|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982" open with?
2. What college did Lori end up being accepted to and enrolling in?
3. During the summer of what year did Lori's family drive across country?
4. Where was the "sweet guy" from that was "serious enough to want to marry" Lori?
5. What medication did doctors say that Lori needed to take for her schizophrenia?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
2. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
3. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
4. What did Lori Winters, in Chapter 4, state was the reason that she called 911?
5. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
6. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
7. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
8. What single event triggered the Voices when Lori was at camp?
9. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
10. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one activity that the staff taught Lori in order to "teach you [her] ways to feel the storm before it arrives.". Why do you believe this activity worked? Did not work? What was the importance of understanding the onslaught of an outburst? How did this help Lori?
Essay Topic 2
The Quiet Room (the room itself) was a necessary part of Lori's recovery. Describe what the Quiet Room was to Lori. What did it begin as for her? How did she force a change in the Quiet Room? What did the Quiet Room become for her?
Essay Topic 3
Both Nancy and Marvin Schiller reacted differently to Lori's illness. Compare and contrast Lori's parent's feelings and actions regarding Lori's illness.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)