|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problems did Lori find herself facing after leaving the hospital?
(a) Not knowing what to do.
(b) Her brothers ignoring her.
(c) Not having enough freedom.
(d) Her parents smothering her.
2. Why did Lori think that her professors would throw her out of class?
(a) Because she was failing their classes.
(b) Because they heard her Voices.
(c) Because they thought she was ill.
(d) Because they thought she was insane.
3. During the summer of what year did Lori's family drive across country?
4. Where was Lori's family moving to during the summer drive across country?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
(a) White noise from a television.
(b) Claps of thunder.
(d) A phone ringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
2. After how many years did Steven's mother begin smoking again?
3. During the summer prior to Steven's senior year of high school, where did he work?
4. What did Lori place on the back wall of a bookstore that she had visited with her father?
5. What was Lori constantly afraid of given the Voices kept saying it would be her fate?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why did Lori state that she hated the hospital?
2. What did Lori come to accept as a sign of fate that she should attend Tufts for college?
3. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
4. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
5. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
6. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
7. What were the three things that Nancy Schiller did before she went to visit Lori in Payne Whitney?
8. What were the multiple diagnoses that the doctors at Lori's hospital gave her?
9. When Lori returned home in 1983, why did she state that dinners around the family table had changed?
10. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)