|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Dr. Rockland.
(d) Her brother.
2. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
(a) For attention.
(b) To upset her parents.
(c) To end her suffering.
(d) To give into the Voices.
3. Where did Mark chose to go to college?
4. How many beds were in the hospital that Lori began working at in the fall of 1984?
5. Who did Lori see, in a hallucination, from her past whom she had not thought of in ten years?
(a) Riley Simmons.
(b) Fred Zaltas.
(c) Steve Myers.
(d) David Blume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the scale that Lori came up with to determine the strength of the Voices?
2. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
3. Who did Lori say that she tried to find so that she could obtain some cocaine?
4. What were Lori's parents trying to protect Lori from by not telling anyone about her illness?
5. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
2. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
3. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
4. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
5. Why did Lori state that she liked Rye Psychiatric?
6. Why did Marvin Schiller, in Chapter 13, state that Lori's job as a waitress was good for her?
7. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
8. At New York Hospital, in late 1985, what was different about Lori's stay than the previous time?
9. What did "C.O" stand for and represent?
10. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)