|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the summer prior to Steven's senior year of high school, where did he work?
2. When Steven was eleven what did he want to be (as noted in Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982")?
3. What did Lori call a "normal part of living" in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
4. What did Nancy Schiller stop to buy at the corner of 66th Street and First Avenue?
5. What did Lori place on the back wall of a bookstore that she had visited with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
2. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
3. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
4. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
5. What did Lori Winters, in Chapter 4, state was the reason that she called 911?
6. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
7. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
8. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
9. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
10. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the times that Lori exploded at her parents. Why do you believe she did this? How did it help her in her illness? How did it harm her in her illness? Based upon the text, why do you think that Lori's outbursts may have been a step in the right direction towards controlling her illness? Or do you disagree? Why? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Both Nancy and Marvin Schiller reacted differently to Lori's illness. Compare and contrast Lori's parent's feelings and actions regarding Lori's illness.
Essay Topic 3
Lori met with many doctors throughout her time in the hospitals. Choose one doctor and explain why you believe that this doctor did the most for Lori. What specific things did this doctor do that helped Lori the most?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)