|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the status "C.O." mean?
(a) Considered Ongoing.
(b) Collaborative Observation.
(c) Coordinated Ongoing.
(d) Constant Observation.
2. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
(a) Because of the nightmares she was having.
(b) Because of the monsters in her bed.
(c) Because of the intensity of the Voices.
(d) Because of the medications.
3. What was the name of Lori's doctor in the extended care unit?
(a) Dr. Doller.
(b) Dr. Daniels.
(c) Dr. Gordon.
(d) Dr. Towers.
4. What kind of game did Lori throw during her stay in the intermediate-care unit?
(b) A backgammon game.
(c) A Monopoly game.
5. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
(a) His mother- Nancy.
(b) His sister- Lori.
(c) His father-Marvin.
(d) His brother- Steven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
2. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
3. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
4. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
5. What was the name of the store that Melvin and Lori would stop at and he would buy her a Diet Coke and a soft pretzel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
2. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
3. At New York Hospital, in late 1985, what was different about Lori's stay than the previous time?
4. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
5. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
6. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
7. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
8. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
9. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
10. What did "C.O" stand for and represent?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)