|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the person Penn goes to see after telling his father that he's bought the gun, what happened to the Payton file?
(a) It was taken to Washington.
(b) It was sent to storage.
(c) It was destroyed in a fire.
(d) It was shredded.
2. While Penn was still in high school, who often worked for the father of the girl Penn was involved with?
(a) Delano Payton.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Austin Mackey.
3. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, where is Olivia living?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
(a) Tom had a nervous breakdown.
(b) Tom fled the state.
(c) Tom was arrested.
(d) Tom had a heart attack.
5. According to Penn's friend at the FBI, who sealed Payton's case file?
(a) Ronald Rundell.
(b) J. Edgar Hoover.
(c) John Portman.
(d) President Nixon.
6. According to Sam, what rumor has he heard about Olivia?
(a) She's moving back to Natchez.
(b) Her husband is violent.
(c) She spends money like water.
(d) Her marriage is ending.
7. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what is the next step after being mayor of Natchez?
(a) District Attorney.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel.
8. What kind of gun was used to kill Hillman?
(a) A fifty-seven Magnum.
(b) A thirty-eight.
(c) A semi-automatic.
(d) A pistol.
9. When Penn has a dream that someone is trying to tell him something, whom does Penn see in his dream?
(a) Caitlin Masters.
(b) Peggy Cage.
(c) Ruby Flowers.
(d) Olivia Marston.
10. In what year was Payton murdered?
11. Which old school friend does Penn run into at the fundraising party?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Riley Warren.
(c) Ike Ransom.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
12. What does Penn do when he sees that Leo Marston has arrived at the fundraising party?
(a) Sends his father home.
(b) Asks for a meeting.
(c) Asks for a continuance.
(d) Confronts the judge.
13. When Penn suggests to his father that they need to talk, where do the two men go?
(a) The library.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The back porch.
14. Who picks up Penn and his daughter from the airport?
15. Who tells Penn that there are files in the basement?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The janitor.
(c) The night watchman.
(d) The secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Penn Cage's father?
2. Whom does Penn suggest Tom talk to about Tom's options regarding the blackmail?
3. Who follows Penn as he returns home from the fundraiser?
4. How long has the black woman been working for the Cage family?
5. Who drives Penn home from the fundraising party?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)