|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, the maximum of enjoyment coincides with the maximum of what?
2. What, according to the introduction of Part 3, is the "motivating principle of all revolutions"?
3. In Part 2, Camus states that the great problem of modern times is the discovery that rescuing man from destiny delivers him to what?
4. According to Camus in Part 2, when man submits God to what does he kill Him in his "own heart"?
(b) Metaphysical rebellion.
(c) Moral judgment.
5. According to Part 3, what is the "only logical consequence of metaphysical rebellion"?
6. According to Nietzsche in Part 2, freedom of the mind is not a comfort but a what?
7. According to Camus in Part 2, what "never has the patience to await complete control of the world?"
(a) Law of power.
(b) Law of murder.
(c) Law of conflict.
(d) Law of religion.
8. According to Camus in Part 3, what happened to those who talked about the immortality of the soul?
9. What problem does Nietzsche's philosophy revolve around?
10. What is, according to Part 2, in itself a sign of decadence?
(a) Moral conduct.
11. Who, according to Part 3, pushed nihilism to the "farthest coherent point"?
12. In the introduction, if nothing is true or false or good or bad, man's guiding principle is to demonstrate that he is what?
13. According to Part 3, nihilists believed in nothing but what?
(a) Reason and self-interest.
(b) Self-interest and religion.
(c) Reality and self-interest.
(d) Reason and reality.
14. According to Part 2, what is the only religion that is present throughout history?
(a) Belief in love.
(b) Belief in philosophy.
(c) Belief in government.
(d) Belief in eternity.
15. In Part 3, total revolution ends by demanding control of what?
(b) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only form of freedom for Stirner?
2. Who wrote The Possessed?
3. Who, according to Camus in Part 2, committed the first act of rebellion?
4. According to Part 3, destroying everything pledges oneself to build without what?
5. According to Part 3, what naturally establishes the Republic of law and order?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)