|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camus says in Part 5 that the blood of murder in ancient times produced what?
(a) Religious horror.
(b) Artistic rebellion.
(c) Moral conduct.
(d) Absolute reality.
2. According to Camus in Part 3, what did Germany submit to when deprived of Goethe's morality?
(a) Money from the gang.
(b) Religion of the gang.
(c) Politics of the rebels.
(d) Ethics of the gang.
3. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
4. What does Camus say people must stake everything on in Part 3?
(a) The book.
(b) The renaissance.
(c) The religion.
(d) The history.
5. In Part 3, Camus says revolution is an attempt to conquer what?
(a) A new religion.
(c) A new existence.
6. In the hour of Hitler's defeat, he believed himself betrayed by who?
(a) His Family.
(b) His People.
(c) His God.
(d) His Rivals.
7. According to Camus in Part 3, Hitler's god was what?
(a) A non-believer.
(b) A political argument.
(c) A nihilist.
(d) A religious figure.
8. In Part 5, murder is what or it is nothing?
(a) A weak excuse.
(b) A desperate exception.
9. According to Part 3, revolution is condemned to renounce what?
10. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
11. In Part 3, all modern revolutions end in a reinforcement of the power of what?
(b) The State.
(c) The People.
(d) The Nation.
12. The desire for what is another form of the desire to endure, according to Part 4?
13. In Part 3, what alone kept Hitler alive?
14. Hitler invented the perpetual motion of what, according to Part 3?
15. According to Part 3, a revolution based on what kills God in His representative on Earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 3, what is rebellion's demand?
2. What does Camus say people become intimates of at the "climax of contemporary tragedy"?
3. According to Camus in Part 5, the climax of every tragedy lies in the what of its heroes?
4. According to Part 4, what is artistic creation a rejection of?
5. The power to kill and degrade saves the soul from what in Part 3?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)