|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes things in the factory explode?
2. Why won't Sadie answer Carter's questions after she gets the feather?
3. Where does Thoth send Sadie to prove what he needs to see before he will help her?
4. Who coaches Carter in his sword skills?
5. What special gift did Ruby have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thoth need to know for sure before he will help the Kanes?
2. Why is Zia so sure that Desjardins is not being controlled by Set?
3. Why was Set offended by the idea that he was controlling Desjardins?
4. What does Carter see on Elvis's tombstone?
5. What does Set do when he shows himself in the pyramid?
6. What does Zia say to Carter in her telepathic message?
7. What warning is given to Sadie when she gets the Feather of Truth?
8. Who is Sobek?
9. What happens when Geb opens his note from Nut?
10. What does Sadie say to her father during her vision in the pyramid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)