|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Sections 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus' introduction, what is rare?
(b) Intense love.
(c) Perfect crime.
2. In Part 2, Camus states that the great problem of modern times is the discovery that rescuing man from destiny delivers him to what?
3. In Part 2, Camus explains Nietzsche recognized himself as the "most acute manifestation" of what?
(a) Christianity's values.
(b) Nihilism's conscience.
(c) Rebellion's reasoning.
(d) Atheism's beliefs.
4. What is, according to Part 2, in itself a sign of decadence?
(a) Moral conduct.
5. What is the guiding principle of this person's reasoning?
(d) Double rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Camus' introduction, what does he say "remains an exception"?
2. Camus says in Part 2 that who's negation is the most extreme?
3. According to Part 2's introduction, the "movement by which man protests against his condition and against the whole of creation" is called what?
4. What belief system accepts suicide as legitimate?
5. According to Nietzsche in Part 2, freedom of the mind is not a comfort but a what?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)