|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lori say that she tried to find so that she could obtain some cocaine?
2. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Her father.
(d) The Voices.
3. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
(a) To end her suffering.
(b) To give into the Voices.
(c) For attention.
(d) To upset her parents.
4. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she had gotten married.
(b) That she had had a miscarriage.
(c) That she stopped taking her medication.
(d) That she was taking illegal drugs.
5. Why did being at New York Hospital (1987) frighten Lori?
(a) It was "too white".
(b) It was "just too different".
(c) It was new.
(d) It was the "end of the road".
6. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
(a) She attacked another patient.
(b) She went into a rage.
(c) She tried to commit suicide again.
(d) She was caught with illegal drugs.
7. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
8. How much did Lori pay to join a dating service?
(a) 500 dollars.
(b) 300 dollars.
(c) 1,000 dollars.
(d) 750 dollars.
9. What color was the comforter that Lori's mother bought her?
10. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
(a) The Voices.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her sanity.
(d) Her hope.
11. What did Mark admit made him less understanding of Lori's illness?
(a) His own failure to understand.
(b) His own depression.
(c) His own fears.
(d) His own weaknesses.
12. What did Lori come to realize that the Voices had behind them?
13. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
(a) His brother- Steven.
(b) His mother- Nancy.
(c) His father-Marvin.
(d) His sister- Lori.
14. What did the status "O.U." mean?
(a) Ongoing Unit.
(b) Ongoing Urgent.
(c) Open Unit.
(d) Outside Ultion.
15. What did Lori learn to do to subside the Voices?
(a) Talk back to her Voices.
(b) Let her own anger out.
(c) Stiffle her anger.
(d) Ignore the voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being removed from Dr. Brockland's office, what did Lori use to wrap around her neck in another one of her suicide attempts?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", what did Marvin compare Lori's behavior to?
3. What did wear to school one time in hopes that someone would ask what was wrong?
4. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
5. What happened after visiting hours at the hospital that Lori committed herself to in 1985?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)