|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the FBI agent that has helped Penn in the past?
(a) Willie Pinder.
(b) Peter Lutjens.
(c) Ronald Rundell.
(d) Parker Marvin.
2. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
(b) Kidney failure.
(c) Heart murmurs.
(d) Lung disease.
3. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
(a) Tom had a nervous breakdown.
(b) Tom fled the state.
(c) Tom was arrested.
(d) Tom had a heart attack.
4. What does one of the Hanratty brothers periodically send to Penn?
5. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, to whom is Olivia married?
(a) A stockbroker.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A banker.
6. How long before the story begins does Penn Cage's wife die?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Ten months.
7. What company is considering Natchez for its new plant location?
8. Who does Penn Cage meet on the airplane as Penn is flying to his hometown?
9. Who is Payton's mother?
10. Whom does Penn suggest Tom talk to about Tom's options regarding the blackmail?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) Shad Johnson.
(c) Sam Jacobs.
(d) Austin Mackey.
11. How much money does Penn offer to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
12. What is the name of the black woman who works for the Cage family?
13. Who drives Penn home from the fundraising party?
14. Of what is Penn accused by the woman who throws a drink in his face?
(a) Ruining her son's life.
(b) Ruining her husband's life.
(c) Ruining her daughter's life.
(d) Ruining her life.
15. How does Tom feel to this day about Hillman's murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sam, what rumor has he heard about Olivia?
2. What is the name of the waitress that interrupts Penn's interview?
3. According to the article published after Penn's interview, what does Penn call Payton's murderers?
4. As Chapter Five opens, to whom does Penn grant an interview?
5. What is the name of the paper that Penn's interviewer works for?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)