|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Forgotten Holocause: A Second Rape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Japan succeeded in accomplishing war with China during the summer of which year?
2. What is the geographical area mentioned as the main site of the Japanese/Chinese conflict at the time Nanking fell?
(a) Yangtze Valley.
(b) Hunan Gorge.
(c) Sichuan Valley.
(d) Suzhou Plains.
3. In "Six Weeks of Horror," who is the woman who fights back against the Japanese rapists?
(a) Sun Zhaiwei.
(b) Li Xouying.
(c) Ohta Hisao.
(d) Liu Fang-chu.
4. Which of the following individuals is the director of the Japanese environmental agency who comments that Japan never intended to be aggressive and is forced to retract the statement in "The Forgotten Holocaust"?
(a) Okuno Seisuki.
(b) Sakurai Shin.
(c) Fujio Masayuki.
(d) General Nagano Shigeto.
5. Which of the following does the author NOT discover is a published book on the subject of Nanking?
(a) Two Months of Terror.
(b) Tree of Heaven.
(c) Undeniable History in Photographs.
(d) Tend of Orange Mist.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Kirby refer when he states that Ms. Chang has used the unimpeachable testimony of third-party observers?
2. Ono Kenji has co-edited a book on the Nanking massacre, the first work to be based completely on Japanese sources. During what year is the book published?
3. The Rape of Nanking was kept quiet by all BUT WHICH of the following countries?
4. In "The Fate of the Survivors," during what year does Lewis Smythe leave his job at Nanking University for Lexington Theological Seminary in Kentucky?
5. The end of "Judgment Day" states that Emperor Hirohito dies in what year?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)