|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
(a) November of 1985.
(b) April of 1983.
(c) March of 1986.
(d) October of 1984.
2. What did "elopement" mean at the hospital that Lori signed herself into in November of 1985?
(a) To run away.
(b) In need of different doctor.
(c) To meet up with other patients.
(d) Medication needs to be changed.
3. What was the scale that Lori came up with to determine the strength of the Voices?
4. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
5. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she was taking illegal drugs.
(b) That she had had a miscarriage.
(c) That she stopped taking her medication.
(d) That she had gotten married.
6. How much did Lori pay to join a dating service?
(a) 500 dollars.
(b) 300 dollars.
(c) 750 dollars.
(d) 1,000 dollars.
7. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
8. What was the name of the store that Melvin and Lori would stop at and he would buy her a Diet Coke and a soft pretzel?
(b) Pete's Pretzels.
9. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The gears that fueled the Voices.
(b) The tie to Lori's past.
(c) The tunnel to the voices.
(d) The compartments in her brain.
10. Why did being at New York Hospital (1987) frighten Lori?
(a) It was "just too different".
(b) It was the "end of the road".
(c) It was "too white".
(d) It was new.
11. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
(a) Because she got a boyfriend.
(b) Because she started taking her medication.
(c) Because she was discharged from the hospital.
(d) Because she got a job.
12. What kind of toys did Lori have "a passion for"?
(a) Bouncing toys.
(b) Spinning toys.
(c) Noisy toys.
(d) Windup toys.
13. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
(a) Because of a contract that insured that they needed to be made aware of medical conditions of family members.
(b) Because another patient is the family member of a coworker.
(c) Because of insurance purposes.
(d) Because of her behavior at a function.
14. What started happening, during the spring of 1984, that brought to light a strange pattern in Lori's life for her parents?
(a) Lori locking herself in the bathroom for hours.
(b) Lori stopped eating.
(c) Lori started ignoring her mother.
(d) Odd houred incomming phone calls.
15. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
(a) The Voices.
(b) Her hope.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her sanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what holiday did Mark and Sally plan on announcing their engagement?
2. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
3. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
4. At what time did Lori go to the window to await her parents arrival every day?
5. Who did Lori say that she tried to find so that she could obtain some cocaine?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)