|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hanratty is convicted, his brother is shot and killed. Who shoots Hanratty's brother?
2. What is the name of the black man running for mayor in Penn's hometown?
(a) Tom Cage.
(b) Shad Johnson.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Henry Lee.
3. According to Tom, in what year was Penn's aunt raped?
4. Who drives Penn home from the fundraising party?
5. What is the occupation of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty now?
(a) CIA Director.
(b) IRS Director.
(c) Natchez County Sheriff.
(d) FBI Director.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Penn characterize the man who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
2. As Chapter Five opens, to whom does Penn grant an interview?
3. At the time of the fight with Penn, what was the occupation of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty?
4. Who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
5. What is the occupation of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
2. According to the story Penn tells during his interview, why was Payton murdered?
3. According to Penn's FBI contact, what reason was given for sealing Payton's case files?
4. According to Austin Mackey, why did Mackey not investigate the Payton murder himself?
5. How does Penn feel when he returns to his hometown to begin life anew?
6. When Penn calls home to tell his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, he senses something is wrong. Why does Penn not press his mother for details?
7. When Penn and Tom discuss Tom's options regarding the blackmail, Penn suggests two options to his father. What are they?
8. According to Sam Jacobs, what two things drive the Marston family?
9. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
10. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, how does Tom react?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)