|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder?
(a) Betty Lou Bannister.
(b) Betty Lou Beckman.
(c) Betty Lou Masters.
(d) Betty Lou Marston.
2. When Livy shows up at Penn's house, the two take a drive. Where do they go?
(a) Lake Altoona.
(b) Beckman Beach.
(c) Biscuits and Blules.
(d) The Cold Hole.
3. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
4. What is the name of the Marston family home?
5. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penn stops in Huntsville to witness the execution of ___________.
2. According to the fax Penn receives when he arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, when were the items in question stolen?
3. As Tom and Penn discuss the Payton murder, what do the two men agree is most important as the investigation progresses?
4. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
5. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
2. What discrepancy catches Penn's eye about the Fairlane that is sitting in Althea's garden?
3. Why did Caitlin originally not want to publish Penn's accusations about Marston in her paper?
4. When Leo Marston arrives at the Marston family home and interrupts Penn and Olivia, what does Leo tell Penn?
5. How does Penn respond when he hears the announcement from the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge?
6. According to Caitlin, what is the reason why Agent Stone is reluctant to speak to Penn about the Payton case?
7. What happened to the woman in the car when she revealed what she had seen the night of the Payton murder?
8. When Penn receives a phone call from Althea after the Hanratty execution, what does Althea tell Penn?
9. What does Penn learn from the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
10. At Ruby's funeral, Shad Johnson gets up to speak. What does Johnson say?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)