|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the person Penn goes to see after telling his father that he's bought the gun, what happened to the Payton file?
(a) It was shredded.
(b) It was sent to storage.
(c) It was destroyed in a fire.
(d) It was taken to Washington.
2. How does Tom feel to this day about Hillman's murder?
3. According to Sam, what rumor has he heard about Olivia?
(a) Her husband is violent.
(b) She spends money like water.
(c) She's moving back to Natchez.
(d) Her marriage is ending.
4. What is the name of Penn Cage's wife?
5. While Penn was still in high school, who often worked for the father of the girl Penn was involved with?
(a) Delano Payton.
(b) Leo Marston.
(c) Austin Mackey.
(d) Ray Presley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
2. Of what is Penn accused by the woman who throws a drink in his face?
3. Which character is friends with Penn even though he is Jewish and Penn is not?
4. How much money does Penn buy the Payton file for?
5. How much time passes before Presley begins talking about Hillman's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Penn and Tom discuss Tom's options regarding the blackmail, Penn suggests two options to his father. What are they?
2. When Penn sees Mackey at the fundraising party, why is Mackey angry with Penn?
3. Why does Pinder tell Penn that he's going to pretend to have never met Penn?
4. When Penn calls home to tell his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, he senses something is wrong. Why does Penn not press his mother for details?
5. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
6. When Penn first meets with the person he agrees to be interviewed by, why is Penn stunned?
7. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
8. When Tom questioned Presley about why he only returned one gun, not two, what did Presley say?
9. According to Sam Jacobs, what two things drive the Marston family?
10. Why does Sam Jacobs warn Penn about the Payton murder as they leave the fund-raising party?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)