|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
2. Camus believes the longing for what "coincides with the acceptance of iniquity"?
(a) Murder and suicide.
(b) Power and politics.
(c) Love and money.
(d) Rest and peace.
3. According to Part 4, art realizes the reconciliation of the what with the universal?
4. What is historical revolution's demand, according to Part 3?
5. Artistic creation is a demand for what in Part 4?
6. In Part 5, nihilism rejects the idea of what?
(d) Any limit.
7. In Part 3, men of action only believe in action when they are without what?
8. What does Camus say people must stake everything on in Part 3?
(a) The religion.
(b) The history.
(c) The renaissance.
(d) The book.
9. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
(a) Politician or writer.
(b) Leader or follower.
(c) Murderer or saint.
(d) Oppressor or heretic.
10. Camus says in Part 5 that the blood of murder in ancient times produced what?
(a) Religious horror.
(b) Moral conduct.
(c) Artistic rebellion.
(d) Absolute reality.
11. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one of the limits of man's existence?
12. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
(a) Time Regained.
(b) The Stranger.
(c) Remembrance of Things Past.
(d) Communist Manifesto.
13. According to revolution in Part 3, man is nothing if he does not obtain what?
(a) Unanimous approval.
14. Who considers beauty more important than the world, according to Part 4?
15. According to Part 3, revolution is condemned to renounce what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Camus states in Part 5 that there is nothing in common between what two people?
2. In Part 3, people who despair about everything can only be provided with faith by what?
3. According to Part 3, what does honor lay in?
4. What does the Reformation choose, according to Part 4?
5. According to Camus in Part 5, the climax of every tragedy lies in the what of its heroes?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)