|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Payton's widow?
2. What company is considering Natchez for its new plant location?
3. At the fundraising party, who throws a drink in Penn's face?
(a) Maude Marston.
(b) Georgia Payton.
(c) Althea Payton.
(d) Olivia Marston.
4. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, to whom is Olivia married?
(a) A stockbroker.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A banker.
(d) An attorney.
5. Who is the father of the girl Penn was involved with during high school?
(a) Austin Mackey.
(b) Ray Presley.
(c) Delano Payton.
(d) Leo Marston.
6. When Tom was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier, who was the prosecuting attorney?
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) Delano Payton.
(c) John Portman.
(d) Austin Mackey.
7. How does the story initially describe Ray Presley?
(a) As an honest person.
(b) As a lying thief.
(c) As an upstanding citizen.
(d) As a dangerous man.
8. Who is the district attorney in Natchez?
(a) Ray Presley.
(b) John Portman.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) Austin Mackey.
9. What is the occupation of the father of the girl Penn was involved with during high school?
10. What is the name of Penn Cage's wife?
11. How is Leo Marston characterized when he is introduced into the novel?
(a) As Natchez greed.
(b) As Natchez loyalty.
(c) As Natchez royalty.
(d) As Natchez money.
12. Who drives Penn home from the fundraising party?
13. According to Tom, in what year was Penn's aunt raped?
14. Which old school friend does Penn run into at the fundraising party?
(a) Riley Warren.
(b) Ike Ransom.
(c) Sam Jacobs.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
15. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
(b) Heart murmurs.
(c) Lung disease.
(d) Kidney failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the waitress interrupt Penn's interview?
2. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
3. Where are Penn and his daughter when Penn decides to move back to his hometown?
4. How long has Penn been away from Natchez for before he returns to begin a new life?
5. How many Hanratty brothers are there?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)