|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
2. A man's rebellion is refusal to be treated as what, according to Part 3?
3. According to Camus in Part 3, men kill each other because they desire what?
4. In Part 3, all modern revolutions end in a reinforcement of the power of what?
5. In Part 3, men of action only believe in action when they are without what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Camus discusses the stories and myths of the ancient Greeks, particularly the story of Prometheus. Write a response explaining the relevance of Prometheus' story. How does this story connect to rebellion and revolution? Why does Camus think the story is important? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Camus spends a great deal of time discussing metaphysical rebellion. Write a response exploring this type of rebellion. What does Camus mean by metaphysical rebellion? What is metaphysical rebellion? How does metaphysical rebellion turn into revolution? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
God and Christianity are referenced numerous times in Camus' essay. For Camus, the history of rebellion and the history of Christianity coincide. Write a response addressing the role of God and Christianity in Camus' essay. Why is God important to rebellion and revolution? How does Christianity connect to rebellion? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)