|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After driving around alone after Ruby's funeral, where does Penn finally end up?
(a) Presley's trailer.
(b) Penn's burned-out home.
(c) Master's apartment.
(d) Marston's family home.
2. Who helps Penn create a diversion so that Penn can make his trip and not be followed?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Dan Kelly.
(c) Tom Cage.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
3. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Annie has been kidnapped.
(b) Penn is about to be arrested.
(c) Their lives are in danger.
(d) Their phones are bugged.
4. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the truck.
5. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
(a) Judge Morris.
(b) Judge Foust.
(c) Judge Murphy.
(d) Judge Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Peter Lutjens being transferred to?
2. After Penn gets the person out of the house, Annie is missing. Who returns Annie to Penn?
3. When Penn returns to the hotel room after witnessing the execution, whom do Penn and Caitlin talk about?
4. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
5. When Marston finally shows up at his office, who does Penn see with Marston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Penn's Colorado interviewee give to Penn regarding the Payton case?
2. How does Penn respond when he hears the announcement from the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge?
3. What does Penn learn from the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
4. When Penn goes to the apartment of the person who interrupts him at Biscuits and Blues, what does the person who interrupts him tell Penn?
5. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
6. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
7. Why did Caitlin originally not want to publish Penn's accusations about Marston in her paper?
8. After Johnson speaks at Ruby's funeral, Althea gets up to speak. What does Althea say?
9. Why does Tom Cage at first not believe that Leo Marston would have been involved in Payton's murder?
10. When Leo Marston arrives at the Marston family home and interrupts Penn and Olivia, what does Leo tell Penn?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)