|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of game did Lori throw during her stay in the intermediate-care unit?
(a) A Monopoly game.
(b) A backgammon game.
2. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
3. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The tunnel to the voices.
(b) The gears that fueled the Voices.
(c) The compartments in her brain.
(d) The tie to Lori's past.
4. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she had had a miscarriage.
(b) That she stopped taking her medication.
(c) That she was taking illegal drugs.
(d) That she had gotten married.
5. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
(a) Taking her medication.
(c) Any anger she had.
(d) The Voices.
6. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Labor Day.
7. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Mark would get sick.
(b) Sally would get sick.
(c) They would break up.
(d) Lori would end up back in the hospital.
8. What kind of toys did Lori have "a passion for"?
(a) Spinning toys.
(b) Bouncing toys.
(c) Windup toys.
(d) Noisy toys.
9. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
10. What did wear to school one time in hopes that someone would ask what was wrong?
(c) Fake bruises.
(d) Duct tape.
11. Who did Lori say that she tried to find so that she could obtain some cocaine?
12. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
13. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
14. What did Lori say that she realized "really lay down that road"?
(a) True insanity.
(d) More mutilation.
15. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
(a) To upset her parents.
(b) To give into the Voices.
(c) To end her suffering.
(d) For attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
2. What was the name of Lori's doctor in the extended care unit?
3. What did Lori state was her "activity" when she was in the hospital in 1985?
4. After being removed from Dr. Brockland's office, what did Lori use to wrap around her neck in another one of her suicide attempts?
5. As a child, what kind of "typical" kid did Mark describe himself as?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)