|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Marvin turning when Lori stood up and thanked him for his support while she was in the hospital?
2. What had Mark done to Lori that made it impossible for him to believe that she was sick?
(a) Ignored her sickness.
(b) Put her on a pedestal for too long.
(c) Forgot that people are vulnerable.
(d) Tried to make excuses for her illness.
3. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
(a) The Voices.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
(a) At least a year.
(b) At least two years.
(c) At least six months.
(d) At least nine months.
5. What did Lori state was her "activity" when she was in the hospital in 1985?
6. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The tie to Lori's past.
(b) The compartments in her brain.
(c) The gears that fueled the Voices.
(d) The tunnel to the voices.
7. What was Mark's GPA in high school?
8. Who did Lori say that she tried to find so that she could obtain some cocaine?
9. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
10. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
11. Why did being at New York Hospital (1987) frighten Lori?
(a) It was "too white".
(b) It was "just too different".
(c) It was new.
(d) It was the "end of the road".
12. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
(a) To end her suffering.
(b) For attention.
(c) To upset her parents.
(d) To give into the Voices.
13. What kind of toys did Lori have "a passion for"?
(a) Noisy toys.
(b) Bouncing toys.
(c) Spinning toys.
(d) Windup toys.
14. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
15. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Dr. Rockland.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who could hear Lori's Voices?
2. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
3. Who did Lori go on a date with, set up by the dating service, that allowed her to come home laughing after the date was over?
4. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
5. What kind of game did Lori throw during her stay in the intermediate-care unit?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)