|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lottery theory?
(a) Organisms in densely populated areas survive better.
(b) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(c) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually reproduce.
(d) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
2. To understand human nature, what must we understand?
(a) Differences in humans.
(b) The origin of human nature.
(c) The origin of attraction between humans.
(d) The origin of emotions.
3. What accounts for far more deaths than other predators or environmental occurrences?
(a) Killing ones own organisms.
(b) Parasites and diseases.
(c) Death and destruction.
4. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Leigh Van Valen.
(b) Richard Dawkins.
(c) Graham Bell.
(d) Charles Darwin.
5. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
(b) To be upgraded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do organisms compete during evolution?
2. How does the Red Queen begin?
3. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
4. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
5. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)