|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Lori say "plagued her" from her childhood?
2. For Lori's family, what word represented "the five of us"?
3. What "kind" of vampires did Lori say drew her blood?
4. What hospital did Lori's parents meet her at March of 1985?
5. What season did Lori Winters find especially "wonderful" in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
2. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
3. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
4. What single event triggered the Voices when Lori was at camp?
5. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
6. Why was Steven Schiller really afraid of what had happened to his sister?
7. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
8. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
9. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
10. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At many times throughout the text, Lori "finds" herself back in a hospital. Do you think that Lori forced her way back into hospitals for a reason? Do you think that, even though Lori hated the hospitals, the hospitals were the one place that she felt the safest? Support your answers textually.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one activity that the staff taught Lori in order to "teach you [her] ways to feel the storm before it arrives.". Why do you believe this activity worked? Did not work? What was the importance of understanding the onslaught of an outburst? How did this help Lori?
Essay Topic 3
What importance did the Search for Change halfway house have for Lori? What did she need to learn there? How did she change during her time there? How important was Search for Change in Lori's success at beating her illness?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)