|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sounds caused Lori to call the police from her mental hospital?
(a) Her brother yelling for help.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) A woman yelling her name.
(d) Dogs attacking a person.
2. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
3. How old was Marvin turning when Lori stood up and thanked him for his support while she was in the hospital?
4. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
5. Who could hear Lori's Voices?
(a) Lori and Dr. Rockland.
(c) Lori and her siblings.
(d) Only her.
6. Who did Lori meet in the halfway house that smoked marijuana with?
7. What did Lori say that she realized "really lay down that road"?
(a) True insanity.
(b) More mutilation.
8. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
(a) Because of the medications.
(b) Because of the intensity of the Voices.
(c) Because of the nightmares she was having.
(d) Because of the monsters in her bed.
9. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
(a) The mutilalization of herself.
(b) The multiple suicide attempts.
(c) The rages.
(d) When Lori committed herself to the hospital.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", what did Marvin compare Lori's behavior to?
(a) A clown.
(b) A zombie.
(c) A peeping tom.
(d) A dead dog.
11. What did "elopement" mean at the hospital that Lori signed herself into in November of 1985?
(a) In need of different doctor.
(b) To meet up with other patients.
(c) To run away.
(d) Medication needs to be changed.
12. At what time did Lori go to the window to await her parents arrival every day?
13. What was the name of Marvin's secretary that would always put Lori's calls through immediately whenever she called his office?
(a) Laura Myers.
(b) Tara Wright.
(c) Bethany Miller.
(d) Anne Schiff.
14. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
(a) The supermarket.
(b) The park.
(c) The movies.
(d) The golf course.
15. What happened after visiting hours at the hospital that Lori committed herself to in 1985?
(a) Patient-doctor visits.
(c) Movie time.
(d) Snack time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of toys did Lori have "a passion for"?
2. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
3. In Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989", what did Lori state that she "tried to understand about"?
4. Who did Lori see, in a hallucination, from her past whom she had not thought of in ten years?
5. What did wear to school one time in hopes that someone would ask what was wrong?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)