|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many beds were in the hospital that Lori began working at in the fall of 1984?
2. Who did Lori go on a date with, set up by the dating service, that allowed her to come home laughing after the date was over?
(a) A trash collector.
(b) A comic.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A magician.
3. Where did Lori sign herself into in November of 1985?
(a) Bellevue Hospital.
(b) New York Hospital.
(c) Gatewood Institute.
(d) Briar Hills Hospital.
4. What kind of meeting was held at 8:30 a.m. every day at the hospital that Lori was admitted to?
(a) Doctor meeting.
(b) Patient only meeting.
(c) A community meeting.
(d) Medication nurse meeting.
5. When Lori decided to sign herself into the extended stay unit, what did she state she was starting a war with?
(a) Her sanity.
(b) Her hope.
(c) Her life.
(d) The Voices.
6. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Mark would get sick.
(b) They would break up.
(c) Lori would end up back in the hospital.
(d) Sally would get sick.
7. How many sizes of clothing did Lori bring with her to New York Hospital (1987)?
8. What was the one thing that Marvin insisted that Lori talk to him about?
(b) The Voices.
(c) Any anger she had.
(d) Taking her medication.
9. What happened at Christmas in 1985 that forced Lori into the intermediate-care unit?
(a) She went into a rage.
(b) She was caught with illegal drugs.
(c) She attacked another patient.
(d) She tried to commit suicide again.
10. What did Lori say that she "mastered" in Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989"?
(a) The Quiet Room.
(b) Controlling her anger.
(c) Trusting her doctors.
(d) Listeneing to the Voices.
11. What was the thing that Lori needed to hear over, and over, from Marvin when she was released from the hospital?
(a) That the medication was working.
(b) That she would never go back to the hospital.
(c) That she would be okay.
(d) That he loved her.
12. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) Her father.
(c) The Voices.
(d) Her mother.
13. What holiday was the first one that Mark brought Sally home to meet his family?
(a) Memorial Day.
(c) Labor Day.
14. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
15. Who could hear Lori's Voices?
(b) Lori and her siblings.
(c) Lori and Dr. Rockland.
(d) Only her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what holiday did Mark and Sally plan on announcing their engagement?
2. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
3. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
4. Who did Lori meet in the halfway house that smoked marijuana with?
5. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)