|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
2. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
(a) 4 North.
(b) Bellford South.
(c) Bellrive East.
(d) 3 South.
3. What did the status "O.U." mean?
(a) Ongoing Urgent.
(b) Open Unit.
(c) Ongoing Unit.
(d) Outside Ultion.
4. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Dr. Rockland.
(d) Her father.
5. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
(a) At least six months.
(b) At least nine months.
(c) At least two years.
(d) At least a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori see, in a hallucination, from her past whom she had not thought of in ten years?
2. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
3. What did Lori learn to do to subside the Voices?
4. What sounds caused Lori to call the police from her mental hospital?
5. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lori's plans, and what she actually did, to commit suicide (at the end of Chapter 20).
2. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
3. What were the two choices that Lori was given regarding her stay at 3 South?
4. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
5. What did "O.U." stand for and represent?
6. Why could one not get away with breaking the rules at 3 South?
7. Explain the the compartments of Lori's brain.
8. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
9. Why was Lori jealous of the voices that other patients heard?
10. How did Lori master the Quiet Room?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)