Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981", what did Lori state came more often than torment?
2. What position did Lori Schiller have with the Miss Universe Pageant?
3. What season did Lori Winters find especially "wonderful" in New York?
4. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
5. Why did Lori want to get out of the hospital in 1983?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
2. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
3. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
4. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
5. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
6. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
7. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
8. What did Marvin Schiller learn from the late night phone call, in March of 1982, from Lori Winters?
9. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
10. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
Lori is able to write about her illness in a very honest and explicit way. Explain the importance of this format for both Lori and the reader. Why is Lori's honesty important for her? Why is it important for the reader? What does this honesty do for the text itself? What may it do for those suffering from schizophrenia?
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
What do you think the chapters that showed Lori's journaling and the hospital records added to the text? Do you think that these were necessary additions to the text? Why or why not?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)