|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Repo man.
(c) Car salesman.
(d) Demolition man.
2. While at the hospital waiting for a helicopter, what happens?
(a) Caitlin comforts Penn.
(b) Ruby dies.
(c) Olivia kisses Penn.
(d) Annie is returned.
3. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
(a) Livy was selfish.
(b) Livy was incompetent.
(c) Livy was pregnant.
(d) Livy was paid off.
4. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
5. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
(a) Agent Marston.
(b) Agent Hanratty.
(c) Agent Stone.
(d) Agent Masters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. On whose life was the attempt made?
2. As Penn, Caitlin, and Annie wait for their plane in the Baton Rouge airport, whom does Penn see getting off a plane?
3. What does Penn promise Caitlin in exchange for her help with the Payton case?
4. Where did the person being executed commit a murder while being part of the witness protection program?
5. According to what Stone tells Penn, what motivated the Payton killing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
2. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
3. According to Caitlin, what is the reason why Agent Stone is reluctant to speak to Penn about the Payton case?
4. What does Penn learn from the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
5. Why does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him on his upcoming trip?
6. When Penn goes to the apartment of the person who interrupts him at Biscuits and Blues, what does the person who interrupts him tell Penn?
7. What discrepancy catches Penn's eye about the Fairlane that is sitting in Althea's garden?
8. When Annie is returned to Penn, there is also a note for Penn. What does the note say?
9. How does the person who interrupts Penn at Biscuit and Blues learn that her birth certificate does not list a father's name?
10. When Penn arrives at his interview in Colorado, the interviewee does not want to talk. What changes the interviewee's mind?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)