|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Forgotten Holocause: A Second Rape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his trial, Hisao is executed in a manner that many of the Nanking survivors believe to be much more humane than anything he'd done to his victims. How is Hisao executed?
(a) Lethal injection.
(b) Firing squad.
2. Japan succeeded in accomplishing war with China during the summer of which year?
3. By December during the occupation, Chang states that the population of Nanking has fallen to about how many people?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Fifty thousand.
(c) Three million.
(d) Half a million.
4. Which of the following American correspondents does Chang NOT mention in the "What the World Knew" chapter?
(a) C. Yates McDaniel.
(b) Martha Ella Gellhorn.
(c) Archibald Steele.
(d) Frank Tillman Durdin.
5. Decades later, what is still stunning about the way in which the Rape of Nanking was conducted?
(a) It was a public rampage.
(b) It went on for so long.
(c) It was very short.
(d) It was limited to the military population.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what time during 1938 does "The Occupation of Nanking" say the massacre is over?
2. Chang states in "The Forgotten Holocaust" that censorship in Japan is practiced not only by the government, but also by which other entity?
3. After the Japanese surrender, John Rabe begins to talk openly about what he witnessed in Nanking. In response, he is arrested by all BUT WHICH of the following governments?
4. The commander of Nanking is supposed to be at the docks to evacuate the city by 6:00 pm. What time is it when he actually arrives?
5. In "The Fall of Nanking," Chang states that Nanking has been occupied by foreign armies how many times?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)