|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori go on a date with, set up by the dating service, that allowed her to come home laughing after the date was over?
2. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
3. What did Lori come to realize that the Voices had behind them?
4. What was the name of Marvin's secretary that would always put Lori's calls through immediately whenever she called his office?
5. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
Essay Topic 1
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
Essay Topic 2
At many times throughout the text, Lori "finds" herself back in a hospital. Do you think that Lori forced her way back into hospitals for a reason? Do you think that, even though Lori hated the hospitals, the hospitals were the one place that she felt the safest? Support your answers textually.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)