* Foreword is written by Professor William Kirby of Harvard University.
* Kirby introduces Iris Chang's book.
* Kirby gives a great deal of statistical information about the Rape of Nanking.
* The Foreword gives a brief synopsis of the atrocities committed by Japanese soldiers during the occupation of Nanking.
* Kirby introduces Chang's source material.
* Kirby expresses personal horror at the massacre and support of Chang's efforts to publicize the tragedy.
* Chang notes that few massacres match the scale of the atrocities at Nanking.
* She notes that Japan has not only escaped paying war reparations, but that the nation has never admitted the massacre occurred.
* A number of statistics are given to better illustrate the grim reality of the Nanking massacre.
* Chang gives a basic but brutal description of common Japanese practices toward Chinese victims.
* Chang states her motives in publishing the book, namely that most of the world is...
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)