Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
For Camus, Hitler plays a dual role in illustrating the successes and failures in rebellion. Write a response explaining Camus' interpretation of Hitler and his regime in further understanding rebellion and revolution. How does Hitler succeed? How does he fail? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Rebellion and revolution are the two common ideas in Camus' The Rebel. Compare and contrast rebellion and revolution. How are rebellion and revolution different? How are they the same? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
God and Christianity are referenced numerous times in Camus' essay. For Camus, the history of rebellion and the history of Christianity coincide. Write a response addressing the role of God and Christianity in Camus' essay. Why is God important to rebellion and revolution? How does Christianity connect to rebellion? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)