|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to revolution in Part 3, man is nothing if he does not obtain what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. A man's rebellion is refusal to be treated as what, according to Part 3?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. Who does Fascism discover is the "master of death" in Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Camus focuses on the role the Romantic Movement rebels play in the development of rebellion. Write a response exploring Romanticism and its role in rebellion. What is Romanticism? How does it become rebellion? How does Camus view Romanticism? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Camus identifies the purpose of his essay in the Introduction. What is the purpose of Camus' essay? How does he hope to achieve this purpose? By the end of the essay, is he successful or not in achieving his purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Camus discusses the stories and myths of the ancient Greeks, particularly the story of Prometheus. Write a response explaining the relevance of Prometheus' story. How does this story connect to rebellion and revolution? Why does Camus think the story is important? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)