|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After how many years did Steven's mother begin smoking again?
2. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
3. What did Lori place on the back wall of a bookstore that she had visited with her father?
4. Why did Lori Schiller get fired from the real estate company?
5. What card game did Lori Winters say was played on every street corner in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
2. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
3. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
4. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
5. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
6. What did Lori Winters, in Chapter 4, state was the reason that she called 911?
7. What single event triggered the Voices when Lori was at camp?
8. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
9. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
10. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What importance did the Search for Change halfway house have for Lori? What did she need to learn there? How did she change during her time there? How important was Search for Change in Lori's success at beating her illness?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think the chapters that showed Lori's journaling and the hospital records added to the text? Do you think that these were necessary additions to the text? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What clues does the text provide to allow one to make genetic connections between Lori's illness and her family? Who admits that Lori's illness may have come from their side of the family? Why is this connection made? Do you believe that this is why Lori's parent acts differently than the other? Why?/Why not?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)