|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the fax Penn receives when he arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, when were the items in question stolen?
2. Penn stunned to see _______________.at the execution in Huntsville.
(a) John Portman.
(b) Peter Lutjens.
(c) Austin Mackey.
(d) Leo Marston.
3. Where do Penn and Tom dispose of the gun?
(a) In the cemetery.
(b) In the river.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In the swamp.
4. When Livy shows up at Penn's house, the two take a drive. Where do they go?
(a) Lake Altoona.
(b) The Cold Hole.
(c) Beckman Beach.
(d) Biscuits and Blules.
5. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
(a) Agent Masters.
(b) Agent Marston.
(c) Agent Hanratty.
(d) Agent Stone.
6. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the truck.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the barn.
7. Years earlier, from what had the person trapped inside the house saved Penn?
(a) A mugger.
(b) A bully.
(c) A dog.
(d) A snake.
8. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
(a) Althea is relieved.
(b) Althea is stunned.
(c) Althea is angry.
(d) Althea is concerned.
9. Who accompanies Penn on his stakeout of Marston's office?
10. Penn stops in Huntsville to witness the execution of ___________.
(a) Huey Moak.
(b) Arthur Lee Hanratty.
(c) Peter Lutjens.
(d) Ike Ransom.
11. Who taught Penn about explosives and the damage they cause?
(a) Huey Moak.
(b) Tom Cage.
(c) Sam Jacobs.
(d) Dwight Stone.
12. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. How was the attempt made?
(a) Car accident.
13. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
(a) He needs to go to Washington.
(b) He needs to go to Colorado.
(c) He needs to go to Florida.
(d) He needs to go to California.
14. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Annie has been kidnapped.
(b) Penn is about to be arrested.
(c) Their lives are in danger.
(d) Their phones are bugged.
15. As Penn drives alone after Ruby's funeral, how is Penn feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Livy and Penn find when they return from their drive?
2. As Penn and Stone part, what does Stone promise to do if he survives the night?
3. What does the judge threaten Marston with if Marston refuses Penn access to the files?
4. Why had the person Penn interviews in Colorado been released from his previous job?
5. What is the first task that Penn gives to Caitlin in regard to the Payton case?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)