|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lori's family moving to during the summer drive across country?
2. What did Lori Winters tell Marvin that Lori had tried to do when the police had arrived at their apartment?
3. What did Lori Winter's brother go to college for?
4. Where did Lori Winters plan on working when she moved back to her home city?
5. What movie did Lori state "psychotic" meant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
2. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
3. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
4. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
5. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
6. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
7. What single event triggered the Voices when Lori was at camp?
8. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
9. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
10. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Lori's need for cocaine. What did it do for her? Why did it seem to help her? How did it harm her?
Essay Topic 3
Lori had to overcome her Voices to get better. Track the specific things that Lori did to control her Voices. What did she have to do? What worked? What didn't? Why?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)