|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Forgotten Holocause: A Second Rape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of "The Nanking Safety Zone," Chang states that the Safety Zone holds about how many refugees?
(a) Two to three hundred thousand.
(b) Three to four hundred.
(c) Six to eight hundred.
(d) Nine to twelve hundred.
2. In 1946, the International Military Tribunal for the Far East (IMTFE) begins trials in Tokyo. How long do those trials last?
(a) Six and a half years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) Four months.
3. After his trial, Hisao is executed in a manner that many of the Nanking survivors believe to be much more humane than anything he'd done to his victims. How is Hisao executed?
(a) Lethal injection.
(b) Firing squad.
4. After the order to retreat is given, what route is left open to leave Nanking without encountering Japanese soldiers?
5. Japanese soldiers break into Nanking University Hospital after the massacre and steal all BUT WHICH of the following from nurses?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Japanese victory at Shanghai, Chinese officials do all BUT WHICH of the following to prepare for possible attacks elsewhere?
2. A German diplomat reports that many Chinese women commit suicide by jumping into the Yangtze River between 1937 and 1938. Why?
3. At the end of "The Forgotten Holocaust," Azuma Shiro becomes the first Japanese veteran to apologize for his role in Nanking. During what year does this occur?
4. By which decade does the author state in "The Path to Nanking" that Japan had launched an undeclared war on China?
5. How does the American public initially respond when the article entitled "The Sack of Nanking" is published in magazines in the US?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)