|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Penn that there are files in the basement?
(a) The secretary.
(b) The janitor.
(c) The night watchman.
(d) The sheriff.
2. How does Penn characterize the man who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
(a) As an actor.
(b) As a liar.
(c) As a thief.
(d) As a friend.
3. What is the nickname of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
(a) The Terminator.
(b) The Matador.
(c) The Machine.
(d) The Spike.
4. As Chapter Five opens, to whom does Penn grant an interview?
(a) Caitlin Presley.
(b) Caitlin Masters.
(c) Olivia Marston.
(d) Olivia Mackey.
5. What is the name of the FBI agent that has helped Penn in the past?
(a) Peter Lutjens.
(b) Parker Marvin.
(c) Ronald Rundell.
(d) Willie Pinder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
2. Where do Penn and his interviewer end up meeting?
3. When the two women tell Penn the story of Payton's murder, how does Penn react?
4. What is the name of the girl Penn was involved with during high school?
5. How much time passes before Presley begins talking about Hillman's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Penn feel when he returns to his hometown to begin life anew?
2. When Penn's mother confesses why she has been upset, why is Penn stunned by her news?
3. How does Penn explain to his interviewer that Johnson is not courting the black vote?
4. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, what does Penn think is going on?
5. When Penn first confronts his father about what's bothering his father, how does Tom react?
6. Why does Sam Jacobs warn Penn about the Payton murder as they leave the fund-raising party?
7. Why does Ike Ransom refuse to elaborate when he tells Penn who he believes was involved in the Payton murder?
8. When Presley and Tom met after Hillman had been killed, what did Tom ask Presley?
9. According to the story Penn tells during his interview, why was Payton murdered?
10. Why does Pinder tell Penn that he's going to pretend to have never met Penn?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)