|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Payton die?
(a) He suffocated.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was in an accident.
(d) He burned to death.
2. When Penn suggests to his father that they need to talk, where do the two men go?
(a) The back porch.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The library.
3. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, who rings Tom's doorbell?
4. What is the nickname of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
(a) The Terminator.
(b) The Machine.
(c) The Matador.
(d) The Spike.
5. What kind of gun was used to kill Hillman?
(a) A fifty-seven Magnum.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A thirty-eight.
(d) A semi-automatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Penn characterize the man who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
2. How much money does Penn end up paying to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
3. Who is the father of the girl Penn was involved with during high school?
4. Where are Penn and his daughter when Penn decides to move back to his hometown?
5. Who is Payton's widow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Presley return the gun he borrowed from Tom?
2. How does Penn explain to his interviewer that Johnson is not courting the black vote?
3. When Penn calls home to tell his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, he senses something is wrong. Why does Penn not press his mother for details?
4. When Penn sees Mackey at the fundraising party, why is Mackey angry with Penn?
5. Why does Shad Johnson want Penn to leave the Payton case alone?
6. When Penn and Tom discuss Tom's options regarding the blackmail, Penn suggests two options to his father. What are they?
7. When Penn announces to his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, how do Penn's parents react?
8. When Tom questioned Presley about why he only returned one gun, not two, what did Presley say?
9. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, two women appear on Tom's doorstep. Why are the women there?
10. When Penn first meets with the person he agrees to be interviewed by, why is Penn stunned?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)