|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Their lives are in danger.
(b) Penn is about to be arrested.
(c) Annie has been kidnapped.
(d) Their phones are bugged.
2. What does the judge threaten Marston with if Marston refuses Penn access to the files?
(a) Tax evasion.
3. Why had J. Edgar Hoover taken the Payton file after Stone had solved the case?
(a) To protect Marston.
(b) To hire Marston.
(c) To get Nixon elected.
(d) To blackmail Nixon.
4. What is the eyewitness's name that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Betty Lou Beckman.
(b) Jimmy Rise.
(c) Marissa Presley.
(d) Frank Jones.
5. Shortly after the Payton murder, Presley had been arrested. For what had Presley been arrested?
(a) Payton's murder.
(b) Money laundering.
(c) Drug trafficking.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Penn leaves Althea's house, what does he take with him?
2. When the phone line to Agent Stone's house is cut, what does Stone give to Penn?
3. Where did the person being executed commit a murder while being part of the witness protection program?
4. Whom do Penn and Caitlin interview in Colorado?
5. What is the amount of the lawsuit that Marston files against Penn and the Examiner?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Penn receives a phone call from Althea after the Hanratty execution, what does Althea tell Penn?
2. What is the real reason that Peter Lutjens is being transferred?
3. Why does Tom Cage at first not believe that Leo Marston would have been involved in Payton's murder?
4. When Annie is returned to Penn, there is also a note for Penn. What does the note say?
5. At Ruby's funeral, Shad Johnson gets up to speak. What does Johnson say?
6. What announcement does the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge make that shocks Penn?
7. How does Penn respond when he hears the announcement from the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge?
8. As Penn peeks in the window of the Marston family home, what does Penn see Leo preparing to do?
9. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
10. When Penn arrives at his interview in Colorado, the interviewee does not want to talk. What changes the interviewee's mind?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)