|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori claim, in Chapter 4,"Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982", was the only thing that her psychiatrist was doing for her?
(a) Scanning her brain.
(b) Making her suicidal.
(c) Giving her medication.
(d) Nothing at all.
2. What did Lori climb onto the first time she heard the Voices?
(a) A neighbor's car.
(b) A roof.
(c) A tree limb.
(d) A trampoline.
3. Where did Lori and Lori live while they were waiting for their apartment to be ready? (As notated in Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982".)
(a) Lori Schiller's parent's.
(b) Lori Winter's parent's.
(c) Tara's apartment.
(d) With Lori Schiller's brother.
4. Where was Steven's brother, Mark, during the summer prior to his Senior year in high school?
(c) Running a dorm.
(d) Working at the hospital that Lori was in.
5. What did Lori hear the first time the Voices spoke to her?
(a) "You must die!"
(b) "Kill him!"
(d) "Leave now!"
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after her terrifying summer at camp did Lori come to have a job, car, and apartment of her own?
2. How much was the one-bedroom in New York that Lori and Lori wanted to rent?
3. What did Lori place on the back wall of a bookstore that she had visited with her father?
4. Where did Lori spend the first semester of her junior year of college?
5. What did Lori and her friends drive to Turners Falls to try?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the memory of the dog plague Lori?
2. While at college, why did Lori state that she began to grow "increasingly tense and nervous"?
3. Describe the events that changed Lori's life forever in August of 1976.
4. Why was Steven Schiller really afraid of what had happened to his sister?
5. Why did Lori Schiller and Lori Winters believe that the McAlpin Hotel was the "ideal place for two recently graduated college girls"?
6. At twenty-four, a year after being released from the hospital, what did Lori find worrisome?
7. Why was Steven Schiller angry that his parents had committed his sister, Lori?
8. Describe Lori's Voices at the beginning of college.
9. What "sales pitch" did Nancy Schiller believe would be the hardest one she ever had to make?
10. What did Steven's fears about Lori's commitment cause him to do?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)