|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camus states in Part 5 that there is nothing in common between what two people?
(a) Writer and painter.
(b) Politician and priest.
(c) Rebel and victim.
(d) Master and slave.
2. According to Camus in Part 5, the climax of every tragedy lies in the what of its heroes?
3. What rebellion does Camus reference in Part 3?
4. In Part 2, the maximum of enjoyment coincides with the maximum of what?
5. According to Camus in Part 3, what happened to those who talked about the immortality of the soul?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
2. What does Camus say people become intimates of at the "climax of contemporary tragedy"?
3. According to Part 3, if everything is logical then everything is what?
4. According to Camus' introduction, what is rare?
5. In Part 3, Bakunin was the only one of his contemporaries to declare war on what?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)