|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If rebellion is cut off from its origins, what does is oscillate between according to Camus in Part 5?
(a) Crime and punishment.
(b) Sacrifice and murder.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Suicide and murder.
2. What does Camus say people must stake everything on in Part 3?
(a) The renaissance.
(b) The history.
(c) The book.
(d) The religion.
3. According to Part 3, a revolution based on what kills God in His representative on Earth?
4. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one choosing when one chooses history?
5. According to revolutionary interpreters of Hegel, what will no longer exist in reconciled society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "more useful than Shakespeare" to Pisarev, according to Part 4?
2. According to Camus, suffering at times turns away from too painful expressions of what?
3. According to Camus in Part 4, what does the American novel reject?
4. According to Camus in Part 3, men kill each other because they desire what?
5. In Part 5, murder is what or it is nothing?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)