|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
2. While having drinks at Biscuits and Blues, who interrupts Penn and his companion?
3. As Penn and Stone part, what does Stone promise to do if he survives the night?
(a) Testify against Marston.
(b) Protect Penn.
(c) Make things right.
(d) Apologize to Althea.
4. When Penn leaves Althea's house, what does he take with him?
(a) A phone number.
(b) A gas cap.
(c) An engine piece.
(d) An employment record.
5. According to the fax Penn receives when he arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, when were the items in question stolen?
6. What is the amount of the lawsuit that Marston files against Penn and the Examiner?
(a) $1 million.
(b) $2.5 million.
(c) $5 million.
(d) $10 million.
7. Where do Penn and Tom dispose of the gun?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) In the river.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In the cemetery.
8. When Penn arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, a fax is waiting for him. This fax tells him about ____________.
(a) Stolen weapons.
(b) Stolen fire bombs.
(c) Stolen dynamite.
(d) Stolen plastic explosives.
9. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
(a) Livy was incompetent.
(b) Livy was selfish.
(c) Livy was paid off.
(d) Livy was pregnant.
10. Who does Penn end up going to Biscuits and Blues with for drinks?
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Caitlin Masters.
(c) Dan Kelly.
(d) Olivia Marston.
11. After Penn gets the person out of the house, Annie is missing. Who returns Annie to Penn?
(b) A police officer.
(d) A neighbor.
12. What does the judge threaten Marston with if Marston refuses Penn access to the files?
(b) Tax evasion.
13. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Leo Marston.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Sam Jacobs.
14. After getting away from their pursuers, where does Stone send Penn to for help?
(a) His former partner.
(b) Biscuits and Blues.
(c) The Silver Bell.
(d) The sheriff's station.
15. What is the eyewitness's name that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
(a) Marissa Presley.
(b) Jimmy Rise.
(c) Frank Jones.
(d) Betty Lou Beckman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Penn visits Agent Stone again, what does Penn learn from the agent?
2. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
3. What is the occupation of the eyewitness that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
4. As Penn drives alone after Ruby's funeral, how is Penn feeling?
5. As Penn ponders what he has learned to this point, what does Penn begin to believe the murder was about?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)