|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mark admit made him less understanding of Lori's illness?
(a) His own fears.
(b) His own depression.
(c) His own weaknesses.
(d) His own failure to understand.
2. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
(a) She tried to commit suicide again.
(b) She went into a rage.
(c) She was caught with illegal drugs.
(d) She attacked another patient.
3. At what holiday did Mark and Sally plan on announcing their engagement?
(d) Valentine's Day.
4. What was the name of Lori's doctor in the extended care unit?
(a) Dr. Doller.
(b) Dr. Towers.
(c) Dr. Daniels.
(d) Dr. Gordon.
5. What did Marvin want Lori to write down (because of this, she kept a paper and pencil by her bed)?
(a) What the voices said to her.
(b) The things that made her angry.
(c) Her thoughts.
(d) Her dreams.
6. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
(a) Bellevue Hospital.
(b) New York Hospital.
(c) Westhaven Mental Hospital.
(d) Rye Psychiatric.
7. What was the scale that Lori came up with to determine the strength of the Voices?
8. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Dr. Rockland.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
9. What did Lori learn to do to subside the Voices?
(a) Ignore the voices.
(b) Let her own anger out.
(c) Stiffle her anger.
(d) Talk back to her Voices.
10. Where did Lori sign herself into in November of 1985?
(a) Bellevue Hospital.
(b) Gatewood Institute.
(c) Briar Hills Hospital.
(d) New York Hospital.
11. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
(a) April of 1983.
(b) November of 1985.
(c) March of 1986.
(d) October of 1984.
12. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
(a) They would break up.
(b) Sally would get sick.
(c) Lori would end up back in the hospital.
(d) Mark would get sick.
13. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
(a) Any anger she had.
(b) The Voices.
(d) Taking her medication.
14. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
15. What was Mark's GPA in high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
2. What started happening, during the spring of 1984, that brought to light a strange pattern in Lori's life for her parents?
3. After the "power struggle" at Marvin's work had ended, over how many offices did Martin have responsibility over?
4. At what time did Lori go to the window to await her parents arrival every day?
5. What did Lori state was her "activity" when she was in the hospital in 1985?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)