|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nietzsche diagnose in himself?
(a) The inability to maintain power.
(b) The inability to be persuasive.
(c) The inability to believe.
(d) The inability to write.
2. According to the ancients referenced in Part 2, what counterbalances negation?
3. According to Part 3, what naturally establishes the Republic of law and order?
(a) Religion of power.
(d) Religion of reason.
4. According to this Russian theoretician, who are the greatest fanatics?
(a) Children and adults.
(b) Adolescents and adults.
(c) Adults and infants.
(d) Children and adolescents.
5. According to Part 3, Bakunin believed what is the incarnation of crime?
(a) The State.
(b) The Government.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The Priests.
6. As stated in Camus' introduction, "In an age of ideologies, we must examine our position in relation to" what?
7. In the introduction, rebellion is born of the spectacle of what?
8. According to Part 3, destroying everything pledges oneself to build without what?
9. Who do the first mythologies describe as an "eternal martyr"?
10. According to Camus in Part 2, a metaphysical rebel is inevitably what?
(a) A Marxist.
(b) A nihilist.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A blasphemer.
11. Who wrote The Possessed?
12. According to Part 3, rebellion is compelled to become what?
13. What was one of the first groups of Russian revolutionaries?
(a) The Decemberists.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Rebels.
14. According to Camus' introduction, one purpose is to find out if what can avoid committing murder?
15. According to Camus in Part 3, what happened to those who talked about the immortality of the soul?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus' introduction, what is rare?
2. What belief system accepts suicide as legitimate?
3. What becomes prophetic with Nietzsche in Part 2?
4. According to the introduction, what is the only creature that refuses to be what it is?
5. According to Part 3, moral corruption is also what?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)