|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Sections 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 3, Hitler's god was what?
(a) A political argument.
(b) A non-believer.
(c) A nihilist.
(d) A religious figure.
2. According to Part 3, Saint-Just is a contemporary of whom?
3. The ancients, according to Part 2, believed rebelling against nature was the same as rebelling against what?
4. In Part 3, who does Camus say is one of the "most remarkable and influential minds of the 1830s and 40s"?
5. In Part 2, Camus explains Nietzsche recognized himself as the "most acute manifestation" of what?
(a) Christianity's values.
(b) Atheism's beliefs.
(c) Rebellion's reasoning.
(d) Nihilism's conscience.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only salvation lies in what, according to Part 3?
2. In Part 3, what must an individual destroy to confirm his own existence?
3. According to Camus in Part 2, a metaphysical rebel is inevitably what?
4. According to Part 3, moral corruption is also what?
5. According to Camus in Part 2, what is only useful for "adventures of the imagination"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)