|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be subdued for Christians and Marxists, according to Part 3?
2. According to Camus in Part 3, men kill each other because they desire what?
3. Fascism is an act of what in Part 3?
4. In Part 5, what does Camus say precedes death on the stage and in reality?
5. What does Marx believe people have a nostalgia for, according to Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Camus identifies the purpose of his essay in the Introduction. What is the purpose of Camus' essay? How does he hope to achieve this purpose? By the end of the essay, is he successful or not in achieving his purpose?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of right and wrong is evident throughout Camus' essay. Explore the theme of right and wrong. What does Camus say is "right"? What does he see as "wrong"? What do other philosophies present in the essay think about what is right and wrong? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
One of the philosophies Camus addresses is absurdism. What is absurdism? How does absurdism influence rebellion and revolution? What is absurdism's role in the essay? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)