|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds caused Lori to call the police from her mental hospital?
2. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
3. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
4. After being removed from Dr. Brockland's office, what did Lori use to wrap around her neck in another one of her suicide attempts?
5. What did Mark admit made him less understanding of Lori's illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
2. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
3. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
4. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
5. At New York Hospital, in late 1985, what was different about Lori's stay than the previous time?
6. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
7. Why did Lori state that she liked Rye Psychiatric?
8. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
9. What did Lori do to get thrown out of Futura House?
10. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
Essay Topic 2
Lori had to overcome her Voices to get better. Track the specific things that Lori did to control her Voices. What did she have to do? What worked? What didn't? Why?
Essay Topic 3
At many points throughout the text, Lori admits to losing past ties with friends and her life prior to her illness. Do you think that Lori needed to move on past her past? Why? Was this necessary for her to become well? Explain using textual evidence.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)