|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "infuriated" Nancy when she stopped at Peppermint Park?
2. In Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982", where is Lori "on a locked ward" at?
3. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
4. What "kind" of vampires did Lori say drew her blood?
5. Where was Tara Sonenshine from originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
2. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
3. What did Marvin Schiller learn from the late night phone call, in March of 1982, from Lori Winters?
4. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
5. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
6. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
7. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
8. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
9. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
10. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori is ruled by her behaviors. Throughout the text, Lori's behaviors are detailed. Choose three of the most pertinent behaviors and describe 1) where the behavior stemmed from; 2) what preceded the behavior; 3) how Lori felt about the behavior; and 4) the consequence of the behavior.
Essay Topic 2
The Quiet Room (the room itself) was a necessary part of Lori's recovery. Describe what the Quiet Room was to Lori. What did it begin as for her? How did she force a change in the Quiet Room? What did the Quiet Room become for her?
Essay Topic 3
Lori had to overcome her Voices to get better. Track the specific things that Lori did to control her Voices. What did she have to do? What worked? What didn't? Why?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)