|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sadie deliver Nut's letter?
2. Where does Anubis take the Kanes?
3. What river does Thoth take the Kanes on?
4. What does Carter ask Thoth for help with?
5. Why does Set toss Zia to the floor in the pyramid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Shemzu?
2. How does Carter get out of the pyramid?
3. How do the Kanes get away from Sekhmet?
4. Why wasn't Nephthys able to talk to Sadie at the river?
5. What happens when Geb opens his note from Nut?
6. Why does Carter say Zia is in such danger around Desjardins?
7. What do mortal souls have to do before entering the Land of the Dead?
8. How does Carter seal the entrance of the pyramid?
9. What does Sadie do that impresses Thoth?
10. What does Sadie say to her father during her vision in the pyramid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some Mythological entities included in this plot, and how did their inclusion affect the progression and tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)