|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Graham Bell.
(b) Leigh Van Valen.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Charles Darwin.
2. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
(a) Combining and outcrossing genes.
(b) Killing genes that are not yours.
(c) Combining all genes.
(d) Outcrossing genes.
3. What is the Vicar of Bray hypothesis?
(a) Sexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(b) Asexual reproduction provides rapid speed of evolution.
(c) Same-sex reproduction must be understood to understand sexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual reproduction should not exist.
4. What kind of study does evolution become?
(a) How organisms become better over generations.
(b) Competition between friends.
(c) A slow process.
(d) Functions of bodies and organisims as gene vehicles.
5. Pre- Darwinian thinkers such as _____________ believed that evolution was a process of individual adaptations that were later passed down to ancestors.
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(c) Russel Wallace.
(d) Richard Dawkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
2. From a biologist's point of view, sexual reproduction is more _________ than asexual reproduction.
3. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
4. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
5. In humans, what does evolution rely on?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)