1. In the Foreword, what is the date given for the fall of Nanking?
(a) December 25.
(b) December 13.
(c) October 4.
(d) November 8.
2. The Foreword states that the occupation of Nanking was supposed to be a turning point for the Japanese in the struggle against which leader's armies?
(a) Chiang Kai-shek.
(b) Nakajima Kesago.
(c) Asaka Yasuhiko.
(d) Tang Sheng-chih.
3. What is the geographical area mentioned as the main site of the Japanese/Chinese conflict at the time Nanking fell?
(a) Sichuan Valley.
(b) Suzhou Plains.
(c) Yangtze Valley.
(d) Hunan Gorge.
4. Kirby mentions in the Foreword that Nanking prompted China to do all BUT WHICH of the following?
(a) Give up.
5. In what year does China's war with Japan end?
6. For how many years does the conflict between China and Japan last?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
7. Kirby mentions in the Foreword that the Rape of Nanking accomplished what in the eyes of the world?
(a) Turned public opinion against both Japan and China.
(b) Turned public opinion against Japan.
(c) Had no effect on public opinion.
(d) Turned public opinion against China.
This section contains 4,802 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)