|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lori see, in a hallucination, from her past whom she had not thought of in ten years?
(a) Steve Myers.
(b) David Blume.
(c) Fred Zaltas.
(d) Riley Simmons.
2. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
(a) The multiple suicide attempts.
(b) The rages.
(c) The mutilalization of herself.
(d) When Lori committed herself to the hospital.
3. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
(a) His sister- Lori.
(b) His brother- Steven.
(c) His father-Marvin.
(d) His mother- Nancy.
4. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
(a) Because another patient is the family member of a coworker.
(b) Because of insurance purposes.
(c) Because of a contract that insured that they needed to be made aware of medical conditions of family members.
(d) Because of her behavior at a function.
5. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
(a) She went into a rage.
(b) She attacked another patient.
(c) She tried to commit suicide again.
(d) She was caught with illegal drugs.
6. Who could hear Lori's Voices?
(a) Lori and her siblings.
(b) Lori and Dr. Rockland.
(d) Only her.
7. Why did being at New York Hospital (1987) frighten Lori?
(a) It was "just too different".
(b) It was new.
(c) It was "too white".
(d) It was the "end of the road".
8. What was the name of Marvin's secretary that would always put Lori's calls through immediately whenever she called his office?
(a) Bethany Miller.
(b) Laura Myers.
(c) Tara Wright.
(d) Anne Schiff.
9. What happened after visiting hours at the hospital that Lori committed herself to in 1985?
(a) Snack time.
(b) Movie time.
(d) Patient-doctor visits.
10. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
(a) Because she got a boyfriend.
(b) Because she got a job.
(c) Because she was discharged from the hospital.
(d) Because she started taking her medication.
11. What did Mark claim Lori was when they were growing up?
12. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she stopped taking her medication.
(b) That she had gotten married.
(c) That she was taking illegal drugs.
(d) That she had had a miscarriage.
13. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
14. Who called Sally to order her to meet Marvin, Nancy, and Mark at a restaurant in Chicago?
15. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Dr. Rockland.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori go on a date with, set up by the dating service, that allowed her to come home laughing after the date was over?
2. What kind of meeting was held at 8:30 a.m. every day at the hospital that Lori was admitted to?
3. Where did Mark chose to go to college?
4. In Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989", what did Lori state that she "tried to understand about"?
5. What was the name of the store that Melvin and Lori would stop at and he would buy her a Diet Coke and a soft pretzel?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)