|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Penn Cage's father?
(a) An attorney.
(b) An author.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An accountant.
2. According to Penn's friend at the FBI, who sealed Payton's case file?
(a) Ronald Rundell.
(b) President Nixon.
(c) J. Edgar Hoover.
(d) John Portman.
3. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, to whom is Olivia married?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A banker.
(d) A stockbroker.
4. After committing a racially-motivated murder in California, where did Hanratty and his brothers escape to?
5. When the two women tell Penn the story of Payton's murder, how does Penn react?
(a) Penn is sympathetic.
(b) Penn is contrite.
(c) Penn is in denial.
(d) Penn is outraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which old school friend does Penn run into at the fundraising party?
2. Who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
3. Where do Penn and his interviewer end up meeting?
4. At the fundraising party, who throws a drink in Penn's face?
5. Who tells Penn that there are files in the basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Penn's FBI contact, what reason was given for sealing Payton's case files?
2. When Penn asks his father if he ever found out the reason behind Marston's attack, what is Tom's reply?
3. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, two women appear on Tom's doorstep. Why are the women there?
4. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, how does Tom react?
5. After hearing Presley's response about why Presley only returned one gun, not two, what does Tom believe?
6. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
7. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, what does Penn think is going on?
8. When Penn calls home to tell his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, he senses something is wrong. Why does Penn not press his mother for details?
9. Why does Shad Johnson want Penn to leave the Payton case alone?
10. When Penn first meets with the person he agrees to be interviewed by, why is Penn stunned?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)