|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Penn visits Agent Stone again, what does Penn learn from the agent?
(a) Marston offered Stone a bribe.
(b) Payton was killed in self-defense.
(c) Stone's daughter has been fired.
(d) People are watching Stone's house.
2. When Marston finally shows up at his office, who does Penn see with Marston?
3. After Penn gets the person out of the house, Annie is missing. Who returns Annie to Penn?
(a) A police officer.
(c) A neighbor.
4. According to what Stone tells Penn, what motivated the Payton killing?
(a) Racial tension.
(c) Property use.
5. While having drinks at Biscuits and Blues, who interrupts Penn and his companion?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
2. Penn stops in Huntsville to witness the execution of ___________.
3. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
4. Years earlier, from what had the person trapped inside the house saved Penn?
5. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Penn respond when he hears the announcement from the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge?
2. According to Caitlin, what is the reason why Agent Stone is reluctant to speak to Penn about the Payton case?
3. As Penn peeks in the window of the Marston family home, what does Penn see Leo preparing to do?
4. Why does Tom Cage at first not believe that Leo Marston would have been involved in Payton's murder?
5. Why does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him on his upcoming trip?
6. What happened to the woman in the car when she revealed what she had seen the night of the Payton murder?
7. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
8. When Penn arrives at his interview in Colorado, the interviewee does not want to talk. What changes the interviewee's mind?
9. When Penn receives a phone call from Althea after the Hanratty execution, what does Althea tell Penn?
10. When Annie is returned to Penn, there is also a note for Penn. What does the note say?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)