|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
2. What "infuriated" Nancy when she stopped at Peppermint Park?
3. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
4. What did Lori hear the first time the Voices spoke to her?
5. Where was Steven's brother, Mark, during the summer prior to his Senior year in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
2. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
3. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
4. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
5. What did Lori Winters, in Chapter 4, state was the reason that she called 911?
6. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
7. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
8. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
9. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
10. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori is ruled by her behaviors. Throughout the text, Lori's behaviors are detailed. Choose three of the most pertinent behaviors and describe 1) where the behavior stemmed from; 2) what preceded the behavior; 3) how Lori felt about the behavior; and 4) the consequence of the behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Lori met with many doctors throughout her time in the hospitals. Choose one doctor and explain why you believe that this doctor did the most for Lori. What specific things did this doctor do that helped Lori the most?
Essay Topic 3
Lori had to overcome her Voices to get better. Track the specific things that Lori did to control her Voices. What did she have to do? What worked? What didn't? Why?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)