|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 3, a revolution based on what kills God in His representative on Earth?
2. According to Camus in Part 5, the climax of every tragedy lies in the what of its heroes?
3. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
4. In Part 5, nihilism rejects the idea of what?
5. According to Part 3, revolution is condemned to renounce what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of right and wrong is evident throughout Camus' essay. Explore the theme of right and wrong. What does Camus say is "right"? What does he see as "wrong"? What do other philosophies present in the essay think about what is right and wrong? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Camus focuses on the role the Romantic Movement rebels play in the development of rebellion. Write a response exploring Romanticism and its role in rebellion. What is Romanticism? How does it become rebellion? How does Camus view Romanticism? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Camus spends a great deal of time discussing metaphysical rebellion. Write a response exploring this type of rebellion. What does Camus mean by metaphysical rebellion? What is metaphysical rebellion? How does metaphysical rebellion turn into revolution? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)