|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Six Weeks of Terror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Decades later, what is still stunning about the way in which the Rape of Nanking was conducted?
(a) It was very short.
(b) It went on for so long.
(c) It was a public rampage.
(d) It was limited to the military population.
2. Chang states in "Six Weeks of Terror" that one of the Japanese military leaders is known as "the masked shogun" because information about this person is scarce. To which leader does she refer?
3. In what year does China's war with Japan end?
4. In "The Path to Nanking," the author states that the Japanese Samurai code of conduct is called what?
5. By which decade does the author state in "The Path to Nanking" that Japan had launched an undeclared war on China?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years does the conflict between China and Japan last?
2. In the Introduction, Ms. Chang quotes which of the following authors as stating that to forget a holocaust is to kill twice?
3. On December 13, 1937, Japanese soldiers are ordered to execute all Chinese prisoners of war for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
4. What kind of resistance does the Japanese army meet when it gets to Nanking?
5. In comparison to Germany, what percentage of war reparations has Japan paid the victims of Nanking?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)