|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Introduction and Sections 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As stated in Camus' introduction, "In an age of ideologies, we must examine our position in relation to" what?
2. According to the ancients referenced in Part 2, what counterbalances negation?
3. Who, according to Camus in Part 2, committed the first act of rebellion?
4. In Part 2, Camus states that the great problem of modern times is the discovery that rescuing man from destiny delivers him to what?
5. What belief system accepts suicide as legitimate?
(a) Absolute nihilism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only evidence given to Camus within the terms of the absurdist experience?
2. According to Camus' introduction, to what is to judge?
3. By what concept is metaphysical rebellion motivated by?
4. According to Camus in Part 2, a metaphysical rebel is inevitably what?
5. What two forms of rebellion are being considered in the book?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)