|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 3, Russian Communism openly aspires to what?
(a) World empire.
(c) National rule.
2. According to Camus, we are living in an era of what and perfect crime?
3. According to Part 3, what are the two contemporary forms of nihilism?
(a) State and national.
(b) Individual and national.
(c) Individual and state.
(d) Local and state.
4. In the introduction, if nothing is true or false or good or bad, man's guiding principle is to demonstrate that he is what?
5. According to Part 2, what is the only religion that is present throughout history?
(a) Belief in eternity.
(b) Belief in government.
(c) Belief in philosophy.
(d) Belief in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
2. According to Camus in Part 3, what is one choosing when one chooses history?
3. In Part 3, Bakunin was the only one of his contemporaries to declare war on what?
4. What does Camus think the methods of thought that claim to lead the world into revolution have become in Part 3?
5. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)