|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder, whom had she seen at the battery plant?
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Ike Ransom.
(d) Ray Presley.
2. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
(a) He needs to go to Colorado.
(b) He needs to go to California.
(c) He needs to go to Florida.
(d) He needs to go to Washington.
3. After learning that Penn is going to investigate Payton's murder, what does Althea show Penn?
(a) Payton's files.
(b) Payton's office.
(c) Payton's garage.
(d) Payton's car.
4. Penn stunned to see _______________.at the execution in Huntsville.
(a) Peter Lutjens.
(b) Leo Marston.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Austin Mackey.
5. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the truck.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had J. Edgar Hoover taken the Payton file after Stone had solved the case?
2. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
3. What is the name of Penn's bodyguard?
4. Where did the person being executed commit a murder while being part of the witness protection program?
5. Who does Penn end up going to Biscuits and Blues with for drinks?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Penn receives a phone call from Althea after the Hanratty execution, what does Althea tell Penn?
2. Where does the judge who orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping have the boxes taken to?
3. What discrepancy catches Penn's eye about the Fairlane that is sitting in Althea's garden?
4. Why did Caitlin originally not want to publish Penn's accusations about Marston in her paper?
5. How does the person who interrupts Penn at Biscuit and Blues learn that her birth certificate does not list a father's name?
6. Why does Caitlin change her mind about publishing Penn's accusations in her paper?
7. Why does Tom Cage at first not believe that Leo Marston would have been involved in Payton's murder?
8. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
9. What advice does Penn's Colorado interviewee give to Penn regarding the Payton case?
10. At Ruby's funeral, Shad Johnson gets up to speak. What does Johnson say?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)