|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. On whose life was the attempt made?
(a) Olivia Marston.
(b) Caitlin Masters.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Althea Payton.
2. What does the judge threaten Marston with if Marston refuses Penn access to the files?
(d) Tax evasion.
3. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
(a) Althea is concerned.
(b) Althea is stunned.
(c) Althea is relieved.
(d) Althea is angry.
4. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
(a) Judge Franklin.
(b) Judge Foust.
(c) Judge Murphy.
(d) Judge Morris.
5. Where did the person being executed commit a murder while being part of the witness protection program?
(c) New Orleans.
6. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
(a) Sue Marston for slander.
(b) Accuse Marston of Payton's murder.
(c) Stake-out Marston's home.
(d) Provoke Marston in a fight.
7. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Penn is about to be arrested.
(b) Their lives are in danger.
(c) Their phones are bugged.
(d) Annie has been kidnapped.
8. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. How many men wind up dead?
9. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the truck.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the river.
10. Who helps Penn create a diversion so that Penn can make his trip and not be followed?
(a) Dan Kelly.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Tom Cage.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
11. According to what Stone tells Penn, what motivated the Payton killing?
(a) Property use.
(d) Racial tension.
12. What is the eyewitness's name that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Betty Lou Beckman.
(b) Marissa Presley.
(c) Jimmy Rise.
(d) Frank Jones.
13. After Penn gets the person out of the house, Annie is missing. Who returns Annie to Penn?
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A police officer.
14. What is the name of the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder?
(a) Betty Lou Masters.
(b) Betty Lou Beckman.
(c) Betty Lou Marston.
(d) Betty Lou Bannister.
15. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Livy and Penn find when they return from their drive?
2. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
3. How much money is Penn going to bill Althea for investigating Payton's murder?
4. Why does the Hanratty brother try to kill Penn?
5. After the accusations are published, Penn hires private bodyguards for his family. From where does he hire the bodyguards?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)