|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Six Weeks of Terror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Rape of Nanking, the Japanese outdo all BUT WHICH of the following massacres?
(a) Christians during Spanish Inquisition.
(b) Timur Lenk at Delhi.
(c) Stalin in Russia.
(d) Romans at Carthage.
2. Which of the following military commanders is initially in charge of the Japanese imperial army for the Shanghai-Nanking region?
3. Chang states in "Six Weeks of Terror" that one of the Japanese military leaders is known as "the masked shogun" because information about this person is scarce. To which leader does she refer?
4. In the Foreword, what is the date given for the fall of Nanking?
(a) October 4.
(b) December 13.
(c) November 8.
(d) December 25.
5. In what year does China's war with Japan end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Kirby hold that qualifies him to write the Foreword for Ms. Chang's book?
2. What nationality is John Rabe?
3. According to Chang in "Six Weeks of Terror," what happens to the Japanese war criminals after Nanking?
4. What is the geographical area mentioned as the main site of the Japanese/Chinese conflict at the time Nanking fell?
5. Approximately how many Chinese civilians and former soldiers are killed during the mass execution near Mufu Mountain?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)