|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori climb onto the first time she heard the Voices?
(a) A trampoline.
(b) A neighbor's car.
(c) A tree limb.
(d) A roof.
2. For Lori's family, what word represented "the five of us"?
3. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
(a) It was her brother who did it and not her.
(b) It was actually from when she was only 4 years of age and not 10.
(c) It was not remembered correctly- it was a ferret.
(d) It was not true.
4. How old was Steven Schiller when Lori was first committed?
5. What did Lori Schiller lose at a card game?
(a) A gold locket.
(b) A sapphire ring.
(c) A emerald earring.
(d) A diamond bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori want to tell people were real (from Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983")?
2. What was Lori's GPA when she was applying for colleges?
3. What did Lori place on the back wall of a bookstore that she had visited with her father?
4. Where did Lori and Lori live while they were waiting for their apartment to be ready? (As notated in Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982".)
5. Where had Lori Winters been accepted into a training program at (as she described in the opening of Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982")?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
2. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
3. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
4. What did Marvin Schiller learn from the late night phone call, in March of 1982, from Lori Winters?
5. What single event triggered the Voices when Lori was at camp?
6. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
7. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
8. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
9. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
10. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)