|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty now?
(a) IRS Director.
(b) FBI Director.
(c) CIA Director.
(d) Natchez County Sheriff.
2. In what state did Hillman's murder take place?
3. What is the occupation of the father of the girl Penn was involved with during high school?
4. Of what is Penn accused by the woman who throws a drink in his face?
(a) Ruining her daughter's life.
(b) Ruining her husband's life.
(c) Ruining her life.
(d) Ruining her son's life.
5. According to Tom, who raped Penn's aunt years earlier?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) Riley Warren.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Don Hillman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the two women tell Penn the story of Payton's murder, how does Penn react?
2. How does the story initially describe Ray Presley?
3. When the two women appear on Tom's doorstep, how do the women view Penn?
4. As Chapter Five opens, to whom does Penn grant an interview?
5. What does one of the Hanratty brothers periodically send to Penn?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, two women appear on Tom's doorstep. Why are the women there?
2. When Tom questioned Presley about why he only returned one gun, not two, what did Presley say?
3. According to Penn's mother, why had she been upset earlier on the phone?
4. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
5. When Presley and Tom met after Hillman had been killed, what did Tom ask Presley?
6. Why does Penn decide to move back to his hometown?
7. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, what does Penn think is going on?
8. When Penn and Tom discuss Tom's options regarding the blackmail, Penn suggests two options to his father. What are they?
9. According to Austin Mackey, why did Mackey not investigate the Payton murder himself?
10. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)