|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Introduction and Sections 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 2, what "never has the patience to await complete control of the world?"
(a) Law of religion.
(b) Law of conflict.
(c) Law of murder.
(d) Law of power.
2. What is the guiding principle of this person's reasoning?
(c) Double rebellion.
3. According to Part 2's introduction, the "movement by which man protests against his condition and against the whole of creation" is called what?
(b) Historical rebellion.
(c) Metaphysical rebellion.
4. According to Camus, the rebel does what more than he denies?
5. What has to be alive in order to say life is absurd, according to the introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in Camus' introduction, "In an age of ideologies, we must examine our position in relation to" what?
2. According to Camus, we are living in an era of what and perfect crime?
3. In the introduction, what is it always possible to do?
4. Who do the first mythologies describe as an "eternal martyr"?
5. In Part 2's introduction, the most elementary form of rebellion expresses an aspiration to what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)