|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After driving around alone after Ruby's funeral, where does Penn finally end up?
(a) Marston's family home.
(b) Penn's burned-out home.
(c) Presley's trailer.
(d) Master's apartment.
2. According to the person Penn interviews in Colorado, how many witnesses were left out of the official case file?
3. Why had the person Penn interviews in Colorado been released from his previous job?
(a) Alcohol-related issues.
(b) Excessive force accusations.
(c) Anger-management issues.
(d) Drug abuse.
4. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
(a) Sue Marston for slander.
(b) Stake-out Marston's home.
(c) Provoke Marston in a fight.
(d) Accuse Marston of Payton's murder.
5. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
6. According to the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder, whom had she seen at the battery plant?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) Ike Ransom.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Sam Jacobs.
7. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
8. Where do Penn and Tom dispose of the gun?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) In the cemetery.
(c) In the river.
(d) In the backyard.
9. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
(a) Judge Murphy.
(b) Judge Franklin.
(c) Judge Foust.
(d) Judge Morris.
10. What does the judge threaten Marston with if Marston refuses Penn access to the files?
(d) Tax evasion.
11. Shortly after the Payton murder, Presley had been arrested. For what had Presley been arrested?
(a) Drug trafficking.
(c) Money laundering.
(d) Payton's murder.
12. Where is Peter Lutjens being transferred to?
(a) Bismarck, North Dakota.
(b) Pierre, South Dakota.
(c) Fargo, North Dakota.
(d) Bozeman, Montana.
13. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. Who is one of the men killed?
(a) Clovis Hanratty.
(b) Lou Hanratty.
(c) Arthur Hanratty.
(d) Marcus Hanratty.
14. While having drinks at Biscuits and Blues, who interrupts Penn and his companion?
15. Whom do Penn and Caitlin interview in Colorado?
(a) Agent Beckman.
(b) Agent Stone.
(c) Agent Marby.
(d) Agent Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. How was the attempt made?
2. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
3. What is the name of Penn's bodyguard?
4. Who helps Penn create a diversion so that Penn can make his trip and not be followed?
5. When Penn visits Agent Stone again, what does Penn learn from the agent?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)