|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
(a) That he loved her.
(b) That she would be okay.
(c) That the medication was working.
(d) That she would never go back to the hospital.
2. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
(b) Labor Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
3. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
(a) Rye Psychiatric.
(b) New York Hospital.
(c) Westhaven Mental Hospital.
(d) Bellevue Hospital.
4. How many beds were in the hospital that Lori began working at in the fall of 1984?
5. As a child, what kind of "typical" kid did Mark describe himself as?
(a) The "responsible older child".
(b) The "forgotten" kid.
(c) The "irresponsible younger child".
(d) The "middle kid".
Short Answer Questions
1. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
2. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
3. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
4. What was the name of the store that Melvin and Lori would stop at and he would buy her a Diet Coke and a soft pretzel?
5. How many sizes of clothing did Lori bring with her to New York Hospital (1987)?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
2. What did Lori do to get thrown out of Futura House?
3. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
4. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
5. How did Lori master the Quiet Room?
6. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
7. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
8. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
9. Why did Marvin Schiller, in Chapter 13, state that Lori's job as a waitress was good for her?
10. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)