|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
2. What did the status "C.O." mean?
3. What serial killer did Lori see in a hallucination?
4. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
5. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
2. Describe the Quiet Room.
3. What did Lori do to get thrown out of Futura House?
4. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
5. What did "C.O" stand for and represent?
6. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
7. What were the two choices that Lori was given regarding her stay at 3 South?
8. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
9. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
10. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Control was a main theme of the text. Find three examples where the theme of control was highlighted and explain why this example was centered around control.
Essay Topic 2
Both Nancy and Marvin Schiller reacted differently to Lori's illness. Compare and contrast Lori's parent's feelings and actions regarding Lori's illness.
Essay Topic 3
The Quiet Room (the room itself) was a necessary part of Lori's recovery. Describe what the Quiet Room was to Lori. What did it begin as for her? How did she force a change in the Quiet Room? What did the Quiet Room become for her?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)