Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
Camus makes several references throughout the essay to "All or Nothing." Write a response exploring this idea. What does Camus mean by "All or Nothing"? What other philosophers agree and support this idea? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Part Four of The Rebel addresses art and revolution. Write a response exploring this idea. What is artistic creation? How is art connected to rebellion? What does art accomplish? How does Camus view art's importance? Use specific references to the text in the response.
The theme of right and wrong is evident throughout Camus' essay. Explore the theme of right and wrong. What does Camus say is "right"? What does he see as "wrong"? What do other philosophies present in the essay think about what is right and wrong? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)