Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
Camus discusses the stories and myths of the ancient Greeks, particularly the story of Prometheus. Write a response explaining the relevance of Prometheus' story. How does this story connect to rebellion and revolution? Why does Camus think the story is important? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Karl Marx and Marxism play an important role in Camus' exploration of rebellion. Write a response exploring Marxism and Marx's philosophy. What is Marxism? How does Marx develop his philosophy? How is Marxism connected to rebellion? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
There are several references throughout the essay on the importance of the individual and avoiding anti-individuality. Write a response exploring the importance of the individual on rebellion. How does keeping the individual in mind help a rebellion? What happens when actions become anti-individuality? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)