|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sounds caused Lori to call the police from her mental hospital?
(a) Her brother yelling for help.
(b) Dogs attacking a person.
(c) A woman yelling her name.
(d) A baby crying.
2. What was the name of the store that Melvin and Lori would stop at and he would buy her a Diet Coke and a soft pretzel?
(b) Pete's Pretzels.
3. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
(a) The multiple suicide attempts.
(b) When Lori committed herself to the hospital.
(c) The mutilalization of herself.
(d) The rages.
4. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
(a) Because she was discharged from the hospital.
(b) Because she got a job.
(c) Because she started taking her medication.
(d) Because she got a boyfriend.
5. What was the name of Marvin's secretary that would always put Lori's calls through immediately whenever she called his office?
(a) Anne Schiff.
(b) Bethany Miller.
(c) Tara Wright.
(d) Laura Myers.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
2. What did Mark admit made him less understanding of Lori's illness?
3. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
4. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
5. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
2. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
3. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
4. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
5. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
6. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
7. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
8. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
9. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
10. What did "C.O" stand for and represent?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)