|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Penn is about to be arrested.
(b) Their lives are in danger.
(c) Annie has been kidnapped.
(d) Their phones are bugged.
2. Where did the person being executed commit a murder while being part of the witness protection program?
(a) New Orleans.
3. While at the hospital waiting for a helicopter, what happens?
(a) Caitlin comforts Penn.
(b) Annie is returned.
(c) Ruby dies.
(d) Olivia kisses Penn.
4. When Penn returns to the hotel room after witnessing the execution, whom do Penn and Caitlin talk about?
(a) Austin Mackey.
(b) Olivia Marston.
(c) Arthur Lee Hanratty.
(d) John Portman.
5. What does Penn promise Caitlin in exchange for her help with the Payton case?
(b) An exclusive.
(c) Book rights.
6. What is the name of the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder?
(a) Betty Lou Masters.
(b) Betty Lou Marston.
(c) Betty Lou Beckman.
(d) Betty Lou Bannister.
7. Penn stunned to see _______________.at the execution in Huntsville.
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) Peter Lutjens.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Austin Mackey.
8. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
9. After the accusations are published, Penn hires private bodyguards for his family. From where does he hire the bodyguards?
(a) Argus Security.
(b) Masters Enforcement.
(c) Marston Security.
(d) Spike Security.
10. What is the occupation of the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Demolition man.
(b) Car salesman.
(c) Repo man.
11. According to what Stone tells Penn, who does Stone believe arranged Payton's murder?
12. Who taught Penn about explosives and the damage they cause?
(a) Tom Cage.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Huey Moak.
(d) Dwight Stone.
13. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
(a) Althea is stunned.
(b) Althea is relieved.
(c) Althea is angry.
(d) Althea is concerned.
14. What is the first task that Penn gives to Caitlin in regard to the Payton case?
(a) Interviewing Althea Payton.
(b) Unsealing the case files.
(c) Rereading the trial transcripts.
(d) Getting the details on Leo Marston.
15. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Peter Lutjens being transferred to?
2. What is the name of the Marston family home?
3. When the phone line to Agent Stone's house is cut, what does Stone give to Penn?
4. What does the judge threaten Marston with if Marston refuses Penn access to the files?
5. According to Marston's phone records, to whom has Marston talked several times since Caitlin's first article about Payton was published?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)