|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Set's eyes?
2. What is the sarcophagus in the pyramid made of?
3. Where is Cleopatra's needle?
4. Who is in the sarcophagus in the pyramid?
5. How long has Zia's magic been missing when it returns in the pyramid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Kanes get away from Sekhmet?
2. What happens when Geb opens his note from Nut?
3. Why is Zia so sure that Desjardins is not being controlled by Set?
4. What does Zia tell Carter will happen now that she has left Desjardins?
5. Why does Carter say Zia is in such danger around Desjardins?
6. Why does Julius say his children have the greatest chance of relearning the old ways?
7. What do mortal souls have to do before entering the Land of the Dead?
8. What does Sadie have to do to get the Feather of Truth?
9. What does Carter see in Phoenix in his sleep?
10. Why can't Amos trust himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carter and Sadie's relationship change throughout the course of the book, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)