|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Stone and Penn rush from the house, Stone is shot. Where is Stone hit?
(a) The throat.
(b) The arm.
(c) The buttocks.
(d) The leg.
2. When the phone line to Agent Stone's house is cut, what does Stone give to Penn?
(a) A warning.
(b) A file.
(c) A gun.
(d) A name.
3. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the truck.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the barn.
4. Who helps Penn create a diversion so that Penn can make his trip and not be followed?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Dan Kelly.
(c) Tom Cage.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
5. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
(a) Althea is relieved.
(b) Althea is concerned.
(c) Althea is angry.
(d) Althea is stunned.
6. According to the records stolen by the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues, what was the fee for her private adoption?
7. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
8. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
9. How much money is Penn going to bill Althea for investigating Payton's murder?
(a) $1,000 per day.
(b) $100 per day.
(c) $10 per day.
(d) $1 per day.
10. Who taught Penn about explosives and the damage they cause?
(a) Dwight Stone.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Tom Cage.
(d) Huey Moak.
11. When Marston finally shows up at his office, who does Penn see with Marston?
12. According to what Stone tells Penn, who does Stone believe arranged Payton's murder?
13. Years earlier, from what had the person trapped inside the house saved Penn?
(a) A dog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bully.
(d) A mugger.
14. According to Marston's phone records, to whom has Marston talked several times since Caitlin's first article about Payton was published?
(a) John Portman.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Ike Ransom.
(d) Austin Mackey.
15. What is the amount of the lawsuit that Marston files against Penn and the Examiner?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $2.5 million.
(d) $1 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current position held by the person Penn is stunned to see in Huntsville?
2. What does Penn promise Caitlin in exchange for her help with the Payton case?
3. After the accusations are published, Penn hires private bodyguards for his family. From where does he hire the bodyguards?
4. As Penn and Stone part, what does Stone promise to do if he survives the night?
5. What do Livy and Penn find when they return from their drive?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)