|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
2. How old was Marvin turning when Lori stood up and thanked him for his support while she was in the hospital?
3. What started happening, during the spring of 1984, that brought to light a strange pattern in Lori's life for her parents?
(a) Odd houred incomming phone calls.
(b) Lori locking herself in the bathroom for hours.
(c) Lori started ignoring her mother.
(d) Lori stopped eating.
4. How many sizes of clothing did Lori bring with her to New York Hospital (1987)?
5. Who could hear Lori's Voices?
(a) Lori and Dr. Rockland.
(c) Lori and her siblings.
(d) Only her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori come to realize that the Voices had behind them?
2. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
3. What did "elopement" mean at the hospital that Lori signed herself into in November of 1985?
4. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
5. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mark admit to in Chapter 19 that his parents were unaware of?
2. What did Marvin state that his life had "boiled down to" after Lori's release from the hospital?
3. Why did Marvin Schiller, in Chapter 13, state that Lori's job as a waitress was good for her?
4. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
5. How did Lori master the Quiet Room?
6. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
7. What did Lori and Marvin do on the weekends to keep their "relations simple and on an even keel"?
8. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
9. What did Dr. Doller and Dr. Fischer explain to Lori about her Voices?
10. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)