|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 2, when man submits God to what does he kill Him in his "own heart"?
(a) Metaphysical rebellion.
(b) Moral judgment.
2. Who, according to Part 3, pushed nihilism to the "farthest coherent point"?
3. According to Part 3, nihilists believed in nothing but what?
(a) Reason and reality.
(b) Self-interest and religion.
(c) Reality and self-interest.
(d) Reason and self-interest.
4. Camus says in Part 2 that who's negation is the most extreme?
5. According to Part 2's introduction, the "movement by which man protests against his condition and against the whole of creation" is called what?
(a) Historical rebellion.
(d) Metaphysical rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Rousseau denounced a corruption of what in art by society?
2. In Part 2's introduction, the most elementary form of rebellion expresses an aspiration to what?
3. In Part 3, the will of the people is the expression of what?
4. Nietzscheism as defined by Camus in Part 2 is the theory of the individual's will to what?
5. According to Nietzsche in Part 2, freedom of the mind is not a comfort but a what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)