|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 5, rational murder finds itself justified by what?
2. What does Camus say people must stake everything on in Part 3?
(a) The renaissance.
(b) The religion.
(c) The book.
(d) The history.
3. According to Camus in Part 3, what did Germany submit to when deprived of Goethe's morality?
(a) Ethics of the gang.
(b) Money from the gang.
(c) Politics of the rebels.
(d) Religion of the gang.
4. In Part 5, murder is what or it is nothing?
(c) A desperate exception.
(d) A weak excuse.
5. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
(a) Murderer or saint.
(b) Leader or follower.
(c) Politician or writer.
(d) Oppressor or heretic.
6. Who does Fascism discover is the "master of death" in Part 3?
7. What is "more useful than Shakespeare" to Pisarev, according to Part 4?
(a) A hat.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A pair of pants.
8. In Part 5, freedom preserves the power to what even if justice is not realized?
9. In Part 3, men of action only believe in action when they are without what?
10. Camus believes the longing for what "coincides with the acceptance of iniquity"?
(a) Murder and suicide.
(b) Rest and peace.
(c) Love and money.
(d) Power and politics.
11. Who was the discoverer of the constant change of things?
12. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
13. What does rebellion becomes when it develops into destruction, according to Part 5?
14. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
15. A man's rebellion is refusal to be treated as what, according to Part 3?
(a) A heretic.
(b) A leader.
(c) A politician.
(d) An object.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
2. According to Part 4, Nietzsche said no artist tolerates what?
3. According to Part 5, history is controlled by the law of what if it lacks a value to change it?
4. According to Part 5, what cannot separate itself from reality without becoming a principle of evil?
5. According to Part 5, the universe of rebellion is the universe of what?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)