|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she stopped taking her medication.
(b) That she had had a miscarriage.
(c) That she had gotten married.
(d) That she was taking illegal drugs.
2. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
3. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
(a) His brother- Steven.
(b) His mother- Nancy.
(c) His father-Marvin.
(d) His sister- Lori.
4. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
5. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
(a) Her life.
(b) The Voices.
(c) Her hope.
(d) Her sanity.
6. In the beginning of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", what did Marvin compare Lori's behavior to?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) A clown.
(c) A peeping tom.
(d) A zombie.
7. What did Lori come to realize that the Voices had behind them?
8. What did Mark admit made him less understanding of Lori's illness?
(a) His own failure to understand.
(b) His own fears.
(c) His own depression.
(d) His own weaknesses.
9. What did "elopement" mean at the hospital that Lori signed herself into in November of 1985?
(a) To run away.
(b) Medication needs to be changed.
(c) In need of different doctor.
(d) To meet up with other patients.
10. What was the name of Lori's doctor in the extended care unit?
(a) Dr. Gordon.
(b) Dr. Daniels.
(c) Dr. Doller.
(d) Dr. Towers.
11. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Sally would get sick.
(b) Lori would end up back in the hospital.
(c) They would break up.
(d) Mark would get sick.
12. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The gears that fueled the Voices.
(b) The compartments in her brain.
(c) The tie to Lori's past.
(d) The tunnel to the voices.
13. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
(a) Because of a contract that insured that they needed to be made aware of medical conditions of family members.
(b) Because of her behavior at a function.
(c) Because another patient is the family member of a coworker.
(d) Because of insurance purposes.
14. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
(a) Barney-"ette" the Dinosaur.
(b) Pillsbury Dough "Girl".
(c) Paul-ina Bunion.
(d) The Micheline "Woman".
15. What was Mark's GPA in high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lori state was her "activity" when she was in the hospital in 1985?
2. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
3. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
4. How many beds were in the hospital that Lori began working at in the fall of 1984?
5. What kind of meeting was held at 8:30 a.m. every day at the hospital that Lori was admitted to?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)