|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Tara Sonenshine from originally?
(a) Long Island.
2. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
(a) He had tried to talk to Lori and she slapped him.
(b) He thought he was insane.
(c) He thought that his parents were insane.
(d) He thought his parents were trying to "sweep her (Lori) away".
3. What was Lori's GPA when she was applying for colleges?
4. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
(a) White noise from a television.
(c) A phone ringing.
(d) Claps of thunder.
5. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
(a) It was her brother who did it and not her.
(b) It was actually from when she was only 4 years of age and not 10.
(c) It was not true.
(d) It was not remembered correctly- it was a ferret.
6. What card game did Lori Winters say was played on every street corner in New York?
(c) Black Jack.
(d) Three-card monte.
7. In Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982", where is Lori "on a locked ward" at?
(a) Mont Saint Claire.
(c) Payne Whitney.
(d) Bloomington Fields.
8. In what year did Lori first fall in love at camp?
9. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A bagel.
(c) A blooming flower.
(d) A balloon.
10. Why did Lori Winters have to call 911?
(a) Lori Schiller had slit her wrists.
(b) Lori Schiller had attacked her with a knife.
(c) Lori Schiller had climbed onto a balcony ledge.
(d) Lori Schiller had taken a bottle of pills.
11. Where was Lori's family moving to during the summer drive across country?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. During their senior year at college, what did Lori Winters and other college friends believe was wrong with Lori?
(a) She was doing drugs.
(b) She was in love.
(c) She was having a breakdown.
(d) She was too worried about the future.
13. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
(a) Go to see a doctor.
(b) Feed Lori's dog.
(c) Go see Lori in the hospital.
(d) Take care of his mother.
14. What did Lori Winter's brother go to college for?
(d) Pediatriac cardiology.
15. What season did Lori Winters find especially "wonderful" in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nancy call Lori when she was a baby?
2. Where did Lori Winters plan on working when she moved back to her home city?
3. What did Lori Schiller do that made her parents angry soon after she got a job selling insurance?
4. After visiting Turners Falls, what was the name of the hall that Lori and Tara moved into at college?
5. What did Nancy Schiller stop to buy at the corner of 66th Street and First Avenue?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)