|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Penn been away from Natchez for before he returns to begin a new life?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Sixteen years.
2. What is the name of Penn Cage's daughter?
3. What is the name of the plant at which Payton worked?
(a) Interstate Battery.
(b) Exide Battery.
(c) Triton Battery.
(d) Duracell Battery.
4. When Penn suggests to his father that they need to talk, where do the two men go?
(a) The library.
(b) The back porch.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The dining room.
5. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what is the next step after being mayor of Natchez?
(b) District Attorney.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel.
6. Why does the waitress interrupt Penn's interview?
(a) For his autograph.
(b) For his order.
(c) To deliver his bill.
(d) To deliver his food.
7. What is the occupation of the man Penn fought with for the right to prosecute Hanratty now?
(a) FBI Director.
(b) IRS Director.
(c) Natchez County Sheriff.
(d) CIA Director.
8. In what year was Payton murdered?
9. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, who rings Tom's doorbell?
10. After committing a racially-motivated murder in California, where did Hanratty and his brothers escape to?
11. Who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
(a) Shad Johnson.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Riley Warren.
(d) Austin Mackey.
12. What is the name of the waitress that interrupts Penn's interview?
13. Who is the father of the girl Penn was involved with during high school?
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) Delano Payton.
(c) Ray Presley.
(d) Austin Mackey.
14. Who is Payton's widow?
15. In what state did Hillman's murder take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Penn that there are files in the basement?
2. How does Penn characterize the man who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
3. According to Tom, in what year was Penn's aunt raped?
4. What is the name of the black woman who works for the Cage family?
5. What is the name of Penn Cage's mother?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)