|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
(a) Sexual reproduction is easier.
(b) Asexual reproduction is easier.
(c) Asexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
(d) Sexual reproduction allows an individual to spread its gene over a large population.
2. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
(a) Switching between Catholic and Protestant religions.
(b) His sermons.
(c) Being a survivor of Protestant ridicule.
(d) Killing Catholics.
3. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(b) No, never.
(c) Yes, always.
4. Ever since _____________ in the late 19th century, scientists have understood that all life forms are a product of biological evolution.
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(d) Russel Wallace.
5. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
(a) No similarities in emotions.
(b) Extreme emotions and rational behaviors.
(c) Psychopathic behavior.
(d) Similar emotions and behaviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sexual reproduction benefits _____________.
2. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
3. Due to the ________________, traits that increase reproductive successes will spread and those that do not will expire.
4. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
5. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)