|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
(a) Because of the nightmares she was having.
(b) Because of the monsters in her bed.
(c) Because of the medications.
(d) Because of the intensity of the Voices.
2. What kind of game did Lori throw during her stay in the intermediate-care unit?
(c) A backgammon game.
(d) A Monopoly game.
3. What did Dr. Fischer and Dr. Doller say the Voices were a part of, when explaining them to Lori?
(a) A part of her.
(b) A misunderstanding of her sickness.
(c) An imaginary symptom.
(d) A relighting of her past.
4. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
(a) Because another patient is the family member of a coworker.
(b) Because of her behavior at a function.
(c) Because of insurance purposes.
(d) Because of a contract that insured that they needed to be made aware of medical conditions of family members.
5. What was Mark's GPA in high school?
6. After the "power struggle" at Marvin's work had ended, over how many offices did Martin have responsibility over?
7. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
(a) 3 South.
(b) Bellrive East.
(c) Bellford South.
(d) 4 North.
8. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
9. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
10. What were Lori's parents trying to protect Lori from by not telling anyone about her illness?
(a) An anger outburst.
(c) Another suicide attempt.
11. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
12. What did Lori say that she realized "really lay down that road"?
(b) More mutilation.
(d) True insanity.
13. What serial killer did Lori see in a hallucination?
(a) Charles Manson.
(b) Robert Pickerton.
(c) John Wayne Gacy.
(d) Ted Bundy.
14. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
(a) That she would never go back to the hospital.
(b) That he loved her.
(c) That the medication was working.
(d) That she would be okay.
15. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did Lori go to the window to await her parents arrival every day?
2. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
3. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
4. Who did Lori see, in a hallucination, from her past whom she had not thought of in ten years?
5. What happened after visiting hours at the hospital that Lori committed herself to in 1985?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)