|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Dr. Rockland.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
2. After being removed from Dr. Brockland's office, what did Lori use to wrap around her neck in another one of her suicide attempts?
(a) A lamp cord.
(b) A scarf-a gift from her parents.
(c) A belt.
(d) A phone cord.
3. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
4. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
5. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
(a) Taking her medication.
(c) Any anger she had.
(d) The Voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori say that she "mastered" in Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989"?
2. How many sizes of clothing did Lori bring with her to New York Hospital (1987)?
3. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
4. What did the status "C.O." mean?
5. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the two choices that Lori was given regarding her stay at 3 South?
2. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
3. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
4. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
5. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
6. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
7. At New York Hospital, in late 1985, what was different about Lori's stay than the previous time?
8. Why did Mark Schiller state that he enjoyed Tulane?
9. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
10. Why did Marvin Schiller, in Chapter 13, state that Lori's job as a waitress was good for her?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)