|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Fate of the Survivors" states that many of the victims of Nanking continue to suffer all BUT WHICH of the following?
2. By what time during 1938 does "The Occupation of Nanking" say the massacre is over?
3. After his trial, Hisao is executed in a manner that many of the Nanking survivors believe to be much more humane than anything he'd done to his victims. How is Hisao executed?
(b) Firing squad.
(d) Lethal injection.
4. The Epilogue states that Japanese aviators sprayed fleas carrying plague germs over all BUT WHICH of the following cities?
5. To what number is the population of northern China reduced after the terror campaign in 1941?
(a) 44 million.
(b) 105 million.
(c) 16 million.
(d) 25 million.
6. "Judgment Day" states that the IMTFE is able to prosecute how many Japanese military and political officials?
7. The Epilogue states that the Rape of Nanking is just one example of Japanese atrocities during how many years of war?
8. George Fitch's daughter states that her father is so traumatized after the Rape of Nanking that what frequently occurs?
(c) Crying fits.
9. The Global Alliance for Preserving the History of World War II in Asia assisted Chang by providing all BUT WHICH of the following?
(a) Trial transcripts.
(b) Important contacts.
10. Which organization pays for Chang's trips to Asia?
(a) National Archives.
(b) Institute of Modern History.
(c) Yale Divinity School.
(d) Pacific Cultural Foundation.
11. Chang states in "The Forgotten Holocaust" that censorship in Japan is practiced not only by the government, but also by which other entity?
12. Japanese soldiers break into Nanking University Hospital after the massacre and steal all BUT WHICH of the following from nurses?
13. In "Judgment Day," one of the war crimes trials held is for two lieutenants: Takeshi and Toshiaki. In what chapter of this book does "Judgment Day" say their killing contest is described?
(a) Chapter 4.
(b) Chapter 6.
(c) Chapter 8.
(d) Chapter 2.
14. According to the Epilogue, millions of victims died after the war was over from starvation and disease caused by all BUT WHICH of the following Japanese actions?
(b) Medical experiments.
15. On December 15, 1938, Japanese soldiers force five thousand refugees to line up so they can steal how much money from them?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chang in "The Forgotten Holocaust," what is one of the most sinister parts of Japanese education?
2. Chang frequently required assistance from others because she used source material written in all BUT WHICH of the following languages?
3. Chang states that during her visit to Nanking, she discovers that reparations from Japan in what amount would make a huge difference for the survivors?
4. Which of the following individuals is the minister for international trade who announces that Japan never intended to invade other Asian countries during "The Forgotten Holocaust"?
5. The Japanese also mixed food with which of the following deadly diseases during the invasion?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)