|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lori's doctor in the extended care unit?
(a) Dr. Daniels.
(b) Dr. Doller.
(c) Dr. Gordon.
(d) Dr. Towers.
2. How many beds were in the hospital that Lori began working at in the fall of 1984?
3. What did Lori learn to do to subside the Voices?
(a) Let her own anger out.
(b) Talk back to her Voices.
(c) Stiffle her anger.
(d) Ignore the voices.
4. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
(a) That she would be okay.
(b) That she would never go back to the hospital.
(c) That he loved her.
(d) That the medication was working.
5. What had to be "closed" for Lori to be safe?
(a) The tunnel to the voices.
(b) The tie to Lori's past.
(c) The gears that fueled the Voices.
(d) The compartments in her brain.
6. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
(a) The Voices.
(c) Any anger she had.
(d) Taking her medication.
7. What did Dr. Fischer and Dr. Doller say the Voices were a part of, when explaining them to Lori?
(a) A misunderstanding of her sickness.
(b) A part of her.
(c) An imaginary symptom.
(d) A relighting of her past.
8. What started happening, during the spring of 1984, that brought to light a strange pattern in Lori's life for her parents?
(a) Lori started ignoring her mother.
(b) Lori locking herself in the bathroom for hours.
(c) Lori stopped eating.
(d) Odd houred incomming phone calls.
9. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
10. What serial killer did Lori see in a hallucination?
(a) Ted Bundy.
(b) John Wayne Gacy.
(c) Robert Pickerton.
(d) Charles Manson.
11. What did Mark claim Lori was when they were growing up?
12. In the beginning of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", what did Marvin compare Lori's behavior to?
(a) A peeping tom.
(b) A zombie.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A clown.
13. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
(a) Bellford South.
(b) 3 South.
(c) Bellrive East.
(d) 4 North.
14. While in New York Hospital, in 1987, how many cassette tapes did Lori have with her?
15. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
(a) His sister- Lori.
(b) His brother- Steven.
(c) His mother- Nancy.
(d) His father-Marvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Marvin turning when Lori stood up and thanked him for his support while she was in the hospital?
2. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
3. What month and year did Mark meet Sally?
4. Who could hear Lori's Voices?
5. What was the name of the store that Melvin and Lori would stop at and he would buy her a Diet Coke and a soft pretzel?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)