|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
3. Forces of matter impose their own what in Part 5?
4. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
6. What does Camus think the methods of thought that claim to lead the world into revolution have become in Part 3?
(a) Ideologies of hatred.
(b) Ideologies of rebellion.
(c) Ideologies of politics.
(d) Ideologies of consent.
7. The rebel achieves honor on what terms, according to Part 5?
8. According to Part 3, prophecy functions on what type of basis?
9. According to Part 3, revolution is condemned to renounce what?
10. What does Marx believe people have a nostalgia for, according to Part 4?
11. According to Part 5, men are only willing to die for the sake of what?
12. According to Part 3, a revolution based on what kills God in His representative on Earth?
13. The desire for what is another form of the desire to endure, according to Part 4?
14. What era followed the metaphysical and theological eras?
15. In Part 5, Camus states that the extreme of nihilism is when blind and savage murder becomes what?
(d) An oasis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, what alone kept Hitler alive?
2. In Part 5, the rebel's dilemma is between what two things?
3. According to Part 5, rebellion in principle is a protest against what?
4. According to Part 4, what is the most ambitious of the arts?
5. What has the rebel never succeeded in creating, according to Part 5?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)