|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Steven was eleven what did he want to be (as noted in Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982")?
(a) In England.
(b) Away from home.
(d) With Lori at camp.
2. What city did the photo album that Gail brought to the hospital depict?
3. What did Nancy call Lori when she was a baby?
(a) Her "nightmare".
(b) Her "life".
(c) Her "doll".
(d) Her "dreams come true".
4. What did Lori place on the back wall of a bookstore that she had visited with her father?
(b) A dollar bill.
(c) A sticky note.
(d) A pen.
5. What, in Lori's family's private language, meant a short haircut?
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982" open with?
2. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
3. Where was Lori Winters from originally?
4. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
5. On what day was Lori ordered to leave camp because of her strange behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
2. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
3. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
4. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
5. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
6. Why was Steven Schiller really afraid of what had happened to his sister?
7. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
8. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
9. Why did Marvin tell Nancy that they needed to keep Lori's illness secret?
10. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)