|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Payton's widow?
2. What does Penn do when he sees that Leo Marston has arrived at the fundraising party?
(a) Asks for a meeting.
(b) Confronts the judge.
(c) Sends his father home.
(d) Asks for a continuance.
3. According to Tom, who had Tom told about Ellen's rape in his office?
(a) Don Hillman.
(b) Leo Marston.
(c) Riley Warren.
(d) Ray Presley.
4. What is the name of the waitress that interrupts Penn's interview?
5. Who picks up Penn and his daughter from the airport?
6. According to the person Penn goes to see after telling his father that he's bought the gun, what happened to the Payton file?
(a) It was shredded.
(b) It was destroyed in a fire.
(c) It was sent to storage.
(d) It was taken to Washington.
7. Where do Penn and his interviewer end up meeting?
(a) At Biscuits and Bars.
(b) At Biscuits and Hotcakes.
(c) At Biscuits and Blues.
(d) At Biscuits and Buns.
8. Who follows Penn as he returns home from the fundraiser?
(a) Ike Ransom.
(b) Shad Johnson.
(c) Austin Mackey.
(d) Leo Marston.
9. What is the name of the FBI agent that has helped Penn in the past?
(a) Peter Lutjens.
(b) Ronald Rundell.
(c) Willie Pinder.
(d) Parker Marvin.
10. When the two women appear on Tom's doorstep, how do the women view Penn?
(a) As their betrayer.
(b) As their champion.
(c) As their slayer.
(d) As their healer.
11. In what state did Hillman's murder take place?
12. How long before the story begins does Penn Cage's wife die?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Seven months.
13. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
(a) Tom fled the state.
(b) Tom had a nervous breakdown.
(c) Tom was arrested.
(d) Tom had a heart attack.
14. Why does the waitress interrupt Penn's interview?
(a) To deliver his bill.
(b) For his autograph.
(c) For his order.
(d) To deliver his food.
15. Who does Penn Cage meet on the airplane as Penn is flying to his hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which old school friend does Penn run into at the fundraising party?
2. What is the name of the black woman who works for the Cage family?
3. Who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling Penn that his family is in danger?
4. Which character is friends with Penn even though he is Jewish and Penn is not?
5. How does the story initially describe Tom Cage?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)