|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Penn as he returns home from the fundraiser?
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) Shad Johnson.
(c) Ike Ransom.
(d) Austin Mackey.
2. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
(a) Tom had a nervous breakdown.
(b) Tom fled the state.
(c) Tom had a heart attack.
(d) Tom was arrested.
3. Who does the person following Penn believe was responsible for the murder of Payton?
(a) Shad Johnson.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Leo Marston.
(d) John Portman.
4. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, where is Olivia living?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Why does the waitress interrupt Penn's interview?
(a) To deliver his food.
(b) For his autograph.
(c) For his order.
(d) To deliver his bill.
6. When the two women tell Penn the story of Payton's murder, how does Penn react?
(a) Penn is contrite.
(b) Penn is outraged.
(c) Penn is sympathetic.
(d) Penn is in denial.
7. What is the name of the plant at which Payton worked?
(a) Triton Battery.
(b) Interstate Battery.
(c) Duracell Battery.
(d) Exide Battery.
8. What is Penn Cage's occupation?
(a) An author.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An attorney.
(d) An accountant.
9. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what is the next step after being mayor of Natchez?
(a) District Attorney.
(c) Lieutenant Colonel.
10. When Penn gets in the car of the person who was following Penn home from the fundraiser, where do the two men go?
(a) The police station.
(b) Biscuits and Blues.
(c) FBI Headquarters.
(d) Triton Battery.
11. After committing a racially-motivated murder in California, where did Hanratty and his brothers escape to?
12. According to Sam, what rumor has he heard about Olivia?
(a) Her marriage is ending.
(b) She's moving back to Natchez.
(c) She spends money like water.
(d) Her husband is violent.
13. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what does this person consider Payton to be?
(a) A trumpet call.
(b) An electric charge.
(c) A stepping stone.
(d) A thunderbolt.
14. Where is Penn's hometown?
15. After Hanratty is convicted, his brother is shot and killed. Who shoots Hanratty's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Penn been away from Natchez for before he returns to begin a new life?
2. How long has the black woman been working for the Cage family?
3. What is the nickname of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
4. How long before the story begins does Penn Cage's wife die?
5. Who picks up Penn and his daughter from the airport?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)