|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 3, Hegel allowed mutual recognition of minds to be reached in what?
2. In Part 3, what alone kept Hitler alive?
3. According to Camus' introduction, what is rare?
(b) Intense love.
(d) Perfect crime.
4. Camus believes the longing for what "coincides with the acceptance of iniquity"?
(a) Love and money.
(b) Power and politics.
(c) Rest and peace.
(d) Murder and suicide.
5. Nietzsche cannot separate what from lucidity?
(a) Methodical doubt.
(b) Moral conduct.
(c) Real morality.
(d) Metaphysical rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 3, what naturally establishes the Republic of law and order?
2. In Part 3, people who despair about everything can only be provided with faith by what?
3. What belief system accepts suicide as legitimate?
4. According to Part 2, what is the only religion that is present throughout history?
5. According to Camus in Part 2, when man submits God to what does he kill Him in his "own heart"?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)