|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Stone and Penn rush from the house, Stone is shot. Where is Stone hit?
(a) The leg.
(b) The buttocks.
(c) The arm.
(d) The throat.
2. What does Caitlin learn from a phone call that she receives at her office?
(a) Their phones are bugged.
(b) Penn is about to be arrested.
(c) Their lives are in danger.
(d) Annie has been kidnapped.
3. After Penn confronts Livy and the two are interrupted by Leo, what does Penn suddenly realize?
(a) He needs to go to Colorado.
(b) He needs to go to Washington.
(c) He needs to go to California.
(d) He needs to go to Florida.
4. As Penn and Caitlin leave the restaurant, where does Penn ask Caitlin to accompany him to?
5. While at the hospital waiting for a helicopter, what happens?
(a) Caitlin comforts Penn.
(b) Annie is returned.
(c) Olivia kisses Penn.
(d) Ruby dies.
6. What is the first task that Penn gives to Caitlin in regard to the Payton case?
(a) Interviewing Althea Payton.
(b) Unsealing the case files.
(c) Getting the details on Leo Marston.
(d) Rereading the trial transcripts.
7. What is the name of the Marston family home?
8. According to what Stone tells Penn, what motivated the Payton killing?
(a) Racial tension.
(b) Property use.
9. What do Livy and Penn find when they return from their drive?
(a) Penn's father is dead.
(b) Penn's house is on fire.
(c) Penn's house has been robbed.
(d) Penn's daughter is missing.
10. As Penn, Caitlin, and Annie wait for their plane in the Baton Rouge airport, whom does Penn see getting off a plane?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) Olivia Marston.
(c) Peggy Cage.
(d) Ruby Flowers.
11. What does the judge threaten Marston with if Marston refuses Penn access to the files?
(b) Tax evasion.
12. After driving around alone after Ruby's funeral, where does Penn finally end up?
(a) Penn's burned-out home.
(b) Presley's trailer.
(c) Master's apartment.
(d) Marston's family home.
13. Shortly after the Payton murder, Presley had been arrested. For what had Presley been arrested?
(a) Money laundering.
(b) Drug trafficking.
(c) Payton's murder.
14. Why had J. Edgar Hoover taken the Payton file after Stone had solved the case?
(a) To get Nixon elected.
(b) To blackmail Nixon.
(c) To hire Marston.
(d) To protect Marston.
15. According to the woman who was in the car the night of the Payton murder, whom had she seen at the battery plant?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) Leo Marston.
(c) Ike Ransom.
(d) Sam Jacobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the eyewitness's name that Penn tracks down upon his return to Natchez?
2. Who does Penn end up going to Biscuits and Blues with for drinks?
3. According to the fax Penn receives when he arrives back in Natchez after the trip to Colorado, when were the items in question stolen?
4. Who arrives with the police and orders the boxes removed from the Marston family home for safekeeping?
5. In Chapter 24, as Penn is reviewing the case, Tom returns home with news that an attempt had been made on someone's life. On whose life was the attempt made?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)