|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of Nanking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Path to Nanking" states that Japan's golden era of prosperity comes to an end during which decade?
2. Why do the Japanese soldiers generally kill the women they rape after they've finished?
(a) So that angry husbands won't know who to blame.
(b) In order to relieve the dishonor for the woman's family.
(c) They don't want to pay the women their fee.
(d) Rape is officially prohibited by military command.
3. On December 13, 1937, Japanese soldiers are ordered to execute all Chinese prisoners of war for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) Prevention of guerrilla forces.
(b) Food shortage.
(c) Fear of retaliation.
(d) Free up space.
4. Kirby mentions in the Foreword that Nanking prompted China to do all BUT WHICH of the following?
(d) Give up.
5. After the Japanese victory at Shanghai, Chinese officials do all BUT WHICH of the following to prepare for possible attacks elsewhere?
(a) Order civilians out of the cities.
(b) Order residents to camouflage homes.
(c) Have citizens build bomb shelters.
(d) Hold practice air-raid drills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kirby states that Ms. Chang has drawn connections between which of the following?
2. What kind of resistance does the Japanese army meet when it gets to Nanking?
3. Which of the following does the author NOT discover is a published book on the subject of Nanking?
4. According to the Introduction, Africans believe World War II began in which year?
5. To whom does Kirby refer when he states that Ms. Chang has used the unimpeachable testimony of third-party observers?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)