|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did Lori say "plagued her" from her childhood?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bird.
2. What "weapon" did Lori use to kill the animal that "plagued her" as a child?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) An axe.
(c) A golf club.
(d) A knife.
3. What did Lori want to tell people were real (from Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983")?
(a) Her strengths.
(b) Her weaknesses.
(c) Her tormenters.
(d) Her sickness.
4. What card game did Lori Winters say was played on every street corner in New York?
(c) Black Jack.
(d) Three-card monte.
5. What did the counselors at the camp Lori attended call the bunkhouses?
(c) Roach motels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Lori believe "was the best"?
2. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
3. What movie did Lori state "psychotic" meant?
4. What did Lori hear the first time the Voices spoke to her?
5. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
2. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
3. At New York Hospital, in late 1985, what was different about Lori's stay than the previous time?
4. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
5. Describe Lori's typical day at New York Hospital in late 1985.
6. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
7. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
8. Why did Marvin Schiller state that "all through the winter I loved hearing the phone ring"?
9. How did Dr. Doller differ from all of Lori's other doctors?
10. Why did Lori create a scale for Dr. Doller?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)