|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Epilogue states that some scholars explain the horrors in Nanking and other atrocities by a phenomenon known as what?
(a) Transfer of oppression.
(b) Mob mentality.
(c) Master race mentality.
(d) Uncontrollable rage.
2. During the IMTFE trials, the court determines that what ratio of prisoners of war die under the Japanese?
(a) One in one hundred.
(c) One in three.
(d) One in twenty-five.
3. Ono Kenji has co-edited a book on the Nanking massacre, the first work to be based completely on Japanese sources. During what year is the book published?
4. Which Japanese news outlet begins to report that all is well and that Nanking's citizens are returning home in late December during the occupation?
5. What is the mood in Japan in response to Nanking's defeat in the early days of the occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following individuals is appointed to the position of justice minister, gives an interview stating that the Nanking Massacre is a hoax, and is forced to resign in "The Forgotten Holocaust"?
2. Chang frequently required assistance from others because she used source material written in all BUT WHICH of the following languages?
3. The first diary leaked out of Nanking is published in all BUT WHICH of the following magazines?
4. When the initial deaths are combined with deaths that occurred later but are related, one can estimate that the Japanese killed about how many Chinese people in total?
5. After Nanking, what event is pivotal in the change of relations between the United States and Japan?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)