|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Six Weeks of Horror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Six Weeks of Horror," Chang states that Japanese soldiers use all BUT WHICH of the following methods to exterminate Chinese civilians?
(a) Death by dogs.
(b) Death by fire.
(c) Death by starvation.
(d) Death by ice.
2. Which of the following military commanders is initially in charge of the Japanese imperial army for the Shanghai-Nanking region?
3. All BUT WHICH of the following groups of citizens remain in Nanking after the soldiers leave the city?
(c) Government leaders.
4. What event does the author mention in the Introduction that prompted many Nanking survivors to speak out about the massacre?
(a) Pacification of Manchukuo.
(b) Tiananmen Square.
(c) Long March.
(d) Opium War.
5. Japan succeeded in accomplishing war with China during the summer of which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Kirby hold that qualifies him to write the Foreword for Ms. Chang's book?
2. In the Foreword, what is the date given for the fall of Nanking?
3. In "Six Weeks of Horror," Chang states that prior to the war, the population of Nanking is about how many people?
4. In his book, Lieutenant Colonel Hashimoto Kingoro wrote that Japan could escape the pressures of surplus population in all BUT WHICH of the following ways?
5. For how long does the most violent part of the Rape of Nanking last?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)