|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
(a) None-he wanted him to drop out.
(b) Easy/remedial classes.
(c) Honors classes.
(d) Only morning classes so that he could be home in the afternoon.
2. What was Lori's GPA when she was applying for colleges?
3. What problems did Lori find herself facing after leaving the hospital?
(a) Her brothers ignoring her.
(b) Not having enough freedom.
(c) Not knowing what to do.
(d) Her parents smothering her.
4. What city did Lori claim to be "so foreign, and far away"?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
5. What month was it at the opening of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lori think that her professors would throw her out of class?
2. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
3. What did Lori claim, in Chapter 4,"Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982", was the only thing that her psychiatrist was doing for her?
4. What did Lori look at when the Voices "began to screech and cackle"?
5. What "infuriated" Nancy when she stopped at Peppermint Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
2. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
3. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
4. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
5. What two movies did Lori compare herself to when she came to believe that she was possessed?
6. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
7. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
8. Why was Steven Schiller really afraid of what had happened to his sister?
9. What did Lori Winters, and some other friends of Lori Schiller's, believe was wrong with her during their senior year of college?
10. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)