|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being removed from Dr. Brockland's office, what did Lori use to wrap around her neck in another one of her suicide attempts?
(a) A belt.
(b) A scarf-a gift from her parents.
(c) A phone cord.
(d) A lamp cord.
2. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
(a) November of 1985.
(b) April of 1983.
(c) March of 1986.
(d) October of 1984.
3. What did the status "O.U." mean?
(a) Open Unit.
(b) Ongoing Urgent.
(c) Ongoing Unit.
(d) Outside Ultion.
4. What did the status "C.O." mean?
(a) Considered Ongoing.
(b) Coordinated Ongoing.
(c) Collaborative Observation.
(d) Constant Observation.
5. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
6. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
7. In the beginning of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", what did Marvin compare Lori's behavior to?
(a) A zombie.
(b) A peeping tom.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A clown.
8. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
9. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
(a) Barney-"ette" the Dinosaur.
(b) Pillsbury Dough "Girl".
(c) The Micheline "Woman".
(d) Paul-ina Bunion.
10. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Lori would end up back in the hospital.
(b) Sally would get sick.
(c) Mark would get sick.
(d) They would break up.
11. What did Lori state was her "activity" when she was in the hospital in 1985?
12. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
(b) Taking her medication.
(c) The Voices.
(d) Any anger she had.
13. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Labor Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
14. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
(a) That she would never go back to the hospital.
(b) That she would be okay.
(c) That he loved her.
(d) That the medication was working.
15. What started happening, during the spring of 1984, that brought to light a strange pattern in Lori's life for her parents?
(a) Lori started ignoring her mother.
(b) Lori stopped eating.
(c) Odd houred incomming phone calls.
(d) Lori locking herself in the bathroom for hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
2. Where did Lori sign herself into in November of 1985?
3. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
4. In Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989", what did Lori state that she "tried to understand about"?
5. What serial killer did Lori see in a hallucination?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)