|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Introduction, the author cites what fact as her primary motivation for writing this book?
(a) American ignorance of the massacre.
(b) Japanese distortion of history.
(c) Chinese indifference to the victims.
(d) African massacres.
2. In the Foreword, what is the date given for the fall of Nanking?
(a) December 13.
(b) November 8.
(c) October 4.
(d) December 25.
3. According to the Introduction, Europeans date the beginning of World War II in which year?
4. According to the Introduction, Africans believe World War II began in which year?
5. During which year does the author say she first realized the Nanking massacre was historically accurate and not simply myth?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Kirby refer when he states that Ms. Chang has used the unimpeachable testimony of third-party observers?
2. According to the Introduction, Americans think that World War II began in which year?
3. According to Ms. Chang, why is the Rape of Nanking not as well known as the Holocaust or Hiroshima?
4. When does the author first learn about the Rape of Nanking?
5. Shao Tzuping, one of the producers of a documentary on The Rape of Nanking, had served in all BUT WHICH of the following positions?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)