|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Introduction and Sections 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Society of the Friends of Crime?
2. By what concept is metaphysical rebellion motivated by?
(a) Complete unity.
(c) Absolute murder.
(d) Universal truth.
3. What is the guiding principle of this person's reasoning?
(a) Double rebellion.
4. Camus says in Part 2 that who's negation is the most extreme?
5. According to Camus in Part 2, what is only useful for "adventures of the imagination"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Introduction, what does Camus say criminals use as an alibi?
2. The ancients, according to Part 2, believed rebelling against nature was the same as rebelling against what?
3. According to Part 2's introduction, the "movement by which man protests against his condition and against the whole of creation" is called what?
4. What is the only evidence given to Camus within the terms of the absurdist experience?
5. Who, according to Camus in Part 2, committed the first act of rebellion?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)