|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Lori's doctor in the extended care unit?
2. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
3. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
4. At what holiday did Mark and Sally plan on announcing their engagement?
5. What did Mark admit made him less understanding of Lori's illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
2. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
3. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
4. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
5. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
6. What did Lori bring with her to 3 South?
7. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
8. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
9. How did Lori master the Quiet Room?
10. What did Lori do to get thrown out of Futura House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori was required to submit to many different treatments. Which of the treatments do you believe was the best for her? Explain in full detail why. (Use other treatments' shortcomings to support your belief.
Essay Topic 2
Lori's illness changed dramatically when she began taking clozapine. Describe the changes that Lori went through while on clozapine. What did she struggle with initially? How did the drug come to help her in the end? How was it different from all other drugs that she had taken previously?
Essay Topic 3
Lori is ruled by her behaviors. Throughout the text, Lori's behaviors are detailed. Choose three of the most pertinent behaviors and describe 1) where the behavior stemmed from; 2) what preceded the behavior; 3) how Lori felt about the behavior; and 4) the consequence of the behavior.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)