|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On December 15, 1938, Japanese soldiers force five thousand refugees to line up so they can steal how much money from them?
2. In 1946, the International Military Tribunal for the Far East (IMTFE) begins trials in Tokyo. How long do those trials last?
(a) Two and a half years.
(b) Four months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six and a half years.
3. As "What the World Knew" opens, how does the world know what's happening in Nanking?
(a) The soldiers are sending letters to their families.
(b) Refugees are escaping to the West.
(c) The leaders of the Safety Zone are issuing statements.
(d) Reporters are there covering the story.
4. After Minnie Vautrin returns to the United States, she repeatedly attempts suicide. On what date does she finally succeed in ending her life?
(a) July 9, 1940.
(b) April 22, 1943.
(c) May 14, 1941.
(d) October 3, 1945.
5. In what year during "The Fate of the Survivors" does the People's Republic of China announce that it has forgiven Japan and invites the Japanese prime minister to visit China?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the IMTFE trials, the court determines that what ratio of prisoners of war die under the Japanese?
2. Which of the following individuals is appointed to the position of justice minister, gives an interview stating that the Nanking Massacre is a hoax, and is forced to resign in "The Forgotten Holocaust"?
3. Tanaka Yuki believes that the Japanese army had great potential for brutality for two reasons. What is the first of those two reasons?
4. Chang states that her parents are the kind that most people only dream of, and that they are all BUT WHICH of the following?
5. The Epilogue states that the Rape of Nanking is just one example of Japanese atrocities during how many years of war?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)