|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Judgment Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the War Crimes committee is created, trials for class B and C war criminals begin when?
(a) September 1944.
(b) August 1946.
(c) March 1945.
(d) December 1945.
2. How many women does Chang say are raped during the Japanese occupation of Nanking?
(a) Between five and six thousand.
(b) Between twenty and eighty thousand.
(c) Between fifteen and eighteen thousand.
(d) Between three and four hundred.
3. The fall of Shanghai is a particularly hard blow to the leader of the Nationalists. Who is he?
(a) Chang Tien-Chun.
(b) Frank Xing.
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
(d) Tang Sheng-chih.
4. Why do the Japanese soldiers generally kill the women they rape after they've finished?
(a) Rape is officially prohibited by military command.
(b) So that angry husbands won't know who to blame.
(c) They don't want to pay the women their fee.
(d) In order to relieve the dishonor for the woman's family.
5. "Judgment Day" states that some of the worst atrocities in Nanking are committed by which man, who dies shortly after Japan's surrender?
(a) Hirota Koki.
(b) Matsui Iwane.
(c) Nakajima Kesago.
(d) Prince Asaka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tuberculosis strikes the first commander of the Japanese military. Who then takes over as the leader of the troops around Nanking?
2. "The Path to Nanking" states that Japan's golden era of prosperity comes to an end during which decade?
3. In "The Nanking Safety Zone," which of the following do the International Committee members NOT have to provide for the refugees in the Safety Zone?
4. In "The Fall of Nanking," how many divisions does the commander in charge of Nanking give authority to cross the Yangtze River?
5. Kirby states that Ms. Chang has drawn connections between which of the following?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)