|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
(a) Because she was discharged from the hospital.
(b) Because she got a job.
(c) Because she started taking her medication.
(d) Because she got a boyfriend.
2. What was the name of Marvin's secretary that would always put Lori's calls through immediately whenever she called his office?
(a) Tara Wright.
(b) Laura Myers.
(c) Bethany Miller.
(d) Anne Schiff.
3. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Dr. Rockland.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
4. At what holiday did Mark and Sally plan on announcing their engagement?
(c) Valentine's Day.
5. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
(a) November of 1985.
(b) April of 1983.
(c) March of 1986.
(d) October of 1984.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
2. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
3. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
4. What did Mark claim Lori was when they were growing up?
5. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
2. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
3. How did Lori master the Quiet Room?
4. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
5. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
6. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
7. Describe the Quiet Room.
8. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
9. What were the two choices that Lori was given regarding her stay at 3 South?
10. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)