|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori Schiller do that made her parents angry soon after she got a job selling insurance?
(a) Got engaged.
(c) Told them to leave her alone.
(d) Attacked her brother.
2. What "infuriated" Nancy when she stopped at Peppermint Park?
(a) All of the following.
(b) The fake Tiffany windows.
(c) The awning.
(d) The chairs.
3. What did Lori and her friends drive to Turners Falls to try?
(a) Cliff diving.
(c) Shark fishing.
4. What college did Lori decide had the best journalism program?
(a) University of Illinois.
5. What college did Lori believe "was the best"?
(c) William and Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
2. What did Lori hear the first time the Voices spoke to her?
3. What did Lori Schiller lose at a card game?
4. What "weapon" did Lori use to kill the animal that "plagued her" as a child?
5. Who did Nancy say blamed them self for Lori's problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
2. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
3. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
4. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
5. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
6. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
7. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
8. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
9. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
10. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)