|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
2. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
3. What happened after visiting hours at the hospital that Lori committed herself to in 1985?
(a) Snack time.
(c) Patient-doctor visits.
(d) Movie time.
4. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
(a) Forgot that people are vulnerable.
(b) Ignored her sickness.
(c) Tried to make excuses for her illness.
(d) Put her on a pedestal for too long.
5. Who did Lori meet in the halfway house that smoked marijuana with?
6. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
(a) That the medication was working.
(b) That she would be okay.
(c) That she would never go back to the hospital.
(d) That he loved her.
7. Why did being at New York Hospital (1987) frighten Lori?
(a) It was new.
(b) It was "just too different".
(c) It was the "end of the road".
(d) It was "too white".
8. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
(a) Westhaven Mental Hospital.
(b) Bellevue Hospital.
(c) New York Hospital.
(d) Rye Psychiatric.
9. What did Lori come to realize that the Voices had behind them?
10. What did Dr. Fischer and Dr. Doller say the Voices were a part of, when explaining them to Lori?
(a) An imaginary symptom.
(b) A misunderstanding of her sickness.
(c) A relighting of her past.
(d) A part of her.
11. What kind of meeting was held at 8:30 a.m. every day at the hospital that Lori was admitted to?
(a) Doctor meeting.
(b) A community meeting.
(c) Patient only meeting.
(d) Medication nurse meeting.
12. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
(a) Bellrive East.
(b) 3 South.
(c) 4 North.
(d) Bellford South.
13. What was Mark's GPA in high school?
14. At what time did Lori go to the window to await her parents arrival every day?
15. What did the status "O.U." mean?
(a) Outside Ultion.
(b) Ongoing Unit.
(c) Ongoing Urgent.
(d) Open Unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "tiny gleam" helped Lori to make the decision to admit herself to an extended care unit?
2. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
3. What did Lori say that she realized "really lay down that road"?
4. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
5. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)