|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the "power struggle" at Marvin's work had ended, over how many offices did Martin have responsibility over?
2. As a child, what kind of "typical" kid did Mark describe himself as?
3. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
4. How much did Lori pay to join a dating service?
5. What was the scale that Lori came up with to determine the strength of the Voices?
Essay Topic 1
Control was a main theme of the text. Find three examples where the theme of control was highlighted and explain why this example was centered around control.
Essay Topic 2
At many times throughout the text, Lori "finds" herself back in a hospital. Do you think that Lori forced her way back into hospitals for a reason? Do you think that, even though Lori hated the hospitals, the hospitals were the one place that she felt the safest? Support your answers textually.
Essay Topic 3
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)