|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Tom and Penn discuss the Payton murder, what do the two men agree is most important as the investigation progresses?
(a) Clearing Tom's good name.
(b) Bringing those responsible to justice.
(c) Finding the truth.
(d) Keeping the family safe.
2. After learning that Penn is going to investigate Payton's murder, what does Althea show Penn?
(a) Payton's car.
(b) Payton's office.
(c) Payton's garage.
(d) Payton's files.
3. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
(a) Judge Murphy.
(b) Judge Morris.
(c) Judge Foust.
(d) Judge Franklin.
4. As Penn drives alone after Ruby's funeral, how is Penn feeling?
5. After getting away from their pursuers, where does Stone send Penn to for help?
(a) The sheriff's station.
(b) His former partner.
(c) Biscuits and Blues.
(d) The Silver Bell.
6. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
7. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Their lives are in danger.
(b) Penn is about to be arrested.
(c) Their phones are bugged.
(d) Annie has been kidnapped.
8. Penn stops in Huntsville to witness the execution of ___________.
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Huey Moak.
(c) Arthur Lee Hanratty.
(d) Peter Lutjens.
9. Where did the person being executed commit a murder while being part of the witness protection program?
(c) New Orleans.
10. Where do Penn and Tom dispose of the gun?
(a) In the cemetery.
(b) In the swamp.
(c) In the river.
(d) In the backyard.
11. When the phone line to Agent Stone's house is cut, what does Stone give to Penn?
(a) A warning.
(b) A name.
(c) A gun.
(d) A file.
12. What does the judge threaten Marston with if Marston refuses Penn access to the files?
(b) Tax evasion.
13. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
(a) He needs to go to California.
(b) He needs to go to Colorado.
(c) He needs to go to Washington.
(d) He needs to go to Florida.
14. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. On whose life was the attempt made?
(a) Caitlin Masters.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Althea Payton.
(d) Olivia Marston.
15. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. How many men wind up dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the person Penn interviews in Colorado, how many witnesses were left out of the official case file?
2. What do Livy and Penn find when they return from their drive?
3. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. How was the attempt made?
4. As Stone and Penn rush from the house, Stone is shot. Where is Stone hit?
5. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)