|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The end of "Judgment Day" states that Emperor Hirohito dies in what year?
2. Segments of the diary writer's film in "What the World Knew" are eventually included in a documentary entitled "Why We Fight: Battle of China" by which director?
(a) John Rabe.
(b) John Magee.
(c) George Fitch.
(d) Frank Capra.
3. The US Department of Justice has compiled a list of Japanese war criminals in order to keep those people from entering the country. In what year is the watch list made?
4. What is the mood in Japan in response to Nanking's defeat in the early days of the occupation?
5. As "What the World Knew" opens, how does the world know what's happening in Nanking?
(a) The soldiers are sending letters to their families.
(b) The leaders of the Safety Zone are issuing statements.
(c) Reporters are there covering the story.
(d) Refugees are escaping to the West.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which US President announces on December 13 that he is shocked by the attack on the USS Panay?
2. The Global Alliance for Preserving the History of World War II in Asia assisted Chang by providing all BUT WHICH of the following?
3. In what year during "The Fate of the Survivors" do seizures and a mental collapse force Robert Wilson to leave Nanking for Santa Barbara, California?
4. Chang's book was helped along by her editor, a woman by the name of what?
5. By spring of 1938, all BUT WHICH of the following functions have resumed in Nanking?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)