|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "weapon" did Lori use to kill the animal that "plagued her" as a child?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A knife.
(c) A golf club.
(d) An axe.
2. What month was it at the opening of the book?
3. After visiting Turners Falls, what was the name of the hall that Lori and Tara moved into at college?
(a) Wren Hall.
(b) Wright Hall.
(c) Frenchman Hall.
(d) Richman Hall.
4. What season did Lori Winters find especially "wonderful" in New York?
5. On what day was Lori ordered to leave camp because of her strange behavior?
(a) August 12th.
(b) May 19th.
(c) August 9th.
(d) July 2nd.
6. What college was Steven accepted to?
(b) John Hopkins.
7. Besides the word "psychotic", what other word enraged Lori?
8. What medication did doctors say that Lori needed to take for her schizophrenia?
(c) Atypical antipsychotics.
9. For Lori's family, what word represented "the five of us"?
10. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A blooming flower.
(d) A bagel.
11. What did Lori claim, in Chapter 4,"Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982", was the only thing that her psychiatrist was doing for her?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) Giving her medication.
(c) Making her suicidal.
(d) Scanning her brain.
12. What did Lori look at when the Voices "began to screech and cackle"?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The sky.
(c) The floor.
(d) The trees.
13. Where had Lori Winters been accepted into a training program at (as she described in the opening of Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982")?
(a) Sears and Roebuck.
(b) Grendel and Logan.
(c) Manufacturers Hanover Trust.
(d) American Underwriters.
14. Where was Lori's family moving to during the summer drive across country?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
15. What did Lori place on the back wall of a bookstore that she had visited with her father?
(b) A dollar bill.
(c) A pen.
(d) A sticky note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Lori end up being accepted to and enrolling in?
2. What words did Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982" open with?
3. What, in Lori's family's private language, meant a short haircut?
4. In Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982", where is Lori "on a locked ward" at?
5. What college did Lori decide had the best journalism program?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)