|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Sections 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 2, what is the only religion that is present throughout history?
(a) Belief in love.
(b) Belief in government.
(c) Belief in philosophy.
(d) Belief in eternity.
2. What is the guiding principle of this person's reasoning?
(c) Double rebellion.
3. In Part 2, Camus states that the great problem of modern times is the discovery that rescuing man from destiny delivers him to what?
4. According to Camus in Part 2, when man submits God to what does he kill Him in his "own heart"?
(a) Moral judgment.
(d) Metaphysical rebellion.
5. According to Camus' introduction, one purpose is to find out if what can avoid committing murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche cannot separate what from lucidity?
2. Who, according to Camus in Part 2, committed the first act of rebellion?
3. In the introduction, if nothing is true or false or good or bad, man's guiding principle is to demonstrate that he is what?
4. According to Nietzsche in Part 2, freedom of the mind is not a comfort but a what?
5. The ancients, according to Part 2, believed rebelling against nature was the same as rebelling against what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)