|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the two women tell Penn the story of Payton's murder, how does Penn react?
(a) Penn is in denial.
(b) Penn is outraged.
(c) Penn is contrite.
(d) Penn is sympathetic.
2. Who does Penn Cage meet on the airplane as Penn is flying to his hometown?
3. According to Sam, what rumor has he heard about Olivia?
(a) She's moving back to Natchez.
(b) Her husband is violent.
(c) She spends money like water.
(d) Her marriage is ending.
4. How does Penn characterize the man who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
(a) As a liar.
(b) As a friend.
(c) As an actor.
(d) As a thief.
5. What is the occupation of Penn Cage's father?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An accountant.
(c) An author.
(d) An attorney.
6. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
(a) Heart murmurs.
(b) Lung disease.
(d) Kidney failure.
7. What is the name of the plant at which Payton worked?
(a) Exide Battery.
(b) Duracell Battery.
(c) Interstate Battery.
(d) Triton Battery.
8. What is the occupation of the father of the girl Penn was involved with during high school?
9. How much money does Penn buy the Payton file for?
10. At the time of the fight with Penn, what was the occupation of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty?
(a) FBI Director.
(b) Oregon Deputy Director.
(c) Natchez County Sheriff.
(d) California District Attorney.
11. According to Tom, in what year was Penn's aunt raped?
12. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what does this person consider Payton to be?
(a) An electric charge.
(b) A trumpet call.
(c) A stepping stone.
(d) A thunderbolt.
13. How much money does Penn end up paying to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
14. After Hanratty is convicted, his brother is shot and killed. Who shoots Hanratty's brother?
15. Which character is friends with Penn even though he is Jewish and Penn is not?
(a) Sam Jacobs.
(b) Austin Mackey.
(c) Riley Warren.
(d) Abe Jensen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Penn has a dream that someone is trying to tell him something, whom does Penn see in his dream?
2. Which old school friend does Penn run into at the fundraising party?
3. What is the name of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty?
4. According to Tom, who had Tom told about Ellen's rape in his office?
5. Who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)