Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
2. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
3. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
4. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
5. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
Essay Topic 1
What clues does the text provide to allow one to make genetic connections between Lori's illness and her family? Who admits that Lori's illness may have come from their side of the family? Why is this connection made? Do you believe that this is why Lori's parent acts differently than the other? Why?/Why not?
Essay Topic 2
Lori had to overcome her Voices to get better. Track the specific things that Lori did to control her Voices. What did she have to do? What worked? What didn't? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Lori is able to write about her illness in a very honest and explicit way. Explain the importance of this format for both Lori and the reader. Why is Lori's honesty important for her? Why is it important for the reader? What does this honesty do for the text itself? What may it do for those suffering from schizophrenia?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)