|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus, suffering at times turns away from too painful expressions of what?
2. According to Part 5, ignoring history is the same as denying what?
3. According to Part 3, Russian Communism openly aspires to what?
(a) World empire.
(d) National rule.
4. According to Part 5, rebellion in principle is a protest against what?
5. What does rebellion becomes when it develops into destruction, according to Part 5?
6. In Part 5, nihilism rejects the idea of what?
(c) Any limit.
7. What does the Reformation choose, according to Part 4?
8. According to Camus in Part 3, men kill each other because they desire what?
9. According to Part 4, what is one of the sources of the art of fiction?
10. The rebel achieves honor on what terms, according to Part 5?
11. Camus believes the longing for what "coincides with the acceptance of iniquity"?
(a) Love and money.
(b) Power and politics.
(c) Murder and suicide.
(d) Rest and peace.
12. According to Camus in Part 3, Hilter was what in its "purest form"?
13. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
14. According to Part 4, what is the most ambitious of the arts?
15. In Part 5, freedom preserves the power to what even if justice is not realized?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one choosing when one chooses history?
2. Camus says in Part 5 that the blood of murder in ancient times produced what?
3. According to Part 5, what cannot separate itself from reality without becoming a principle of evil?
4. Who is the goddess of moderation?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)