|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", why were Marvin and Nancy delighted with Lori?
(a) Because she started taking her medication.
(b) Because she got a boyfriend.
(c) Because she got a job.
(d) Because she was discharged from the hospital.
2. After being removed from Dr. Brockland's office, what did Lori use to wrap around her neck in another one of her suicide attempts?
(a) A phone cord.
(b) A belt.
(c) A scarf-a gift from her parents.
(d) A lamp cord.
3. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
4. What did "elopement" mean at the hospital that Lori signed herself into in November of 1985?
(a) In need of different doctor.
(b) To meet up with other patients.
(c) To run away.
(d) Medication needs to be changed.
5. What was the topic of the poems that Mark wrote?
6. At what time did Lori go to the window to await her parents arrival every day?
7. Why did Mark thing that Lori tried to commit suicide?
(a) To end her suffering.
(b) For attention.
(c) To give into the Voices.
(d) To upset her parents.
8. What were Lori's parents trying to protect Lori from by not telling anyone about her illness?
(c) An anger outburst.
(d) Another suicide attempt.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984", what did Marvin compare Lori's behavior to?
(a) A peeping tom.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A clown.
(d) A zombie.
10. Who did Lori go on a date with, set up by the dating service, that allowed her to come home laughing after the date was over?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A magician.
(c) A trash collector.
(d) A comic.
11. What did Lori come to realize that the Voices had behind them?
12. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
13. What did Lori say that she "mastered" in Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989"?
(a) Listeneing to the Voices.
(b) Controlling her anger.
(c) The Quiet Room.
(d) Trusting her doctors.
14. What color was the comforter that Lori's mother bought her?
15. What serial killer did Lori see in a hallucination?
(a) Ted Bundy.
(b) John Wayne Gacy.
(c) Robert Pickerton.
(d) Charles Manson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori meet in the halfway house that smoked marijuana with?
2. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
3. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
4. What was the name of the long-term unit that Lori arrived at "in time for lunch"?
5. In Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989", what did Lori state that she "tried to understand about"?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)