|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era followed the metaphysical and theological eras?
2. According to Part 4, what is the most ambitious of the arts?
3. In Part 3, what alone kept Hitler alive?
4. According to Camus in Part 3, what did Germany submit to when deprived of Goethe's morality?
(a) Money from the gang.
(b) Ethics of the gang.
(c) Religion of the gang.
(d) Politics of the rebels.
5. What does the Reformation choose, according to Part 4?
6. According to revolution in Part 3, man is nothing if he does not obtain what?
(c) Unanimous approval.
7. According to Part 4, Nietzsche said no artist tolerates what?
8. Artistic creation is a demand for what in Part 4?
9. In Part 5, what does Camus say precedes death on the stage and in reality?
(c) A monologue.
10. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
(a) Time Regained.
(b) Remembrance of Things Past.
(c) The Stranger.
(d) Communist Manifesto.
11. According to Part 3, what is rebellion's demand?
12. According to Part 4, art realizes the reconciliation of the what with the universal?
13. According to Part 3, revolution is condemned to renounce what?
14. According to Camus, suffering at times turns away from too painful expressions of what?
15. What writer does Camus say the French Revolution "gave birth" to?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 4, the world of Proust is nothing but what?
2. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
3. Camus states in Part 5 that there is nothing in common between what two people?
4. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
5. According to Part 4, what is one of the sources of the art of fiction?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)