|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fascism is an act of what in Part 3?
2. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
3. In Part 5, nihilism rejects the idea of what?
(a) Any limit.
4. According to Camus in Part 5, rebellion has become the excuse for a new variety of what?
5. According to Camus in Part 3, Hilter was what in its "purest form"?
6. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
(a) Communist Manifesto.
(b) Time Regained.
(c) Remembrance of Things Past.
(d) The Stranger.
7. According to Part 4, Nietzsche said no artist tolerates what?
8. What writer does Camus say the French Revolution "gave birth" to?
9. According to Part 3, revolution is condemned to renounce what?
10. What does Camus say people become intimates of at the "climax of contemporary tragedy"?
11. According to Camus, suffering at times turns away from too painful expressions of what?
12. In Part 3, men of action only believe in action when they are without what?
13. What does Marx believe people have a nostalgia for, according to Part 4?
14. Camus believes the longing for what "coincides with the acceptance of iniquity"?
(a) Love and money.
(b) Power and politics.
(c) Murder and suicide.
(d) Rest and peace.
15. According to Camus in Part 3, men kill each other because they desire what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 5, what is the only way a rebel can reconcile himself with committing murder?
2. In Part 3, Camus says revolution is an attempt to conquer what?
3. According to Camus in Part 4, what does the American novel reject?
4. What era followed the metaphysical and theological eras?
5. Who considers beauty more important than the world, according to Part 4?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)