|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does evolution work?
(a) Without competition between organisms.
(b) Change is continuous.
(c) Different adaptations of an individual which give a reproductive edge.
(d) Very slowly, over thousands of years.
2. What is the chief competitor to the tangled bank theory and lottery theory?
(a) The Red Queen Theory.
(b) The Blue Book Theory.
(c) The tangled bank and lottery theory have no competition.
(d) The King's Theory.
3. What is the continuous arms race that occurs between organisms?
(a) People will try to kill one another so that their genes may carry on.
(b) World War II.
(c) Once an advantage is gained, the loser will adapt to negate the advantage.
(d) No one can catch up.
4. How does the Red Queen begin?
(a) With a discussion of human nature.
(b) With a discussion of asexual organisms.
(c) With a discussion about the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) With a story of Martians.
5. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
(a) Richard Dawkins.
(b) Graham Bell.
(c) Leigh Van Valen.
(d) Charles Darwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction that is very beneficial for all offspring?
2. What do scientists want to discover about genetic mixing?
3. Why is this book called The Red Queen?
4. What have scientists discovered about sexual reproduction versus asexual reproduction?
5. Why is asexual reproduction a less risky option for an organism?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)