|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the summer prior to Steven's senior year of high school, where did he work?
2. What did Lori beat through on several occasions as she tried to find the Voices?
3. Where was the "sweet guy" from that was "serious enough to want to marry" Lori?
4. Why did Lori Schiller get fired from the real estate company?
5. What year (senior, junior, sophomore, or freshman) was Lori getting ready to begin in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
2. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
3. What single event triggered the Voices when Lori was at camp?
4. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
5. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
6. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
7. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
8. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
9. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
10. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think the chapters that showed Lori's journaling and the hospital records added to the text? Do you think that these were necessary additions to the text? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
Essay Topic 3
What clues does the text provide to allow one to make genetic connections between Lori's illness and her family? Who admits that Lori's illness may have come from their side of the family? Why is this connection made? Do you believe that this is why Lori's parent acts differently than the other? Why?/Why not?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)