|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Fischer and Dr. Doller say the Voices were a part of, when explaining them to Lori?
(a) An imaginary symptom.
(b) A misunderstanding of her sickness.
(c) A relighting of her past.
(d) A part of her.
2. What color was the comforter that Lori's mother bought her?
3. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Mark would get sick.
(b) Sally would get sick.
(c) They would break up.
(d) Lori would end up back in the hospital.
4. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
(a) October of 1984.
(b) March of 1986.
(c) November of 1985.
(d) April of 1983.
5. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The tunnel to the voices.
(b) The compartments in her brain.
(c) The tie to Lori's past.
(d) The gears that fueled the Voices.
6. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
(a) Forgot that people are vulnerable.
(b) Ignored her sickness.
(c) Tried to make excuses for her illness.
(d) Put her on a pedestal for too long.
7. What did the status "C.O." mean?
(a) Considered Ongoing.
(b) Coordinated Ongoing.
(c) Collaborative Observation.
(d) Constant Observation.
8. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
(a) The Voices.
(b) Taking her medication.
(d) Any anger she had.
9. Where did Lori sign herself into in November of 1985?
(a) Gatewood Institute.
(b) Bellevue Hospital.
(c) Briar Hills Hospital.
(d) New York Hospital.
10. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she had gotten married.
(b) That she had had a miscarriage.
(c) That she stopped taking her medication.
(d) That she was taking illegal drugs.
11. What kind of toys did Lori have "a passion for"?
(a) Noisy toys.
(b) Windup toys.
(c) Bouncing toys.
(d) Spinning toys.
12. What did Lori come to realize that the Voices had behind them?
13. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
14. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
(a) She was caught with illegal drugs.
(b) She went into a rage.
(c) She tried to commit suicide again.
(d) She attacked another patient.
15. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
Short Answer Questions
1. Regardless of what time Lori got out of bed, what did she admit to doing for the entire day while at the hospital in 1985?
2. Who did Lori go on a date with, set up by the dating service, that allowed her to come home laughing after the date was over?
3. Who did Lori say that she tried to find so that she could obtain some cocaine?
4. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
5. In Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989", what did Lori state that she "tried to understand about"?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)