|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is friends with Penn even though he is Jewish and Penn is not?
(a) Abe Jensen.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Austin Mackey.
(d) Riley Warren.
2. What is the name of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty?
(a) Shad Johnson.
(b) Henry Lee.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) John Portman.
3. In what state did Hillman's murder take place?
4. When the two women appear on Tom's doorstep, how do the women view Penn?
(a) As their slayer.
(b) As their healer.
(c) As their champion.
(d) As their betrayer.
5. At the time of the fight with Penn, what was the occupation of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty?
(a) FBI Director.
(b) California District Attorney.
(c) Natchez County Sheriff.
(d) Oregon Deputy Director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the person following Penn believe was responsible for the murder of Payton?
2. How much money does Penn offer to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
3. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, where is Olivia living?
4. What does Penn do when he sees that Leo Marston has arrived at the fundraising party?
5. After committing a racially-motivated murder in California, where did Hanratty and his brothers escape to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Olivia wind up pregnant?
2. What advice does Penn's Colorado interviewee give to Penn regarding the Payton case?
3. According to Caitlin, what is the reason why Agent Stone is reluctant to speak to Penn about the Payton case?
4. According to Penn, why had Portman wanted Hanratty extradited to Los Angeles?
5. When the two women leave Tom's house, what has Penn decided to do for them?
6. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
7. How does the person who interrupts Penn at Biscuit and Blues learn that her birth certificate does not list a father's name?
8. When Penn announces to his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, how do Penn's parents react?
9. Why does Penn decide to move back to his hometown?
10. According to Sam Jacobs, what two things drive the Marston family?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)