|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If rebellion is cut off from its origins, what does is oscillate between according to Camus in Part 5?
(a) Sacrifice and murder.
(b) Suicide and murder.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Crime and punishment.
2. In Part 5, the rebel's dilemma is between what two things?
(a) Silence and murder.
(b) Silence and talking.
(c) Murder and suicide.
(d) Religion and government.
3. In Part 5, Camus states that the extreme of nihilism is when blind and savage murder becomes what?
(c) An oasis.
4. According to Part 3, prophecy functions on what type of basis?
5. The rebel achieves honor on what terms, according to Part 5?
6. According to Part 3, what does honor lay in?
7. In Part 3, Camus says rebellion and revolution end in the same dilemma of what two things?
(a) Police rule or insanity.
(b) Government rule or insanity.
(c) Morality or immortality.
(d) Mortality or immortality.
8. According to Part 5, men are only willing to die for the sake of what?
9. According to Part 5, ignoring history is the same as denying what?
10. What does Camus think, in Part 3, the Fascist revolutions of the twentieth century lack?
11. According to Camus in Part 5, rebellion has become the excuse for a new variety of what?
12. In Part 3, what alone kept Hitler alive?
13. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
14. Artistic creation is a demand for what in Part 4?
15. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
2. According to Part 5, what is the "right of the strongest to dominate"?
3. The power to kill and degrade saves the soul from what in Part 3?
4. Who considers beauty more important than the world, according to Part 4?
5. According to Part 5, rebellion with no limits except historical expediency signifies what?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)