|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Six Weeks of Terror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his book, Lieutenant Colonel Hashimoto Kingoro wrote that Japan could escape the pressures of surplus population in all BUT WHICH of the following ways?
(b) Greater food production.
(c) Territory expansion.
(d) Advance into world markets.
2. Tuberculosis strikes the first commander of the Japanese military. Who then takes over as the leader of the troops around Nanking?
3. Kirby states that all BUT WHICH of Japan's following actions took place in stark contrast to conventional rules of warfare?
(a) Execution of soldiers.
(c) Execution of civilians.
(d) Rape of civilians.
4. How long does Japan initially believe it will take to conquer mainland China?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
5. Japan succeeded in accomplishing war with China during the summer of which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which atmosphere could the elementary schools of Japan best be compared?
2. What title does Kirby hold that qualifies him to write the Foreword for Ms. Chang's book?
3. What kind of resistance does the Japanese army meet when it gets to Nanking?
4. What does the Japanese government do in response to the mass rape committed by soldiers in Nanking?
5. What nationality is John Rabe?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)