|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
(a) He's an FBI agent.
(b) He's an investigator.
(c) He's the sheriff.
(d) He's the mayor.
2. According to Tom, who had Tom told about Ellen's rape in his office?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) Riley Warren.
(c) Don Hillman.
(d) Leo Marston.
3. Where do Penn and his interviewer end up meeting?
(a) At Biscuits and Bars.
(b) At Biscuits and Blues.
(c) At Biscuits and Buns.
(d) At Biscuits and Hotcakes.
4. What is the name of the girl Penn was involved with during high school?
5. Whom does Penn suggest Tom talk to about Tom's options regarding the blackmail?
(a) Austin Mackey.
(b) Shad Johnson.
(c) Sam Jacobs.
(d) Ray Presley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which old school friend does Penn run into at the fundraising party?
2. How does Tom feel to this day about Hillman's murder?
3. Who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
4. When Tom was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier, who was the prosecuting attorney?
5. What company is considering Natchez for its new plant location?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Presley is killed, why does Leo Marston apologize to Penn?
2. When Penn first meets with the person he agrees to be interviewed by, why is Penn stunned?
3. Why is Penn confused by the comments made by the woman who threw the drink in Penn's face at the fundraising party?
4. According to Penn's mother, why had she been upset earlier on the phone?
5. When Penn calls home to tell his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, he senses something is wrong. Why does Penn not press his mother for details?
6. How does Penn explain to his interviewer that Johnson is not courting the black vote?
7. When Presley and Tom met after Hillman had been killed, what did Tom ask Presley?
8. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
9. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, two women appear on Tom's doorstep. Why are the women there?
10. How does Penn respond when he hears the announcement from the person Penn sees getting off an airplane in Baton Rouge?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)