|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
2. After being removed from Dr. Brockland's office, what did Lori use to wrap around her neck in another one of her suicide attempts?
3. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
4. Why did being at New York Hospital (1987) frighten Lori?
5. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
2. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
3. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
4. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
5. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
6. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
7. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
8. What did "C.O" stand for and represent?
9. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
10. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori had to overcome her Voices to get better. Track the specific things that Lori did to control her Voices. What did she have to do? What worked? What didn't? Why?
Essay Topic 2
At many times throughout the text, Lori "finds" herself back in a hospital. Do you think that Lori forced her way back into hospitals for a reason? Do you think that, even though Lori hated the hospitals, the hospitals were the one place that she felt the safest? Support your answers textually.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lori's need for cocaine. What did it do for her? Why did it seem to help her? How did it harm her?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)