|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
(a) White noise from a television.
(b) Claps of thunder.
(c) A phone ringing.
2. Where did Lori and Lori live while they were waiting for their apartment to be ready? (As notated in Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982".)
(a) Lori Winter's parent's.
(b) With Lori Schiller's brother.
(c) Tara's apartment.
(d) Lori Schiller's parent's.
3. How old was Steven Schiller when Lori was first committed?
4. What did Lori call a "normal part of living" in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
(a) The pain.
(b) The Voices.
(c) Her medications.
(d) The doctors.
5. Where had Lori Winters been accepted into a training program at (as she described in the opening of Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982")?
(a) Manufacturers Hanover Trust.
(b) American Underwriters.
(c) Grendel and Logan.
(d) Sears and Roebuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the "sweet guy" from that was "serious enough to want to marry" Lori?
2. What did the counselors at the camp Lori attended call the bunkhouses?
3. After how many years did Steven's mother begin smoking again?
4. Who told Lori that her parents hated her?
5. What city did the photo album that Gail brought to the hospital depict?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
2. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
3. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
4. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
5. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
6. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
7. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
8. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
9. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
10. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)