|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 5, the climax of every tragedy lies in the what of its heroes?
2. According to Camus, suffering at times turns away from too painful expressions of what?
3. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
(a) Communist Manifesto.
(b) Time Regained.
(c) The Stranger.
(d) Remembrance of Things Past.
4. In Part 5, Camus states that the extreme of nihilism is when blind and savage murder becomes what?
(c) An oasis.
5. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
(a) Oppressor or heretic.
(b) Politician or writer.
(c) Murderer or saint.
(d) Leader or follower.
6. According to Camus in Part 3, Hilter was what in its "purest form"?
7. According to Part 4, art realizes the reconciliation of the what with the universal?
8. What must be subdued for Christians and Marxists, according to Part 3?
9. Hitler invented the perpetual motion of what, according to Part 3?
10. According to Part 3, a revolution based on what kills God in His representative on Earth?
11. What does Camus think the methods of thought that claim to lead the world into revolution have become in Part 3?
(a) Ideologies of consent.
(b) Ideologies of hatred.
(c) Ideologies of politics.
(d) Ideologies of rebellion.
12. In Part 3, Camus says rebellion and revolution end in the same dilemma of what two things?
(a) Morality or immortality.
(b) Government rule or insanity.
(c) Mortality or immortality.
(d) Police rule or insanity.
13. What does Camus say people become intimates of at the "climax of contemporary tragedy"?
14. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
15. In Part 5, what does Camus say precedes death on the stage and in reality?
(d) A monologue.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 5, what preaches a sermon on charity?
2. In Part 3, what alone kept Hitler alive?
3. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
4. What does Marx believe people have a nostalgia for, according to Part 4?
5. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one of the limits of man's existence?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)