|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
2. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
3. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
4. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
5. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
Essay Topic 1
Lori's Voices are personified given the capitalization of the "V". Why do you believe that Lori personified her Voices? What did this do for the Voices? What did it do for Lori?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Lori's need for cocaine. What did it do for her? Why did it seem to help her? How did it harm her?
Essay Topic 3
At many points throughout the text, Lori admits to losing past ties with friends and her life prior to her illness. Do you think that Lori needed to move on past her past? Why? Was this necessary for her to become well? Explain using textual evidence.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)