Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When news of John Rabe's situation reaches China, the Nanking survivors raise how much money in US dollars to help him?
2. Chang states that her parents are the kind that most people only dream of, and that they are all BUT WHICH of the following?
3. After the massacre, the Japanese create a new government in Nanking. On what date is the Nanking Self-Government Committee created?
4. In what year during "The Fate of the Survivors" does the People's Republic of China announce that it has forgiven Japan and invites the Japanese prime minister to visit China?
5. Japanese soldiers break into Nanking University Hospital after the massacre and steal all BUT WHICH of the following from nurses?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the social and economic factors that enabled Japan to begin feeling as though it were the victim of an international conspiracy in the years prior to Japan's attempt to conquer China. How are the factors interlinked? Was there something to Japan's feeling that it was being picked on by the international community, or were they looking for an excuse to be upset with the rest of the world? Was the international community being fair or unfair toward Japan?
Essay Topic 2
Emperor Hirohito and his family were granted immunity for all wartime actions in exchange for Japan's surrender. In a well-developed essay, discuss whether or not this action was justified. Use supporting material from the text to analyze how much the emperor knew of the events in Nanking, and to what extent other members of the imperial family should or should not have been held accountable.
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the Japanese samurai code. What are the basic principles of this code? How did the code make its way into normal society from the initial applications of samurai life? In what way does the code prepare the Japanese for war?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)