|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Six Weeks of Terror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the geographical area mentioned as the main site of the Japanese/Chinese conflict at the time Nanking fell?
(a) Suzhou Plains.
(b) Hunan Gorge.
(c) Yangtze Valley.
(d) Sichuan Valley.
2. The Foreword mentions that the Rape of Nanking has haunted Chinese-Japanese relations for how many years?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Ninety years.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Forty years.
3. During the Rape of Nanking, the Japanese outdo all BUT WHICH of the following massacres?
(a) Timur Lenk at Delhi.
(b) Romans at Carthage.
(c) Stalin in Russia.
(d) Christians during Spanish Inquisition.
4. Which of the following military commanders is initially in charge of the Japanese imperial army for the Shanghai-Nanking region?
5. In the 12th Century, the Samurai became firmly established by which powerful Japanese family?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his book, Lieutenant Colonel Hashimoto Kingoro wrote that Japan could escape the pressures of surplus population in all BUT WHICH of the following ways?
2. In comparison to Germany, what percentage of war reparations has Japan paid the victims of Nanking?
3. Why, according to Kirby, is Ms. Chang's book so important?
4. Kirby mentions in the Foreword that Nanking prompted China to do all BUT WHICH of the following?
5. Tuberculosis strikes the first commander of the Japanese military. Who then takes over as the leader of the troops around Nanking?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)