|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37, Dolwyddelan, Wales, December 1282 - 40, Shrewsbury, England, October 1283.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away is King Edward when Davydd attacks a castle to start the war?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two hundred miles.
(d) Two towns.
2. What battle occurred five years prior to the beginning of the novel?
3. What news does Caitlin bring Hugh when she shows up in disguise?
(a) Her pregnancy.
(b) Llewelyn's death.
(c) The war's end.
(d) Her father's death.
4. What was built in Powys territory, which angered the Powys lords and England?
(a) Shrewsbury Castle.
(b) Chester Castle.
(c) Dolforwyn Castle.
(d) Bristol Castle.
5. How long does Davydd remind Llewelyn that he served on his counsel and was welcomed in his court without a falling out?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Hugh and Hugh de Whitton encounter, wounded, in Chapter 1?
2. When Llewelyn and Edward meet at the tower, when does Edward say he will release Ellen?
3. Which two characters are known as outlaws for murdering a cousin?
4. How does Edward feel about Ellen pouring her glass out at Davydd's feet?
5. What does Edward interpret that God wants him to do?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)