|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the black man running for mayor in Penn's hometown?
(a) Tom Cage.
(b) Henry Lee.
(c) Shad Johnson.
(d) Ray Presley.
2. Who picks up Penn and his daughter from the airport?
3. What happens as Penn is on his way home from the meeting with the man who warned Penn that his family might be in danger?
(a) Penn is shot at.
(b) Penn is an accident.
(c) Penn is beaten.
(d) Penn is mugged.
4. How many Hanratty brothers are there?
5. When the two women tell Penn the story of Payton's murder, how does Penn react?
(a) Penn is contrite.
(b) Penn is outraged.
(c) Penn is in denial.
(d) Penn is sympathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the two women appear on Tom's doorstep, how do the women view Penn?
2. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
3. How long before the story begins does Penn Cage's wife die?
4. Of what is Penn accused by the woman who throws a drink in his face?
5. According to Tom, who raped Penn's aunt years earlier?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
2. How does Penn feel when he returns to his hometown to begin life anew?
3. How does Penn explain to his interviewer that Johnson is not courting the black vote?
4. When Penn first meets with the person he agrees to be interviewed by, why is Penn stunned?
5. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
6. When the two women leave Tom's house, what has Penn decided to do for them?
7. Although Penn has no proof, what does he suspect about his father's involvement in his wife's final hours?
8. According to Sam Jacobs, what two things drive the Marston family?
9. After hearing Presley's response about why Presley only returned one gun, not two, what does Tom believe?
10. According to the story Penn tells during his interview, why was Payton murdered?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)