Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
Camus spends a great deal of time discussing metaphysical rebellion. Write a response exploring this type of rebellion. What does Camus mean by metaphysical rebellion? What is metaphysical rebellion? How does metaphysical rebellion turn into revolution? Use specific references to the text in the response.
The theme of right and wrong is evident throughout Camus' essay. Explore the theme of right and wrong. What does Camus say is "right"? What does he see as "wrong"? What do other philosophies present in the essay think about what is right and wrong? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Camus comes from the existentialist school of philosophy. Write a response exploring how Camus' existentialist beliefs impact his essay. What is existentialism? How does existentialism interpret rebellion? How does Camus interweave his own philosophy with those presented in his essay? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)