|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
(a) Because another patient is the family member of a coworker.
(b) Because of insurance purposes.
(c) Because of a contract that insured that they needed to be made aware of medical conditions of family members.
(d) Because of her behavior at a function.
2. What kind of toys did Lori have "a passion for"?
(a) Windup toys.
(b) Bouncing toys.
(c) Spinning toys.
(d) Noisy toys.
3. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
(a) Tried to make excuses for her illness.
(b) Put her on a pedestal for too long.
(c) Ignored her sickness.
(d) Forgot that people are vulnerable.
4. What did the status "O.U." mean?
(a) Open Unit.
(b) Ongoing Unit.
(c) Ongoing Urgent.
(d) Outside Ultion.
5. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
(a) The Voices.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her doctor.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
2. What did Lori learn to do to subside the Voices?
3. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
4. What did Lori state was her "activity" when she was in the hospital in 1985?
5. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
2. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
3. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
4. What did "C.O" stand for and represent?
5. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
6. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
7. Why did Lori state that she liked Rye Psychiatric?
8. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
9. What were the two choices that Lori was given regarding her stay at 3 South?
10. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)