|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the district attorney in Natchez?
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) Austin Mackey.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Ray Presley.
2. What is the name of Penn Cage's mother?
3. What is the name of the paper that Penn's interviewer works for?
(a) The Natchez Enquirer.
(b) The Natchez Daily Herald.
(c) The Natchez Examiner.
(d) The Natchez Times.
4. What is the nickname of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
(a) The Spike.
(b) The Machine.
(c) The Matador.
(d) The Terminator.
5. In what year was Payton murdered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Payton's mother?
2. Who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
3. After Hanratty is convicted, his brother is shot and killed. Who shoots Hanratty's brother?
4. When Penn has a dream that someone is trying to tell him something, whom does Penn see in his dream?
5. After telling his father that he's bought the gun, whose office does Penn head to?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Sam Jacobs, what two things drive the Marston family?
2. How does Penn explain to his interviewer that Johnson is not courting the black vote?
3. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
4. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
5. When Penn asks his father if he ever found out the reason behind Marston's attack, what is Tom's reply?
6. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, how does Tom react?
7. When Penn announces to his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, how do Penn's parents react?
8. According to Austin Mackey, why did Mackey not investigate the Payton murder himself?
9. When the two women leave Tom's house, what has Penn decided to do for them?
10. When Penn's mother confesses why she has been upset, why is Penn stunned by her news?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)