|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do species outwit killer viruses?
(a) Splitting cells.
(b) With their brains.
(c) Asexual reproduction.
(d) Sexual reproduction.
2. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(b) With a discussion of human nature.
(c) With a story of Martians.
(d) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
3. What can a psychiatrist expect to find in all people?
(a) Psychopathic behavior.
(b) Similar emotions and behaviors.
(c) Extreme emotions and rational behaviors.
(d) No similarities in emotions.
4. Why is the Vicar of Bray theory flawed?
(a) It has been proven wrong over the centuries.
(b) It was made up by someone who is not a scientist.
(c) It does not take sexual reproduction into account.
(d) It sees evolution as the goal of an organisim.
5. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(b) Democratic governments.
(d) Hunter gatherers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
3. How does evolution work?
4. What is the main focus of the novel?
5. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)