|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Lori that her parents hated her?
2. In what year did Lori first fall in love at camp?
3. What was Lori constantly afraid of given the Voices kept saying it would be her fate?
4. What movie did Lori state "psychotic" meant?
5. What position did Lori Schiller have with the Miss Universe Pageant?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
2. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
3. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
4. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
5. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
6. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
7. In Chapter 11, why did Lori state that she hated the hospital?
8. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
9. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
10. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At many times throughout the text, Lori "finds" herself back in a hospital. Do you think that Lori forced her way back into hospitals for a reason? Do you think that, even though Lori hated the hospitals, the hospitals were the one place that she felt the safest? Support your answers textually.
Essay Topic 2
Lori's Voices are personified given the capitalization of the "V". Why do you believe that Lori personified her Voices? What did this do for the Voices? What did it do for Lori?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the times that Lori exploded at her parents. Why do you believe she did this? How did it help her in her illness? How did it harm her in her illness? Based upon the text, why do you think that Lori's outbursts may have been a step in the right direction towards controlling her illness? Or do you disagree? Why? Support your answer.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)