|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Mark would get sick.
(b) They would break up.
(c) Sally would get sick.
(d) Lori would end up back in the hospital.
2. What happened after visiting hours at the hospital that Lori committed herself to in 1985?
(a) Patient-doctor visits.
(c) Movie time.
(d) Snack time.
3. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The tunnel to the voices.
(b) The compartments in her brain.
(c) The gears that fueled the Voices.
(d) The tie to Lori's past.
4. After the "power struggle" at Marvin's work had ended, over how many offices did Martin have responsibility over?
5. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori come to realize that the Voices had behind them?
2. Regardless of what time Lori got out of bed, what did she admit to doing for the entire day while at the hospital in 1985?
3. What did Lori say that she "mastered" in Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989"?
4. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
5. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
2. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
3. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
4. What were the two choices that Lori was given regarding her stay at 3 South?
5. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
6. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
7. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
8. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
9. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
10. What did Lori bring with her to 3 South?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)