Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
As the essay comes to a close, Camus references the impact of moderation and excess on rebellion and its successes (or lack thereof). Write a response exploring the influence of moderation and excess on rebellion. What does Camus mean by moderation? What does he want moderated? How does moderation help or hurt rebellion? How does excess help or hurt rebellion? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Camus identifies the purpose of his essay in the Introduction. What is the purpose of Camus' essay? How does he hope to achieve this purpose? By the end of the essay, is he successful or not in achieving his purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Camus makes several references throughout the essay to "All or Nothing." Write a response exploring this idea. What does Camus mean by "All or Nothing"? What other philosophers agree and support this idea? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)