|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of Nanking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kirby mentions in the Foreword that the Rape of Nanking accomplished what in the eyes of the world?
(a) Turned public opinion against China.
(b) Turned public opinion against both Japan and China.
(c) Had no effect on public opinion.
(d) Turned public opinion against Japan.
2. Kirby states that all BUT WHICH of Japan's following actions took place in stark contrast to conventional rules of warfare?
(a) Execution of soldiers.
(b) Rape of civilians.
(d) Execution of civilians.
3. In comparison to Germany, what percentage of war reparations has Japan paid the victims of Nanking?
(a) About 15%.
(b) Less than 1%.
(d) More than 50%.
4. On what date does the commander who is left in charge of Nanking receive orders from the leader of the Nationalists to abandon the city?
(a) December 11.
(b) January 3.
(c) December 29.
(d) November 26.
5. By December of 1937, how many Chinese troops populate the area around Nanking?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Foreword mentions that the Rape of Nanking has haunted Chinese-Japanese relations for how many years?
2. In his book, Lieutenant Colonel Hashimoto Kingoro wrote that Japan could escape the pressures of surplus population in all BUT WHICH of the following ways?
3. Which of the following does the author NOT discover is a published book on the subject of Nanking?
4. What mood does the commander of Nanking find when he arrives at the river dock?
5. In the Foreword, what is the date given for the fall of Nanking?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)