|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Penn, Caitlin, and Annie wait for their plane in the Baton Rouge airport, whom does Penn see getting off a plane?
(a) Olivia Marston.
(b) Ruby Flowers.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Peggy Cage.
2. As Penn and Stone part, what does Stone promise to do if he survives the night?
(a) Apologize to Althea.
(b) Make things right.
(c) Testify against Marston.
(d) Protect Penn.
3. Shortly after the Payton murder, Presley had been arrested. For what had Presley been arrested?
(a) Drug trafficking.
(b) Payton's murder.
(c) Money laundering.
4. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. On whose life was the attempt made?
(a) Olivia Marston.
(b) Althea Payton.
(c) Caitlin Masters.
(d) Ray Presley.
5. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. Who is one of the men killed?
2. According to what Stone tells Penn, who does Stone believe arranged Payton's murder?
3. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. How many men wind up dead?
4. What is the amount of the lawsuit that Marston files against Penn and the Examiner?
5. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Penn respond when he hears the announcement from the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge?
2. When Leo Marston arrives at the Marston family home and interrupts Penn and Olivia, what does Leo tell Penn?
3. When Annie is returned to Penn, there is also a note for Penn. What does the note say?
4. What is the real reason that Peter Lutjens is being transferred?
5. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
6. Where does the judge who orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping have the boxes taken to?
7. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
8. When Penn arrives at his interview in Colorado, the interviewee does not want to talk. What changes the interviewee's mind?
9. What discrepancy catches Penn's eye about the Fairlane that is sitting in Althea's garden?
10. At Ruby's funeral, Shad Johnson gets up to speak. What does Johnson say?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)