|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
2. In Part 3, Camus says rebellion and revolution end in the same dilemma of what two things?
(a) Police rule or insanity.
(b) Mortality or immortality.
(c) Government rule or insanity.
(d) Morality or immortality.
3. What must be subdued for Christians and Marxists, according to Part 3?
4. According to Part 3, prophecy functions on what type of basis?
5. If rebellion is cut off from its origins, what does is oscillate between according to Camus in Part 5?
(a) Suicide and murder.
(b) Sacrifice and murder.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Crime and punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 4, what is artistic creation a rejection of?
2. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
3. According to Camus in Part 4, what does the American novel reject?
4. In Part 3, what alone kept Hitler alive?
5. According to Part 3, Russian Communism openly aspires to what?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)