|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When news of John Rabe's situation reaches China, the Nanking survivors raise how much money in US dollars to help him?
2. Chang states that her parents are the kind that most people only dream of, and that they are all BUT WHICH of the following?
3. After the massacre, the Japanese create a new government in Nanking. On what date is the Nanking Self-Government Committee created?
(a) January 20.
(b) December 28.
(c) January 1.
(d) February 6.
4. In what year during "The Fate of the Survivors" does the People's Republic of China announce that it has forgiven Japan and invites the Japanese prime minister to visit China?
5. Japanese soldiers break into Nanking University Hospital after the massacre and steal all BUT WHICH of the following from nurses?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to control the population after the massacre, the Japanese routinely use what as payment to the Chinese?
2. In "The Forgotten Holocaust," during what year do Japanese textbook screeners demand that authors eliminate all reference to the number of Chinese killed?
3. "Judgment Day" states that some of the worst atrocities in Nanking are committed by which man, who dies shortly after Japan's surrender?
4. The Epilogue states that some scholars explain the horrors in Nanking and other atrocities by a phenomenon known as what?
5. During the IMTFE trials, the court determines that what ratio of prisoners of war die under the Japanese?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)