|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Sections 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the first mythologies describe as an "eternal martyr"?
2. According to Camus in Part 2, what is only useful for "adventures of the imagination"?
3. In the Introduction, what does Camus say criminals use as an alibi?
4. What has to be alive in order to say life is absurd, according to the introduction?
5. According to Part 2's introduction, the "movement by which man protests against his condition and against the whole of creation" is called what?
(a) Historical rebellion.
(c) Metaphysical rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2's introduction, the most elementary form of rebellion expresses an aspiration to what?
2. According to Camus in Part 1, every rebellion invokes what?
3. According to Part 2, what is a "degenerate form of Christianity"?
4. According to Camus, the rebel does what more than he denies?
5. In the introduction, rebellion is born of the spectacle of what?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)