|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Repo man.
(b) Car salesman.
(d) Demolition man.
2. At the funeral, Althea tells the congregation that Penn is unselfish in his pursuit of the truth. What is Penn's real motivation for pursuing the Payton case?
3. Whom do Penn and Caitlin interview in Colorado?
(a) Agent Stone.
(b) Agent Marby.
(c) Agent Jones.
(d) Agent Beckman.
4. How much money is Penn going to bill Althea for investigating Payton's murder?
(a) $100 per day.
(b) $1 per day.
(c) $1,000 per day.
(d) $10 per day.
5. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
(a) Agent Hanratty.
(b) Agent Masters.
(c) Agent Marston.
(d) Agent Stone.
6. According to the fax Penn receives when he arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, when were the items in question stolen?
7. According to Marston's phone records, to whom has Marston talked several times since Caitlin's first article about Payton was published?
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Austin Mackey.
8. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Their lives are in danger.
(b) Penn is about to be arrested.
(c) Their phones are bugged.
(d) Annie has been kidnapped.
9. According to what Stone tells Penn, who does Stone believe arranged Payton's murder?
10. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
(a) He needs to go to Florida.
(b) He needs to go to Washington.
(c) He needs to go to Colorado.
(d) He needs to go to California.
11. After driving around alone after Ruby's funeral, where does Penn finally end up?
(a) Marston's family home.
(b) Presley's trailer.
(c) Master's apartment.
(d) Penn's burned-out home.
12. When Penn visits Agent Stone again, what does Penn learn from the agent?
(a) People are watching Stone's house.
(b) Stone's daughter has been fired.
(c) Marston offered Stone a bribe.
(d) Payton was killed in self-defense.
13. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
14. What is the first task that Penn gives to Caitlin in regard to the Payton case?
(a) Interviewing Althea Payton.
(b) Getting the details on Leo Marston.
(c) Unsealing the case files.
(d) Rereading the trial transcripts.
15. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
(a) Livy was selfish.
(b) Livy was paid off.
(c) Livy was pregnant.
(d) Livy was incompetent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Stone tells Penn, what motivated the Payton killing?
2. How does Althea react when Penn tells her that he's going to investigate Payton's murder?
3. When Penn returns to the hotel room after witnessing the execution, whom do Penn and Caitlin talk about?
4. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
5. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)