|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
2. What is the name of the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder?
(a) Betty Lou Marston.
(b) Betty Lou Beckman.
(c) Betty Lou Bannister.
(d) Betty Lou Masters.
3. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
(a) He needs to go to Washington.
(b) He needs to go to Colorado.
(c) He needs to go to California.
(d) He needs to go to Florida.
4. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Their lives are in danger.
(b) Annie has been kidnapped.
(c) Their phones are bugged.
(d) Penn is about to be arrested.
5. Where is Peter Lutjens being transferred to?
(a) Bozeman, Montana.
(b) Pierre, South Dakota.
(c) Fargo, North Dakota.
(d) Bismarck, North Dakota.
6. How much money is Penn going to bill Althea for investigating Payton's murder?
(a) $10 per day.
(b) $1 per day.
(c) $100 per day.
(d) $1,000 per day.
7. Where do Penn and Tom dispose of the gun?
(a) In the river.
(b) In the cemetery.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In the swamp.
8. Where did the person being executed commit a murder while being part of the witness protection program?
(c) New Orleans.
9. When the phone line to Agent Stone's house is cut, what does Stone give to Penn?
(a) A warning.
(b) A gun.
(c) A name.
(d) A file.
10. What does Penn promise Caitlin in exchange for her help with the Payton case?
(a) An exclusive.
(c) Book rights.
11. After learning that Penn is going to investigate Payton's murder, what does Althea show Penn?
(a) Payton's office.
(b) Payton's car.
(c) Payton's files.
(d) Payton's garage.
12. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Sam Jacobs.
13. When Penn leaves Althea's house, what does he take with him?
(a) An engine piece.
(b) A gas cap.
(c) An employment record.
(d) A phone number.
14. At the funeral, Althea tells the congregation that Penn is unselfish in his pursuit of the truth. What is Penn's real motivation for pursuing the Payton case?
15. According to Marston's phone records, to whom has Marston talked several times since Caitlin's first article about Payton was published?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) Ike Ransom.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Austin Mackey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penn stunned to see _______________.at the execution in Huntsville.
2. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
3. What is the amount of the lawsuit that Marston files against Penn and the Examiner?
4. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. How many men wind up dead?
5. Why does the Hanratty brother try to kill Penn?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)