|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penn want to do in order to force Leo Marston's hand?
(a) Provoke Marston in a fight.
(b) Accuse Marston of Payton's murder.
(c) Sue Marston for slander.
(d) Stake-out Marston's home.
2. Years earlier, from what had the person trapped inside the house saved Penn?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bully.
(d) A mugger.
3. What is the current position held by the person Penn is stunned to see in Huntsville?
(a) District Attorney.
(c) Director of the FBI.
(d) Director of the CIA.
4. What is the name of the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder?
(a) Betty Lou Bannister.
(b) Betty Lou Masters.
(c) Betty Lou Marston.
(d) Betty Lou Beckman.
5. What is the name of the Marston family home?
6. When Livy shows up at Penn's house, the two take a drive. Where do they go?
(a) Beckman Beach.
(b) Biscuits and Blules.
(c) The Cold Hole.
(d) Lake Altoona.
7. Who taught Penn about explosives and the damage they cause?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Tom Cage.
(c) Huey Moak.
(d) Dwight Stone.
8. How much money is Penn going to bill Althea for investigating Payton's murder?
(a) $1 per day.
(b) $10 per day.
(c) $100 per day.
(d) $1,000 per day.
9. While having drinks at Biscuits and Blues, who interrupts Penn and his companion?
10. As Penn and his bodyguard are at the warehouse, shots are fired. How many men wind up dead?
11. Who does Penn end up going to Biscuits and Blues with for drinks?
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Dan Kelly.
(c) Olivia Marston.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
12. When Penn leaves Althea's house, what does he take with him?
(a) An engine piece.
(b) An employment record.
(c) A gas cap.
(d) A phone number.
13. Who is the mother of the person who interrupts Penn and his companion at Biscuits and Blues?
14. When Penn visits Agent Stone again, what does Penn learn from the agent?
(a) People are watching Stone's house.
(b) Payton was killed in self-defense.
(c) Stone's daughter has been fired.
(d) Marston offered Stone a bribe.
15. When Penn and Caitlin discuss Penn's high school relationship with Livy, why does Caitlin suggest Livy left Penn?
(a) Livy was incompetent.
(b) Livy was paid off.
(c) Livy was selfish.
(d) Livy was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Althea, who was one of the agents that originally investigated Payton's death?
2. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
3. What does Penn promise Caitlin in exchange for her help with the Payton case?
4. Whom do Penn and his bodyguard go to meet at the warehouse?
5. Why does the Hanratty brother try to kill Penn?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)