|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori claim, in Chapter 4,"Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982", was the only thing that her psychiatrist was doing for her?
2. What, in Lori's family's private language, meant a short haircut?
3. Why did Lori think that her professors would throw her out of class?
4. Where did Lori Winters plan on working when she moved back to her home city?
5. Why did Lori Schiller get fired from the real estate company?
Short Essay Questions
1. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
2. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
3. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
4. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
5. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
6. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
7. What did Lori Winters, in Chapter 4, state was the reason that she called 911?
8. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
9. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
10. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori had to overcome her Voices to get better. Track the specific things that Lori did to control her Voices. What did she have to do? What worked? What didn't? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Lori's Voices are personified given the capitalization of the "V". Why do you believe that Lori personified her Voices? What did this do for the Voices? What did it do for Lori?
Essay Topic 3
Control was a main theme of the text. Find three examples where the theme of control was highlighted and explain why this example was centered around control.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)