|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Forgotten Holocause: A Second Rape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Kirby hold that qualifies him to write the Foreword for Ms. Chang's book?
(a) Professor of Modern Chinese History.
(b) President of Princeton.
(c) Professor of Modern Japanese History.
(d) President of Yale University.
2. According to Chang in "The Forgotten Holocaust," what is one of the most sinister parts of Japanese education?
(a) Grueling exams.
(b) Textbook censorship.
(c) Rigid discipline.
(d) Long school hours.
3. After Nanking falls, how many people are housed in the Safety Zone?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) Several hundred.
4. Which of the following individuals is appointed to the position of justice minister, gives an interview stating that the Nanking Massacre is a hoax, and is forced to resign in "The Forgotten Holocaust"?
(a) Sakurai Shin.
(b) Okuno Seisuki.
(c) General Nagano Shigeto.
(d) Fujio Masayuki.
5. Kirby states that Ms. Chang has drawn connections between which of the following?
(a) Japanese and Chinese crimes.
(b) Events in America and Europe.
(c) American ignorance and Asian arrogance.
(d) Slaughter in Europe and Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chang states in "The Forgotten Holocaust" that censorship in Japan is practiced not only by the government, but also by which other entity?
2. The Foreword mentions that the Rape of Nanking has haunted Chinese-Japanese relations for how many years?
3. After John Rabe's death, his family finally publishes his diary. It is covered by world media on what date?
4. One of the diary writers in "What the World Knew" is able to take several reels of film and smuggle them out of Nanking on which date?
5. Decades later, what is still stunning about the way in which the Rape of Nanking was conducted?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)