|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday party did Lori attend, begin to believe everyone in attendance hated her, and then drive four hours home?
2. What, in Lori's family's private language, meant a short haircut?
3. During their senior year at college, what did Lori Winters and other college friends believe was wrong with Lori?
4. Where did Lori spend the first semester of her junior year of college?
5. What did Lori Schiller do that made her parents angry soon after she got a job selling insurance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
2. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
3. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
4. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
5. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
6. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
7. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
8. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
9. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
10. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
Essay Topic 2
Lori met with many doctors throughout her time in the hospitals. Choose one doctor and explain why you believe that this doctor did the most for Lori. What specific things did this doctor do that helped Lori the most?
Essay Topic 3
At many points throughout the text, Lori admits to losing past ties with friends and her life prior to her illness. Do you think that Lori needed to move on past her past? Why? Was this necessary for her to become well? Explain using textual evidence.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)