|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Acknowledgments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Introduction, Europeans date the beginning of World War II in which year?
2. In "Six Weeks of Terror," what is the primary Japanese strategy for the invasion of Nanking?
(a) Sneak in during the night before Nanking realizes what's happening.
(b) Convince the Korean military to assist in the invasion.
(c) Take advantage of Nanking's trust.
(d) Take advantage of Nanking's geography.
3. Looting in the Safety Zone makes food so scarce that refugees are forced to eat all BUT WHICH of the following?
4. In what year during "The Fate of the Survivors" do seizures and a mental collapse force Robert Wilson to leave Nanking for Santa Barbara, California?
5. After the massacre, what is the estimated financial damage to public property in Nanking?
(a) $90 thousand.
(b) $200 million.
(c) $140 thousand.
(d) $836 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haru Murakawa organized a workshop so that Chang could meet with several Japanese and Asians about Nanking. In what year does the workshop take place?
2. In "The Fate of the Survivors," during what year does Lewis Smythe leave his job at Nanking University for Lexington Theological Seminary in Kentucky?
3. Tanaka Yuki believes that the Japanese army had great potential for brutality for two reasons. What is the first of those two reasons?
4. In the 12th Century, the Samurai became firmly established by which powerful Japanese family?
5. Decades later, what is still stunning about the way in which the Rape of Nanking was conducted?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)