1. In the Foreword, what is the date given for the fall of Nanking?
(a) November 8.
(b) December 13.
(c) December 25.
(d) October 4.
2. The Foreword states that the occupation of Nanking was supposed to be a turning point for the Japanese in the struggle against which leader's armies?
(a) Nakajima Kesago.
(b) Chiang Kai-shek.
(c) Asaka Yasuhiko.
(d) Tang Sheng-chih.
3. What is the geographical area mentioned as the main site of the Japanese/Chinese conflict at the time Nanking fell?
(a) Sichuan Valley.
(b) Suzhou Plains.
(c) Hunan Gorge.
(d) Yangtze Valley.
4. Kirby mentions in the Foreword that Nanking prompted China to do all BUT WHICH of the following?
(c) Give up.
5. In what year does China's war with Japan end?
6. For how many years does the conflict between China and Japan last?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
7. Kirby mentions in the Foreword that the Rape of Nanking accomplished what in the eyes of the world?
(a) Turned public opinion against both Japan and China.
(b) Turned public opinion against China.
(c) Had no effect on public opinion.
(d) Turned public opinion against Japan.
This section contains 4,802 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)