|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the summer prior to Steven's senior year of high school, where did he work?
2. Whose birthday party did Lori attend, begin to believe everyone in attendance hated her, and then drive four hours home?
3. What hotel did Lori and Lori believe would make the "ideal place" for their first home?
4. Where was Steven's brother, Mark, during the summer prior to his Senior year in high school?
5. What, in Lori's family's private language, meant a short haircut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lori's life since being released from the hospitals.
2. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
3. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
4. At New York Hospital, in late 1985, what was different about Lori's stay than the previous time?
5. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
6. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
7. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
8. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
9. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
10. Describe the Quiet Room.
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the times that Lori exploded at her parents. Why do you believe she did this? How did it help her in her illness? How did it harm her in her illness? Based upon the text, why do you think that Lori's outbursts may have been a step in the right direction towards controlling her illness? Or do you disagree? Why? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Lori's Voices are personified given the capitalization of the "V". Why do you believe that Lori personified her Voices? What did this do for the Voices? What did it do for Lori?
Essay Topic 3
Both Nancy and Marvin Schiller reacted differently to Lori's illness. Compare and contrast Lori's parent's feelings and actions regarding Lori's illness.
This section contains 1,625 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)