|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Introduction, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ancient regime monarchy was founded on what?
(b) Slave rebellion.
(c) Divine right.
(d) Honest government.
2. According to Part 3, what is limited in scope by its nature?
3. In Part 3, what divides the sovereign?
4. According to Part 3, rebellion is compelled to become what?
5. According to Camus in Part 2, what "never has the patience to await complete control of the world?"
(a) Law of religion.
(b) Law of conflict.
(c) Law of power.
(d) Law of murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part 2, what does man add to irrational crimes?
2. In Part 2, Camus states that the great problem of modern times is the discovery that rescuing man from destiny delivers him to what?
3. What becomes prophetic with Nietzsche in Part 2?
4. According to Nietzsche in Part 2, freedom of the mind is not a comfort but a what?
5. According to the ancients referenced in Part 2, what counterbalances negation?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)