|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she had gotten married.
(b) That she stopped taking her medication.
(c) That she had had a miscarriage.
(d) That she was taking illegal drugs.
2. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
(a) October of 1984.
(b) April of 1983.
(c) November of 1985.
(d) March of 1986.
3. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
(a) She went into a rage.
(b) She tried to commit suicide again.
(c) She attacked another patient.
(d) She was caught with illegal drugs.
4. What did "elopement" mean at the hospital that Lori signed herself into in November of 1985?
(a) Medication needs to be changed.
(b) In need of different doctor.
(c) To run away.
(d) To meet up with other patients.
5. What sounds caused Lori to call the police from her mental hospital?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) A woman yelling her name.
(c) Her brother yelling for help.
(d) Dogs attacking a person.
6. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The compartments in her brain.
(b) The gears that fueled the Voices.
(c) The tunnel to the voices.
(d) The tie to Lori's past.
7. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
8. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
(a) At least six months.
(b) At least nine months.
(c) At least a year.
(d) At least two years.
9. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The Voices.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her doctor.
10. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
(a) Because she got a boyfriend.
(b) Because she was discharged from the hospital.
(c) Because she started taking her medication.
(d) Because she got a job.
11. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
(b) The Voices.
(c) Taking her medication.
(d) Any anger she had.
12. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
13. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
14. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Dr. Rockland.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
15. What color was the comforter that Lori's mother bought her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of game did Lori throw during her stay in the intermediate-care unit?
2. How much did Lori pay to join a dating service?
3. What was Mark's GPA in high school?
4. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
5. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)