|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camus states in Part 5 that there is nothing in common between what two people?
(a) Master and slave.
(b) Rebel and victim.
(c) Writer and painter.
(d) Politician and priest.
2. In Part 3, the will of the people is the expression of what?
(a) Moral conduct.
(b) Nihilistic rebellion.
(c) Universal reason.
3. In Part 3, people who despair about everything can only be provided with faith by what?
4. In the Introduction, what does Camus say criminals use as an alibi?
5. According to Camus' introduction, what is rare?
(b) Perfect crime.
(c) Intense love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote The Possessed?
2. What does Camus believe is as "universal as science"?
3. In Part 5, Camus states that the extreme of nihilism is when blind and savage murder becomes what?
4. Camus says in Part 2 that who's negation is the most extreme?
5. What becomes prophetic with Nietzsche in Part 2?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)