|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mark admit made him less understanding of Lori's illness?
(a) His own weaknesses.
(b) His own fears.
(c) His own failure to understand.
(d) His own depression.
2. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
(a) At least a year.
(b) At least two years.
(c) At least six months.
(d) At least nine months.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", what did Marvin compare Lori's behavior to?
(a) A zombie.
(b) A clown.
(c) A peeping tom.
(d) A dead dog.
4. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
5. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Labor Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
2. What did Lori state was her "activity" when she was in the hospital in 1985?
3. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
4. After the "power struggle" at Marvin's work had ended, over how many offices did Martin have responsibility over?
5. Why did being at New York Hospital (1987) frighten Lori?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
2. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
3. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
4. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
5. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
6. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
7. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
8. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
9. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
10. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)