|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did Lori say "plagued her" from her childhood?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A wolf.
2. What, in Lori's family's private language, meant a short haircut?
3. What city did Lori claim to be "so foreign, and far away"?
(a) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
4. What did Lori steal from Steve's sundae shop?
5. Why did Lori Winters have to call 911?
(a) Lori Schiller had taken a bottle of pills.
(b) Lori Schiller had slit her wrists.
(c) Lori Schiller had climbed onto a balcony ledge.
(d) Lori Schiller had attacked her with a knife.
6. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
(a) Go to see a doctor.
(b) Take care of his mother.
(c) Feed Lori's dog.
(d) Go see Lori in the hospital.
7. What card game did Lori Winters say was played on every street corner in New York?
(c) Three-card monte.
(d) Black Jack.
8. What did Nancy's parents do constantly when she was a child?
(a) Spoil her.
(c) Take her to the beach.
(d) Beat her.
9. What did Nancy Schiller stop to buy at the corner of 66th Street and First Avenue?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Pepermint sticks.
10. During the summer of what year did Lori's family drive across country?
11. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
(a) Honors classes.
(b) Easy/remedial classes.
(c) Only morning classes so that he could be home in the afternoon.
(d) None-he wanted him to drop out.
12. What did Lori place on the back wall of a bookstore that she had visited with her father?
(a) A dollar bill.
(b) A pen.
(d) A sticky note.
13. Besides the word "psychotic", what other word enraged Lori?
14. What did Lori climb onto the first time she heard the Voices?
(a) A roof.
(b) A neighbor's car.
(c) A trampoline.
(d) A tree limb.
15. What did Lori Winter's brother go to college for?
(a) Pediatriac cardiology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lori compare her psychiatrist, Dr. Rockland, to?
2. What "old wound" did Lori's admittance into the hospital reopen for Steven Schiller?
3. What medication did doctors say that Lori needed to take for her schizophrenia?
4. In what year did Lori first fall in love at camp?
5. During their senior year at college, what did Lori Winters and other college friends believe was wrong with Lori?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)