|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lori spend the first semester of her junior year of college?
2. Where did Lori Winters plan on working when she moved back to her home city?
3. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
4. What did Nancy's parents do constantly when she was a child?
5. When Lori described how much medication she took, what did she state it was difficult for her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
2. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
3. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
4. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
5. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
6. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
7. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
8. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
9. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
10. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one activity that the staff taught Lori in order to "teach you [her] ways to feel the storm before it arrives.". Why do you believe this activity worked? Did not work? What was the importance of understanding the onslaught of an outburst? How did this help Lori?
Essay Topic 2
What clues does the text provide to allow one to make genetic connections between Lori's illness and her family? Who admits that Lori's illness may have come from their side of the family? Why is this connection made? Do you believe that this is why Lori's parent acts differently than the other? Why?/Why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)