|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who coaches Carter in his sword skills?
2. How does Amos get Carter to the Pyramid?
3. Who does Isis say must become the next Pharaoh?
4. Who is Zia hosting?
5. What are people in the airport screaming about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sadie tell Set that Carter can defeat Set?
2. How does Carter get out of the pyramid?
3. How does Carter feel inside the pyramid, and why?
4. How do the Kanes get away from Sekhmet?
5. Why does Julius say his children have the greatest chance of relearning the old ways?
6. How does Carter seal the entrance of the pyramid?
7. What does Sadie do that impresses Thoth?
8. Why wasn't Nephthys able to talk to Sadie at the river?
9. Why is Zia so sure that Desjardins is not being controlled by Set?
10. Who is Sobek?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)