Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Lori said in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
(a) Tara's apartment.
(b) Lori's apartment.
2. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
(a) He had tried to talk to Lori and she slapped him.
(b) He thought that his parents were insane.
(c) He thought his parents were trying to "sweep her (Lori) away".
(d) He thought he was insane.
3. Who had Lori made plans with, as a child, to be their maid of honor?
(a) Genny Stein.
(b) Gail Kobre.
(c) Sally Wellington.
(d) Franny Mitchum.
4. How old was Steven Schiller when Lori was first committed?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981", what did Lori state came more often than torment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after her terrifying summer at camp did Lori come to have a job, car, and apartment of her own?
2. What did Lori Schiller lose at a card game?
3. Who did Lori compare her psychiatrist, Dr. Rockland, to?
4. After visiting Turners Falls, what was the name of the hall that Lori and Tara moved into at college?
5. Where was Steven's brother, Mark, during the summer prior to his Senior year in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
2. Why did Marvin Schiller, in Chapter 13, state that Lori's job as a waitress was good for her?
3. What were a few of the things that Lori did, as stated in Chapter 20, when she began "hearing the call of cocaine again"?
4. What did "C.O" stand for and represent?
5. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
6. What did Marvin Schiller learn from the late night phone call, in March of 1982, from Lori Winters?
7. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
8. What three classes did Lori teach at New York Hospital?
9. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
10. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)