|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Penn gets in the car of the person who was following Penn home from the fundraiser, where do the two men go?
(a) FBI Headquarters.
(b) The police station.
(c) Biscuits and Blues.
(d) Triton Battery.
2. What is the cause of death listed on Payton's death certificate?
(a) Smoke inhalation.
3. When Penn suggests to his father that they need to talk, where do the two men go?
(a) The back porch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The library.
(d) The dining room.
4. What is the name of the black man running for mayor in Penn's hometown?
(a) Tom Cage.
(b) Shad Johnson.
(c) Henry Lee.
(d) Ray Presley.
5. What is Penn Cage's occupation?
(a) An accountant.
(b) An attorney.
(c) An author.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the waitress that interrupts Penn's interview?
2. Who drives Penn home from the fundraising party?
3. What company is considering Natchez for its new plant location?
4. How much money does Penn offer to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
5. According to Tom, in what year was Penn's aunt raped?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Penn asks his father if he ever found out the reason behind Marston's attack, what is Tom's reply?
2. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, what does Penn think is going on?
3. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
4. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
5. When the two women leave Tom's house, what has Penn decided to do for them?
6. How does Penn explain to his interviewer that Johnson is not courting the black vote?
7. When Penn sees Mackey at the fundraising party, why is Mackey angry with Penn?
8. Why did Presley return the gun he borrowed from Tom?
9. Why is Penn confused by the comments made by the woman who threw the drink in Penn's face at the fundraising party?
10. Although Penn has no proof, what does he suspect about his father's involvement in his wife's final hours?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)