|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, murder is what or it is nothing?
(b) A weak excuse.
(d) A desperate exception.
2. According to Part 3, a revolution based on what kills God in His representative on Earth?
3. What does Camus say people become intimates of at the "climax of contemporary tragedy"?
4. What does the Reformation choose, according to Part 4?
5. According to Camus in Part 5, the climax of every tragedy lies in the what of its heroes?
6. In Part 5, what does Camus say precedes death on the stage and in reality?
(d) A monologue.
7. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one of the limits of man's existence?
8. What is "more useful than Shakespeare" to Pisarev, according to Part 4?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A hat.
9. According to Camus in Part 4, what does the American novel reject?
10. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
11. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
(a) The Stranger.
(b) Communist Manifesto.
(c) Remembrance of Things Past.
(d) Time Regained.
12. In Part 3, Camus says rebellion and revolution end in the same dilemma of what two things?
(a) Morality or immortality.
(b) Mortality or immortality.
(c) Police rule or insanity.
(d) Government rule or insanity.
13. Camus believes the longing for what "coincides with the acceptance of iniquity"?
(a) Rest and peace.
(b) Murder and suicide.
(c) Love and money.
(d) Power and politics.
14. According to Camus in Part 5, rebellion has become the excuse for a new variety of what?
15. What does Camus think, in Part 3, the Fascist revolutions of the twentieth century lack?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 3, Hitler's god was what?
2. Who does Fascism discover is the "master of death" in Part 3?
3. What does Camus think the methods of thought that claim to lead the world into revolution have become in Part 3?
4. According to Camus, suffering at times turns away from too painful expressions of what?
5. In Part 3, people who despair about everything can only be provided with faith by what?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)