|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what kind of "typical" kid did Mark describe himself as?
(a) The "middle kid".
(b) The "irresponsible younger child".
(c) The "responsible older child".
(d) The "forgotten" kid.
2. How many beds were in the hospital that Lori began working at in the fall of 1984?
3. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
4. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
(a) The park.
(b) The supermarket.
(c) The movies.
(d) The golf course.
5. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
(a) She went into a rage.
(b) She attacked another patient.
(c) She tried to commit suicide again.
(d) She was caught with illegal drugs.
6. Who did Lori meet in the halfway house that smoked marijuana with?
7. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Mark would get sick.
(b) Sally would get sick.
(c) Lori would end up back in the hospital.
(d) They would break up.
8. To whom did Lori compare her new psychiatrist, from the extended care unit, to?
(a) Pillsbury Dough "Girl".
(b) Barney-"ette" the Dinosaur.
(c) The Micheline "Woman".
(d) Paul-ina Bunion.
9. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Dr. Rockland.
(d) Her father.
10. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The Voices.
11. What did Mark claim Lori was when they were growing up?
12. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
(a) The Voices.
(b) Her hope.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her sanity.
13. What did "elopement" mean at the hospital that Lori signed herself into in November of 1985?
(a) In need of different doctor.
(b) Medication needs to be changed.
(c) To run away.
(d) To meet up with other patients.
14. What sounds caused Lori to call the police from her mental hospital?
(a) A baby crying.
(b) Her brother yelling for help.
(c) Dogs attacking a person.
(d) A woman yelling her name.
15. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
(a) Because of her behavior at a function.
(b) Because another patient is the family member of a coworker.
(c) Because of a contract that insured that they needed to be made aware of medical conditions of family members.
(d) Because of insurance purposes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Fischer and Dr. Doller say the Voices were a part of, when explaining them to Lori?
2. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
3. What did wear to school one time in hopes that someone would ask what was wrong?
4. Who did Lori say that she tried to find so that she could obtain some cocaine?
5. What was the scale that Lori came up with to determine the strength of the Voices?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)