|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, freedom preserves the power to what even if justice is not realized?
2. What is "more useful than Shakespeare" to Pisarev, according to Part 4?
(a) A hat.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A pair of shoes.
3. In Part 3, Camus says revolution is an attempt to conquer what?
(a) A new religion.
(b) A new existence.
4. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
5. Who is the goddess of moderation?
6. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
7. According to revolutionary interpreters of Hegel, what will no longer exist in reconciled society?
8. According to Camus in Part 3, men kill each other because they desire what?
9. Who considers beauty more important than the world, according to Part 4?
10. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
(a) Communist Manifesto.
(b) The Stranger.
(c) Time Regained.
(d) Remembrance of Things Past.
11. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
12. Camus describes rebellion as an irregular what in Part 5?
13. In Part 3, men of action only believe in action when they are without what?
14. According to Camus in Part 3, Hitler's god was what?
(a) A religious figure.
(b) A nihilist.
(c) A non-believer.
(d) A political argument.
15. According to Camus in Part 4, the world of Proust is nothing but what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 5, men are only willing to die for the sake of what?
2. According to Part 5, rebellion in principle is a protest against what?
3. What does the Reformation choose, according to Part 4?
4. According to Camus in Part 5, what type of philosophy would rebellion found?
5. In Part 5, rational crime signifies the death of what?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)