|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
(a) Because she started taking her medication.
(b) Because she was discharged from the hospital.
(c) Because she got a job.
(d) Because she got a boyfriend.
2. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The tunnel to the voices.
(b) The gears that fueled the Voices.
(c) The tie to Lori's past.
(d) The compartments in her brain.
3. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
4. What serial killer did Lori see in a hallucination?
(a) Robert Pickerton.
(b) John Wayne Gacy.
(c) Charles Manson.
(d) Ted Bundy.
5. What did Mark claim Lori was when they were growing up?
6. What did Lori learn to do to subside the Voices?
(a) Ignore the voices.
(b) Let her own anger out.
(c) Stiffle her anger.
(d) Talk back to her Voices.
7. What did Lori state was her "activity" when she was in the hospital in 1985?
8. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
(a) For attention.
(b) To upset her parents.
(c) To give into the Voices.
(d) To end her suffering.
9. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
10. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
(a) Because of her behavior at a function.
(b) Because another patient is the family member of a coworker.
(c) Because of a contract that insured that they needed to be made aware of medical conditions of family members.
(d) Because of insurance purposes.
11. In Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989", what did Lori state that she "tried to understand about"?
(a) Her medications.
(b) Her past.
(c) The Voices.
(d) The future.
12. What was the scale that Lori came up with to determine the strength of the Voices?
13. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
(c) Labor Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
14. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
15. How old was Marvin turning when Lori stood up and thanked him for his support while she was in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori see, in a hallucination, from her past whom she had not thought of in ten years?
2. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
3. What color was the comforter that Lori's mother bought her?
4. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
5. Regardless of what time Lori got out of bed, what did she admit to doing for the entire day while at the hospital in 1985?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)