|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
2. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
3. Who did Lori say that she tried to find so that she could obtain some cocaine?
4. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
5. What was the name of the store that Melvin and Lori would stop at and he would buy her a Diet Coke and a soft pretzel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
2. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
3. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
4. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
5. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
6. Why did Marvin Schiller, in Chapter 13, state that Lori's job as a waitress was good for her?
7. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
8. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
9. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
10. Why did Lori state that she liked Rye Psychiatric?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think the chapters that showed Lori's journaling and the hospital records added to the text? Do you think that these were necessary additions to the text? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)