|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
2. Why did Lori Schiller get fired from the real estate company?
3. What did Lori Winters tell Marvin that Lori had tried to do when the police had arrived at their apartment?
4. During their senior year at college, what did Lori Winters and other college friends believe was wrong with Lori?
5. What did Nancy's parents do constantly when she was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
2. Why was Steven Schiller really afraid of what had happened to his sister?
3. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
4. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
5. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
6. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
7. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
8. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
9. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
10. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori was required to submit to many different treatments. Which of the treatments do you believe was the best for her? Explain in full detail why. (Use other treatments' shortcomings to support your belief.
Essay Topic 2
At many points throughout the text, Lori admits to losing past ties with friends and her life prior to her illness. Do you think that Lori needed to move on past her past? Why? Was this necessary for her to become well? Explain using textual evidence.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lori's need for cocaine. What did it do for her? Why did it seem to help her? How did it harm her?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)