|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rebel achieves honor on what terms, according to Part 5?
2. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
(a) The Stranger.
(b) Communist Manifesto.
(c) Time Regained.
(d) Remembrance of Things Past.
3. Artistic creation is a demand for what in Part 4?
4. Absolute justice is reached by the suppression of what in Part 5?
(b) All contradiction.
(c) Free thought.
(d) Absolute freedom.
5. In Part 3, Camus says revolution is an attempt to conquer what?
(c) A new religion.
(d) A new existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Camus believes the longing for what "coincides with the acceptance of iniquity"?
2. According to revolutionary interpreters of Hegel, what will no longer exist in reconciled society?
3. According to Camus in Part 3, what did Germany submit to when deprived of Goethe's morality?
4. According to Part 3, what is rebellion's demand?
5. According to Camus in Part 3, Hitler's god was what?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)