|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
(a) Tom had a nervous breakdown.
(b) Tom had a heart attack.
(c) Tom was arrested.
(d) Tom fled the state.
2. What is the occupation of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
(a) He's an FBI agent.
(b) He's the mayor.
(c) He's the sheriff.
(d) He's an investigator.
3. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, who rings Tom's doorbell?
4. What is the occupation of the father of the girl Penn was involved with during high school?
5. Who is Payton's widow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the district attorney in Natchez?
2. According to the person Penn goes to see after telling his father that he's bought the gun, what happened to the Payton file?
3. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
4. Who drives Penn home from the fundraising party?
5. Who does Penn Cage meet on the airplane as Penn is flying to his hometown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
2. When Penn asks his father if he ever found out the reason behind Marston's attack, what is Tom's reply?
3. When Penn announces to his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, how do Penn's parents react?
4. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, how does Tom react?
5. Why does Shad Johnson want Penn to leave the Payton case alone?
6. When Penn first meets with the person he agrees to be interviewed by, why is Penn stunned?
7. According to Sam Jacobs, what two things drive the Marston family?
8. When Penn calls home to tell his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, he senses something is wrong. Why does Penn not press his mother for details?
9. According to the story Penn tells during his interview, why was Payton murdered?
10. Why does Pinder tell Penn that he's going to pretend to have never met Penn?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)