|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lori think that her professors would throw her out of class?
2. How much was the one-bedroom in New York that Lori and Lori wanted to rent?
3. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
4. What did the counselors at the camp Lori attended call the bunkhouses?
5. What did Lori beat through on several occasions as she tried to find the Voices?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
2. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
3. What were the two choices that Lori was given regarding her stay at 3 South?
4. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
5. What three classes did Lori teach at New York Hospital?
6. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
7. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
8. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
9. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
10. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
Essay Topic 1
What clues does the text provide to allow one to make genetic connections between Lori's illness and her family? Who admits that Lori's illness may have come from their side of the family? Why is this connection made? Do you believe that this is why Lori's parent acts differently than the other? Why?/Why not?
Essay Topic 2
Lori's illness changed dramatically when she began taking clozapine. Describe the changes that Lori went through while on clozapine. What did she struggle with initially? How did the drug come to help her in the end? How was it different from all other drugs that she had taken previously?
Essay Topic 3
Control was a main theme of the text. Find three examples where the theme of control was highlighted and explain why this example was centered around control.
This section contains 1,631 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)