|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Sections 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 3, rebellion is compelled to become what?
2. According to Camus in Part 2, what "never has the patience to await complete control of the world?"
(a) Law of conflict.
(b) Law of murder.
(c) Law of power.
(d) Law of religion.
3. According to Part 3, what naturally establishes the Republic of law and order?
(a) Religion of reason.
(c) Religion of power.
4. In Part 3, total revolution ends by demanding control of what?
(b) The world.
5. According to Camus in Part 2, when man submits God to what does he kill Him in his "own heart"?
(b) Metaphysical rebellion.
(d) Moral judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the first mythologies describe as an "eternal martyr"?
2. What, according to the introduction of Part 3, is the "motivating principle of all revolutions"?
3. According to Camus in Part 3, what did Germany submit to when deprived of Goethe's morality?
4. According to the ancients referenced in Part 2, what counterbalances negation?
5. According to Part 3, destroying everything pledges oneself to build without what?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)