|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did wear to school one time in hopes that someone would ask what was wrong?
(c) Duct tape.
(d) Fake bruises.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", what did Marvin compare Lori's behavior to?
(a) A clown.
(b) A zombie.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A peeping tom.
3. Where did Mark chose to go to college?
4. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
(a) At least six months.
(b) At least a year.
(c) At least two years.
(d) At least nine months.
5. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
(a) 4 North.
(b) 3 South.
(c) Bellford South.
(d) Bellrive East.
6. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
(a) The rages.
(b) The mutilalization of herself.
(c) When Lori committed herself to the hospital.
(d) The multiple suicide attempts.
7. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
8. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she had gotten married.
(b) That she had had a miscarriage.
(c) That she stopped taking her medication.
(d) That she was taking illegal drugs.
9. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Lori would end up back in the hospital.
(b) Mark would get sick.
(c) They would break up.
(d) Sally would get sick.
10. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
(a) Paul-ina Bunion.
(b) Barney-"ette" the Dinosaur.
(c) Pillsbury Dough "Girl".
(d) The Micheline "Woman".
11. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
(a) His father-Marvin.
(b) His mother- Nancy.
(c) His sister- Lori.
(d) His brother- Steven.
12. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Labor Day.
13. What kind of game did Lori throw during her stay in the intermediate-care unit?
(a) A backgammon game.
(c) A Monopoly game.
14. At what time did Lori go to the window to await her parents arrival every day?
15. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
(a) March of 1986.
(b) October of 1984.
(c) November of 1985.
(d) April of 1983.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serial killer did Lori see in a hallucination?
2. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
3. What did "elopement" mean at the hospital that Lori signed herself into in November of 1985?
4. What was the name of Marvin's secretary that would always put Lori's calls through immediately whenever she called his office?
5. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)