|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori steal from Steve's sundae shop?
2. Where did Lori Winters plan on working when she moved back to her home city?
(a) AB Corporate.
3. For Lori's family, what word represented "the five of us"?
4. What hotel did Lori and Lori believe would make the "ideal place" for their first home?
5. What month was it at the opening of the book?
6. What city did Lori claim to be "so foreign, and far away"?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
7. What card game did Lori Winters say was played on every street corner in New York?
(b) Three-card monte.
(d) Black Jack.
8. What words did Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982" open with?
(a) "Click. Click. Click."
(b) "Tick. Tock."
(c) "Ring. Ring."
9. Why did Lori want to get out of the hospital in 1983?
(a) To be normal.
(b) To be able to go out with boys again.
(c) To be with Lori Winters again.
(d) To commit suicide successfully.
10. What did Lori and her friends drive to Turners Falls to try?
(b) Cliff diving.
(c) Shark fishing.
11. What did Lori climb onto the first time she heard the Voices?
(a) A tree limb.
(b) A neighbor's car.
(c) A roof.
(d) A trampoline.
12. What did Lori look at when the Voices "began to screech and cackle"?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The floor.
(c) The sky.
(d) The trees.
13. Where did Lori and Lori live while they were waiting for their apartment to be ready? (As notated in Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982".)
(a) With Lori Schiller's brother.
(b) Lori Winter's parent's.
(c) Tara's apartment.
(d) Lori Schiller's parent's.
14. What college was Steven accepted to?
(a) John Hopkins.
15. Why did Lori Schiller get fired from the real estate company?
(a) For getting too drunk at a company function.
(b) For talking about employee's personal files.
(c) For coming in late seven times.
(d) For screaming at the owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the one-bedroom in New York that Lori and Lori wanted to rent?
2. After visiting Turners Falls, what was the name of the hall that Lori and Tara moved into at college?
3. What did Marvin Schiller refuse to believe when Lori Winters called him late one night in March of 1982?
4. What "old wound" did Lori's admittance into the hospital reopen for Steven Schiller?
5. What, in Lori's family's private language, meant a short haircut?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)