|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
(a) It was actually from when she was only 4 years of age and not 10.
(b) It was not remembered correctly- it was a ferret.
(c) It was her brother who did it and not her.
(d) It was not true.
2. What "infuriated" Nancy when she stopped at Peppermint Park?
(a) The awning.
(b) All of the following.
(c) The chairs.
(d) The fake Tiffany windows.
3. What did Lori hear the first time the Voices spoke to her?
(a) "Leave now!"
(c) "You must die!"
(d) "Kill him!"
4. What did Lori want to tell people were real (from Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983")?
(a) Her strengths.
(b) Her tormenters.
(c) Her weaknesses.
(d) Her sickness.
5. During the summer prior to Steven's senior year of high school, where did he work?
(a) Smithon Vet Clinic.
(b) The city pool.
(c) Cherry Lawn Farm.
(d) Big Burt's Pawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy call Lori when she was a baby?
2. Where was Lori Winters from originally?
3. What did Lori call a "normal part of living" in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
4. Who did Lori compare her psychiatrist, Dr. Rockland, to?
5. What college did Lori decide had the best journalism program?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
2. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
3. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
4. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
5. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
6. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
7. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
8. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
9. What single event triggered the Voices when Lori was at camp?
10. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)