|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 4, what does the American novel reject?
2. In the hour of Hitler's defeat, he believed himself betrayed by who?
(a) His God.
(b) His Family.
(c) His Rivals.
(d) His People.
3. In Part 5, murder is what or it is nothing?
(a) A desperate exception.
(b) A weak excuse.
4. According to Part 3, Russian Communism openly aspires to what?
(a) World empire.
(d) National rule.
5. According to revolution in Part 3, man is nothing if he does not obtain what?
(c) Unanimous approval.
Short Answer Questions
1. If rebellion is cut off from its origins, what does is oscillate between according to Camus in Part 5?
2. What does Camus say people must stake everything on in Part 3?
3. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
4. The desire for what is another form of the desire to endure, according to Part 4?
5. According to Part 3, a revolution based on what kills God in His representative on Earth?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)