|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penn promise Caitlin in exchange for her help with the Payton case?
(a) Book rights.
(c) An exclusive.
2. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the truck.
3. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
(a) Stake-out Marston's home.
(b) Accuse Marston of Payton's murder.
(c) Sue Marston for slander.
(d) Provoke Marston in a fight.
4. According to the records stolen by the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues, what was the fee for her private adoption?
5. Whom do Penn and Caitlin interview in Colorado?
(a) Agent Stone.
(b) Agent Jones.
(c) Agent Marby.
(d) Agent Beckman.
6. Who does Penn end up going to Biscuits and Blues with for drinks?
(a) Olivia Marston.
(b) Caitlin Masters.
(c) Dan Kelly.
(d) Ike Ransom.
7. After the accusations are published, Penn hires private bodyguards for his family. From where does he hire the bodyguards?
(a) Masters Enforcement.
(b) Marston Security.
(c) Argus Security.
(d) Spike Security.
8. When Marston finally shows up at his office, who does Penn see with Marston?
9. According to the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder, whom had she seen at the battery plant?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Ike Ransom.
(d) Leo Marston.
10. Years earlier, from what had the person trapped inside the house saved Penn?
(a) A bully.
(b) A snake.
(c) A mugger.
(d) A dog.
11. What is the occupation of the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Car salesman.
(b) Demolition man.
(d) Repo man.
12. As Stone and Penn rush from the house, Stone is shot. Where is Stone hit?
(a) The leg.
(b) The throat.
(c) The buttocks.
(d) The arm.
13. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
(a) Althea is angry.
(b) Althea is stunned.
(c) Althea is concerned.
(d) Althea is relieved.
14. As Tom and Penn discuss the Payton murder, what do the two men agree is most important as the investigation progresses?
(a) Clearing Tom's good name.
(b) Keeping the family safe.
(c) Bringing those responsible to justice.
(d) Finding the truth.
15. When Penn returns to the hotel room after witnessing the execution, whom do Penn and Caitlin talk about?
(a) Arthur Lee Hanratty.
(b) John Portman.
(c) Olivia Marston.
(d) Austin Mackey.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Penn and Stone part, what does Stone promise to do if he survives the night?
2. When Penn leaves Althea's house, what does he take with him?
3. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
4. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
5. Penn stops in Huntsville to witness the execution of ___________.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)