|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Sections 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 2, when man submits God to what does he kill Him in his "own heart"?
(b) Metaphysical rebellion.
(d) Moral judgment.
2. What two forms of rebellion are being considered in the book?
(a) Murder and suicide.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Power and pain.
(d) Metaphyiscal and historical.
3. According to Part 2, what is the only religion that is present throughout history?
(a) Belief in love.
(b) Belief in government.
(c) Belief in philosophy.
(d) Belief in eternity.
4. According to Part 2's introduction, the "movement by which man protests against his condition and against the whole of creation" is called what?
(c) Historical rebellion.
(d) Metaphysical rebellion.
5. According to Camus, the rebel does what more than he denies?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus' introduction, one purpose is to find out if what can avoid committing murder?
2. Who wrote Society of the Friends of Crime?
3. In Part 2, who wanted to "eradicate God from man's mind"?
4. By what concept is metaphysical rebellion motivated by?
5. What is the only form of freedom for Stirner?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)