|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, men of action only believe in action when they are without what?
2. What era followed the metaphysical and theological eras?
3. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
4. What writer does Camus say the French Revolution "gave birth" to?
5. According to Camus in Part 5, the climax of every tragedy lies in the what of its heroes?
6. In the hour of Hitler's defeat, he believed himself betrayed by who?
(a) His People.
(b) His Rivals.
(c) His Family.
(d) His God.
7. According to Camus, suffering at times turns away from too painful expressions of what?
8. According to Camus in Part 5, what preaches a sermon on charity?
9. According to Part 3, a revolution based on what kills God in His representative on Earth?
10. According to Camus in Part 3, Hilter was what in its "purest form"?
11. In Part 3, Camus says revolution is an attempt to conquer what?
(a) A new existence.
(d) A new religion.
12. According to revolution in Part 3, man is nothing if he does not obtain what?
(c) Unanimous approval.
13. What is "more useful than Shakespeare" to Pisarev, according to Part 4?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A hat.
(d) A shirt.
14. According to Camus in Part 4, the world of Proust is nothing but what?
15. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, what alone kept Hitler alive?
2. A man's rebellion is refusal to be treated as what, according to Part 3?
3. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
4. In Part 5, what does Camus say precedes death on the stage and in reality?
5. According to Part 3, what does honor lay in?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)