|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Penn's hometown?
2. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
(a) Tom was arrested.
(b) Tom fled the state.
(c) Tom had a nervous breakdown.
(d) Tom had a heart attack.
3. Where was Hanratty's brother shot?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the eye.
(c) In the heart.
(d) In the back.
4. Where are Penn and his daughter when Penn decides to move back to his hometown?
(a) King's Island.
(b) Walt Disney World.
(c) Sea World.
(d) Epcot Center.
5. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what does this person consider Payton to be?
(a) A trumpet call.
(b) A thunderbolt.
(c) A stepping stone.
(d) An electric charge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the waitress interrupt Penn's interview?
2. For whom is the fundraising party being held?
3. How did Payton die?
4. Which of the characters at the fundraising party is an alcoholic?
5. Who picks up Penn and his daughter from the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pinder tell Penn that he's going to pretend to have never met Penn?
2. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
3. Why does Penn decide to move back to his hometown?
4. Why does Sam Jacobs warn Penn about the Payton murder as they leave the fund-raising party?
5. When Presley and Tom met after Hillman had been killed, what did Tom ask Presley?
6. When Penn announces to his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, how do Penn's parents react?
7. According to Penn's FBI contact, what reason was given for sealing Payton's case files?
8. According to the story Penn tells during his interview, why was Payton murdered?
9. Why did Presley return the gun he borrowed from Tom?
10. When the two women leave Tom's house, what has Penn decided to do for them?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)