|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori call a "normal part of living" in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
(a) The Voices.
(b) Her medications.
(c) The doctors.
(d) The pain.
2. What college was Steven accepted to?
(b) John Hopkins.
3. What college did Lori decide had the best journalism program?
(b) University of Illinois.
4. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
(a) He thought that his parents were insane.
(b) He had tried to talk to Lori and she slapped him.
(c) He thought his parents were trying to "sweep her (Lori) away".
(d) He thought he was insane.
5. What was Lori constantly afraid of given the Voices kept saying it would be her fate?
(a) Going crazy.
(c) Murdering someone.
(d) Ending up in prision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori steal from Steve's sundae shop?
2. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
3. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
4. What "weapon" did Lori use to kill the animal that "plagued her" as a child?
5. Who did Nancy say blamed them self for Lori's problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
2. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
3. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
4. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
5. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
6. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
7. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
8. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
9. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
10. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)