|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medication did doctors say that Lori needed to take for her schizophrenia?
(c) Atypical antipsychotics.
2. What kind of tree would Nancy Schiller sit in when she was a child and dream of her future?
(a) A lilac tree.
(b) A fig tree.
(c) An apple tree.
(d) An olive tree.
3. What "weapon" did Lori use to kill the animal that "plagued her" as a child?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A golf club.
(c) A knife.
(d) An axe.
4. Who told Lori that her parents hated her?
(d) The Voices.
5. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
(a) It was not true.
(b) It was not remembered correctly- it was a ferret.
(c) It was her brother who did it and not her.
(d) It was actually from when she was only 4 years of age and not 10.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the word "psychotic", what other word enraged Lori?
2. What season did Lori Winters find especially "wonderful" in New York?
3. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
4. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
5. During the summer prior to Steven's senior year of high school, where did he work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lori state that for a long time, during high school, "relief came more than torment"?
2. Why was Steven Schiller really afraid of what had happened to his sister?
3. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
4. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
5. In Chapter 11, what were the two reasons that Lori was glad to be home?
6. In Chapter 11, why did Lori state that she hated the hospital?
7. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
8. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
9. Why did Lori believe that camp was the "most wonderful place in the world"?
10. Why did Lori claim that everything was great after she and Tara moved into Wren Hall?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)