|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Tom and Penn discuss the Payton murder, what do the two men agree is most important as the investigation progresses?
(a) Clearing Tom's good name.
(b) Bringing those responsible to justice.
(c) Finding the truth.
(d) Keeping the family safe.
2. After driving around alone after Ruby's funeral, where does Penn finally end up?
(a) Penn's burned-out home.
(b) Presley's trailer.
(c) Marston's family home.
(d) Master's apartment.
3. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
(a) Althea is stunned.
(b) Althea is concerned.
(c) Althea is relieved.
(d) Althea is angry.
4. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Leo Marston.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Ike Ransom.
5. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Their phones are bugged.
(b) Penn is about to be arrested.
(c) Annie has been kidnapped.
(d) Their lives are in danger.
6. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
(a) Sue Marston for slander.
(b) Stake-out Marston's home.
(c) Accuse Marston of Payton's murder.
(d) Provoke Marston in a fight.
7. Where is Peter Lutjens being transferred to?
(a) Fargo, North Dakota.
(b) Bismarck, North Dakota.
(c) Pierre, South Dakota.
(d) Bozeman, Montana.
8. How much money is Penn going to bill Althea for investigating Payton's murder?
(a) $100 per day.
(b) $10 per day.
(c) $1,000 per day.
(d) $1 per day.
9. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To the truck.
(d) To the forest.
10. When the phone line to Agent Stone's house is cut, what does Stone give to Penn?
(a) A gun.
(b) A warning.
(c) A name.
(d) A file.
11. When Penn returns to the hotel room after witnessing the execution, whom do Penn and Caitlin talk about?
(a) Olivia Marston.
(b) Austin Mackey.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Arthur Lee Hanratty.
12. Where did the person being executed commit a murder while being part of the witness protection program?
(d) New Orleans.
13. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
14. What do Livy and Penn find when they return from their drive?
(a) Penn's house has been robbed.
(b) Penn's house is on fire.
(c) Penn's father is dead.
(d) Penn's daughter is missing.
15. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. Who is one of the men killed?
(a) Marcus Hanratty.
(b) Arthur Hanratty.
(c) Clovis Hanratty.
(d) Lou Hanratty.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Stone and Penn rush from the house, Stone is shot. Where is Stone hit?
2. What is the first task that Penn gives to Caitlin in regard to the Payton case?
3. What is the eyewitness's name that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
4. When Livy shows up at Penn's house, the two take a drive. Where do they go?
5. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)