|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
(a) At least two years.
(b) At least six months.
(c) At least a year.
(d) At least nine months.
2. Who did Lori meet in the halfway house that smoked marijuana with?
3. What started happening, during the spring of 1984, that brought to light a strange pattern in Lori's life for her parents?
(a) Lori started ignoring her mother.
(b) Lori stopped eating.
(c) Odd houred incomming phone calls.
(d) Lori locking herself in the bathroom for hours.
4. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
(a) Put her on a pedestal for too long.
(b) Ignored her sickness.
(c) Forgot that people are vulnerable.
(d) Tried to make excuses for her illness.
5. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
(a) Because another patient is the family member of a coworker.
(b) Because of a contract that insured that they needed to be made aware of medical conditions of family members.
(c) Because of insurance purposes.
(d) Because of her behavior at a function.
6. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
7. What color was the comforter that Lori's mother bought her?
8. Who did Lori say that she tried to find so that she could obtain some cocaine?
9. What did wear to school one time in hopes that someone would ask what was wrong?
(b) Fake bruises.
(c) Duct tape.
10. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
(a) To upset her parents.
(b) To give into the Voices.
(c) To end her suffering.
(d) For attention.
11. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
(a) Pillsbury Dough "Girl".
(b) The Micheline "Woman".
(c) Barney-"ette" the Dinosaur.
(d) Paul-ina Bunion.
12. What happened after visiting hours at the hospital that Lori committed herself to in 1985?
(a) Movie time.
(b) Patient-doctor visits.
(c) Snack time.
13. Regardless of what time Lori got out of bed, what did she admit to doing for the entire day while at the hospital in 1985?
(a) Wishing the day away.
(b) Wishing harm on her doctors.
(c) Wishing harm on her parents.
(d) Wishing she could be successful at committing suicide.
14. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The gears that fueled the Voices.
(b) The compartments in her brain.
(c) The tie to Lori's past.
(d) The tunnel to the voices.
15. What were Lori's parents trying to protect Lori from by not telling anyone about her illness?
(b) Another suicide attempt.
(d) An anger outburst.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the status "O.U." mean?
2. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
3. What did Mark claim Lori was when they were growing up?
4. How old was Marvin turning when Lori stood up and thanked him for his support while she was in the hospital?
5. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)