|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Forgotten Holocaust," during what year does Ishihara Shintaro give an interview stating that there was no massacre in Nanking?
2. The end of "Judgment Day" states that Emperor Hirohito dies in what year?
3. Chang states that her parents are the kind that most people only dream of, and that they are all BUT WHICH of the following?
4. The US Department of Justice has compiled a list of Japanese war criminals in order to keep those people from entering the country. In what year is the watch list made?
5. The Japanese occupation of Nanking finally ends during what year?
6. After his trial, Hisao is executed in a manner that many of the Nanking survivors believe to be much more humane than anything he'd done to his victims. How is Hisao executed?
(c) Lethal injection.
(d) Firing squad.
7. The Japanese also mixed food with which of the following deadly diseases during the invasion?
(a) E. coli.
8. According to Chang in "The Forgotten Holocaust," what is one of the most sinister parts of Japanese education?
(a) Textbook censorship.
(b) Long school hours.
(c) Grueling exams.
(d) Rigid discipline.
9. One of the deadliest policies endorsed by the Japanese government during the war is the "Three-all" policy, which means all BUT WHICH of the following?
(a) Rape all.
(b) Burn all.
(c) Kill all.
(d) Loot all.
10. One of the most high-profile trials described in chapter eight is for Tani Hisao. What military position does Hisao hold during the Rape of Nanking?
(a) Second Lieutenant of 4th division.
(b) Colonel of 5th division.
(c) Major General of 9th division.
(d) Lieutenant General of 6th division.
11. When news of John Rabe's situation reaches China, the Nanking survivors raise how much money in US dollars to help him?
12. In what year during "The Fate of the Survivors" does the People's Republic of China announce that it has forgiven Japan and invites the Japanese prime minister to visit China?
13. Chang's book was helped along by her editor, a woman by the name of what?
(a) Susan Rabiner.
(b) Martha Begemann.
(c) Barbara Masin.
(d) Nancy Tong.
14. Chang states that during her visit to Nanking, she discovers that reparations from Japan in what amount would make a huge difference for the survivors?
15. Which Japanese commander bears the brunt of the blame for Nanking during the IMTFE trials?
(a) Prince Asaka.
(b) Nakajima Kesago.
(c) Hirota Koki.
(d) Matsui Iwane.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Fate of the Survivors" states that many of the victims of Nanking continue to suffer all BUT WHICH of the following?
2. In "What the World Knew," Chang presents diary or letter responses to the Japanese propaganda from all BUT WHICH of the following individuals?
3. Japanese soldiers break into Nanking University Hospital after the massacre and steal all BUT WHICH of the following from nurses?
4. After the War Crimes committee is created, trials for class B and C war criminals begin when?
5. Which of the following individuals is a cabinet secretary who claims that the rape victims were actually engaged in willful prostitution during "The Forgotten Holocaust"?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)