|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Penn and Tom dispose of the gun?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) In the river.
(c) In the cemetery.
(d) In the backyard.
2. As Tom and Penn discuss the Payton murder, what do the two men agree is most important as the investigation progresses?
(a) Bringing those responsible to justice.
(b) Clearing Tom's good name.
(c) Finding the truth.
(d) Keeping the family safe.
3. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
(a) Judge Morris.
(b) Judge Murphy.
(c) Judge Franklin.
(d) Judge Foust.
4. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
5. Why does the Hanratty brother try to kill Penn?
6. What is the occupation of the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Car salesman.
(b) Repo man.
(c) Demolition man.
7. When Livy shows up at Penn's house, the two take a drive. Where do they go?
(a) Lake Altoona.
(b) Biscuits and Blules.
(c) Beckman Beach.
(d) The Cold Hole.
8. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
(a) Althea is relieved.
(b) Althea is concerned.
(c) Althea is stunned.
(d) Althea is angry.
9. As Penn and Stone part, what does Stone promise to do if he survives the night?
(a) Protect Penn.
(b) Apologize to Althea.
(c) Testify against Marston.
(d) Make things right.
10. While having drinks at Biscuits and Blues, who interrupts Penn and his companion?
11. What is the eyewitness's name that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Jimmy Rise.
(b) Marissa Presley.
(c) Frank Jones.
(d) Betty Lou Beckman.
12. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
(a) Agent Masters.
(b) Agent Stone.
(c) Agent Marston.
(d) Agent Hanratty.
13. Who helps Penn create a diversion so that Penn can make his trip and not be followed?
(a) Caitlin Masters.
(b) Dan Kelly.
(c) Tom Cage.
(d) Sam Jacobs.
14. Who accompanies Penn on his stakeout of Marston's office?
15. While at the hospital waiting for a helicopter, what happens?
(a) Ruby dies.
(b) Olivia kisses Penn.
(c) Caitlin comforts Penn.
(d) Annie is returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
2. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. How many men wind up dead?
3. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
4. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
5. What is the name of Penn's bodyguard?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)