|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the introduction of Part 3, is the "motivating principle of all revolutions"?
2. As stated in Camus' introduction, "In an age of ideologies, we must examine our position in relation to" what?
3. In the introduction, rebellion is born of the spectacle of what?
4. At the end of Part 2, what does man add to irrational crimes?
(a) Crimes of religion.
(b) Crimes of logic.
(c) Crimes of reason.
(d) Crimes of passion.
5. In Part 3, what is a "long and painful struggle in the darkness"?
6. Who is a theoretician of Russian nihilism?
7. What rebellion does Camus reference in Part 3?
8. According to Part 2, what is the only religion that is present throughout history?
(a) Belief in government.
(b) Belief in eternity.
(c) Belief in love.
(d) Belief in philosophy.
9. Violence is directed at one and all in the service of what?
(a) An abstract idea.
(b) An altrustic idea.
(c) An absolute value.
(d) An unreasonable offer.
10. In Part 3, total revolution ends by demanding control of what?
(a) The world.
11. Nietzsche cannot separate what from lucidity?
(a) Moral conduct.
(b) Metaphysical rebellion.
(c) Real morality.
(d) Methodical doubt.
12. In Part 2, who wanted to "eradicate God from man's mind"?
13. What concept does Nietzsche encounter?
14. What problem does Nietzsche's philosophy revolve around?
15. What is, according to Part 2, in itself a sign of decadence?
(b) Moral conduct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the first mythologies describe as an "eternal martyr"?
2. According to the ancients referenced in Part 2, what counterbalances negation?
3. According to Part 3, The Social Contract is an inquiry into the legitimacy of what?
4. According to Saint-Just in Part 3, what is stronger than tyrants?
5. According to Part 3, Bakunin believed what is the incarnation of crime?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)