|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Duat in turmoil?
2. Where does Thoth send Sadie to prove what he needs to see before he will help her?
3. How long has Zia's magic been missing when it returns in the pyramid?
4. How does someone get Set's secret name?
5. What does Thoth teach the Kanes while on the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Amos trust himself?
2. Why was Set offended by the idea that he was controlling Desjardins?
3. What does Zia say to Carter in her telepathic message?
4. Why does Julius say his children have the greatest chance of relearning the old ways?
5. Who is Sobek?
6. What do mortal souls have to do before entering the Land of the Dead?
7. What does Set do when he shows himself in the pyramid?
8. How do the Kanes get away from Sekhmet?
9. How does Carter seal the entrance of the pyramid?
10. Why can't Zia use Set's secret name against him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Carter endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)