|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) Shad Johnson.
(c) Henry Lee.
(d) John Portman.
2. What is the cause of death listed on Payton's death certificate?
(b) Smoke inhalation.
3. When the two women appear on Tom's doorstep, how do the women view Penn?
(a) As their slayer.
(b) As their champion.
(c) As their healer.
(d) As their betrayer.
4. How does the story initially describe Tom Cage?
(a) A lying thief.
(b) An incompetent doctor.
(c) A fine man.
(d) A dangerous man.
5. According to Tom, who had Tom told about Ellen's rape in his office?
(a) Riley Warren.
(b) Don Hillman.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Ray Presley.
6. Who tells Penn that there are files in the basement?
(a) The secretary.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The janitor.
(d) The night watchman.
7. How much money does Penn offer to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
8. How many Hanratty brothers are there?
9. What is the name of Penn Cage's wife?
10. Who is Payton's widow?
11. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what does this person consider Payton to be?
(a) A stepping stone.
(b) An electric charge.
(c) A thunderbolt.
(d) A trumpet call.
12. After telling his father that he's bought the gun, whose office does Penn head to?
(a) Shad Johnson.
(b) Austin Mackey.
(c) Ike Ransom.
(d) John Portman.
13. How long before the story begins does Penn Cage's wife die?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Two months.
14. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, where is Olivia living?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
15. What is the occupation of Penn Cage's father?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An attorney.
(d) An author.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Penn was still in high school, who often worked for the father of the girl Penn was involved with?
2. Which character is friends with Penn even though he is Jewish and Penn is not?
3. According to Sam, what rumor has he heard about Olivia?
4. According to the article published after Penn's interview, what does Penn call Payton's murderers?
5. What is the name of the FBI agent that has helped Penn in the past?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)