|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the waitress that interrupts Penn's interview?
2. Of what is Penn accused by the woman who throws a drink in his face?
(a) Ruining her son's life.
(b) Ruining her daughter's life.
(c) Ruining her husband's life.
(d) Ruining her life.
3. When the two women tell Penn the story of Payton's murder, how does Penn react?
(a) Penn is contrite.
(b) Penn is in denial.
(c) Penn is sympathetic.
(d) Penn is outraged.
4. What kind of gun was used to kill Hillman?
(a) A fifty-seven Magnum.
(b) A semi-automatic.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A thirty-eight.
5. What is the occupation of Penn Cage's father?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An attorney.
(d) An author.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter Five opens, to whom does Penn grant an interview?
2. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
3. Where do Penn and his interviewer end up meeting?
4. When Tom was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier, who was the prosecuting attorney?
5. Whom does Penn suggest Tom talk to about Tom's options regarding the blackmail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Penn feel when he returns to his hometown to begin life anew?
2. Why does Shad Johnson want Penn to leave the Payton case alone?
3. According to Penn's FBI contact, what reason was given for sealing Payton's case files?
4. According to the story Penn tells during his interview, why was Payton murdered?
5. When Penn asks his father if he ever found out the reason behind Marston's attack, what is Tom's reply?
6. When Penn's mother confesses why she has been upset, why is Penn stunned by her news?
7. After hearing Presley's response about why Presley only returned one gun, not two, what does Tom believe?
8. Why does Sam Jacobs warn Penn about the Payton murder as they leave the fund-raising party?
9. After Hanratty is convicted, what does Hanratty's brother do?
10. According to Penn's mother, why had she been upset earlier on the phone?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)