|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the hospital waiting for a helicopter, what happens?
(a) Ruby dies.
(b) Olivia kisses Penn.
(c) Caitlin comforts Penn.
(d) Annie is returned.
2. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Annie has been kidnapped.
(b) Their phones are bugged.
(c) Penn is about to be arrested.
(d) Their lives are in danger.
3. Who helps Penn create a diversion so that Penn can make his trip and not be followed?
(a) Caitlin Masters.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Dan Kelly.
(d) Tom Cage.
4. According to the person Penn interviews in Colorado, how many witnesses were left out of the official case file?
5. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder, whom had she seen at the battery plant?
2. As Penn, Caitlin, and Annie wait for their plane in the Baton Rouge airport, whom does Penn see getting off a plane?
3. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
4. Why does the Hanratty brother try to kill Penn?
5. What is the eyewitness's name that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Annie is returned to Penn, there is also a note for Penn. What does the note say?
2. How does the person who interrupts Penn at Biscuit and Blues learn that her birth certificate does not list a father's name?
3. Why did Caitlin originally not want to publish Penn's accusations about Marston in her paper?
4. When Leo Marston arrives at the Marston family home and interrupts Penn and Olivia, what does Leo tell Penn?
5. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
6. What does Penn learn from the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
7. When Penn goes to the apartment of the person who interrupts him at Biscuits and Blues, what does the person who interrupts him tell Penn?
8. Why does Caitlin change her mind about publishing Penn's accusations in her paper?
9. What announcement does the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge make that shocks Penn?
10. How does Penn respond when he hears the announcement from the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)