|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being removed from Dr. Brockland's office, what did Lori use to wrap around her neck in another one of her suicide attempts?
(a) A belt.
(b) A scarf-a gift from her parents.
(c) A phone cord.
(d) A lamp cord.
2. What did the status "O.U." mean?
(a) Outside Ultion.
(b) Ongoing Urgent.
(c) Ongoing Unit.
(d) Open Unit.
3. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The tie to Lori's past.
(b) The compartments in her brain.
(c) The tunnel to the voices.
(d) The gears that fueled the Voices.
4. What happened after visiting hours at the hospital that Lori committed herself to in 1985?
(a) Patient-doctor visits.
(b) Movie time.
(c) Snack time.
5. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
(a) Because of the medications.
(b) Because of the intensity of the Voices.
(c) Because of the nightmares she was having.
(d) Because of the monsters in her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
2. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
3. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
4. Regardless of what time Lori got out of bed, what did she admit to doing for the entire day while at the hospital in 1985?
5. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mark Schiller keep breaking up with Sally every time a visit to his parent's home would grow close?
2. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
3. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
4. Why did Marvin Schiller, in Chapter 13, state that Lori's job as a waitress was good for her?
5. At New York Hospital, in late 1985, what was different about Lori's stay than the previous time?
6. What did "C.O" stand for and represent?
7. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
8. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
9. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
10. Why did Lori state that she liked Rye Psychiatric?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)