|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zia demand if she tells Sadie Set's secret name?
2. Who does Iksander first talk to in the Land of the Dead?
3. What is Sekhmet the goddess of?
4. What does Bast run away from in the Land of the Dead?
5. Who can utter Set's secret name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sobek?
2. What warning is given to Sadie when she gets the Feather of Truth?
3. What does Zia tell Carter will happen now that she has left Desjardins?
4. Why does Julius say his children have the greatest chance of relearning the old ways?
5. How does Horus say he was able to defeat Set the first time?
6. What does Sadie say to her father during her vision in the pyramid?
7. Why does Carter say Zia is in such danger around Desjardins?
8. How does Carter get out of the pyramid?
9. What does Zia say to Carter in her telepathic message?
10. What does Set do when he shows himself in the pyramid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some Mythological entities included in this plot, and how did their inclusion affect the progression and tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does Carter and Sadie's relationship change throughout the course of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)