|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori say that she "mastered" in Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989"?
2. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
3. Who did Lori go on a date with, set up by the dating service, that allowed her to come home laughing after the date was over?
4. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
5. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the two choices that Lori was given regarding her stay at 3 South?
2. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
3. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
4. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
5. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
6. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
7. What did Lori bring with her to 3 South?
8. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
9. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
10. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
Essay Topic 2
What importance did the Search for Change halfway house have for Lori? What did she need to learn there? How did she change during her time there? How important was Search for Change in Lori's success at beating her illness?
Essay Topic 3
Lori met with many doctors throughout her time in the hospitals. Choose one doctor and explain why you believe that this doctor did the most for Lori. What specific things did this doctor do that helped Lori the most?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)