|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Lori Schiller have with the Miss Universe Pageant?
2. What college did Lori believe "was the best"?
3. What words did Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982" open with?
4. What did Lori Winters tell Marvin that Lori had tried to do when the police had arrived at their apartment?
5. In Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982", where is Lori "on a locked ward" at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
2. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
3. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
4. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
5. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
6. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
7. What did Lori Winters, in Chapter 4, state was the reason that she called 911?
8. What single event triggered the Voices when Lori was at camp?
9. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
10. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
Essay Topic 2
Control was a main theme of the text. Find three examples where the theme of control was highlighted and explain why this example was centered around control.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lori's need for cocaine. What did it do for her? Why did it seem to help her? How did it harm her?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)