Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
Camus comes from the existentialist school of philosophy. Write a response exploring how Camus' existentialist beliefs impact his essay. What is existentialism? How does existentialism interpret rebellion? How does Camus interweave his own philosophy with those presented in his essay? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Karl Marx and Marxism play an important role in Camus' exploration of rebellion. Write a response exploring Marxism and Marx's philosophy. What is Marxism? How does Marx develop his philosophy? How is Marxism connected to rebellion? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Camus makes several references throughout the essay to "All or Nothing." Write a response exploring this idea. What does Camus mean by "All or Nothing"? What other philosophers agree and support this idea? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)