|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Forgotten Holocause: A Second Rape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fall of Shanghai is a particularly hard blow to the leader of the Nationalists. Who is he?
(a) Chang Tien-Chun.
(b) Chiang Kai-shek.
(c) Frank Xing.
(d) Tang Sheng-chih.
2. What is the geographical area mentioned as the main site of the Japanese/Chinese conflict at the time Nanking fell?
(a) Hunan Gorge.
(b) Yangtze Valley.
(c) Sichuan Valley.
(d) Suzhou Plains.
3. In "The Fate of the Survivors," Chang states that she is able to videotape oral testimony from Nanking survivors during what year?
4. "The Path to Nanking" states that Japan's golden era of prosperity comes to an end during which decade?
5. Which of the following individuals is a cabinet secretary who claims that the rape victims were actually engaged in willful prostitution during "The Forgotten Holocaust"?
(a) Kajiyama Seiroku.
(b) Hashimoto Ryutaro.
(c) Murayama Tomiichi.
(d) Kim Young-sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In comparison to Germany, what percentage of war reparations has Japan paid the victims of Nanking?
2. One of the most high-profile trials described in chapter eight is for Tani Hisao. What military position does Hisao hold during the Rape of Nanking?
3. For how many years does the conflict between China and Japan last?
4. After the order to retreat is given, what route is left open to leave Nanking without encountering Japanese soldiers?
5. At the end of "The Forgotten Holocaust," Azuma Shiro becomes the first Japanese veteran to apologize for his role in Nanking. During what year does this occur?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)