|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the person Penn goes to see after telling his father that he's bought the gun, what happened to the Payton file?
(a) It was destroyed in a fire.
(b) It was taken to Washington.
(c) It was shredded.
(d) It was sent to storage.
2. How much money does Penn buy the Payton file for?
3. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, where is Olivia living?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. How did Payton die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He burned to death.
(c) He suffocated.
(d) He was in an accident.
5. Where was Hanratty's brother shot?
(a) In the heart.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the eye.
(d) In the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the story initially describe Ray Presley?
2. What is the name of Penn Cage's wife?
3. How does Tom feel to this day about Hillman's murder?
4. How is Leo Marston characterized when he is introduced into the novel?
5. When the two women tell Penn the story of Payton's murder, how does Penn react?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
2. Why did Presley return the gun he borrowed from Tom?
3. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, how does Tom react?
4. When Penn sees Mackey at the fundraising party, why is Mackey angry with Penn?
5. Why is Penn confused by the comments made by the woman who threw the drink in Penn's face at the fundraising party?
6. Why does Shad Johnson want Penn to leave the Payton case alone?
7. Why does Pinder tell Penn that he's going to pretend to have never met Penn?
8. When the two women leave Tom's house, what has Penn decided to do for them?
9. When Penn's mother confesses why she has been upset, why is Penn stunned by her news?
10. When Penn first meets with the person he agrees to be interviewed by, why is Penn stunned?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)