|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Six Weeks of Horror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Chinese city is known as "the Venice of China" and is completely devastated by the Japanese army?
2. In the 12th Century, the Samurai became firmly established by which powerful Japanese family?
3. To whom does Kirby refer when he states that Ms. Chang has used the unimpeachable testimony of third-party observers?
(a) Government officials and historians.
(b) Foreign missionaries and businessmen.
(c) Newspapers and tabloids.
(d) Victims and perpetrators.
4. For how long does the most violent part of the Rape of Nanking last?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six days.
5. To which atmosphere could the elementary schools of Japan best be compared?
(a) Home school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year does a group of officers launch a coup d'etat in Tokyo that kills the Prime Minister?
2. According to Chang in "Six Weeks of Terror," what happens to the Japanese war criminals after Nanking?
3. In what year does Japan withdraw from the League of Nations?
4. All BUT WHICH of the following groups of citizens remain in Nanking after the soldiers leave the city?
5. Chang says in "The Fall of Nanking" that which of her own family members barely manage to stay together while evacuating Nanking?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)