Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981", what did Lori state came more often than torment?
2. What position did Lori Schiller have with the Miss Universe Pageant?
3. What season did Lori Winters find especially "wonderful" in New York?
4. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
5. Why did Lori want to get out of the hospital in 1983?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
2. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
3. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
4. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
5. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
6. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
7. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
8. What did Marvin Schiller learn from the late night phone call, in March of 1982, from Lori Winters?
9. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
10. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
The Quiet Room (the room itself) was a necessary part of Lori's recovery. Describe what the Quiet Room was to Lori. What did it begin as for her? How did she force a change in the Quiet Room? What did the Quiet Room become for her?
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
Control was a main theme of the text. Find three examples where the theme of control was highlighted and explain why this example was centered around control.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)