|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Six Weeks of Horror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Six Weeks of Horror," Chang states that Japanese soldiers use all BUT WHICH of the following methods to exterminate Chinese civilians?
(a) Death by dogs.
(b) Death by starvation.
(c) Death by fire.
(d) Death by ice.
2. A historian at the Jiangsu Academy of Social Sciences has compiled the most accurate estimate of how many were killed in Nanking. What figure has he reached?
3. By December during the occupation, Chang states that the population of Nanking has fallen to about how many people?
(a) Three million.
(b) Fifty thousand.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Half a million.
4. In the Foreword, what is the date given for the fall of Nanking?
(a) December 25.
(b) November 8.
(c) December 13.
(d) October 4.
5. To whom does the leader of the Nationalists shift the responsibility for defending Nanking after the fall of Shanghai?
(a) Tang Sheng-chih.
(b) Chang Tien-Chun.
(c) Chiang Kai-shek.
(d) Frank Xing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Japanese victory at Shanghai, Chinese officials do all BUT WHICH of the following to prepare for possible attacks elsewhere?
2. The Rape of Nanking was kept quiet by all BUT WHICH of the following countries?
3. On December 13, 1937, Japanese soldiers are ordered to execute all Chinese prisoners of war for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
4. After the order to retreat is given, what route is left open to leave Nanking without encountering Japanese soldiers?
5. In "Six Weeks of Horror," Chang states that prior to the war, the population of Nanking is about how many people?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)