|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Quiet Room, Chapter 16, Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986, Chapter 17, Steven Schiller, Baltimore, Maryland, January 1986 - March 1986, Chapter 18, Lori, Futura House, White Plains, New York, April.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "old wound" did Lori's admittance into the hospital reopen for Steven Schiller?
2. What did Marvin Schiller refuse to believe when Lori Winters called him late one night in March of 1982?
(a) That Lori had attacked Lori Winters.
(b) That Lori was insane.
(c) That Lori had tried to kill herself.
(d) That Lori needed to go to the hospital.
3. What kind of classes did Steven's father urge him to take during his senior year in high school?
(a) Only morning classes so that he could be home in the afternoon.
(b) None-he wanted him to drop out.
(c) Easy/remedial classes.
(d) Honors classes.
4. Regardless of what time Lori got out of bed, what did she admit to doing for the entire day while at the hospital in 1985?
(a) Wishing harm on her parents.
(b) Wishing the day away.
(c) Wishing harm on her doctors.
(d) Wishing she could be successful at committing suicide.
5. What did Lori compare her diagnosis to in Chapter 11, "Lori, Scarsdale, New York, May 1983 - August 1983"?
(a) A blooming flower.
(b) A balloon.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A bagel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What card game did Lori Winters say was played on every street corner in New York?
2. After being removed from Dr. Brockland's office, what did Lori use to wrap around her neck in another one of her suicide attempts?
3. When Lori described how much medication she took, what did she state it was difficult for her to do?
4. In Chapter 16, "Lori, New York Hospital, White Plains, New York, November 1985 - February 1986", how many cigarettes had Lori stated that she smoked every day by the time noon medications were administered?
5. During the summer prior to Steven's senior year of high school, where did he work?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)