|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) Study creationists theories.
(b) To ignore its history.
(c) To negate human nature.
(d) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
(a) Why there are men and women.
(b) Why babies are hard to keep alive.
(c) How babies are made.
(d) More ways that evolution can work against organisims.
3. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(b) To be upgraded.
4. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual reproduction.
5. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
(b) To study asexual reproduction.
(c) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(d) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
2. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
3. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
4. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
5. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)