|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus in Part 2, when man submits God to what does he kill Him in his "own heart"?
(a) Metaphysical rebellion.
(b) Moral judgment.
2. In Part 3, who does Camus say is one of the "most remarkable and influential minds of the 1830s and 40s"?
3. According to Part 4, Nietzsche said no artist tolerates what?
4. The desire for what is another form of the desire to endure, according to Part 4?
5. What becomes prophetic with Nietzsche in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what writing does Camus think the "real greatness of Proust lies"?
2. Who considers beauty more important than the world, according to Part 4?
3. In Part 2, Camus explains Nietzsche recognized himself as the "most acute manifestation" of what?
4. According to Camus in Part 4, the world of Proust is nothing but what?
5. According to Part 4, what is artistic creation a rejection of?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)