|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only salvation lies in what, according to Part 3?
2. What belief system accepts suicide as legitimate?
(a) Absolute nihilism.
3. The ancients, according to Part 2, believed rebelling against nature was the same as rebelling against what?
4. What does Part 3 focus on?
(c) Metaphysical rebellion.
(d) Historical rebellion.
5. According to Nietzsche in Part 2, freedom of the mind is not a comfort but a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, what divides the sovereign?
2. What does Camus believe is as "universal as science"?
3. In Part 2, Camus states that the great problem of modern times is the discovery that rescuing man from destiny delivers him to what?
4. Nietzsche cannot separate what from lucidity?
5. According to Camus in Part 1, every rebellion invokes what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, what does Camus say the Fascists were the first to construct?
2. According to Camus in Part Three, how did the nihilists give their successors a model?
3. In Part 5, how does Camus say absolute justice is achieved?
4. How does the revolution Camus references have the same meaning as revolution as referenced in astronomy?
5. According to Camus in Part 4, what is artistic creation?
6. What does Camus say is the real condemnation of the period in which we live in Part 5?
7. According to Camus in Part 5, what happens at the climax of contemporary tragedy?
8. According to Camus in Part 5, what is the only way a rebel has of reconciling himself with his act of murder?
9. Why did rebelling against nature equal rebelling against oneself for the ancients?
10. How does Camus describe monarchy in a theocratic form in Part 3?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)