|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981", what did Lori state came more often than torment?
2. What position did Lori Schiller have with the Miss Universe Pageant?
3. What season did Lori Winters find especially "wonderful" in New York?
4. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
5. Why did Lori want to get out of the hospital in 1983?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
2. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
3. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
4. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
5. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
6. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
7. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
8. What did Marvin Schiller learn from the late night phone call, in March of 1982, from Lori Winters?
9. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
10. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
Essay Topic 1
What clues does the text provide to allow one to make genetic connections between Lori's illness and her family? Who admits that Lori's illness may have come from their side of the family? Why is this connection made? Do you believe that this is why Lori's parent acts differently than the other? Why?/Why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Lori's need for cocaine. What did it do for her? Why did it seem to help her? How did it harm her?
Essay Topic 3
Lori was required to submit to many different treatments. Which of the treatments do you believe was the best for her? Explain in full detail why. (Use other treatments' shortcomings to support your belief.
This section contains 1,666 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)