|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
2. When Penn leaves Althea's house, what does he take with him?
(a) An engine piece.
(b) A gas cap.
(c) An employment record.
(d) A phone number.
3. Who helps Penn create a diversion so that Penn can make his trip and not be followed?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Tom Cage.
(c) Caitlin Masters.
(d) Dan Kelly.
4. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
(a) Livy was selfish.
(b) Livy was pregnant.
(c) Livy was incompetent.
(d) Livy was paid off.
5. When Penn arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, a fax is waiting for him. This fax tells him about ____________.
(a) Stolen weapons.
(b) Stolen fire bombs.
(c) Stolen dynamite.
(d) Stolen plastic explosives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after the Payton murder, Presley had been arrested. For what had Presley been arrested?
2. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
3. As Stone and Penn rush from the house, Stone is shot. Where is Stone hit?
4. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
5. According to the person Penn interviews in Colorado, how many witnesses were left out of the official case file?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Annie is returned to Penn, there is also a note for Penn. What does the note say?
2. Why does Caitlin change her mind about publishing Penn's accusations in her paper?
3. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
4. When Penn goes to the apartment of the person who interrupts him at Biscuits and Blues, what does the person who interrupts him tell Penn?
5. What discrepancy catches Penn's eye about the Fairlane that is sitting in Althea's garden?
6. Why does Tom Cage at first not believe that Leo Marston would have been involved in Payton's murder?
7. As Penn peeks in the window of the Marston family home, what does Penn see Leo preparing to do?
8. According to Caitlin, what is the reason why Agent Stone is reluctant to speak to Penn about the Payton case?
9. After Johnson speaks at Ruby's funeral, Althea gets up to speak. What does Althea say?
10. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)