|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must be subdued for Christians and Marxists, according to Part 3?
2. According to Camus in Part 1, every rebellion invokes what?
(a) A feeling.
(b) A murder.
(c) An opinion.
(d) A value.
3. Artistic creation is a demand for what in Part 4?
4. At the end of Part 2, what does man add to irrational crimes?
(a) Crimes of religion.
(b) Crimes of reason.
(c) Crimes of logic.
(d) Crimes of passion.
5. What did Nietzsche diagnose in himself?
(a) The inability to be persuasive.
(b) The inability to write.
(c) The inability to believe.
(d) The inability to maintain power.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 2, what is only useful for "adventures of the imagination"?
2. According to Part 3, what is the "only logical consequence of metaphysical rebellion"?
3. According to Camus, the rebel does what more than he denies?
4. What writer does Camus say the French Revolution "gave birth" to?
5. According to Part 3, revolution is condemned to renounce what?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)