|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning that Penn is going to investigate Payton's murder, what does Althea show Penn?
(a) Payton's garage.
(b) Payton's office.
(c) Payton's files.
(d) Payton's car.
2. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
(a) Agent Hanratty.
(b) Agent Masters.
(c) Agent Stone.
(d) Agent Marston.
3. Where did the person being executed commit a murder while being part of the witness protection program?
(c) New Orleans.
4. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
5. After driving around alone after Ruby's funeral, where does Penn finally end up?
(a) Presley's trailer.
(b) Penn's burned-out home.
(c) Master's apartment.
(d) Marston's family home.
6. What do Livy and Penn find when they return from their drive?
(a) Penn's daughter is missing.
(b) Penn's house has been robbed.
(c) Penn's house is on fire.
(d) Penn's father is dead.
7. According to the fax Penn receives when he arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, when were the items in question stolen?
8. As Penn drives alone after Ruby's funeral, how is Penn feeling?
9. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
(a) Judge Morris.
(b) Judge Foust.
(c) Judge Murphy.
(d) Judge Franklin.
10. What is the name of Penn's bodyguard?
(a) Frank Kelly.
(b) Sam Jones.
(c) Dan Kelly.
(d) Arthur Menden.
11. What does Penn promise Caitlin in exchange for her help with the Payton case?
(a) An exclusive.
(c) Book rights.
12. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Ike Ransom.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Leo Marston.
13. As Tom and Penn discuss the Payton murder, what do the two men agree is most important as the investigation progresses?
(a) Keeping the family safe.
(b) Clearing Tom's good name.
(c) Finding the truth.
(d) Bringing those responsible to justice.
14. When Penn leaves Althea's house, what does he take with him?
(a) A phone number.
(b) An engine piece.
(c) A gas cap.
(d) An employment record.
15. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
(a) Stake-out Marston's home.
(b) Accuse Marston of Payton's murder.
(c) Sue Marston for slander.
(d) Provoke Marston in a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current position held by the person Penn is stunned to see in Huntsville?
2. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
3. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
4. Penn stunned to see _______________.at the execution in Huntsville.
5. Who accompanies Penn on his stakeout of Marston's office?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)