|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Dr. Rockland.
(d) Her mother.
2. What kind of meeting was held at 8:30 a.m. every day at the hospital that Lori was admitted to?
(a) Medication nurse meeting.
(b) Doctor meeting.
(c) A community meeting.
(d) Patient only meeting.
3. What did the status "O.U." mean?
(a) Ongoing Unit.
(b) Outside Ultion.
(c) Open Unit.
(d) Ongoing Urgent.
4. Where did Lori sign herself into in November of 1985?
(a) Bellevue Hospital.
(b) New York Hospital.
(c) Gatewood Institute.
(d) Briar Hills Hospital.
5. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
(a) She was caught with illegal drugs.
(b) She attacked another patient.
(c) She tried to commit suicide again.
(d) She went into a rage.
6. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
7. What did Dr. Fischer and Dr. Doller say the Voices were a part of, when explaining them to Lori?
(a) An imaginary symptom.
(b) A relighting of her past.
(c) A misunderstanding of her sickness.
(d) A part of her.
8. Where did Mark chose to go to college?
9. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
10. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
(a) That she would be okay.
(b) That he loved her.
(c) That she would never go back to the hospital.
(d) That the medication was working.
11. What was the name of Lori's doctor in the extended care unit?
(a) Dr. Doller.
(b) Dr. Gordon.
(c) Dr. Daniels.
(d) Dr. Towers.
12. How much did Lori pay to join a dating service?
(a) 300 dollars.
(b) 1,000 dollars.
(c) 750 dollars.
(d) 500 dollars.
13. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
(a) Put her on a pedestal for too long.
(b) Ignored her sickness.
(c) Tried to make excuses for her illness.
(d) Forgot that people are vulnerable.
14. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
(a) The golf course.
(b) The supermarket.
(c) The movies.
(d) The park.
15. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
2. What did Marvin want Lori to write down (because of this, she kept a paper and pencil by her bed)?
3. Why did being at New York Hospital (1987) frighten Lori?
4. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
5. What were Lori's parents trying to protect Lori from by not telling anyone about her illness?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)