|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lori climb onto the first time she heard the Voices?
(a) A neighbor's car.
(b) A roof.
(c) A trampoline.
(d) A tree limb.
2. What hotel did Lori and Lori believe would make the "ideal place" for their first home?
3. What did Marvin Schiller refuse to believe when Lori Winters called him late one night in March of 1982?
(a) That Lori had tried to kill herself.
(b) That Lori had attacked Lori Winters.
(c) That Lori needed to go to the hospital.
(d) That Lori was insane.
4. What year (senior, junior, sophomore, or freshman) was Lori getting ready to begin in high school?
(a) Her sophomore year.
(b) Her freshman year.
(c) Her junior year.
(d) Her senior year.
5. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
(a) It was actually from when she was only 4 years of age and not 10.
(b) It was not true.
(c) It was not remembered correctly- it was a ferret.
(d) It was her brother who did it and not her.
6. What college did Lori decide had the best journalism program?
(b) University of Illinois.
7. What problems did Lori find herself facing after leaving the hospital?
(a) Her parents smothering her.
(b) Not having enough freedom.
(c) Not knowing what to do.
(d) Her brothers ignoring her.
8. What did Lori hear the first time the Voices spoke to her?
(a) "You must die!"
(b) "Leave now!"
(c) "Kill him!"
9. What month was it at the opening of the book?
10. Why did Lori want to get out of the hospital in 1983?
(a) To be with Lori Winters again.
(b) To be able to go out with boys again.
(c) To commit suicide successfully.
(d) To be normal.
11. Who told Lori that her parents hated her?
(d) The Voices.
12. What did Lori Schiller do that made her parents angry soon after she got a job selling insurance?
(b) Told them to leave her alone.
(c) Got engaged.
(d) Attacked her brother.
13. Where was the "sweet guy" from that was "serious enough to want to marry" Lori?
14. What was Lori's GPA when she was applying for colleges?
15. What did Nancy Schiller stop to buy at the corner of 66th Street and First Avenue?
(a) Pepermint sticks.
(b) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the counselors at the camp Lori attended call the bunkhouses?
2. What did Lori steal from Steve's sundae shop?
3. How old was Steven Schiller when Lori was first committed?
4. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
5. What "infuriated" Nancy when she stopped at Peppermint Park?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)