|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Epilogue states that Japanese aviators sprayed fleas carrying plague germs over all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
2. Which of the following newsreel reporters are NOT on board when the USS Panay is attacked?
(a) Jean Marie Lutes.
(b) Sandro Sandri.
(c) Normal Alley.
(d) Eric Mayell.
3. Chang states that during her visit to Nanking, she discovers that reparations from Japan in what amount would make a huge difference for the survivors?
4. By spring of 1938, all BUT WHICH of the following functions have resumed in Nanking?
(c) Running water.
5. Ono Kenji has co-edited a book on the Nanking massacre, the first work to be based completely on Japanese sources. During what year is the book published?
6. What is the mood in Japan in response to Nanking's defeat in the early days of the occupation?
7. "The Fate of the Survivors" states that many of the victims of Nanking continue to suffer all BUT WHICH of the following?
8. Which of the following individuals is the minister for international trade who announces that Japan never intended to invade other Asian countries during "The Forgotten Holocaust"?
(a) Kim Young-sam.
(b) Murayama Tomiichi.
(c) Hashimoto Ryutaro.
(d) Kajiyama Seiroku.
9. To what problem can most of the damage in Nanking be attributed in the, "The Occupation of Nanking" chapter?
10. Which Japanese news outlet begins to report that all is well and that Nanking's citizens are returning home in late December during the occupation?
11. In 1941, the Japanese army launched a campaign of terror in northern China. What was the population of northern China prior to this campaign?
(a) 44 million.
(b) 105 million.
(c) 25 million.
(d) 16 million.
12. In what year during "The Fate of the Survivors" does the People's Republic of China announce that it has forgiven Japan and invites the Japanese prime minister to visit China?
13. To what number is the population of northern China reduced after the terror campaign in 1941?
(a) 105 million.
(b) 25 million.
(c) 44 million.
(d) 16 million.
14. On what date in 1937 do most reporters leave Nanking after the city falls to the Japanese?
(a) December 15.
(b) November 3.
(c) December 29.
(d) January 16.
15. Chang frequently required assistance from others because she used source material written in all BUT WHICH of the following languages?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tanaka Yuki believes that the Japanese army had great potential for brutality for two reasons. What is the first of those two reasons?
2. Which of the following women loans Chang materials from a documentary she filmed?
3. In what month during "The Occupation of Nanking" do the Japanese open a facility for medical experiments on Nanking residents?
4. Japanese soldiers break into Nanking University Hospital after the massacre and steal all BUT WHICH of the following from nurses?
5. In "What the World Knew," Chang presents diary or letter responses to the Japanese propaganda from all BUT WHICH of the following individuals?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)