|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Sadie healing medicine after the fight with Sobek?
2. What does Carter tell Horus he is fighting for?
3. What does Sadie have to prove before Thoth will help her?
4. Who does Isis say must become the next Pharaoh?
5. Who coaches Carter in his sword skills?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Set do when he shows himself in the pyramid?
2. Why can't Zia use Set's secret name against him?
3. What does Carter see in Phoenix in his sleep?
4. Why wasn't Nephthys able to talk to Sadie at the river?
5. What do mortal souls have to do before entering the Land of the Dead?
6. Who is Sobek?
7. What is Shemzu?
8. What do the magicians in Memphis do to Carter?
9. Why can't Amos trust himself?
10. Why does Carter say Zia is in such danger around Desjardins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at the Red Pyramid, and how are the Kanes affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)