy rate.
4. What is the tangled bank theory?
(a) Different organisms in an environment saturated with similar organisms have a greater likelihood of survival.
(b) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(c) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually produce.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
5. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
(a) Their spouses.
(b) No one.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Their descendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
2. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
3. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
4. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
5. How does evolution work?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)