|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Penn suggests to his father that they need to talk, where do the two men go?
(a) The library.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The kitchen.
2. Who follows Penn as he returns home from the fundraiser?
(a) Shad Johnson.
(b) Ike Ransom.
(c) Austin Mackey.
(d) Leo Marston.
3. In what state did Hillman's murder take place?
4. What does Penn do when he sees that Leo Marston has arrived at the fundraising party?
(a) Sends his father home.
(b) Asks for a meeting.
(c) Confronts the judge.
(d) Asks for a continuance.
5. How did Payton die?
(a) He burned to death.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He suffocated.
(d) He was in an accident.
6. What is the cause of death listed on Payton's death certificate?
(c) Smoke inhalation.
7. Where was Hanratty's brother shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the eye.
(d) In the heart.
8. What is the name of the plant at which Payton worked?
(a) Duracell Battery.
(b) Triton Battery.
(c) Exide Battery.
(d) Interstate Battery.
9. According to the article published after Penn's interview, what does Penn call Payton's murderers?
10. What is the name of the waitress that interrupts Penn's interview?
11. Who tells Penn that there are files in the basement?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The secretary.
(c) The janitor.
(d) The night watchman.
12. Where are Penn and his daughter when Penn decides to move back to his hometown?
(a) Walt Disney World.
(b) Sea World.
(c) Epcot Center.
(d) King's Island.
13. How many Hanratty brothers are there?
14. When Penn has a dream that someone is trying to tell him something, whom does Penn see in his dream?
(a) Olivia Marston.
(b) Caitlin Masters.
(c) Peggy Cage.
(d) Ruby Flowers.
15. Who is the current mayor of Natchez?
(a) Riley Warren.
(b) Shad Johnson.
(c) Sam Jacobs.
(d) Ike Ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Penn gets in the car of the person who was following Penn home from the fundraiser, where do the two men go?
2. What is the occupation of Penn Cage's father?
3. How much money does Penn offer to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
4. As Penn and his interviewer discuss racism in the south, how does Penn react?
5. When Tom was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier, who was the prosecuting attorney?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)