|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Lori's family, what word represented "the five of us"?
2. What was Lori constantly afraid of given the Voices kept saying it would be her fate?
(b) Murdering someone.
(c) Ending up in prision.
(d) Going crazy.
3. Why did Lori think that her professors would throw her out of class?
(a) Because they heard her Voices.
(b) Because they thought she was insane.
(c) Because she was failing their classes.
(d) Because they thought she was ill.
4. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
(a) Honors classes.
(b) None-he wanted him to drop out.
(c) Easy/remedial classes.
(d) Only morning classes so that he could be home in the afternoon.
5. What did Lori Schiller do that made her parents angry soon after she got a job selling insurance?
(b) Attacked her brother.
(c) Told them to leave her alone.
(d) Got engaged.
6. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
(a) Claps of thunder.
(b) A phone ringing.
(d) White noise from a television.
7. On what day was Lori ordered to leave camp because of her strange behavior?
(a) May 19th.
(b) August 9th.
(c) July 2nd.
(d) August 12th.
8. What did Lori Winters tell Marvin that Lori had tried to do when the police had arrived at their apartment?
(a) Cut Lori Winters with a knife.
(b) Choke one of the officers.
(c) Grab a policeman's gun.
(d) Jump out of the window.
9. What did Lori look at every day as she awaited for her freedom from the hospital in 1983?
(a) The window.
(b) The door to her room.
(c) Her mother's eyes.
(d) Her medical chart.
10. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
(a) He thought that his parents were insane.
(b) He thought he was insane.
(c) He had tried to talk to Lori and she slapped him.
(d) He thought his parents were trying to "sweep her (Lori) away".
11. Where did Lori spend the first semester of her junior year of college?
12. What, in Lori's family's private language, meant a short haircut?
13. What did Lori beat through on several occasions as she tried to find the Voices?
(c) Book shelves.
(d) Shower curtains.
14. Whose birthday party did Lori attend, begin to believe everyone in attendance hated her, and then drive four hours home?
(b) Her own.
(c) Scott Binthers.
(d) Lori Winters.
15. What was the name of the camp that Lori had attended for many years?
(a) Abrahams Valley.
(b) Jolly Acres.
(c) Abraham Farm.
(d) Lincoln Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did Chapter 8, "Nancy Schiller, Payne Whitney Clinic, New York, August 1982 - September 1982" open with?
2. What is wrong with the memory that plagued Lori, as described in Chapter 2, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, August 1970-August 1977"?
3. What college did Lori end up being accepted to and enrolling in?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981", what did Lori state came more often than torment?
5. What city did the photo album that Gail brought to the hospital depict?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)