|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori say that she realized "really lay down that road"?
(a) True insanity.
(c) More mutilation.
2. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
(a) His father-Marvin.
(b) His mother- Nancy.
(c) His brother- Steven.
(d) His sister- Lori.
3. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
(a) Ignored her sickness.
(b) Put her on a pedestal for too long.
(c) Forgot that people are vulnerable.
(d) Tried to make excuses for her illness.
4. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
(a) 4 North.
(b) Bellford South.
(c) Bellrive East.
(d) 3 South.
5. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
(a) The mutilalization of herself.
(b) The multiple suicide attempts.
(c) The rages.
(d) When Lori committed herself to the hospital.
6. What kind of toys did Lori have "a passion for"?
(a) Spinning toys.
(b) Noisy toys.
(c) Windup toys.
(d) Bouncing toys.
7. What kind of game did Lori throw during her stay in the intermediate-care unit?
(b) A backgammon game.
(c) A Monopoly game.
8. In the beginning of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", what did Marvin compare Lori's behavior to?
(a) A zombie.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A clown.
(d) A peeping tom.
9. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
(a) Because of the monsters in her bed.
(b) Because of the intensity of the Voices.
(c) Because of the medications.
(d) Because of the nightmares she was having.
10. What did Lori learn to do to subside the Voices?
(a) Talk back to her Voices.
(b) Ignore the voices.
(c) Let her own anger out.
(d) Stiffle her anger.
11. What did the status "C.O." mean?
(a) Considered Ongoing.
(b) Coordinated Ongoing.
(c) Constant Observation.
(d) Collaborative Observation.
12. Who could hear Lori's Voices?
(b) Only her.
(c) Lori and Dr. Rockland.
(d) Lori and her siblings.
13. At what holiday did Mark and Sally plan on announcing their engagement?
(a) Valentine's Day.
14. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
15. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
Short Answer Questions
1. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
2. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
3. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
4. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
5. In Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989", what did Lori state that she "tried to understand about"?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)