|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camus say people become intimates of at the "climax of contemporary tragedy"?
2. For Camus in Part 2, what is the history of rebellion inseparable from?
(d) Greek mythology.
3. According to Part 3, what is the "only logical consequence of metaphysical rebellion"?
4. According to the ancients referenced in Part 2, what counterbalances negation?
5. According to Part 2, what is a "degenerate form of Christianity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, all modern revolutions end in a reinforcement of the power of what?
2. According to Part 3, what are the two contemporary forms of nihilism?
3. What does the Reformation choose, according to Part 4?
4. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
5. According to Part 3, what naturally establishes the Republic of law and order?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)