|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thoth refuse to discuss while on the river with the Kanes?
2. Who tends to Zia's wounds during the battle?
3. Why is the Duat in turmoil?
4. Whose Ba travels to Cleopatra's Needle?
5. Where is the red pyramid being built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carter see in Phoenix in his sleep?
2. How does Horus say he was able to defeat Set the first time?
3. Why was Set offended by the idea that he was controlling Desjardins?
4. How do the Kanes get away from Sekhmet?
5. Why is Zia so sure that Desjardins is not being controlled by Set?
6. Why does Carter say Zia is in such danger around Desjardins?
7. How does Carter feel inside the pyramid, and why?
8. What does Carter see on Elvis's tombstone?
9. How does Carter seal the entrance of the pyramid?
10. What do the magicians in Memphis do to Carter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)