|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the current position held by the person Penn is stunned to see in Huntsville?
(a) District Attorney.
(b) Director of the CIA.
(d) Director of the FBI.
2. After getting away from their pursuers, where does Stone send Penn to for help?
(a) The sheriff's station.
(b) Biscuits and Blues.
(c) His former partner.
(d) The Silver Bell.
3. Who does Penn end up going to Biscuits and Blues with for drinks?
(a) Olivia Marston.
(b) Ike Ransom.
(c) Dan Kelly.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
4. As Penn and Stone part, what does Stone promise to do if he survives the night?
(a) Testify against Marston.
(b) Apologize to Althea.
(c) Protect Penn.
(d) Make things right.
5. According to the records stolen by the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues, what was the fee for her private adoption?
6. After learning that Penn is going to investigate Payton's murder, what does Althea show Penn?
(a) Payton's car.
(b) Payton's office.
(c) Payton's garage.
(d) Payton's files.
7. Years earlier, from what had the person trapped inside the house saved Penn?
(a) A mugger.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bully.
(d) A dog.
8. What is the first task that Penn gives to Caitlin in regard to the Payton case?
(a) Rereading the trial transcripts.
(b) Getting the details on Leo Marston.
(c) Unsealing the case files.
(d) Interviewing Althea Payton.
9. What does Penn promise Caitlin in exchange for her help with the Payton case?
(a) An exclusive.
(c) Book rights.
10. Who helps Penn create a diversion so that Penn can make his trip and not be followed?
(a) Caitlin Masters.
(b) Tom Cage.
(c) Dan Kelly.
(d) Sam Jacobs.
11. When Marston finally shows up at his office, who does Penn see with Marston?
12. When Penn arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, a fax is waiting for him. This fax tells him about ____________.
(a) Stolen weapons.
(b) Stolen fire bombs.
(c) Stolen dynamite.
(d) Stolen plastic explosives.
13. As Stone and Penn rush from the house with bullets flying behind them, where do the two men flee?
(a) To the truck.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the forest.
14. According to what Stone tells Penn, what motivated the Payton killing?
(b) Property use.
(c) Racial tension.
15. What do Marston and his companion remove from Marston's office?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
2. Penn stops in Huntsville to witness the execution of ___________.
3. According to the fax Penn receives when he arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, when were the items in question stolen?
4. Why had J. Edgar Hoover taken the Payton file after Stone had solved the case?
5. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. How many men wind up dead?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)