|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 5, history is controlled by the law of what if it lacks a value to change it?
2. According to Part 5, men are only willing to die for the sake of what?
3. In Part 5, the rebel's dilemma is between what two things?
(a) Silence and murder.
(b) Religion and government.
(c) Murder and suicide.
(d) Silence and talking.
4. If rebellion is cut off from its origins, what does is oscillate between according to Camus in Part 5?
(a) Crime and punishment.
(b) Sacrifice and murder.
(c) Suicide and murder.
(d) Right and wrong.
5. Camus describes rebellion as an irregular what in Part 5?
6. According to Part 5, rebellion in principle is a protest against what?
7. According to Part 5, what cannot separate itself from reality without becoming a principle of evil?
8. What must be subdued for Christians and Marxists, according to Part 3?
9. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
10. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one of the limits of man's existence?
11. In Part 3, Camus says revolution is an attempt to conquer what?
(c) A new existence.
(d) A new religion.
12. What does rebellion becomes when it develops into destruction, according to Part 5?
13. According to Part 5, what is the "right of the strongest to dominate"?
(a) French Revolution.
(b) Absolute freedom.
(c) Metaphysical rebellion.
(d) Historical rebellion.
14. According to Camus in Part 3, men kill each other because they desire what?
15. According to Camus in Part 5, rebellion has become the excuse for a new variety of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus, suffering at times turns away from too painful expressions of what?
2. According to Part 5, what is the freedom to kill?
3. According to Camus in Part 5, what is the only way a rebel can reconcile himself with committing murder?
4. Who is the goddess of moderation?
5. In Part 5, rational crime signifies the death of what?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)