|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Acknowledgments.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which infamous Nazi is Nakajima Kesago compared in the "Six Weeks of Terror" chapter?
2. In "The Nanking Safety Zone," which of the following do the International Committee members NOT have to provide for the refugees in the Safety Zone?
(c) Medical care.
3. Decades later, what is still stunning about the way in which the Rape of Nanking was conducted?
(a) It was limited to the military population.
(b) It was a public rampage.
(c) It went on for so long.
(d) It was very short.
4. Which of the following women helps Chang find the descendants of John Rabe?
(a) Nancy Tong.
(b) Barbara Masin.
(c) Martha Begemann.
(d) Susan Rabiner.
5. Ms. Chang informs the reader that the Rape of Nanking is told from all BUT WHICH of the following points of view?
(a) American/European observers.
(b) Chinese victims.
(c) Nazi government.
(d) Japanese military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Mikasa Takahito wrote a confessional report about Japanese atrocities that was buried for decades. In what year does Takahito's report emerge?
2. After the Japanese surrender, John Rabe begins to talk openly about what he witnessed in Nanking. In response, he is arrested by all BUT WHICH of the following governments?
3. In the Introduction, Ms. Chang quotes which of the following authors as stating that to forget a holocaust is to kill twice?
4. George Fitch's daughter states that her father is so traumatized after the Rape of Nanking that what frequently occurs?
5. The Epilogue states that the Rape of Nanking is just one example of Japanese atrocities during how many years of war?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)