|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
2. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
3. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
4. Who did Lori see, in a hallucination, from her past whom she had not thought of in ten years?
5. What was the name of Marvin's secretary that would always put Lori's calls through immediately whenever she called his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
2. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
3. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
4. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
5. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
6. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
7. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
8. At New York Hospital, in late 1985, what was different about Lori's stay than the previous time?
9. What did Lori bring with her to 3 South?
10. What did Lori do to get thrown out of Futura House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori was required to submit to many different treatments. Which of the treatments do you believe was the best for her? Explain in full detail why. (Use other treatments' shortcomings to support your belief.
Essay Topic 2
Lori had to overcome her Voices to get better. Track the specific things that Lori did to control her Voices. What did she have to do? What worked? What didn't? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Lori's Voices are personified given the capitalization of the "V". Why do you believe that Lori personified her Voices? What did this do for the Voices? What did it do for Lori?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)