|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the camp that Lori had attended for many years?
2. What was Lori constantly afraid of given the Voices kept saying it would be her fate?
3. How old was Steven Schiller when Lori was first committed?
4. What problems did Lori find herself facing after leaving the hospital?
5. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake did Lori make after her final discharge from the hospital?
2. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
3. Why did Lori state that she liked Rye Psychiatric?
4. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
5. What did "C.O" stand for and represent?
6. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
7. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
8. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
9. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
10. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
Essay Topic 1
Lori met with many doctors throughout her time in the hospitals. Choose one doctor and explain why you believe that this doctor did the most for Lori. What specific things did this doctor do that helped Lori the most?
Essay Topic 2
At many points throughout the text, Lori admits to losing past ties with friends and her life prior to her illness. Do you think that Lori needed to move on past her past? Why? Was this necessary for her to become well? Explain using textual evidence.
Essay Topic 3
Both of Lori's brothers, Mark and Steven, notated issues with mental concerns of their own. What did this make you realize about the commonalities and concerns with schizophrenia? Where the concerns of Mark and Steven substantiated? Why?/Why not? Detail both siblings concerns and why they chose to shut Lori out.
This section contains 1,587 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)