|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori Winters tell Marvin that Lori had tried to do when the police had arrived at their apartment?
(a) Jump out of the window.
(b) Cut Lori Winters with a knife.
(c) Choke one of the officers.
(d) Grab a policeman's gun.
2. What did Nancy call Lori when she was a baby?
(a) Her "life".
(b) Her "nightmare".
(c) Her "doll".
(d) Her "dreams come true".
3. What was Lori's GPA when she was applying for colleges?
4. What month was it at the opening of the book?
5. Where was Lori Winters from originally?
(d) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
2. When Steven was eleven what did he want to be (as noted in Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982")?
3. Who did Lori compare her psychiatrist, Dr. Rockland, to?
4. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
5. During the summer of what year did Lori's family drive across country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
2. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
3. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
4. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
5. Why was Steven Schiller really afraid of what had happened to his sister?
6. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
7. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
8. In Chapter 11, why did Lori state that she hated the hospital?
9. What did Marvin Schiller learn from the late night phone call, in March of 1982, from Lori Winters?
10. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)