|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marx believe people have a nostalgia for, according to Part 4?
2. What era followed the metaphysical and theological eras?
3. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
4. A man's rebellion is refusal to be treated as what, according to Part 3?
5. Camus believes the longing for what "coincides with the acceptance of iniquity"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The theme of right and wrong is evident throughout Camus' essay. Explore the theme of right and wrong. What does Camus say is "right"? What does he see as "wrong"? What do other philosophies present in the essay think about what is right and wrong? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2One of the philosophies Camus addresses is absurdism. What is absurdism? How does absurdism influence rebellion and revolution? What is absurdism's role in the essay? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3There are several references throughout the essay on the importance of the individual and avoiding anti-individuality. Write a response exploring the importance of the individual on rebellion. How does keeping the individual in mind help a rebellion? What happens when actions become anti-individuality? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)