|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
2. How much did Lori pay to join a dating service?
3. What was the name of Lori's doctor in the extended care unit?
4. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
5. What color was the comforter that Lori's mother bought her?
Short Essay Questions
1. At New York Hospital, in late 1985, what was different about Lori's stay than the previous time?
2. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
3. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
4. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
5. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
6. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
7. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
8. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
9. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
10. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Control was a main theme of the text. Find three examples where the theme of control was highlighted and explain why this example was centered around control.
Essay Topic 2
What do you think the chapters that showed Lori's journaling and the hospital records added to the text? Do you think that these were necessary additions to the text? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)