|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Penn returns to the hotel room after witnessing the execution, whom do Penn and Caitlin talk about?
(a) Olivia Marston.
(b) Arthur Lee Hanratty.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Austin Mackey.
2. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
(a) Livy was incompetent.
(b) Livy was selfish.
(c) Livy was paid off.
(d) Livy was pregnant.
3. Why does the Hanratty brother try to kill Penn?
4. Years earlier, from what had the person trapped inside the house saved Penn?
(a) A snake.
(b) A mugger.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bully.
5. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
6. Who does Penn end up going to Biscuits and Blues with for drinks?
(a) Dan Kelly.
(b) Caitlin Masters.
(c) Ike Ransom.
(d) Olivia Marston.
7. When Penn visits Agent Stone again, what does Penn learn from the agent?
(a) Payton was killed in self-defense.
(b) Stone's daughter has been fired.
(c) Marston offered Stone a bribe.
(d) People are watching Stone's house.
8. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. Who is one of the men killed?
(a) Clovis Hanratty.
(b) Marcus Hanratty.
(c) Arthur Hanratty.
(d) Lou Hanratty.
9. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. On whose life was the attempt made?
(a) Althea Payton.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Caitlin Masters.
(d) Olivia Marston.
10. As Tom and Penn discuss the Payton murder, what do the two men agree is most important as the investigation progresses?
(a) Clearing Tom's good name.
(b) Finding the truth.
(c) Bringing those responsible to justice.
(d) Keeping the family safe.
11. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
(a) Althea is concerned.
(b) Althea is relieved.
(c) Althea is stunned.
(d) Althea is angry.
12. Penn stops in Huntsville to witness the execution of ___________.
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Huey Moak.
(c) Arthur Lee Hanratty.
(d) Peter Lutjens.
13. After driving around alone after Ruby's funeral, where does Penn finally end up?
(a) Penn's burned-out home.
(b) Master's apartment.
(c) Presley's trailer.
(d) Marston's family home.
14. When Penn arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, a fax is waiting for him. This fax tells him about ____________.
(a) Stolen dynamite.
(b) Stolen plastic explosives.
(c) Stolen fire bombs.
(d) Stolen weapons.
15. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the fax Penn receives when he arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, when were the items in question stolen?
2. What is the amount of the lawsuit that Marston files against Penn and the Examiner?
3. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
4. According to the records stolen by the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues, what was the fee for her private adoption?
5. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. How many men wind up dead?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)