|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
2. What did wear to school one time in hopes that someone would ask what was wrong?
3. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
4. What did Mark admit made him less understanding of Lori's illness?
5. How old was Marvin turning when Lori stood up and thanked him for his support while she was in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
2. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
3. How did Lori master the Quiet Room?
4. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
5. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
6. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
7. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
8. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
9. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
10. Describe the Quiet Room.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori is ruled by her behaviors. Throughout the text, Lori's behaviors are detailed. Choose three of the most pertinent behaviors and describe 1) where the behavior stemmed from; 2) what preceded the behavior; 3) how Lori felt about the behavior; and 4) the consequence of the behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Both Nancy and Marvin Schiller reacted differently to Lori's illness. Compare and contrast Lori's parent's feelings and actions regarding Lori's illness.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)