|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Tara Sonenshine from originally?
2. What season did Lori Winters find especially "wonderful" in New York?
3. Why did Lori think that her professors would throw her out of class?
4. What did Lori want to tell people were real (from Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983")?
5. What college was Steven accepted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
2. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
3. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
4. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
5. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
6. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
7. What did Lori Winters, in Chapter 4, state was the reason that she called 911?
8. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
9. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
10. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lori's illness changed dramatically when she began taking clozapine. Describe the changes that Lori went through while on clozapine. What did she struggle with initially? How did the drug come to help her in the end? How was it different from all other drugs that she had taken previously?
Essay Topic 2
What importance did the Search for Change halfway house have for Lori? What did she need to learn there? How did she change during her time there? How important was Search for Change in Lori's success at beating her illness?
Essay Topic 3
Lori is ruled by her behaviors. Throughout the text, Lori's behaviors are detailed. Choose three of the most pertinent behaviors and describe 1) where the behavior stemmed from; 2) what preceded the behavior; 3) how Lori felt about the behavior; and 4) the consequence of the behavior.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)