|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
2. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
3. Whom do Penn and Caitlin interview in Colorado?
(a) Agent Beckman.
(b) Agent Jones.
(c) Agent Stone.
(d) Agent Marby.
4. Who does Penn end up going to Biscuits and Blues with for drinks?
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Caitlin Masters.
(c) Dan Kelly.
(d) Olivia Marston.
5. Who accompanies Penn on his stakeout of Marston's office?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
2. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
3. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
4. When Penn visits Agent Stone again, what does Penn learn from the agent?
5. When Marston finally shows up at his office, who does Penn see with Marston?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Leo Marston arrives at the Marston family home and interrupts Penn and Olivia, what does Leo tell Penn?
2. Why does Tom Cage at first not believe that Leo Marston would have been involved in Payton's murder?
3. What does Penn learn from the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
4. According to Caitlin, what is the reason why Agent Stone is reluctant to speak to Penn about the Payton case?
5. Why does Caitlin change her mind about publishing Penn's accusations in her paper?
6. Where does the judge who orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping have the boxes taken to?
7. When Penn goes to the apartment of the person who interrupts him at Biscuits and Blues, what does the person who interrupts him tell Penn?
8. What announcement does the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge make that shocks Penn?
9. What advice does Penn's Colorado interviewee give to Penn regarding the Payton case?
10. Why does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him on his upcoming trip?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)