|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "real sound" did Lori compare the Voices to in Chapter 3 "Lori, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, September 1977 - June 1981"?
(a) Claps of thunder.
(c) White noise from a television.
(d) A phone ringing.
2. What did Steven admit that he had refused to do at the end of Chapter 7, "Steven Schiller, Scarsdale, New York, July 1982"?
(a) Go see Lori in the hospital.
(b) Feed Lori's dog.
(c) Go to see a doctor.
(d) Take care of his mother.
3. What animal did Lori say "plagued her" from her childhood?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A wolf.
4. What did Marvin Schiller refuse to believe when Lori Winters called him late one night in March of 1982?
(a) That Lori had tried to kill herself.
(b) That Lori needed to go to the hospital.
(c) That Lori was insane.
(d) That Lori had attacked Lori Winters.
5. What did Lori Winters tell Marvin that Lori had tried to do when the police had arrived at their apartment?
(a) Choke one of the officers.
(b) Grab a policeman's gun.
(c) Jump out of the window.
(d) Cut Lori Winters with a knife.
6. What did Lori Schiller lose at a card game?
(a) A sapphire ring.
(b) A gold locket.
(c) A diamond bracelet.
(d) A emerald earring.
7. What was the name of the Kool-Aid concoctions that the counselors created to drink at camp?
(a) Gator Gulps.
(b) Bug Juice.
(c) Suger Shock.
(d) Liquid Nitrogen.
8. What month was it at the opening of the book?
9. Where was Tara Sonenshine from originally?
(d) Long Island.
10. Where did Lori Winters plan on working when she moved back to her home city?
(d) AB Corporate.
11. What "infuriated" Nancy when she stopped at Peppermint Park?
(a) All of the following.
(b) The awning.
(c) The fake Tiffany windows.
(d) The chairs.
12. What "weapon" did Lori use to kill the animal that "plagued her" as a child?
(a) A knife.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) An axe.
(d) A golf club.
13. During the summer of what year did Lori's family drive across country?
14. What did Lori climb onto the first time she heard the Voices?
(a) A tree limb.
(b) A roof.
(c) A neighbor's car.
(d) A trampoline.
15. Where was Lori Winters from originally?
(c) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lori Winters have to call 911?
2. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
3. What did Lori Winter's brother go to college for?
4. Why did Lori think that her professors would throw her out of class?
5. What did Lori look at when the Voices "began to screech and cackle"?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)