|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Lori say "plagued her" from her childhood?
2. On what day was Lori ordered to leave camp because of her strange behavior?
3. How old was Steven Schiller when Lori was first committed?
4. Where was Steven's brother, Mark, during the summer prior to his Senior year in high school?
5. How many years after her terrifying summer at camp did Lori come to have a job, car, and apartment of her own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
2. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
3. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
4. What did Marvin Schiller learn from the late night phone call, in March of 1982, from Lori Winters?
5. What mistake did Lori make after her final discharge from the hospital?
6. Describe Lori's life since being released from the hospitals.
7. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
8. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
9. What did Lori bring with her to 3 South?
10. What did Lori do to get thrown out of Futura House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think the chapters that showed Lori's journaling and the hospital records added to the text? Do you think that these were necessary additions to the text? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the text, Lori details many of the jobs that she held. Choose the job that you believe to be the most helpful for Lori. Why do you believe this? What about the job helped Lori?
Essay Topic 3
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
This section contains 1,664 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)