|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the word "psychotic", what other word enraged Lori?
2. What did Lori climb onto the first time she heard the Voices?
(a) A neighbor's car.
(b) A trampoline.
(c) A roof.
(d) A tree limb.
3. What hospital did Lori's parents meet her at March of 1985?
(a) NYC Center.
(c) Brooklyn Med Center.
(d) Morrison Hospital.
4. What card game did Lori Winters say was played on every street corner in New York?
(a) Three-card monte.
(d) Black Jack.
5. Why did Lori want to get out of the hospital in 1983?
(a) To be with Lori Winters again.
(b) To commit suicide successfully.
(c) To be able to go out with boys again.
(d) To be normal.
6. What year (senior, junior, sophomore, or freshman) was Lori getting ready to begin in high school?
(a) Her senior year.
(b) Her sophomore year.
(c) Her junior year.
(d) Her freshman year.
7. What "kind" of vampires did Lori say drew her blood?
8. After how many years did Steven's mother begin smoking again?
9. Where had Lori Winters been accepted into a training program at (as she described in the opening of Chapter 4, "Lori Winters, New York City, July 1981 - March 1982")?
(a) Grendel and Logan.
(b) Manufacturers Hanover Trust.
(c) American Underwriters.
(d) Sears and Roebuck.
10. What college did Lori believe "was the best"?
(c) William and Mary.
11. What did Lori beat through on several occasions as she tried to find the Voices?
(a) Book shelves.
(d) Shower curtains.
12. After visiting Turners Falls, what was the name of the hall that Lori and Tara moved into at college?
(a) Wright Hall.
(b) Frenchman Hall.
(c) Wren Hall.
(d) Richman Hall.
13. What did Lori look at when the Voices "began to screech and cackle"?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The floor.
(c) The sky.
(d) The trees.
14. What did Lori Winters tell Marvin that Lori had tried to do when the police had arrived at their apartment?
(a) Grab a policeman's gun.
(b) Cut Lori Winters with a knife.
(c) Choke one of the officers.
(d) Jump out of the window.
15. What medication did doctors say that Lori needed to take for her schizophrenia?
(a) Atypical antipsychotics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Steven was eleven what did he want to be (as noted in Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982")?
2. What did Nancy call Lori when she was a baby?
3. What city did Lori claim to be "so foreign, and far away"?
4. Why did Steven state that he had cried at the opening of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
5. How much was the one-bedroom in New York that Lori and Lori wanted to rent?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)