|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 4, Nietzsche said no artist tolerates what?
2. What is the guiding principle of this person's reasoning?
(d) Double rebellion.
3. According to Part 4, what is artistic creation a rejection of?
(a) The world.
(b) The state.
(c) The locals.
(d) The nation.
4. Who, according to Part 3, pushed nihilism to the "farthest coherent point"?
5. According to the introduction, what is the only creature that refuses to be what it is?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, what is a "long and painful struggle in the darkness"?
2. In Part 3, what must an individual destroy to confirm his own existence?
3. What two forms of rebellion are being considered in the book?
4. What does Camus think the methods of thought that claim to lead the world into revolution have become in Part 3?
5. What does Camus say is the homage the "malignant recluse finally pays to the brotherhood of man" in Part 3?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)