|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
2. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
3. What sounds caused Lori to call the police from her mental hospital?
4. Who could hear Lori's Voices?
5. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
2. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
3. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
4. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
5. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
6. Why did Marvin Schiller, in Chapter 13, state that Lori's job as a waitress was good for her?
7. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
8. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
9. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
10. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
Essay Topic 2
The Quiet Room (the room itself) was a necessary part of Lori's recovery. Describe what the Quiet Room was to Lori. What did it begin as for her? How did she force a change in the Quiet Room? What did the Quiet Room become for her?
Essay Topic 3
Both Nancy and Marvin Schiller reacted differently to Lori's illness. Compare and contrast Lori's parent's feelings and actions regarding Lori's illness.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)