|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) To ignore its history.
(b) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(c) To negate human nature.
(d) Study creationists theories.
2. What type of civilization do the New Guinea tribes have?
(a) Democratic governments.
(c) Hunter gatherers.
3. What happens if a virus attacks a population of clones?
(a) The clone population will effectively kill the virus.
(b) The clones attack one another in order to survive.
(c) The virus will kill only the weakest clones.
(d) The clone population will be wiped out.
4. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
(a) Asexual and Sexual Reproduction.
(b) Asexual reproduction.
(c) Sexual Reproduction.
(d) Same-sex Reproduction.
5. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
(a) The gazelle gets caught.
(b) It is able to always kill its prey.
(c) The gazelle is never caught and it throws off the balance of the environment.
(d) The fast gazelle survives and reproduces, thus spreading its genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the 16th century cleric known for besides his scientific theories?
2. What is sexual selection?
3. What is the primary part in sexual reproduction?
4. Sexual reproduction is ___________ to keep the parasites and diseases off guard by creating new variations through each generation.
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)