|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel to this day about Hillman's murder?
2. As Penn and his interviewer discuss racism in the south, how does Penn react?
3. What is Penn Cage's occupation?
(a) An accountant.
(b) An attorney.
(c) An author.
(d) A doctor.
4. According to Tom, in what year was Penn's aunt raped?
5. Where was Hanratty's brother shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the heart.
(c) In the eye.
(d) In the leg.
6. Where do Penn and his interviewer end up meeting?
(a) At Biscuits and Hotcakes.
(b) At Biscuits and Buns.
(c) At Biscuits and Blues.
(d) At Biscuits and Bars.
7. How long has Penn been away from Natchez for before he returns to begin a new life?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Twenty years.
8. According to the article published after Penn's interview, what does Penn call Payton's murderers?
9. What happens as Penn is on his way home from the meeting with the man who warned Penn that his family might be in danger?
(a) Penn is beaten.
(b) Penn is an accident.
(c) Penn is shot at.
(d) Penn is mugged.
10. When Penn has a dream that someone is trying to tell him something, whom does Penn see in his dream?
(a) Ruby Flowers.
(b) Caitlin Masters.
(c) Peggy Cage.
(d) Olivia Marston.
11. For whom is the fundraising party being held?
(a) Riley Warren.
(b) Shad Johnson.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Austin Mackey.
12. How long has the black woman been working for the Cage family?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Forty years.
13. Who is Payton's widow?
14. How is Leo Marston characterized when he is introduced into the novel?
(a) As Natchez greed.
(b) As Natchez loyalty.
(c) As Natchez money.
(d) As Natchez royalty.
15. How much time passes before Presley begins talking about Hillman's murder?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Penn end up paying to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
2. According to Tom, who raped Penn's aunt years earlier?
3. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
4. When the two women tell Penn the story of Payton's murder, how does Penn react?
5. How long before the story begins does Penn Cage's wife die?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)