|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is friends with Penn even though he is Jewish and Penn is not?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Abe Jensen.
(c) Austin Mackey.
(d) Riley Warren.
2. What is the name of the black woman who works for the Cage family?
3. According to the person Penn goes to see after telling his father that he's bought the gun, what happened to the Payton file?
(a) It was taken to Washington.
(b) It was shredded.
(c) It was sent to storage.
(d) It was destroyed in a fire.
4. How long has the black woman been working for the Cage family?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Thirty years.
5. Who is Payton's widow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Penn accused by the woman who throws a drink in his face?
2. When Tom was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier, who was the prosecuting attorney?
3. After telling his father that he's bought the gun, whose office does Penn head to?
4. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, to whom is Olivia married?
5. What happens as Penn is on his way home from the meeting with the man who warned Penn that his family might be in danger?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Penn first meets with the person he agrees to be interviewed by, why is Penn stunned?
2. When Penn asks his father if he ever found out the reason behind Marston's attack, what is Tom's reply?
3. According to Penn's mother, why had she been upset earlier on the phone?
4. Why does Penn decide to move back to his hometown?
5. When Penn's mother confesses why she has been upset, why is Penn stunned by her news?
6. Why does Sam Jacobs warn Penn about the Payton murder as they leave the fund-raising party?
7. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, what does Penn think is going on?
8. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, how does Tom react?
9. According to Penn's FBI contact, what reason was given for sealing Payton's case files?
10. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)