|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Lori's family, what word represented "the five of us"?
2. Where did Lori Winters plan on working when she moved back to her home city?
(b) AB Corporate.
3. When Lori described how much medication she took, what did she state it was difficult for her to do?
(b) Brush her teeth.
(c) Get angry.
4. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
(a) A phone ringing.
(b) White noise from a television.
(d) Claps of thunder.
5. Who told Lori that her parents hated her?
(c) The Voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the "sweet guy" from that was "serious enough to want to marry" Lori?
2. What did Nancy call Lori when she was a baby?
3. How old was Steven Schiller when Lori was first committed?
4. When Steven was eleven what did he want to be (as noted in Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982")?
5. Where was Steven's brother, Mark, during the summer prior to his Senior year in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
2. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
3. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
4. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
5. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
6. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
7. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
8. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
9. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
10. In Chapter 11, why did Lori state that she hated the hospital?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)