|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lori and Lori live while they were waiting for their apartment to be ready? (As notated in Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982".)
2. Where was Lori Winters from originally?
3. What did Lori Schiller do that made her parents angry soon after she got a job selling insurance?
4. What "kind" of vampires did Lori say drew her blood?
5. What did Marvin Schiller refuse to believe when Lori Winters called him late one night in March of 1982?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
2. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
3. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
4. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
5. What did Lori Winters, in Chapter 4, state was the reason that she called 911?
6. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
7. In Chapter 11, why did Lori state that she hated the hospital?
8. What did Marvin Schiller learn from the late night phone call, in March of 1982, from Lori Winters?
9. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
10. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At many times throughout the text, Lori "finds" herself back in a hospital. Do you think that Lori forced her way back into hospitals for a reason? Do you think that, even though Lori hated the hospitals, the hospitals were the one place that she felt the safest? Support your answers textually.
Essay Topic 2
Lori's Voices are personified given the capitalization of the "V". Why do you believe that Lori personified her Voices? What did this do for the Voices? What did it do for Lori?
Essay Topic 3
At many points throughout the text, Lori admits to losing past ties with friends and her life prior to her illness. Do you think that Lori needed to move on past her past? Why? Was this necessary for her to become well? Explain using textual evidence.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)