|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be subdued for Christians and Marxists, according to Part 3?
2. Hitler invented the perpetual motion of what, according to Part 3?
3. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one of the limits of man's existence?
4. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
5. If rebellion is cut off from its origins, what does is oscillate between according to Camus in Part 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the philosophies Camus addresses is absurdism. What is absurdism? How does absurdism influence rebellion and revolution? What is absurdism's role in the essay? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Karl Marx and Marxism play an important role in Camus' exploration of rebellion. Write a response exploring Marxism and Marx's philosophy. What is Marxism? How does Marx develop his philosophy? How is Marxism connected to rebellion? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Part Four of The Rebel addresses art and revolution. Write a response exploring this idea. What is artistic creation? How is art connected to rebellion? What does art accomplish? How does Camus view art's importance? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)