|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Penn leaves Althea's house, what does he take with him?
(a) An engine piece.
(b) A phone number.
(c) An employment record.
(d) A gas cap.
2. What is the occupation of the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Repo man.
(c) Demolition man.
(d) Car salesman.
3. How much money is Penn going to bill Althea for investigating Payton's murder?
(a) $10 per day.
(b) $1,000 per day.
(c) $100 per day.
(d) $1 per day.
4. According to Marston's phone records, to whom has Marston talked several times since Caitlin's first article about Payton was published?
(a) Austin Mackey.
(b) Ike Ransom.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) John Portman.
5. According to the records stolen by the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues, what was the fee for her private adoption?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
2. When Penn returns to the hotel room after witnessing the execution, whom do Penn and Caitlin talk about?
3. After Penn gets the person out of the house, Annie is missing. Who returns Annie to Penn?
4. After learning that Penn is going to investigate Payton's murder, what does Althea show Penn?
5. According to what Stone tells Penn, what motivated the Payton killing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Penn learn from the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
2. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
3. What discrepancy catches Penn's eye about the Fairlane that is sitting in Althea's garden?
4. When Leo Marston arrives at the Marston family home and interrupts Penn and Olivia, what does Leo tell Penn?
5. Why did Caitlin originally not want to publish Penn's accusations about Marston in her paper?
6. What advice does Penn's Colorado interviewee give to Penn regarding the Payton case?
7. How does the person who interrupts Penn at Biscuit and Blues learn that her birth certificate does not list a father's name?
8. Why does Tom Cage at first not believe that Leo Marston would have been involved in Payton's murder?
9. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
10. When Penn receives a phone call from Althea after the Hanratty execution, what does Althea tell Penn?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)