|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 3, revolution is condemned to renounce what?
2. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
(a) Leader or follower.
(b) Murderer or saint.
(c) Oppressor or heretic.
(d) Politician or writer.
3. According to Part 3, Russian Communism openly aspires to what?
(a) World empire.
(c) National rule.
4. According to Camus in Part 3, Hitler's god was what?
(a) A religious figure.
(b) A political argument.
(c) A nihilist.
(d) A non-believer.
5. The rebel achieves honor on what terms, according to Part 5?
6. In Part 3, people who despair about everything can only be provided with faith by what?
7. Camus states in Part 5 that there is nothing in common between what two people?
(a) Politician and priest.
(b) Rebel and victim.
(c) Master and slave.
(d) Writer and painter.
8. Who does Fascism discover is the "master of death" in Part 3?
9. What does Camus think the methods of thought that claim to lead the world into revolution have become in Part 3?
(a) Ideologies of consent.
(b) Ideologies of hatred.
(c) Ideologies of rebellion.
(d) Ideologies of politics.
10. According to Part 3, what is rebellion's demand?
11. What does rebellion becomes when it develops into destruction, according to Part 5?
12. In Part 5, nihilism rejects the idea of what?
(b) Any limit.
13. Who considers beauty more important than the world, according to Part 4?
14. The desire for what is another form of the desire to endure, according to Part 4?
15. In Part 5, murder is what or it is nothing?
(c) A weak excuse.
(d) A desperate exception.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 5, rebellion in principle is a protest against what?
2. In Part 5, the rebel's dilemma is between what two things?
3. According to Part 5, what is the "right of the strongest to dominate"?
4. What does the Reformation choose, according to Part 4?
5. According to Camus in Part 5, what preaches a sermon on charity?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)