|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main focus of the novel?
(a) To understand the advances in same-sex reproduction.
(b) To study asexual reproduction.
(c) To compare sexual and asexual reproduction.
(d) Parts of human nature are products of sexual selection.
2. What does sex do to the genome of humans and other organisms?
(a) Decreases randomness of the genome.
(b) Causes too much risk in the genes.
(c) Makes stronger genes.
(d) Increases randomness of the genome.
3. Who created the tangled bank theory?
(a) Graham Bell.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Richard Dawkins.
(d) Leigh Van Valen.
4. What is the lottery theory?
(a) Sexual reproduction is the riskiest way for humans to reproduce.
(b) It is more advantageous for humans to asexually reproduce.
(c) Sexual reproduction allows for a smaller number of very exceptional offspring.
(d) Organisms in densely populated areas survive better.
5. Through sexual reproduction, what are offspring dealt?
(a) Weak and strong genes.
(b) A different bag of genes from their parents.
(c) Weak genes.
(d) Genes too similar to their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way to understand why evolution is the way it is?
2. Instead of scientists concentrating on why humans are the way they are, they should concentrate on _________.
3. What is the tangled bank theory?
4. Who developed the Red Queen theory?
5. In an attempt to "outwit" these killers, organisms engage in _____________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)