|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the two women appear on Tom's doorstep, how do the women view Penn?
(a) As their healer.
(b) As their champion.
(c) As their slayer.
(d) As their betrayer.
2. Whom does Penn suggest Tom talk to about Tom's options regarding the blackmail?
(a) Austin Mackey.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Shad Johnson.
(d) Sam Jacobs.
3. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
(b) Lung disease.
(c) Kidney failure.
(d) Heart murmurs.
4. Who is Payton's mother?
5. According to the person Penn goes to see after telling his father that he's bought the gun, what happened to the Payton file?
(a) It was destroyed in a fire.
(b) It was shredded.
(c) It was sent to storage.
(d) It was taken to Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the black woman who works for the Cage family?
2. After telling his father that he's bought the gun, whose office does Penn head to?
3. How is Leo Marston characterized when he is introduced into the novel?
4. How does the story initially describe Ray Presley?
5. What does Penn do when he sees that Leo Marston has arrived at the fundraising party?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Johnson speaks at Ruby's funeral, Althea gets up to speak. What does Althea say?
2. Why does Pinder tell Penn that he's going to pretend to have never met Penn?
3. After Presley is killed, why does Leo Marston apologize to Penn?
4. According to the story Penn tells during his interview, why was Payton murdered?
5. Describe one retaliatory event that occurs after Penn's accusations are published in the paper.
6. Where does the judge who orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping have the boxes taken to?
7. After Leo Marston apologizes to Penn, what does Leo ask Penn to do?
8. Why did Presley return the gun he borrowed from Tom?
9. When Penn goes to the apartment of the person who interrupts him at Biscuits and Blues, what does the person who interrupts him tell Penn?
10. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, what does Penn think is going on?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)