|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
(a) Tom had a heart attack.
(b) Tom was arrested.
(c) Tom fled the state.
(d) Tom had a nervous breakdown.
2. What is the name of the black woman who works for the Cage family?
3. When Penn gets in the car of the person who was following Penn home from the fundraiser, where do the two men go?
(a) Biscuits and Blues.
(b) FBI Headquarters.
(c) The police station.
(d) Triton Battery.
4. What is the name of the paper that Penn's interviewer works for?
(a) The Natchez Enquirer.
(b) The Natchez Times.
(c) The Natchez Daily Herald.
(d) The Natchez Examiner.
5. What is the name of Penn Cage's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier, who was the prosecuting attorney?
2. How many Hanratty brothers are there?
3. Whom does Penn suggest Tom talk to about Tom's options regarding the blackmail?
4. How does Penn characterize the man who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
5. Where do Penn and his interviewer end up meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Tom questioned Presley about why he only returned one gun, not two, what did Presley say?
2. When Penn sees Mackey at the fundraising party, why is Mackey angry with Penn?
3. When Penn's mother confesses why she has been upset, why is Penn stunned by her news?
4. According to Austin Mackey, why did Mackey not investigate the Payton murder himself?
5. How does Penn explain to his interviewer that Johnson is not courting the black vote?
6. Why does Penn decide to move back to his hometown?
7. Why is Penn confused by the comments made by the woman who threw the drink in Penn's face at the fundraising party?
8. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, what does Penn think is going on?
9. When Penn calls home to tell his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, he senses something is wrong. Why does Penn not press his mother for details?
10. When Penn announces to his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, how do Penn's parents react?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)