|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bdelloid rotifer?
(a) An organism that lacks certain genes.
(b) A type of animal that produces asexually.
(c) A microscopic animal that can live in any kind of water.
(d) A genetically engineered organism.
2. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) Differences in humans.
(b) The origin of emotions.
(c) The origin of attraction between humans.
(d) The origin of human nature.
3. In 1970, __________ argued that the individual is merely a container for genes.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Russel Wallace.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Leigh Van Valen.
5. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although it becomes clear that sex is necessary to avoid parasites, what question remains?
2. What is the main focus of the novel?
3. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
5. How do organisms compete during evolution?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)