|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 3, prophecy functions on what type of basis?
2. As stated in Camus' introduction, "In an age of ideologies, we must examine our position in relation to" what?
3. Human rebellion ends in what, according to Part 2's introduction?
(b) Metaphysical revolution.
(d) Historical rebellion.
4. What does Camus think the methods of thought that claim to lead the world into revolution have become in Part 3?
(a) Ideologies of rebellion.
(b) Ideologies of consent.
(c) Ideologies of politics.
(d) Ideologies of hatred.
5. Camus says in Part 3 that every revolutionary ends by becoming one of what two things?
(a) Leader or follower.
(b) Murderer or saint.
(c) Politician or writer.
(d) Oppressor or heretic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Camus explains Nietzsche recognized himself as the "most acute manifestation" of what?
2. According to Part 2's introduction, the "movement by which man protests against his condition and against the whole of creation" is called what?
3. According to Camus' introduction, to what is to judge?
4. What belief system accepts suicide as legitimate?
5. The ancient regime monarchy was founded on what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)