|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what problem can most of the damage in Nanking be attributed in the, "The Occupation of Nanking" chapter?
2. Which of the following individuals holds several government positions and is forced to resign after stating that Japan was not an aggressor during "The Forgotten Holocaust"?
(a) Sakurai Shin.
(b) Okuno Seisuki.
(c) Fujio Masayuki.
(d) General Nagano Shigeto.
3. After the massacre, what is the estimated financial damage to public property in Nanking?
(a) $200 million.
(b) $90 thousand.
(c) $140 thousand.
(d) $836 million.
4. By what time during 1938 does "The Occupation of Nanking" say the massacre is over?
5. To what number is the population of northern China reduced after the terror campaign in 1941?
(a) 105 million.
(b) 16 million.
(c) 25 million.
(d) 44 million.
6. In what month during "The Occupation of Nanking" do the Japanese open a facility for medical experiments on Nanking residents?
7. In order to control the population after the massacre, the Japanese routinely use what as payment to the Chinese?
8. The US Department of Justice has compiled a list of Japanese war criminals in order to keep those people from entering the country. In what year is the watch list made?
9. The end of "Judgment Day" states that Emperor Hirohito dies in what year?
10. In "The Fate of the Survivors," Chang states that she is able to videotape oral testimony from Nanking survivors during what year?
11. After John Rabe's death, his family finally publishes his diary. It is covered by world media on what date?
(a) May 9, 1958.
(b) December 12, 1996.
(c) July 27, 1874.
(d) October 4, 1982.
12. "The Fate of the Survivors" states that many of the victims of Nanking continue to suffer all BUT WHICH of the following?
13. In "The Forgotten Holocaust," during what year do Japanese textbook screeners demand that authors eliminate all reference to the number of Chinese killed?
14. The Epilogue states that the Rape of Nanking is just one example of Japanese atrocities during how many years of war?
15. After his trial, Hisao is executed in a manner that many of the Nanking survivors believe to be much more humane than anything he'd done to his victims. How is Hisao executed?
(a) Firing squad.
(d) Lethal injection.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Japanese surrender, John Rabe begins to talk openly about what he witnessed in Nanking. In response, he is arrested by all BUT WHICH of the following governments?
2. By spring of 1938, all BUT WHICH of the following functions have resumed in Nanking?
3. According to Chang in "The Forgotten Holocaust," what is one of the most sinister parts of Japanese education?
4. Japanese soldiers break into Nanking University Hospital after the massacre and steal all BUT WHICH of the following from nurses?
5. Chang's book was helped along by her editor, a woman by the name of what?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)