|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder, whom had she seen at the battery plant?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Ike Ransom.
2. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
3. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
4. Why had J. Edgar Hoover taken the Payton file after Stone had solved the case?
(a) To get Nixon elected.
(b) To blackmail Nixon.
(c) To protect Marston.
(d) To hire Marston.
5. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
(a) Judge Foust.
(b) Judge Morris.
(c) Judge Franklin.
(d) Judge Murphy.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
2. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. On whose life was the attempt made?
3. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
4. According to Marston's phone records, to whom has Marston talked several times since Caitlin's first article about Payton was published?
5. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him on his upcoming trip?
2. How does the person who interrupts Penn at Biscuit and Blues learn that her birth certificate does not list a father's name?
3. Why does Caitlin change her mind about publishing Penn's accusations in her paper?
4. What discrepancy catches Penn's eye about the Fairlane that is sitting in Althea's garden?
5. When Annie is returned to Penn, there is also a note for Penn. What does the note say?
6. After Johnson speaks at Ruby's funeral, Althea gets up to speak. What does Althea say?
7. What does Penn learn from the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
8. When Leo Marston arrives at the Marston family home and interrupts Penn and Olivia, what does Leo tell Penn?
9. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
10. According to Caitlin, what is the reason why Agent Stone is reluctant to speak to Penn about the Payton case?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)