|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Penn create a diversion so that Penn can make his trip and not be followed?
(a) Tom Cage.
(b) Dan Kelly.
(c) Caitlin Masters.
(d) Sam Jacobs.
2. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. On whose life was the attempt made?
(a) Althea Payton.
(b) Olivia Marston.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
3. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Sam Jacobs.
(d) Ike Ransom.
4. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
(a) Agent Marston.
(b) Agent Hanratty.
(c) Agent Masters.
(d) Agent Stone.
5. Years earlier, from what had the person trapped inside the house saved Penn?
(a) A bully.
(b) A mugger.
(c) A dog.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
2. While having drinks at Biscuits and Blues, who interrupts Penn and his companion?
3. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
4. As Penn and Stone part, what does Stone promise to do if he survives the night?
5. At the funeral, Althea tells the congregation that Penn is unselfish in his pursuit of the truth. What is Penn's real motivation for pursuing the Payton case?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)