|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the store that Melvin and Lori would stop at and he would buy her a Diet Coke and a soft pretzel?
(b) Pete's Pretzels.
2. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
3. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
(a) Put her on a pedestal for too long.
(b) Forgot that people are vulnerable.
(c) Ignored her sickness.
(d) Tried to make excuses for her illness.
4. What was the name of Marvin's secretary that would always put Lori's calls through immediately whenever she called his office?
(a) Laura Myers.
(b) Anne Schiff.
(c) Bethany Miller.
(d) Tara Wright.
5. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
(a) Because of the monsters in her bed.
(b) Because of the nightmares she was having.
(c) Because of the medications.
(d) Because of the intensity of the Voices.
6. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
(a) The movies.
(b) The golf course.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The park.
7. What did Marvin want Lori to write down (because of this, she kept a paper and pencil by her bed)?
(a) Her thoughts.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) The things that made her angry.
(d) What the voices said to her.
8. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
(a) October of 1984.
(b) March of 1986.
(c) April of 1983.
(d) November of 1985.
9. What did Dr. Fischer and Dr. Doller say the Voices were a part of, when explaining them to Lori?
(a) A part of her.
(b) A relighting of her past.
(c) An imaginary symptom.
(d) A misunderstanding of her sickness.
10. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her hope.
(c) The Voices.
(d) Her sanity.
11. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
12. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
(a) For attention.
(b) To end her suffering.
(c) To upset her parents.
(d) To give into the Voices.
13. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
(a) Barney-"ette" the Dinosaur.
(b) Paul-ina Bunion.
(c) The Micheline "Woman".
(d) Pillsbury Dough "Girl".
14. At what holiday did Mark and Sally plan on announcing their engagement?
(c) Valentine's Day.
15. What did wear to school one time in hopes that someone would ask what was wrong?
(b) Duct tape.
(d) Fake bruises.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Marvin turning when Lori stood up and thanked him for his support while she was in the hospital?
2. What kind of meeting was held at 8:30 a.m. every day at the hospital that Lori was admitted to?
3. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
4. Who did Lori see, in a hallucination, from her past whom she had not thought of in ten years?
5. Who did Lori go on a date with, set up by the dating service, that allowed her to come home laughing after the date was over?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)