|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Acknowledgments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By December during the occupation, Chang states that the population of Nanking has fallen to about how many people?
(a) Three million.
(b) Fifty thousand.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Half a million.
2. One of the diary writers in "What the World Knew" is able to take several reels of film and smuggle them out of Nanking on which date?
(a) December 16.
(b) November 26.
(c) January 19.
(d) March 20.
3. Why, according to Kirby, is Ms. Chang's book so important?
(a) It is the only historical account written by a woman.
(b) The incident has largely been forgotten in the West.
(c) The book brought great publicity to Chinese Americans.
(d) No one has ever talked about the event before.
4. At the end of "The Forgotten Holocaust," Azuma Shiro becomes the first Japanese veteran to apologize for his role in Nanking. During what year does this occur?
5. According to Chang in "Six Weeks of Terror," what happens to the Japanese war criminals after Nanking?
(a) Fugitives from the law.
(b) Life sentences in jail.
(c) Protected by the Japanese government.
(d) Executed many years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the order to retreat is given, what route is left open to leave Nanking without encountering Japanese soldiers?
2. According to the Introduction, Europeans date the beginning of World War II in which year?
3. The US Department of Justice has compiled a list of Japanese war criminals in order to keep those people from entering the country. In what year is the watch list made?
4. By spring of 1938, all BUT WHICH of the following functions have resumed in Nanking?
5. In "The Nanking Safety Zone," which of the following do the International Committee members NOT have to provide for the refugees in the Safety Zone?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)