|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Introduction and Sections 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camus believe is as "universal as science"?
2. In Part 2, the maximum of enjoyment coincides with the maximum of what?
3. What two forms of rebellion are being considered in the book?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Murder and suicide.
(c) Power and pain.
(d) Metaphyiscal and historical.
4. According to Camus in Part 2, a metaphysical rebel is inevitably what?
(a) A nihilist.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A Marxist.
(d) A blasphemer.
5. Who do the first mythologies describe as an "eternal martyr"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Camus says in Part 2 that who's negation is the most extreme?
2. According to Camus in Part 2, what "never has the patience to await complete control of the world?"
3. In the introduction, rebellion is born of the spectacle of what?
4. According to the ancients referenced in Part 2, what counterbalances negation?
5. In Part 2's introduction, the most elementary form of rebellion expresses an aspiration to what?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)