|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
(a) To ignore its history.
(b) Study creationists theories.
(c) Study the twists and turns of the evolutionary story.
(d) To negate human nature.
2. Who has solutions concerning genetics?
(a) Doctors and scientists.
(c) Molecular biologists and geneticists.
3. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The Blue Book Theory.
(b) The Red Queen Theory.
(c) The King's Theory.
(d) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
4. Are sexually reproducing organisms able to compete with asexually reproducing organisms?
(a) No, never.
(c) Only when they are genetically engineered.
(d) Yes, always.
5. How do species outwit killer viruses?
(a) Asexual reproduction.
(b) With their brains.
(c) Sexual reproduction.
(d) Splitting cells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
2. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
3. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
4. What is the lottery theory?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what does the author say will be explored in the next chapter?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)