|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Steven was eleven what did he want to be (as noted in Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982")?
(a) With Lori at camp.
(c) Away from home.
(d) In England.
2. What was the name of the camp that Lori had attended for many years?
(a) Abrahams Valley.
(b) Jolly Acres.
(c) Lincoln Farm.
(d) Abraham Farm.
3. What did Lori call a "normal part of living" in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
(a) The Voices.
(b) Her medications.
(c) The pain.
(d) The doctors.
4. What city did Lori claim to be "so foreign, and far away"?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
5. What did Marvin Schiller refuse to believe when Lori Winters called him late one night in March of 1982?
(a) That Lori had tried to kill herself.
(b) That Lori was insane.
(c) That Lori had attacked Lori Winters.
(d) That Lori needed to go to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Lori Schiller have with the Miss Universe Pageant?
2. What college did Lori end up being accepted to and enrolling in?
3. What did Nancy Schiller stop to buy at the corner of 66th Street and First Avenue?
4. Who had Lori made plans with, as a child, to be their maid of honor?
5. What is the first thing Lori said in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lori do on a whim while in college?
2. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
3. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
4. According to Chapter 12, why did Lori state that she always listened to music?
5. Why did Lori feel special (as she described in Chapter 2)?
6. Why did Marvin want to insure that nothing of his daughter's break "came to light"?
7. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
8. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
9. Why did Lori WInters stated that at one point she began to think of getting married even though she did not love the man she was dating?
10. In Chapter 11, why did Lori state that she hated the hospital?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)