|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Judgment Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the massacre, what is the estimated financial damage to public property in Nanking?
(a) $90 thousand.
(b) $200 million.
(c) $836 million.
(d) $140 thousand.
2. For how many years does the conflict between China and Japan last?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
3. Which Japanese news outlet begins to report that all is well and that Nanking's citizens are returning home in late December during the occupation?
4. After the massacre, the Japanese create a new government in Nanking. On what date is the Nanking Self-Government Committee created?
(a) February 6.
(b) December 28.
(c) January 1.
(d) January 20.
5. Japanese soldiers break into Nanking University Hospital after the massacre and steal all BUT WHICH of the following from nurses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is John Rabe?
2. Which Chinese city is known as "the Venice of China" and is completely devastated by the Japanese army?
3. According to Chang in "Six Weeks of Terror," what happens to the Japanese war criminals after Nanking?
4. Approximately how many Chinese civilians and former soldiers are killed during the mass execution near Mufu Mountain?
5. What title does Kirby hold that qualifies him to write the Foreword for Ms. Chang's book?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)