|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Six Weeks of Terror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does the most violent part of the Rape of Nanking last?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Six days.
2. Kirby mentions in the Foreword that the Rape of Nanking accomplished what in the eyes of the world?
(a) Had no effect on public opinion.
(b) Turned public opinion against Japan.
(c) Turned public opinion against both Japan and China.
(d) Turned public opinion against China.
3. In "The Path to Nanking," the author states that the Japanese Samurai code of conduct is called what?
4. To whom does Kirby refer when he states that Ms. Chang has used the unimpeachable testimony of third-party observers?
(a) Government officials and historians.
(b) Foreign missionaries and businessmen.
(c) Victims and perpetrators.
(d) Newspapers and tabloids.
5. The Foreword states that the occupation of Nanking was supposed to be a turning point for the Japanese in the struggle against which leader's armies?
(a) Chiang Kai-shek.
(b) Asaka Yasuhiko.
(c) Tang Sheng-chih.
(d) Nakajima Kesago.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Foreword mentions that the Rape of Nanking has haunted Chinese-Japanese relations for how many years?
2. What World War II event has helped the world believe the myth that Japan was a victim and not an instigator?
3. In the Introduction, Ms. Chang quotes which of the following authors as stating that to forget a holocaust is to kill twice?
4. In what year does the Meiji government of Japan send a naval fleet to Korea to force a commerce agreement?
5. When Nanking falls, Japanese soldiers round up tens of thousands of Chinese men and commit all BUT WHICH of the following atrocities?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)