|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Introduction and Sections 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has to be alive in order to say life is absurd, according to the introduction?
2. According to Camus, the rebel does what more than he denies?
3. By what concept is metaphysical rebellion motivated by?
(a) Absolute murder.
(c) Universal truth.
(d) Complete unity.
4. According to Camus in Part 1, every rebellion invokes what?
(a) A value.
(b) A feeling.
(c) A murder.
(d) An opinion.
5. According to Camus in Part 2, what is only useful for "adventures of the imagination"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ancients, according to Part 2, believed rebelling against nature was the same as rebelling against what?
2. According to Camus' introduction, to what is to judge?
3. In Part 2, the maximum of enjoyment coincides with the maximum of what?
4. What belief system accepts suicide as legitimate?
5. For Camus in Part 2, what is the history of rebellion inseparable from?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)