|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
(a) White noise from a television.
(b) Claps of thunder.
(c) A phone ringing.
2. What did Nancy Schiller stop to buy at the corner of 66th Street and First Avenue?
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Pepermint sticks.
3. Who had Lori made plans with, as a child, to be their maid of honor?
(a) Gail Kobre.
(b) Sally Wellington.
(c) Genny Stein.
(d) Franny Mitchum.
4. Where was Lori's family moving to during the summer drive across country?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What hotel did Lori and Lori believe would make the "ideal place" for their first home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the "sweet guy" from that was "serious enough to want to marry" Lori?
2. What did Lori look at every day as she awaited for her freedom from the hospital in 1983?
3. What college did Lori believe "was the best"?
4. What kind of tree would Nancy Schiller sit in when she was a child and dream of her future?
5. What season did Lori Winters find especially "wonderful" in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
2. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
3. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
4. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
5. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
6. Why did Marvin Schiller, in Chapter 13, state that Lori's job as a waitress was good for her?
7. What did Marvin state as progress for Lori at his fiftieth birthday?
8. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
9. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
10. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)