|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Sections 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 2, when man submits God to what does he kill Him in his "own heart"?
(a) Metaphysical rebellion.
(c) Moral judgment.
2. In Part 2, Camus explains Nietzsche recognized himself as the "most acute manifestation" of what?
(a) Nihilism's conscience.
(b) Rebellion's reasoning.
(c) Christianity's values.
(d) Atheism's beliefs.
3. What does Camus believe is as "universal as science"?
4. In Part 2, the maximum of enjoyment coincides with the maximum of what?
5. Who, according to Camus in Part 2, committed the first act of rebellion?
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in Camus' introduction, "In an age of ideologies, we must examine our position in relation to" what?
2. According to Part 2's introduction, the "movement by which man protests against his condition and against the whole of creation" is called what?
3. What has to be alive in order to say life is absurd, according to the introduction?
4. What belief system accepts suicide as legitimate?
5. Human rebellion ends in what, according to Part 2's introduction?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)