|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the summer of what year did Lori's family drive across country?
2. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
(a) White noise from a television.
(b) A phone ringing.
(d) Claps of thunder.
3. What movie did Lori state "psychotic" meant?
(a) "The Three Faces of Eve."
(b) "A Beautiful Mind."
4. What city did the photo album that Gail brought to the hospital depict?
5. What did Nancy's parents do constantly when she was a child?
(b) Spoil her.
(c) Take her to the beach.
(d) Beat her.
6. After how many years did Steven's mother begin smoking again?
7. What did Nancy call Lori when she was a baby?
(a) Her "life".
(b) Her "dreams come true".
(c) Her "doll".
(d) Her "nightmare".
8. What month was it at the opening of the book?
9. What did Lori claim, in Chapter 4,"Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982", was the only thing that her psychiatrist was doing for her?
(a) Making her suicidal.
(b) Scanning her brain.
(c) Giving her medication.
(d) Nothing at all.
10. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
(a) Feed Lori's dog.
(b) Go see Lori in the hospital.
(c) Take care of his mother.
(d) Go to see a doctor.
11. What did Lori climb onto the first time she heard the Voices?
(a) A tree limb.
(b) A neighbor's car.
(c) A trampoline.
(d) A roof.
12. What "old wound" did Lori's admittance into the hospital reopen for Steven Schiller?
13. What did the counselors at the camp Lori attended call the bunkhouses?
(a) Roach motels.
14. What was Lori constantly afraid of given the Voices kept saying it would be her fate?
(a) Going crazy.
(c) Ending up in prision.
(d) Murdering someone.
15. What "weapon" did Lori use to kill the animal that "plagued her" as a child?
(a) A golf club.
(b) An axe.
(c) A knife.
(d) A baseball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lori Winters from originally?
2. What problems did Lori find herself facing after leaving the hospital?
3. What medication did doctors say that Lori needed to take for her schizophrenia?
4. In what year did Lori first fall in love at camp?
5. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)