|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can utter Set's secret name?
2. What river does Thoth take the Kanes on?
3. What drains Zia's power at La Cruces?
4. What does Carter ask Thoth for help with?
5. What does Sadie have to prove before Thoth will help her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julius say his children have the greatest chance of relearning the old ways?
2. What do mortal souls have to do before entering the Land of the Dead?
3. Why was Set offended by the idea that he was controlling Desjardins?
4. How does Horus say he was able to defeat Set the first time?
5. Why is Zia so sure that Desjardins is not being controlled by Set?
6. What is Shemzu?
7. What does Thoth need to know for sure before he will help the Kanes?
8. Why does Sadie tell Set that Carter can defeat Set?
9. What does Set do when he shows himself in the pyramid?
10. What does Carter see in Phoenix in his sleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carter and Sadie's relationship change throughout the course of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Carter endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)