|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
(a) Sue Marston for slander.
(b) Provoke Marston in a fight.
(c) Accuse Marston of Payton's murder.
(d) Stake-out Marston's home.
2. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
3. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. On whose life was the attempt made?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) Althea Payton.
(c) Olivia Marston.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
4. What is the amount of the lawsuit that Marston files against Penn and the Examiner?
(a) $5 million.
(b) $2.5 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $1 million.
5. When Penn visits Agent Stone again, what does Penn learn from the agent?
(a) Stone's daughter has been fired.
(b) People are watching Stone's house.
(c) Marston offered Stone a bribe.
(d) Payton was killed in self-defense.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
2. Why had the person Penn interviews in Colorado been released from his previous job?
3. When Penn leaves Althea's house, what does he take with him?
4. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
5. Who accompanies Penn on his stakeout of Marston's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the judge who orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping have the boxes taken to?
2. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
3. When Penn arrives at his interview in Colorado, the interviewee does not want to talk. What changes the interviewee's mind?
4. After Johnson speaks at Ruby's funeral, Althea gets up to speak. What does Althea say?
5. Why does Tom Cage at first not believe that Leo Marston would have been involved in Payton's murder?
6. Why does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him on his upcoming trip?
7. When Annie is returned to Penn, there is also a note for Penn. What does the note say?
8. What advice does Penn's Colorado interviewee give to Penn regarding the Payton case?
9. At Ruby's funeral, Shad Johnson gets up to speak. What does Johnson say?
10. How does the person who interrupts Penn at Biscuit and Blues learn that her birth certificate does not list a father's name?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)