|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, what is the only creature that refuses to be what it is?
2. Violence is directed at one and all in the service of what?
(a) An altrustic idea.
(b) An abstract idea.
(c) An unreasonable offer.
(d) An absolute value.
3. According to Part 3, revolution is condemned to renounce what?
4. What era followed the metaphysical and theological eras?
5. What does Camus say people must stake everything on in Part 3?
(a) The renaissance.
(b) The religion.
(c) The history.
(d) The book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2's introduction, the most elementary form of rebellion expresses an aspiration to what?
2. Who, according to Camus in Part 2, committed the first act of rebellion?
3. According to Part 4, art realizes the reconciliation of the what with the universal?
4. According to the ancients referenced in Part 2, what counterbalances negation?
5. According to Part 3, Russian Communism openly aspires to what?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)