|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the summer prior to Steven's senior year of high school, where did he work?
(a) Smithon Vet Clinic.
(b) Cherry Lawn Farm.
(c) The city pool.
(d) Big Burt's Pawn.
2. Who did Lori compare her psychiatrist, Dr. Rockland, to?
3. Where did Lori Winters plan on working when she moved back to her home city?
(c) AB Corporate.
4. When Lori described how much medication she took, what did she state it was difficult for her to do?
(b) Brush her teeth.
(c) Get angry.
5. What problems did Lori find herself facing after leaving the hospital?
(a) Her parents smothering her.
(b) Not knowing what to do.
(c) Not having enough freedom.
(d) Her brothers ignoring her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982", where is Lori "on a locked ward" at?
2. Why did Lori think that her professors would throw her out of class?
3. What did Lori claim, in Chapter 4,"Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982", was the only thing that her psychiatrist was doing for her?
4. Whose birthday party did Lori attend, begin to believe everyone in attendance hated her, and then drive four hours home?
5. What did Lori Winter's brother go to college for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
2. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
3. In Chapter 11, why did Lori state that she hated the hospital?
4. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
5. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
6. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
7. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
8. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
9. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
10. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)