|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty?
(a) Shad Johnson.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Henry Lee.
(d) John Portman.
2. In what year was Payton murdered?
3. Who is the district attorney in Natchez?
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) Austin Mackey.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Ray Presley.
4. What happens as Penn is on his way home from the meeting with the man who warned Penn that his family might be in danger?
(a) Penn is beaten.
(b) Penn is mugged.
(c) Penn is shot at.
(d) Penn is an accident.
5. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, to whom is Olivia married?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A stockbroker.
(c) A banker.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Penn's hometown?
2. When Penn has a dream that someone is trying to tell him something, whom does Penn see in his dream?
3. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
4. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
5. Who follows Penn as he returns home from the fundraiser?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tom Cage at first not believe that Leo Marston would have been involved in Payton's murder?
2. According to Penn's mother, why had she been upset earlier on the phone?
3. When Penn and Tom discuss Tom's options regarding the blackmail, Penn suggests two options to his father. What are they?
4. Although Penn has no proof, what does he suspect about his father's involvement in his wife's final hours?
5. Why does Caitlin change her mind about publishing Penn's accusations in her paper?
6. According to Austin Mackey, why did Mackey not investigate the Payton murder himself?
7. Why does Pinder tell Penn that he's going to pretend to have never met Penn?
8. Why did Presley return the gun he borrowed from Tom?
9. What announcement does the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge make that shocks Penn?
10. When Tom questioned Presley about why he only returned one gun, not two, what did Presley say?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)