|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Sections 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what concept is metaphysical rebellion motivated by?
(a) Absolute murder.
(b) Universal truth.
(d) Complete unity.
2. According to Camus, the rebel does what more than he denies?
3. At the end of Part 2, what does man add to irrational crimes?
(a) Crimes of reason.
(b) Crimes of logic.
(c) Crimes of passion.
(d) Crimes of religion.
4. According to Part 2, what is the only religion that is present throughout history?
(a) Belief in eternity.
(b) Belief in philosophy.
(c) Belief in government.
(d) Belief in love.
5. What belief system accepts suicide as legitimate?
(c) Absolute nihilism.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Camus' introduction, what is rare?
2. In the introduction, rebellion is born of the spectacle of what?
3. According to Part 2, what is a "degenerate form of Christianity"?
4. According to Camus in Part 2, what is only useful for "adventures of the imagination"?
5. In the introduction, what is it always possible to do?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)