|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 3, prophecy functions on what type of basis?
2. A man's rebellion is refusal to be treated as what, according to Part 3?
(a) A leader.
(b) An object.
(c) A heretic.
(d) A politician.
3. What must be subdued for Christians and Marxists, according to Part 3?
4. According to Camus in Part 5, the climax of every tragedy lies in the what of its heroes?
5. Artistic creation is a demand for what in Part 4?
6. According to Camus in Part 5, rebellion has become the excuse for a new variety of what?
7. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
8. According to Camus in Part 3, men kill each other because they desire what?
9. In Part 3, all modern revolutions end in a reinforcement of the power of what?
(a) The State.
(b) The People.
(c) The Nation.
10. What era followed the metaphysical and theological eras?
11. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
12. According to Camus in Part 4, the world of Proust is nothing but what?
13. According to revolutionary interpreters of Hegel, what will no longer exist in reconciled society?
14. According to Part 3, what does honor lay in?
15. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one of the limits of man's existence?
Short Answer Questions
1. The power to kill and degrade saves the soul from what in Part 3?
2. According to Part 4, what is artistic creation a rejection of?
3. According to Part 4, what is the most ambitious of the arts?
4. What writer does Camus say the French Revolution "gave birth" to?
5. Camus states in Part 5 that there is nothing in common between what two people?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)