|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, all modern revolutions end in a reinforcement of the power of what?
2. According to Part 4, art realizes the reconciliation of the what with the universal?
3. According to Part 3, what does honor lay in?
4. In Part 5, nihilism rejects the idea of what?
5. The desire for what is another form of the desire to endure, according to Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Camus identifies the purpose of his essay in the Introduction. What is the purpose of Camus' essay? How does he hope to achieve this purpose? By the end of the essay, is he successful or not in achieving his purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Camus makes several references throughout the essay to "All or Nothing." Write a response exploring this idea. What does Camus mean by "All or Nothing"? What other philosophers agree and support this idea? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Camus spends a great deal of time discussing metaphysical rebellion. Write a response exploring this type of rebellion. What does Camus mean by metaphysical rebellion? What is metaphysical rebellion? How does metaphysical rebellion turn into revolution? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)