|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Penn stunned to see _______________.at the execution in Huntsville.
(a) Austin Mackey.
(b) Leo Marston.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Peter Lutjens.
2. What does Penn promise Caitlin in exchange for her help with the Payton case?
(a) Book rights.
(d) An exclusive.
3. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
4. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Ike Ransom.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Ray Presley.
5. Who taught Penn about explosives and the damage they cause?
(a) Tom Cage.
(b) Huey Moak.
(c) Sam Jacobs.
(d) Dwight Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. While having drinks at Biscuits and Blues, who interrupts Penn and his companion?
2. According to the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder, whom had she seen at the battery plant?
3. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
4. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
5. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. How was the attempt made?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Johnson speaks at Ruby's funeral, Althea gets up to speak. What does Althea say?
2. When Annie is returned to Penn, there is also a note for Penn. What does the note say?
3. At Ruby's funeral, Shad Johnson gets up to speak. What does Johnson say?
4. Why did Caitlin originally not want to publish Penn's accusations about Marston in her paper?
5. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
6. What happened to the woman in the car when she revealed what she had seen the night of the Payton murder?
7. What does Penn learn from the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
8. What discrepancy catches Penn's eye about the Fairlane that is sitting in Althea's garden?
9. As Penn peeks in the window of the Marston family home, what does Penn see Leo preparing to do?
10. What is the real reason that Peter Lutjens is being transferred?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)