|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
(a) All the clones will be healthy.
(b) There will be no one competing.
(c) It is not less risky.
(d) There is no seeking out mates or the risk of being rejected.
2. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of human nature.
(b) With a story of Martians.
(c) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(d) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
3. What is sexual selection?
(a) Irrational mating between humans.
(b) Selection based on the strength of a mate.
(c) Random mating between humans.
(d) Selection based on the appeal of a potential mate.
4. Why does this organism present a mystery to the question of reproduction?
(a) The organism decided to self replicate.
(b) It kills other organisms that participate in it.
(c) The organism gave up sexual reproduction.
(d) It is extinct and cannot be studied.
5. Organisms that reproduce sexually will pass immunity or defenses down to whom?
(a) Their descendants.
(b) Their friends.
(c) No one.
(d) Their spouses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the author's opinion, what is not the primary goal of an organism?
2. What do genes seek through the actions of the bodies that contain them?
3. What does being fast allow for a gazelle to do?
4. According to the author and other research, who should have a better evolutionary outcome?
5. To explain sex, scientists need to find ________________.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)