|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Steven was eleven what did he want to be (as noted in Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982")?
(a) With Lori at camp.
(b) Away from home.
(d) In England.
2. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
(a) A bagel.
(b) A blooming flower.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A balloon.
3. When Lori described how much medication she took, what did she state it was difficult for her to do?
(a) Get angry.
(b) Brush her teeth.
4. What month was it at the opening of the book?
5. What college was Steven accepted to?
(d) John Hopkins.
6. Where was Steven's brother, Mark, during the summer prior to his Senior year in high school?
(a) Running a dorm.
(c) Working at the hospital that Lori was in.
7. What was Lori constantly afraid of given the Voices kept saying it would be her fate?
(a) Going crazy.
(c) Ending up in prision.
(d) Murdering someone.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 3, "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981", what did Lori state came more often than torment?
9. What was Lori's GPA when she was applying for colleges?
10. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
(a) It was actually from when she was only 4 years of age and not 10.
(b) It was not remembered correctly- it was a ferret.
(c) It was not true.
(d) It was her brother who did it and not her.
11. What did Lori Winters tell Marvin that Lori had tried to do when the police had arrived at their apartment?
(a) Jump out of the window.
(b) Cut Lori Winters with a knife.
(c) Choke one of the officers.
(d) Grab a policeman's gun.
12. What did Lori and her friends drive to Turners Falls to try?
(c) Shark fishing.
(d) Cliff diving.
13. Where was the "sweet guy" from that was "serious enough to want to marry" Lori?
14. On what day was Lori ordered to leave camp because of her strange behavior?
(a) July 2nd.
(b) August 9th.
(c) August 12th.
(d) May 19th.
15. During the summer prior to Steven's senior year of high school, where did he work?
(a) The city pool.
(b) Big Burt's Pawn.
(c) Cherry Lawn Farm.
(d) Smithon Vet Clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "old wound" did Lori's admittance into the hospital reopen for Steven Schiller?
2. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
3. What "infuriated" Nancy when she stopped at Peppermint Park?
4. What college did Lori decide had the best journalism program?
5. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)