|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camus say people become intimates of at the "climax of contemporary tragedy"?
2. What era followed the metaphysical and theological eras?
3. What is "more useful than Shakespeare" to Pisarev, according to Part 4?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A hat.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A shirt.
4. In Part 3, all modern revolutions end in a reinforcement of the power of what?
(a) The People.
(c) The Nation.
(d) The State.
5. Hitler invented the perpetual motion of what, according to Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Camus says in Part 5 that the blood of murder in ancient times produced what?
2. What does Camus say people must stake everything on in Part 3?
3. What does Marx believe people have a nostalgia for, according to Part 4?
4. According to Part 3, a revolution based on what kills God in His representative on Earth?
5. The power to kill and degrade saves the soul from what in Part 3?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)