|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day was Lori ordered to leave camp because of her strange behavior?
(a) May 19th.
(b) July 2nd.
(c) August 12th.
(d) August 9th.
2. Besides the word "psychotic", what other word enraged Lori?
3. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
(a) Only morning classes so that he could be home in the afternoon.
(b) None-he wanted him to drop out.
(c) Easy/remedial classes.
(d) Honors classes.
4. After how many years did Steven's mother begin smoking again?
5. What did Lori Schiller do that made her parents angry soon after she got a job selling insurance?
(a) Attacked her brother.
(b) Got engaged.
(d) Told them to leave her alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Lori claim to be "so foreign, and far away"?
2. What did Lori claim, in Chapter 4,"Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982", was the only thing that her psychiatrist was doing for her?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981", what did Lori state came more often than torment?
4. Who did Lori compare her psychiatrist, Dr. Rockland, to?
5. What "old wound" did Lori's admittance into the hospital reopen for Steven Schiller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
2. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
3. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
4. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
5. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
6. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
7. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
8. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
9. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
10. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)