|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
2. What did Mark claim Lori was when they were growing up?
3. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
4. What did Marvin want Lori to write down (because of this, she kept a paper and pencil by her bed)?
5. In Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989", what did Lori state that she "tried to understand about"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori is ruled by her behaviors. Throughout the text, Lori's behaviors are detailed. Choose three of the most pertinent behaviors and describe 1) where the behavior stemmed from; 2) what preceded the behavior; 3) how Lori felt about the behavior; and 4) the consequence of the behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
Essay Topic 3
At many times throughout the text, Lori "finds" herself back in a hospital. Do you think that Lori forced her way back into hospitals for a reason? Do you think that, even though Lori hated the hospitals, the hospitals were the one place that she felt the safest? Support your answers textually.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)