|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of temple does Camus say nihilism builds in Part 3?
2. What two forms of rebellion are being considered in the book?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Metaphyiscal and historical.
(c) Murder and suicide.
(d) Power and pain.
3. What is "more useful than Shakespeare" to Pisarev, according to Part 4?
(a) A hat.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A shirt.
4. According to Camus in Part 3, what did Germany submit to when deprived of Goethe's morality?
(a) Politics of the rebels.
(b) Ethics of the gang.
(c) Money from the gang.
(d) Religion of the gang.
5. According to Camus in Part 2, what is only useful for "adventures of the imagination"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 3, The Social Contract is an inquiry into the legitimacy of what?
2. What does Camus say people become intimates of at the "climax of contemporary tragedy"?
3. In Part 3, Camus states Junger thought it was better to be criminal than what?
4. For Camus in Part 2, what is the history of rebellion inseparable from?
5. In Part 3, what is a "long and painful struggle in the darkness"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)