|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who realizes why Zia is in danger?
2. How does Sadie deliver Nut's letter?
3. Who does Isis say must become the next Pharaoh?
4. How does Amos get Carter to the Pyramid?
5. Where does Carter store his tools in the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Amos trust himself?
2. What do the magicians in Memphis do to Carter?
3. What does Sadie have to do to get the Feather of Truth?
4. What does Thoth need to know for sure before he will help the Kanes?
5. What does Zia tell Carter will happen now that she has left Desjardins?
6. How does Horus say he was able to defeat Set the first time?
7. What does Set do when he shows himself in the pyramid?
8. Why does Carter say Zia is in such danger around Desjardins?
9. What does Carter see in Phoenix in his sleep?
10. Why can't Zia use Set's secret name against him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Simmons have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the Red Pyramid, and how are the Kanes affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)