|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Penn and his daughter when Penn decides to move back to his hometown?
(a) Epcot Center.
(b) King's Island.
(c) Sea World.
(d) Walt Disney World.
2. According to the article published after Penn's interview, what does Penn call Payton's murderers?
3. What is Penn Cage's occupation?
(a) An author.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An attorney.
4. How long before the story begins does Penn Cage's wife die?
(a) Five months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Seven months.
5. When Tom was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier, who was the prosecuting attorney?
(a) Leo Marston.
(b) John Portman.
(c) Delano Payton.
(d) Austin Mackey.
6. According to Tom, in what year was Penn's aunt raped?
7. When the two women appear on Tom's doorstep, how do the women view Penn?
(a) As their healer.
(b) As their champion.
(c) As their slayer.
(d) As their betrayer.
8. What is the nickname of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
(a) The Spike.
(b) The Matador.
(c) The Machine.
(d) The Terminator.
9. Why does the waitress interrupt Penn's interview?
(a) To deliver his food.
(b) For his autograph.
(c) To deliver his bill.
(d) For his order.
10. How does Tom feel to this day about Hillman's murder?
11. What is the cause of death listed on Payton's death certificate?
(b) Smoke inhalation.
12. Who does Penn Cage meet on the airplane as Penn is flying to his hometown?
13. Which character is friends with Penn even though he is Jewish and Penn is not?
(a) Austin Mackey.
(b) Sam Jacobs.
(c) Riley Warren.
(d) Abe Jensen.
14. What is the occupation of Penn Cage's father?
(a) An attorney.
(b) An author.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A doctor.
15. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what does this person consider Payton to be?
(a) A trumpet call.
(b) An electric charge.
(c) A thunderbolt.
(d) A stepping stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Hanratty brothers are there?
2. Whom does Penn suggest Tom talk to about Tom's options regarding the blackmail?
3. What company is considering Natchez for its new plant location?
4. According to the rumors that Penn had heard, where is Olivia living?
5. According to the person who convinces Penn to meet with him by telling him that his family is in danger, what is the next step after being mayor of Natchez?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)