|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power to kill and degrade saves the soul from what in Part 3?
(a) Utter elation.
(b) Utter saddness,
(c) Utter emptiness.
(d) Utter happiness.
2. Camus states in Part 5 that there is nothing in common between what two people?
(a) Writer and painter.
(b) Rebel and victim.
(c) Master and slave.
(d) Politician and priest.
3. The only salvation lies in what, according to Part 3?
4. Who, according to Camus in Part 2, committed the first act of rebellion?
5. According to Nietzsche in Part 2, freedom of the mind is not a comfort but a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 1, every rebellion invokes what?
2. According to Part 3, what is limited in scope by its nature?
3. According to Part 3, The Social Contract is an inquiry into the legitimacy of what?
4. The ancient regime monarchy was founded on what?
5. According to Part 3, monarchy wants to put what before justice?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)