|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of Nanking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kirby states that Ms. Chang has drawn connections between which of the following?
(a) American ignorance and Asian arrogance.
(b) Slaughter in Europe and Asia.
(c) Japanese and Chinese crimes.
(d) Events in America and Europe.
2. According to the Introduction, Americans think that World War II began in which year?
3. What is the geographical area mentioned as the main site of the Japanese/Chinese conflict at the time Nanking fell?
(a) Yangtze Valley.
(b) Hunan Gorge.
(c) Sichuan Valley.
(d) Suzhou Plains.
4. By December of 1937, how many Chinese troops populate the area around Nanking?
5. In "The Fall of Nanking," Chang states that Nanking has been occupied by foreign armies how many times?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following military commanders is initially in charge of the Japanese imperial army for the Shanghai-Nanking region?
2. What does the Japanese government do in response to the mass rape committed by soldiers in Nanking?
3. On December 13, 1937, Japanese soldiers are ordered to execute all Chinese prisoners of war for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
4. How long does Japan initially believe it will take to conquer mainland China?
5. The Foreword mentions that the Rape of Nanking has haunted Chinese-Japanese relations for how many years?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)