|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(b) Weak genes.
(c) Genes too similar to their parents.
(d) Weak and strong genes.
2. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
(a) High pregnancy rate.
(b) Slow genetics of men.
(c) Evolutionary arms race.
(d) Low pregnancy rate.
3. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
(b) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(c) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
(d) The organism decided to self replicate.
4. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Leigh Van Valen.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(a) To be upgraded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does evolution work?
2. What is the main focus of the novel?
3. What is sexual selection?
4. How does the Red Queen begin?
5. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)