|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Introduction, Sections 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, what is the only creature that refuses to be what it is?
2. In Part 2, Camus explains Nietzsche recognized himself as the "most acute manifestation" of what?
(a) Atheism's beliefs.
(b) Christianity's values.
(c) Nihilism's conscience.
(d) Rebellion's reasoning.
3. According to Part 2, what is the only religion that is present throughout history?
(a) Belief in government.
(b) Belief in eternity.
(c) Belief in philosophy.
(d) Belief in love.
4. In Part 3, what divides the sovereign?
5. According to Camus' introduction, one purpose is to find out if what can avoid committing murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Camus states that the great problem of modern times is the discovery that rescuing man from destiny delivers him to what?
2. According to Part 3, monarchy wants to put what before justice?
3. According to Nietzsche in Part 2, freedom of the mind is not a comfort but a what?
4. In the introduction, what is it always possible to do?
5. According to the ancients referenced in Part 2, what counterbalances negation?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)