|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lori Winters from originally?
2. When Steven was eleven what did he want to be (as noted in Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982")?
3. Where did Lori and Lori live while they were waiting for their apartment to be ready? (As notated in Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982".)
4. Who did Nancy say blamed them self for Lori's problems?
5. Where did Lori spend the first semester of her junior year of college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
2. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
3. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
4. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
5. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
6. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
7. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
8. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
9. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
10. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori's Voices are personified given the capitalization of the "V". Why do you believe that Lori personified her Voices? What did this do for the Voices? What did it do for Lori?
Essay Topic 2
What importance did the Search for Change halfway house have for Lori? What did she need to learn there? How did she change during her time there? How important was Search for Change in Lori's success at beating her illness?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think the chapters that showed Lori's journaling and the hospital records added to the text? Do you think that these were necessary additions to the text? Why or why not?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)