|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the fundraising party, who throws a drink in Penn's face?
(a) Althea Payton.
(b) Olivia Marston.
(c) Georgia Payton.
(d) Maude Marston.
2. While Penn was still in high school, who often worked for the father of the girl Penn was involved with?
(a) Delano Payton.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Austin Mackey.
3. When Penn gets in the car of the person who was following Penn home from the fundraiser, where do the two men go?
(a) Biscuits and Blues.
(b) FBI Headquarters.
(c) Triton Battery.
(d) The police station.
4. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, who rings Tom's doorbell?
5. What is the name of Penn Cage's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Penn Cage's wife?
2. Who is the district attorney in Natchez?
3. After committing a racially-motivated murder in California, where did Hanratty and his brothers escape to?
4. In what year was Payton murdered?
5. What does Penn do when he sees that Leo Marston has arrived at the fundraising party?
Short Essay Questions
1. After hearing Presley's response about why Presley only returned one gun, not two, what does Tom believe?
2. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
3. When Penn calls home to tell his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, he senses something is wrong. Why does Penn not press his mother for details?
4. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, two women appear on Tom's doorstep. Why are the women there?
5. When Penn sees Mackey at the fundraising party, why is Mackey angry with Penn?
6. When Penn asks his father if he ever found out the reason behind Marston's attack, what is Tom's reply?
7. When Penn announces to his parents that he is moving back to his hometown, how do Penn's parents react?
8. How does Penn explain to his interviewer that Johnson is not courting the black vote?
9. When Penn and Tom discuss Tom's options regarding the blackmail, Penn suggests two options to his father. What are they?
10. According to Austin Mackey, why did Mackey not investigate the Payton murder himself?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)