|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, murder is what or it is nothing?
2. Camus says in Part 5 that the blood of murder in ancient times produced what?
3. What does Camus say people become intimates of at the "climax of contemporary tragedy"?
4. According to Camus in Part 5, what preaches a sermon on charity?
5. What does the Reformation choose, according to Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the philosophies Camus addresses is absurdism. What is absurdism? How does absurdism influence rebellion and revolution? What is absurdism's role in the essay? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Camus discusses the stories and myths of the ancient Greeks, particularly the story of Prometheus. Write a response explaining the relevance of Prometheus' story. How does this story connect to rebellion and revolution? Why does Camus think the story is important? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
For Camus, Hitler plays a dual role in illustrating the successes and failures in rebellion. Write a response explaining Camus' interpretation of Hitler and his regime in further understanding rebellion and revolution. How does Hitler succeed? How does he fail? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)