|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
2. Who did Lori go on a date with, set up by the dating service, that allowed her to come home laughing after the date was over?
3. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
4. Where did Lori sign herself into in November of 1985?
5. What did Dr. Fischer and Dr. Doller say the Voices were a part of, when explaining them to Lori?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Quiet Room (the room itself) was a necessary part of Lori's recovery. Describe what the Quiet Room was to Lori. What did it begin as for her? How did she force a change in the Quiet Room? What did the Quiet Room become for her?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think the chapters that showed Lori's journaling and the hospital records added to the text? Do you think that these were necessary additions to the text? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)