|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus' introduction, to what is to judge?
2. According to Part 3, monarchy wants to put what before justice?
3. According to Camus, we are living in an era of what and perfect crime?
4. As stated in Camus' introduction, "In an age of ideologies, we must examine our position in relation to" what?
5. The only salvation lies in what, according to Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 2, what is a "degenerate form of Christianity"?
2. According to Camus in Part 3, what happened to those who talked about the immortality of the soul?
3. According to Part 3, what are a majority of revolutions shaped by?
4. Nietzsche cannot separate what from lucidity?
5. According to Camus in Part 2, when man submits God to what does he kill Him in his "own heart"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Camus say in the Introduction is the "mark of nihilism"?
2. How does the revolution Camus references have the same meaning as revolution as referenced in astronomy?
3. According to Camus in Part 5, what is the only way a rebel has of reconciling himself with his act of murder?
4. What does Camus say is the real condemnation of the period in which we live in Part 5?
5. What does Stirner believe is the only form of freedom and only truth?
6. Why does Camus believe Sade became the first theoretician of absolute rebellion?
7. According to Camus in Part 3, what coincides with the acceptance of iniquity?
8. According to Camus in Part 4, what is the only revolutionary form of art?
9. What does Camus identify in Part 3 as the conclusions of individualism in revolt?
10. Why does Camus think Nietzsche attacked Christianity?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)