|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Graham Bell.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Leigh Van Valen.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
2. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(b) Combining all genes.
(c) Outcrossing genes.
(d) Killing genes that are not yours.
3. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
(a) Killing one another.
4. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(b) To study asexual reproduction.
(c) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
(d) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
5. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(b) No, never.
(c) Yes, always.
Short Answer Questions
1. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
2. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
3. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
4. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
5. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)