|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Feather of Truth kept?
2. What does Sadie have to prove before Thoth will help her?
3. How does Carter leave New Orleans?
4. What does Zia say to use the secret name for?
5. What gave Horus strength to defeat Set?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Amos trust himself?
2. What does Sadie have to do to get the Feather of Truth?
3. How does Horus say he was able to defeat Set the first time?
4. Why does Carter say Zia is in such danger around Desjardins?
5. How does Carter seal the entrance of the pyramid?
6. What does Thoth need to know for sure before he will help the Kanes?
7. Who is Sobek?
8. How does Carter get out of the pyramid?
9. What does Sadie do that impresses Thoth?
10. What do mortal souls have to do before entering the Land of the Dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)