|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori steal from Steve's sundae shop?
2. What was the name of the camp that Lori had attended for many years?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981", what did Lori state came more often than torment?
4. What hospital did Lori's parents meet her at March of 1985?
5. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
2. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
3. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
4. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
5. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
6. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
7. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
8. What three classes did Lori teach at New York Hospital?
9. Describe the Quiet Room.
10. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Control was a main theme of the text. Find three examples where the theme of control was highlighted and explain why this example was centered around control.
Essay Topic 2
Both Nancy and Marvin Schiller reacted differently to Lori's illness. Compare and contrast Lori's parent's feelings and actions regarding Lori's illness.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think the chapters that showed Lori's journaling and the hospital records added to the text? Do you think that these were necessary additions to the text? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,666 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)