|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the person who follows Penn home from the fundraiser?
(a) He's the sheriff.
(b) He's an FBI agent.
(c) He's the mayor.
(d) He's an investigator.
2. Who drives Penn home from the fundraising party?
3. What happened to Tom when he was the defendant in a malpractice suit years earlier?
(a) Tom was arrested.
(b) Tom had a nervous breakdown.
(c) Tom had a heart attack.
(d) Tom fled the state.
4. How does the story initially describe Tom Cage?
(a) A fine man.
(b) An incompetent doctor.
(c) A dangerous man.
(d) A lying thief.
5. What kind of gun was used to kill Hillman?
(a) A thirty-eight.
(b) A fifty-seven Magnum.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A semi-automatic.
6. How much money does Penn offer to Ray Presley to buy Presley's gun?
7. How did Payton die?
(a) He suffocated.
(b) He was in an accident.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He burned to death.
8. When Penn has a dream that someone is trying to tell him something, whom does Penn see in his dream?
(a) Ruby Flowers.
(b) Peggy Cage.
(c) Olivia Marston.
(d) Caitlin Masters.
9. While Tom and Penn are fighting about the newspaper article, who rings Tom's doorbell?
10. Where are Penn and his daughter when Penn decides to move back to his hometown?
(a) Epcot Center.
(b) Walt Disney World.
(c) King's Island.
(d) Sea World.
11. Who picks up Penn and his daughter from the airport?
12. According to Tom, in what year was Penn's aunt raped?
13. When the two women appear on Tom's doorstep, how do the women view Penn?
(a) As their slayer.
(b) As their healer.
(c) As their champion.
(d) As their betrayer.
14. What is the name of the waitress that interrupts Penn's interview?
15. What has Presley recently been diagnosed with?
(a) Kidney failure.
(b) Heart murmurs.
(c) Lung disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Penn Cage's mother?
2. What is the name of the FBI agent that has helped Penn in the past?
3. How long has Penn been away from Natchez for before he returns to begin a new life?
4. What is Penn Cage's occupation?
5. What is the name of Penn Cage's daughter?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)