|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fate of the Survivors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Fate of the Survivors" states that many of the victims of Nanking continue to suffer all BUT WHICH of the following?
2. In "The Fate of the Survivors," Chang states that she is able to videotape oral testimony from Nanking survivors during what year?
3. Toward the end of "The Nanking Safety Zone," Chang states that the Safety Zone holds about how many refugees?
(a) Three to four hundred.
(b) Two to three hundred thousand.
(c) Six to eight hundred.
(d) Nine to twelve hundred.
4. Looting in the Safety Zone makes food so scarce that refugees are forced to eat all BUT WHICH of the following?
5. In what year during "The Fate of the Survivors" does the People's Republic of China announce that it has forgiven Japan and invites the Japanese prime minister to visit China?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship on which most foreign diplomats leave Nanking right before it falls to the Japanese?
2. To which infamous Nazi is Nakajima Kesago compared in the "Six Weeks of Terror" chapter?
3. In "The Fate of the Survivors," during what year does Lewis Smythe leave his job at Nanking University for Lexington Theological Seminary in Kentucky?
4. In "The Nanking Safety Zone," which individual does Chang first discuss?
5. After John Rabe's death, his family finally publishes his diary. It is covered by world media on what date?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)