|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Lori come to find out she would have to stay in an extended care unit where doctors would "make every possible attempt to find a medication that would help" her?
(a) At least a year.
(b) At least six months.
(c) At least two years.
(d) At least nine months.
2. What was the name of Dr. Brockland's secretary?
3. What happened after visiting hours at the hospital that Lori committed herself to in 1985?
(a) Snack time.
(c) Patient-doctor visits.
(d) Movie time.
4. Where did Lori and Melvin walk to on every Sunday afternoon when she was out of the hospital?
(a) The supermarket.
(b) The park.
(c) The golf course.
(d) The movies.
5. What did Lori state was her "activity" when she was in the hospital in 1985?
6. Why did being at New York Hospital (1987) frighten Lori?
(a) It was "just too different".
(b) It was "too white".
(c) It was the "end of the road".
(d) It was new.
7. What did Lori say that she "mastered" in Chapter 24, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, January 1989"?
(a) Controlling her anger.
(b) The Quiet Room.
(c) Listeneing to the Voices.
(d) Trusting her doctors.
8. How old was Marvin turning when Lori stood up and thanked him for his support while she was in the hospital?
9. After the "power struggle" at Marvin's work had ended, over how many offices did Martin have responsibility over?
10. At what time did Lori go to the window to await her parents arrival every day?
11. Where did Lori obtain a job at during the fall of 1984?
(a) New York Hospital.
(b) Westhaven Mental Hospital.
(c) Rye Psychiatric.
(d) Bellevue Hospital.
12. Who did Lori fantasize about beating up for tricking her into committing herself in 1985?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Dr. Rockland.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
13. What did Lori admit to her father at the end of Chapter 13, "Marvin Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, June 1984 - August 1984"?
(a) That she had gotten married.
(b) That she stopped taking her medication.
(c) That she was taking illegal drugs.
(d) That she had had a miscarriage.
14. Who did Lori see, in a hallucination, from her past whom she had not thought of in ten years?
(a) Steve Myers.
(b) Riley Simmons.
(c) David Blume.
(d) Fred Zaltas.
15. What started happening, during the spring of 1984, that brought to light a strange pattern in Lori's life for her parents?
(a) Lori stopped eating.
(b) Lori locking herself in the bathroom for hours.
(c) Odd houred incomming phone calls.
(d) Lori started ignoring her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the comforter that Lori's mother bought her?
2. What was the name of the "enormous black man" that was a nurse on the intermediate-care ward?
3. What was the name of Lori's doctor in the extended care unit?
4. What would happen every time Mark came close to bringing Sally home to meet his family?
5. What was the name of the store that Melvin and Lori would stop at and he would buy her a Diet Coke and a soft pretzel?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)