|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
One of the philosophies Camus addresses is absurdism. What is absurdism? How does absurdism influence rebellion and revolution? What is absurdism's role in the essay? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
God and Christianity are referenced numerous times in Camus' essay. For Camus, the history of rebellion and the history of Christianity coincide. Write a response addressing the role of God and Christianity in Camus' essay. Why is God important to rebellion and revolution? How does Christianity connect to rebellion? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Camus discusses the stories and myths of the ancient Greeks, particularly the story of Prometheus. Write a response explaining the relevance of Prometheus' story. How does this story connect to rebellion and revolution? Why does Camus think the story is important? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)