|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) The organism decided to self replicate.
(b) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(c) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
(d) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
2. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
3. How does Chapter 2 begin?
(a) Information about the author.
(b) An explanation of sexual reproduction.
(c) With diagrams.
(d) With a fictional account of a Martian visitor.
4. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(b) To study asexual reproduction.
(c) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(d) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
5. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Killing Catholics.
(b) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(c) His sermons.
(d) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
2. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
3. How do species outwit killer viruses?
4. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
5. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)