|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which old school friend does Penn run into at the fundraising party?
(a) Caitlin Masters.
(b) Riley Warren.
(c) Sam Jacobs.
(d) Ike Ransom.
2. What is the name of Penn Cage's wife?
3. How does the story initially describe Ray Presley?
(a) As a lying thief.
(b) As an upstanding citizen.
(c) As a dangerous man.
(d) As an honest person.
4. Who is the district attorney in Natchez?
(a) Austin Mackey.
(b) John Portman.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Leo Marston.
5. When the two women appear on Tom's doorstep, how do the women view Penn?
(a) As their slayer.
(b) As their betrayer.
(c) As their healer.
(d) As their champion.
6. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, where is Olivia living?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
7. As Chapter Five opens, to whom does Penn grant an interview?
(a) Olivia Marston.
(b) Olivia Mackey.
(c) Caitlin Presley.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
8. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
(a) Tom had a heart attack.
(b) Tom had a nervous breakdown.
(c) Tom fled the state.
(d) Tom was arrested.
9. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what is the next step after being mayor of Natchez?
(a) District Attorney.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel.
10. How much money does Penn end up paying to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
11. How many Hanratty brothers are there?
12. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
(a) Lung disease.
(b) Heart murmurs.
(d) Kidney failure.
13. When Penn has a dream that someone is trying to tell him something, whom does Penn see in his dream?
(a) Peggy Cage.
(b) Ruby Flowers.
(c) Caitlin Masters.
(d) Olivia Marston.
14. Where are Penn and his daughter when Penn decides to move back to his hometown?
(a) Walt Disney World.
(b) Epcot Center.
(c) Sea World.
(d) King's Island.
15. Which character is friends with Penn even though he is Jewish and Penn is not?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Riley Warren.
(c) Austin Mackey.
(d) Abe Jensen.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom, who raped Penn's aunt years earlier?
2. How long has the black woman been working for the Cage family?
3. Who is Payton's mother?
4. Who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
5. What is the nickname of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)