|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Stone tells Penn, what motivated the Payton killing?
(a) Racial tension.
(b) Property use.
2. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
3. At the funeral, Althea tells the congregation that Penn is unselfish in his pursuit of the truth. What is Penn's real motivation for pursuing the Payton case?
4. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Ike Ransom.
5. Why had the person Penn interviews in Colorado been released from his previous job?
(a) Anger-management issues.
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) Excessive force accusations.
(d) Alcohol-related issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
2. When the phone line to Agent Stone's house is cut, what does Stone give to Penn?
3. After getting away from their pursuers, where does Stone send Penn to for help?
4. While at the hospital waiting for a helicopter, what happens?
5. Where do Penn and Tom dispose of the gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Penn respond when he hears the announcement from the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge?
2. How does the person who interrupts Penn at Biscuit and Blues learn that her birth certificate does not list a father's name?
3. When Penn receives a phone call from Althea after the Hanratty execution, what does Althea tell Penn?
4. Why does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him on his upcoming trip?
5. What advice does Penn's Colorado interviewee give to Penn regarding the Payton case?
6. Where does the judge who orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping have the boxes taken to?
7. According to Caitlin, what is the reason why Agent Stone is reluctant to speak to Penn about the Payton case?
8. Why does Caitlin change her mind about publishing Penn's accusations in her paper?
9. What discrepancy catches Penn's eye about the Fairlane that is sitting in Althea's garden?
10. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)