|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the comforter that Lori's mother bought her?
2. As a child, what kind of "typical" kid did Mark describe himself as?
(a) The "irresponsible younger child".
(b) The "responsible older child".
(c) The "middle kid".
(d) The "forgotten" kid.
3. Why did Lori state that she could not sleep at night?
(a) Because of the nightmares she was having.
(b) Because of the monsters in her bed.
(c) Because of the intensity of the Voices.
(d) Because of the medications.
4. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
5. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
6. What were Lori's parents trying to protect Lori from by not telling anyone about her illness?
(b) Another suicide attempt.
(d) An anger outburst.
7. Who could hear Lori's Voices?
(a) Lori and her siblings.
(b) Only her.
(c) Lori and Dr. Rockland.
8. How much did Lori pay to join a dating service?
(a) 1,000 dollars.
(b) 750 dollars.
(c) 300 dollars.
(d) 500 dollars.
9. What did Lori say that she "mastered" in Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989"?
(a) The Quiet Room.
(b) Trusting her doctors.
(c) Controlling her anger.
(d) Listeneing to the Voices.
10. What was the day of the week that Lori arrived at one of New York's long-term hospitals for admittance?
11. Why did Marvin have to tell his firm about Lori's condition?
(a) Because of a contract that insured that they needed to be made aware of medical conditions of family members.
(b) Because of insurance purposes.
(c) Because another patient is the family member of a coworker.
(d) Because of her behavior at a function.
12. What did Dr. Fischer and Dr. Doller say the Voices were a part of, when explaining them to Lori?
(a) A part of her.
(b) A relighting of her past.
(c) An imaginary symptom.
(d) A misunderstanding of her sickness.
13. At what time did Lori go to the window to await her parents arrival every day?
14. What kind of toys did Lori have "a passion for"?
(a) Windup toys.
(b) Spinning toys.
(c) Noisy toys.
(d) Bouncing toys.
15. Who did Lori say was going to be her protector during her time in the hospital in 1985?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) Her father.
(c) The Voices.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
2. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
3. What "realization" about Lori "really got to" Mark?
4. At the opening of Chapter 19, "Mark Schiller, Chicago, November 1986", who, from his family, did Mark state had met his girlfriend, Sally?
5. What did Lori say that she realized "really lay down that road"?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)