|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
(a) The rages.
(b) When Lori committed herself to the hospital.
(c) The multiple suicide attempts.
(d) The mutilalization of herself.
2. What was the scale that Lori came up with to determine the strength of the Voices?
3. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
(a) Her hope.
(b) Her life.
(c) The Voices.
(d) Her sanity.
4. In Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989", what did Lori state that she "tried to understand about"?
(a) Her past.
(b) The Voices.
(c) Her medications.
(d) The future.
5. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she had gotten married.
(b) That she had had a miscarriage.
(c) That she stopped taking her medication.
(d) That she was taking illegal drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Marvin's secretary that would always put Lori's calls through immediately whenever she called his office?
2. How many sizes of clothing did Lori bring with her to New York Hospital (1987)?
3. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
4. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
5. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
2. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
3. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
4. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
5. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
6. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
7. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
8. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
9. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
10. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)