|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power to kill and degrade saves the soul from what in Part 3?
(a) Utter elation.
(b) Utter emptiness.
(c) Utter happiness.
(d) Utter saddness,
2. According to Part 3, prophecy functions on what type of basis?
3. In Part 5, Camus states that the extreme of nihilism is when blind and savage murder becomes what?
(a) An oasis.
4. What does Camus say people must stake everything on in Part 3?
(a) The renaissance.
(b) The history.
(c) The book.
(d) The religion.
5. In Part 3, all modern revolutions end in a reinforcement of the power of what?
(a) The Nation.
(c) The State.
(d) The People.
Short Answer Questions
1. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
2. According to Part 3, Russian Communism openly aspires to what?
3. Camus believes the longing for what "coincides with the acceptance of iniquity"?
4. According to Camus in Part 5, rebellion has become the excuse for a new variety of what?
5. In Part 5, nihilism rejects the idea of what?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)