Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
One of the philosophies Camus addresses is absurdism. What is absurdism? How does absurdism influence rebellion and revolution? What is absurdism's role in the essay? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the essay, Camus makes references again to whether or not murder is justified, which he first mentions at the beginning of the essay. Write a response exploring the answer to Camus' question: is murder justifiable? How does Camus answer his own question at the end of the essay? In what ways is murder justified? In what ways is it not? How does Camus react? Use specific references to the text in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Camus spends a great deal of time discussing metaphysical rebellion. Write a response exploring this type of rebellion. What does Camus mean by metaphysical rebellion? What is metaphysical rebellion? How does metaphysical rebellion turn into revolution? Use specific references to the text in the response.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)