|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 4, what is the most ambitious of the arts?
2. According to Part 3, prophecy functions on what type of basis?
3. What is "more useful than Shakespeare" to Pisarev, according to Part 4?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A hat.
4. According to Part 3, what does honor lay in?
5. In Part 3, Camus says rebellion and revolution end in the same dilemma of what two things?
(a) Police rule or insanity.
(b) Mortality or immortality.
(c) Morality or immortality.
(d) Government rule or insanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
2. Who considers beauty more important than the world, according to Part 4?
3. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
4. According to Camus in Part 4, the world of Proust is nothing but what?
5. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)