|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iksander first talk to in the Land of the Dead?
2. Who is in the sarcophagus in the pyramid?
3. What does Zia demand if she tells Sadie Set's secret name?
4. Where is Cleopatra's needle?
5. Why won't Sadie answer Carter's questions after she gets the feather?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Amos trust himself?
2. What do the magicians in Memphis do to Carter?
3. What does Sadie do that impresses Thoth?
4. What does Thoth need to know for sure before he will help the Kanes?
5. How does Carter seal the entrance of the pyramid?
6. Why can't Zia use Set's secret name against him?
7. What warning is given to Sadie when she gets the Feather of Truth?
8. How does Carter feel inside the pyramid, and why?
9. What does Sadie have to do to get the Feather of Truth?
10. What does Zia tell Carter will happen now that she has left Desjardins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)