|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
2. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
3. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
4. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
5. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one activity that the staff taught Lori in order to "teach you [her] ways to feel the storm before it arrives.". Why do you believe this activity worked? Did not work? What was the importance of understanding the onslaught of an outburst? How did this help Lori?
Essay Topic 2
The Quiet Room (the room itself) was a necessary part of Lori's recovery. Describe what the Quiet Room was to Lori. What did it begin as for her? How did she force a change in the Quiet Room? What did the Quiet Room become for her?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)