|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. According to Camus in Part 5, rebellion has become the excuse for a new variety of what?
3. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
4. What does Camus think, in Part 3, the Fascist revolutions of the twentieth century lack?
5. In Part 3, people who despair about everything can only be provided with faith by what?
6. According to Part 3, what does honor lay in?
7. If rebellion is cut off from its origins, what does is oscillate between according to Camus in Part 5?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) Suicide and murder.
(c) Crime and punishment.
(d) Sacrifice and murder.
8. According to Camus, suffering at times turns away from too painful expressions of what?
9. According to Camus in Part 5, what preaches a sermon on charity?
10. According to Camus in Part 3, Hilter was what in its "purest form"?
11. According to Part 3, prophecy functions on what type of basis?
12. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one choosing when one chooses history?
13. In Part 5, nihilism rejects the idea of what?
(c) Any limit.
14. Hitler invented the perpetual motion of what, according to Part 3?
15. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be subdued for Christians and Marxists, according to Part 3?
2. According to Part 3, Russian Communism openly aspires to what?
3. According to revolutionary interpreters of Hegel, what will no longer exist in reconciled society?
4. According to Part 4, what is artistic creation a rejection of?
5. In Part 3, men of action only believe in action when they are without what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)