|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Lori say "plagued her" from her childhood?
2. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
3. What did Lori hear the first time the Voices spoke to her?
4. What words did Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982" open with?
5. Who did Nancy say blamed them self for Lori's problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
2. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
3. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
4. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
5. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
6. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
7. In Chapter 11, why did Lori state that she hated the hospital?
8. What did Lori Winters, in Chapter 4, state was the reason that she called 911?
9. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
10. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
Essay Topic 2
Both Nancy and Marvin Schiller reacted differently to Lori's illness. Compare and contrast Lori's parent's feelings and actions regarding Lori's illness.
Essay Topic 3
At many points throughout the text, Lori admits to losing past ties with friends and her life prior to her illness. Do you think that Lori needed to move on past her past? Why? Was this necessary for her to become well? Explain using textual evidence.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)