|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Sam Jacobs.
2. What is the name of the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder?
(a) Betty Lou Bannister.
(b) Betty Lou Masters.
(c) Betty Lou Beckman.
(d) Betty Lou Marston.
3. According to the fax Penn receives when he arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, when were the items in question stolen?
4. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
(a) Livy was incompetent.
(b) Livy was paid off.
(c) Livy was selfish.
(d) Livy was pregnant.
5. According to the person Penn interviews in Colorado, how many witnesses were left out of the official case file?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Penn's bodyguard?
2. Why does the Hanratty brother try to kill Penn?
3. When the phone line to Agent Stone's house is cut, what does Stone give to Penn?
4. As Penn and Stone part, what does Stone promise to do if he survives the night?
5. When Livy shows up at Penn's house, the two take a drive. Where do they go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Penn learn from the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
2. What advice does Penn's Colorado interviewee give to Penn regarding the Payton case?
3. When Penn receives a phone call from Althea after the Hanratty execution, what does Althea tell Penn?
4. Why did Caitlin originally not want to publish Penn's accusations about Marston in her paper?
5. How does Penn respond when he hears the announcement from the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge?
6. How does the person who interrupts Penn at Biscuit and Blues learn that her birth certificate does not list a father's name?
7. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
8. When Penn goes to the apartment of the person who interrupts him at Biscuits and Blues, what does the person who interrupts him tell Penn?
9. When Leo Marston arrives at the Marston family home and interrupts Penn and Olivia, what does Leo tell Penn?
10. When Penn arrives at his interview in Colorado, the interviewee does not want to talk. What changes the interviewee's mind?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)