|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. Who is one of the men killed?
(a) Lou Hanratty.
(b) Marcus Hanratty.
(c) Arthur Hanratty.
(d) Clovis Hanratty.
2. After driving around alone after Ruby's funeral, where does Penn finally end up?
(a) Marston's family home.
(b) Presley's trailer.
(c) Penn's burned-out home.
(d) Master's apartment.
3. What is the name of Penn's bodyguard?
(a) Frank Kelly.
(b) Sam Jones.
(c) Arthur Menden.
(d) Dan Kelly.
4. What is the current position held by the person Penn is stunned to see in Huntsville?
(a) District Attorney.
(c) Director of the CIA.
(d) Director of the FBI.
5. When Marston finally shows up at his office, who does Penn see with Marston?
6. According to what Stone tells Penn, who does Stone believe arranged Payton's murder?
7. What is the amount of the lawsuit that Marston files against Penn and the Examiner?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $1 million.
(c) $2.5 million.
(d) $5 million.
8. What is the name of the Marston family home?
9. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
10. When Livy shows up at Penn's house, the two take a drive. Where do they go?
(a) Lake Altoona.
(b) The Cold Hole.
(c) Beckman Beach.
(d) Biscuits and Blules.
11. Years earlier, from what had the person trapped inside the house saved Penn?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bully.
(c) A mugger.
(d) A dog.
12. What is the occupation of the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Demolition man.
(b) Repo man.
(d) Car salesman.
13. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the forest.
(b) To the truck.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the barn.
14. What is the name of the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder?
(a) Betty Lou Beckman.
(b) Betty Lou Bannister.
(c) Betty Lou Marston.
(d) Betty Lou Masters.
15. At the funeral, Althea tells the congregation that Penn is unselfish in his pursuit of the truth. What is Penn's real motivation for pursuing the Payton case?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the phone line to Agent Stone's house is cut, what does Stone give to Penn?
2. When Penn arrives home, he learns that ____________is still inside the house.
3. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
4. When Penn arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, a fax is waiting for him. This fax tells him about ____________.
5. Who taught Penn about explosives and the damage they cause?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)